The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-14-2018, 01:37 PM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

Currently I'm in the central NC area watching the hurricane blow against my door. Anybody else weathering the storm right now? Got all your emergency supplies ready?

This is my first hurricane so I may have over prepared. I have 14 gallons of water and about 7 gallons of non-water liquids.

How have you prepared?
If you're not in it's wake how would you prepare?

A lot of people around me just stocked up on booze... locals...

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-14-2018, 07:00 PM

Hello, weaponized weather.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-15-2018, 02:02 AM

Some tips I've learned through the hurricane years of my life... Put as much ice as you can fit inside your washing machine tub put your beverages in there or anything else that's in plastic that needs to stay cold milk cartons will get really gross in there don't use it. Put everything you can in the freezer pack it like a Tetris game. Fill your tubs with water fill as many containers as you can buy the toilet with water because flushing is a necessity. Anything that holds water feel that puppy up no power no water unhappy campers. Stay safe everyone!

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 AM

I've been watching Accuweather tv while eating dinner and one reporter described the deluge as a slow moving fire hose moving about. The news is suggesting those in attics keep an axe on hand.

Hope you are safe.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-15-2018, 03:33 AM

I lived through Hugo when I was a baby in North Carolona. Then ended up moving to Florida and seen my fair share of hurricanes. Irma last year was the worst one I can remember

Please stay safe. Better to be over prepared than under.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-15-2018, 11:16 PM

Hummy never heard of filling a washing machine.

Wrong that's pretty accurate tbh. So much rain.

Maria so they liked hurricanes so much they went to hurricane central?

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 09-18-2018, 08:40 PM

The way people were acting early last week, I was expecting Flo to at least graze us more.

And then, of course... nothing happened up here, really.

Virginia, blowing things WAY the hell out of proportion since time immemorial. *rolls eyes*

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 AM

I'm glad the Poet is safe and I hope he continues to be.
I have only lived in Oregon and Colorado, so I have never had to endure a hurricane.
In Colorado, I have been through a number of tornado warnings and the one that came close to my home came when I was on the other side of town.
I did endure a hail storm, once, with hail stones the size of a softball and bigger!... fortunately the only damage we encountered was a broken windshield on our car. Many of our neighbors had broken windows, including a 10 floor high-rise for senior citizens.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-20-2018, 04:57 PM

I think around last week or the week before. People here in Louisiana where going crazy. Sam's club had long lines every where. If you had go to walmart some of stuff was wipe. Clean off the shelves randomly on some Isles.

On a other note I hear you can clean. Your self up with baby wipes if you have no running water. My mom read about it some where on the net.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 PM

We used baby wipes to clean ourselves when we were homeless...but I recently read something about how some wipes can cause a rash because of the preservatives they use in them.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-21-2018, 02:36 PM

Onsen - Ooh yeah I had thought about that a bit. XD
It actually curved right around my town.

It was projected to hit us dead on for most of the forcast

Inzane - Woah that hail storm sounds scary. Probably would have damaged my house a lot more than this hurricane did. o.o

Sailor - I saw that too, entire sections of stores were completely empty... and MILK was one of the big ones!! What even! We were expecting MASSIVE power outages...

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-22-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
We used baby wipes to clean ourselves when we were homeless...but I recently read something about how some wipes can cause a rash because of the preservatives they use in them.
I use Pampers sensitive non odor baby wipes. No rashes and the towelettes don't tear when reaching into one's nether region. 👍

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 09-22-2018, 10:19 PM

Everyone disappears when I mention the touchy subject of the treatment of personal hygiene. I dunno why.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-23-2018, 12:25 AM

Inzane what I had no idea we just buy the walmart brand.

Dang Poet that is crazy nut's to hear. over here bread of some brands where complete gone. I can't recall what else but. I know for a fact the hurricane we had two year a ago. that one cause some bad floods over by me.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-23-2018, 10:42 PM

I just finished the repairs of the house today. Took a few hours but hoping it will withstand or long enough. If global warming goes far enough I'll need a stronger house though.