Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-17-2014, 01:39 AM

Livestream

I doodle. I try. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

October:

November:

(when I find 'em)

December:

http://i39.tinypic.com/29m386s.jpg
(when i find the rest)

January:

(will post sketches later)

Comment? Critique? I dunno. //ifeelsoawkwardimsorry

Last edited by Naruto forever; 03-07-2015 at 01:49 AM..

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-18-2014, 12:26 PM

I really like the still life work you've done 8D
The apple looks remarkable!

Do you use references when you draw people?

Naruto forever

Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM

Ah, thank you! I'm still a beginner with still life, so I'm happy to hear that!

And no I don't. I probably should, but I don't. If I ever really need one I sometimes just look in a mirror and see how it looks. ^^;

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 PM

Gee whiz it looks pretty amazing!

And I really love how you've got hair flow down the shading looks great for the hair!

As a suggestion I think you should practise drawing with a reference
It doesn't have to be all the time, and even if its just for a bunch quick little doodles! Or if you just knuckle down and do a study of anatomy as well that is fine.
The thing about drawing from references is that you get a better grasp on anatomy and you get a better idea of how things group and work together like a jigsaw puzzle and that can never go astray
Also something I would suggest is maybe doing a quick study of clothe folds, or drawing them from a reference. Your folds look good, but they just feel a bit awkward in the positions and looking at real life folds will help you be able to put them in more natural positions

Sorry for going straight on to critiquing but I really like your drawings and would love to see you improve and make them even better

Have you considered opening up an art shop here on mene or no time?

Naruto forever

Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 PM

Thank you!

I'm trying to work on my anatomy a lot lately, but it's mainly just looking up tutorials on it. ^^;
Though I definitely will start looking at references. Maybe I'll even be able to find a live drawing class.
And the study on clothing is a good idea c:

And no worries, I really do like it when people critique my work.
And I am thinking of opening one once I get into my second semester. :)

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM

While tutorials can help to break things up, its generally better to look at life references because then your brain finds it own special way to interpret it and get's less confused as it tries to interpret someone else's interpretation, if that makes sense.

When I'm first starting out on studying something, what I usually do is grab a couple of pictures of different poses and (I cheat a little bit) I trace over them, and like pick out the blocks or things that group together like here. Especially in areas I can't draw well. And then after I figure out the blocks, I look at different pictures and try drawing it just by eyeballing it.
If that's help at all.

That's good!
I don't really have a lot people critique my work (maybe like one every blue moon), though I do, do that enough just by myself

I'll have to keep a look out for it then
I'm currently in the middle of re-vamping my own.

Naruto forever

Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 AM

That makes a lot of sense actually.
And that helps quite a bit. I may actually attempt to use your style of studying~

I might actually have to poppy a couple of art shops. I have some characters that need art >.<

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 AM

Awesome! Its good when I make sense
I'm glad it helps! And I do the same for specific areas as well, I've done it for hands and for feet, and I have the craziest improvement on hands ever! From this to this in a matter of days due to practise

Naruto forever

Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM

I've done it a bit, and it's helping! Not very noticeable yet, but slowly it is~
Hopefully I'll be able to get better at it quickly!

thank you so much!

//and I love your art by the way//

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 01-30-2014, 06:10 AM

Slowly does it
The key is not to give up even if you don't improve quickly It takes time!

No worries!

And thank you

Naruto forever

Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 PM

Yup! It took a long time for me to even be able to just do faces properly, but I got it after a lot of work! :)

And your welcome~

Also, doodle from...couple nights ago? A week ago? I can't really remember. It was late. I couldn't sleep.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Looking good!
Do you use a tablet or a mouse?

Naruto forever

Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 AM

Thank you!
I used a tablet.
I'm probably gonna re-do him at some point, and actually make him look like yoongi. xP And colour nicely. >.>;

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-04-2014, 06:15 AM

Do you use pressure sensitivity? Do have pressure sensitivity?

I have a few notes anatomy wise for the face, I hope you don't mind.
Mostly its just I think the eyes need to be a little bit higher.
Our eyebrows generally are between halfway and 3/4 up our face, (I mark this by the original circle I draw in the sketch of the head) and our eyes aren't too far underneath.
You can effectively warp the rules for a good art style, so all I'm saying are suggestions.

Naruto forever

Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 PM

I use it when I can. Ahah... My tablet has issues at points, so I'm saving up to either fix it or just buy a new one. There are times when the pressure sensitivity works great, and then others where it just kinda gives up on me.

I don't mind at all! In fact, that actually helps a lot. When I started doing these style of eyes a bit ago, my anatomy for the face got a tad messed up, so I definitely needed someone to remind me of the rules again! Sometimes I get them (eyes, mouth, nose) on point, but there are (obviously) times where they're pretty off.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 AM

Probably just buy a new one would be good what brand are you thinking of?

And its alright if you get it wrong
Just as long as you notice it and attempt to fix it up as much as you can! \o/

Naruto forever

Old 02-05-2014, 08:10 PM

I'm planning on getting an intuos. Hoping at least.

And that's what I do. Or at least try to do. >.< It helps when others give critiques and tips and such. For a while people didn't help me at all and just ignored it. They only started critiquing a bit when I started getting a bit... ok at it. ^^;

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-06-2014, 09:04 AM

I have a wacom bamboo

Aw. I've actually had no one but myself critique me
I'm very hard on myself.
I learnt a few tips and tricks from youtube videos, but it is good when you have someone to give you hints. At least I would presume it is I'm kinda self taught

Naruto forever

Old 02-06-2014, 08:34 PM

It sucks, though I think it happens to a lot of people. From what I've seen, a lot of people on line don't feel comfortable critiquing... :/ But it's great that you do, even if no one did it for you! I appreciate it a lot, anyways!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-07-2014, 06:02 AM

I get a little worried that people won't like it so I ask first
if they're serious about drawing they take the advice though
i am no where near the best too so people probably don't want advice from me

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2014, 02:16 AM

Oh wow, these are really nice! I love the still life too! It's remarkable~ It's also nice to see other styles of your artwork compared to the still life and they look fantastic too! :)

Naruto forever

Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 AM

@WheredidIgo; yea, I guess asking is always good. Especially because some people just do it as a (complete) hobby and don't really want people to say where they went "wrong". And sure you're not the best of the best, but you're sure close!

wayxtoxdawn: Thank you! I'm glad people like my still life because I wasn't confident with it at all when I did it. Now I'm feeling more so.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 AM

Or they just don't like to be told they could be better regardless X('

Aw shucks I wish.
I'm getting there though

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-23-2014, 08:40 AM

Your still life is beautiful. I think my favorite is the last one with blue and white hair. Some work could be done on the arms, but that's actually a pretty awesome hand. *sucks at fingers*

Naruto forever

Old 03-02-2014, 03:30 AM

alexander: Thank you so much! And yea, I know arms aren't my thing. Ahah. I need to work on them a lot. xD

Also, to anyone interested, I'm doing a livestream Atm, for a commission. ^^

Livestream