Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 PM

Those that hadn't scattered off from the cafeteria were on the other side and they were staring. This was the sort of thing you'd expect to see when a girl lost an earring or something, crawling around obsessively on the floor. Those people too far away didn't know what was going on, but that was probably why they were watching. Layland didn't point out they were still being stared at so he just searched around the floor with Cian. There was nothing to be found though. He sighed and considered reaching out and being comforting, but Cian already looked freaked out enough. "It's...really not that bad. It's just a little chip. I mean it's..." He trailed off. Although the look of the little bit of tooth missing was surprising, it wasn't some kind of horrid blemish. He stood up and pulled Cian up with him. "Come on. Let's just get out of here."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 07-06-2014, 01:50 AM

Not that bad? Cian could have laughed if he felt it humorous enough, but instead it was devastating. He would have scanned the white tile for hours if Layland didn't grab him, but when he did, Cian suddenly felt all the eyes on him, staring at them, and he broke off from Layland, leading the way out the back double doors that let them emerge into the small side parking lot. When he was no longer alone, he turned to Layland with his hands pressed over his mouth to hide the damage. "It is bad." He said through his fingers. "To my parents, my family, it'll be awful. They'll think I've done this on purpose to get out of stage performance because we have to look as perfect as possible, and this is an imperfection people can see..." He sniffed, blinking back more tears and pushing one hand into his pocket. "I... I came here to give you something..."

He pulled the bracelet out and pushed it into Layland's hand. "I understand you... you don't like flashy things... or colors..." He looked down, hiding his mouth.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 PM

Layland stared at Cian as he hurried away and out the doors. So quick to move away. It took him a second to follow but they were both soon in the parking lot with no one else around. "I'm sure you're exaggerating. You can't see something like that from much a distance. Really it's actually likab-! ...oh," He was cut off when Cian shoved something into his hand. Layland looked down at the bracelet in surprise. His expression quickly turned soft though, tinged a little with awe. He tilted the thing between his fingers, fascinated by the sparkle of sunlight on the smokey stones. "It's beautiful," he said simply in a quiet voice. He felt something when looking at it. So strange. "You finished this so quickly? I really...like it. Thank you." In his surprise, he forgot about what he was saying earlier, instead still staring at the bracelet.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 PM

Cian managed a close-lipped smile and nodded a bit. "My... Well, when I have time, I... I make things quickly." He shrugged. "It helps when I'm not hindered by the traditional human limitations... It helps too that I don't have to wait for heating or cooling when I can just form a spark or cold pocket... It means I don't need... tools that most jewelers do." He went silent and shrugged. "Must be why my family doesn't want me doing it. Doesn't want me to waste my power on this... they call it worthless and a waste of something that only we have..." He shrugged and shook his head, and finally looked up.

"Sorry, I... I came here to give you that so..." he absently put his hand back to his mouth. "I'll get going. I hope you like it. I mean, I'm glad you do, because you already said you did..." He felt his face grow warm and hurried past Layland, shoving his hands into his pockets. Maybe if he hadn't been in such a rush to hand it over, this wouldn't have happened. His distant hope that maybe he could win over a bit more of Layland was stupid, and he'd chipped his tooth because of it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Layland stared and before he realized it, a smile twitched over his lips. Something real and natural, the sort of smile he'd be surprised at if he noticed. "That's so impressive." He didn't have any other words to say what he thought. Somehow he was touched by this show of friendship or whatever Cian meant by the gift. Layland found he didn't care because it pleased him either way. When he noticed Cian walking away, it took a second to react. "Oh okay. So...I'll see you tomorrow?" He nodded to himself and waved bye. Once Cian left he decided he might as well wear the gift. He slipped the latch closed and turned his wrist to admire the bracelet. It really did suit him, and he thought he'd never think that about a piece of jewelry. "I winder if this is normal for friends?"