Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Doing his best not to jump, Elias used his considerable amount of experience not to mar his painting with a sudden jerk of the wrist. "What did I tell you about knocking," Elias muttered before he turned to take in his mate's appearance. What he saw and heard had him freezing instead. Barrett didn't look like he came over just to play as he set the cat carrier on a free spot, though still no doubt loosening cat hair in a place he didn't prefer it. Barrett's words only solidified his suspicion.

"I'm sorry. Who's moving in where now?" Eyes narrowing, Elias just stared his soulmate down without raising from his seated place on the floor. As much as he wanted to think of this as a joke though, he knew better. He knew far better than that. A second later, Elias groaned, dropped his head into his palm. There was no way he could doubt Barrett's seriousness about this no matter how hard he tried. "Please at least tell me there's not a moving truck that's going to arrive in two minutes. Can't you at least give me notice?" He sighed. "No, of course you can't. What am I to do with you? Honestly."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-12-2017, 04:52 AM

Barrett settled next to Elias, grinning widely, no regret showing, after all things had gone exactly had he expected. He'd successfully managed to move his stuff into the house over the last couple months without Elias really taking notice of it. Not with how much Barrett was over here and how natural it felt for their stuff to be intermingling.

"Babe, you clearly haven't been paying attention," Barrett said, tone slightly smug. "I've been moving stuff in for weeks now. THere's no moving truck. Willow and what's in my car are the last of it." He pecked Elias on the cheek, "I don't have any furniture or anything, and I would need it if you did, so it really was just all knick-knack stuff and I've brought at least something over every time I've come over. I'm really shocked you didn't notice." He eyes widen as he said this, an affected innocence; the point having been for Elias to not notice. "But aren't you happy?" he asked, "No more me having to go home or anything like that. We can have our only little slice of life out here in the woods."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-13-2017, 12:04 AM

Elias' lips twitched into a frown that didn't reach his heart in the slightest. "Who's happy that all their peace and quiet will be forever tainted," he muttered in a small tease. That calm reprove didn't match the way his heart skipped a beat though. Barrett was right. He hadn't noticed at all. Turning to look out a small window, in his mind he raced through of all the things that Barrett owned already at his place. Everything that came to mind completely boggled it. How hadn't he noticed?

Sighed again, Elias couldn't help but smile. "You win, as always." Pulling Barrett into his arms, he let his body relax as it only could with Barrett near. "But next time, give me a warning or something. This old man's heart is going to burst one day if you keep surprising it, you know," he added with another shake of his head. It was a wonder that Barrett hadn't given him a heart attack yet.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-14-2017, 04:16 AM

"Ah, come on, you know your peace and quiet is overrated, old man," Barrett pouted, settling back into Elias's embrace, a position that was becoming natural when Barrett managed to convince Elias to take a break from painting, usually by just interrupting the older man. "You love the excitement I bring to your life." He said, confident. Barrett couldn't help but feel a quiet sort of confidence in their relationship. It wasn't a perfect journey to get here; they'd both hurt each other along the way, but, this now, the comfort of Elias's arms around him in the studio, paintings that always seemed to somehow allude to their connection adorning the walls-- this was everything he'd every dreamed about having his mate. Maybe, Elias wasn't who he expected. And Barrett definitely wasn't what Elias expected. But there was a balance to their bond. Something about their two discordant personalities, balancing out to something beautiful and healing and rejuvenating. It was the perfect match, just like the soulmate bond should be.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-14-2017, 11:58 PM

Elias let out a small laugh as he turned his eyes up to look at his newest painting of the sea. Then, he looked down at Barrett and just smiled. "Overrated indeed."

The End