Alrighty - I attempted to make it more obvious and a bit darker:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 PM

keep on blending.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM

Added some of shade 5 to darken a few areas - worked on blending it a bit more...any better?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-01-2012, 09:44 AM

I think the dithering is a bit harsh... can blend it further?
especially the belt loop. sometimes, they might not need dither.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 PM

I can try - I was trying to dither and blend but was running out of room XD

Alrighty - so I attempted to clean up the dithering - to be honest every time I changed the shading I would completely erase what I had so it was bunch of left over dithers in there XD

Tried to make it more blended...not sure if I succeeded XD

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 04-01-2012 at 03:22 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Are you using GIMP for this?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Are you using GIMP for this?
I'm actually using MS Paint XD But a lot of the others are using programs like GIMP because they like to work with layers (I'm just weird and never use layers in any of my art XD)

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM

the outline shading could use more shades on the corners.
belt loop would be too small for dithering, I do not think it need dithering, just follow the shape to shade.
I only notice wrinkles on one side of the pants, how about the other side?
Try work some more on your shade relativity. like shade 5 should be nest to shade 4 or 3, not jump a shade to shade 2, for example.

Using GIMP is smart.
Using Paint is AWESOME.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 04-01-2012, 04:44 PM

Haha! So it can be done in MS Paint! You've no idea how overjoyed I am to hear this. I prefer working with paint myself (because I'm special like that and have something of a grudge against GIMP for being le evil). Anywho, thanks for letting me know, dear.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
the outline shading could use more shades on the corners.
belt loop would be too small for dithering, I do not think it need dithering, just follow the shape to shade.
I only notice wrinkles on one side of the pants, how about the other side?
Try work some more on your shade relativity. like shade 5 should be nest to shade 4 or 3, not jump a shade to shade 2, for example.

Using GIMP is smart.
Using Paint is AWESOME.
Oh I see what you mean about the belt loop!
I thought I was doing pretty well with getting the colors next to each other *goes to inspect more*
And there are wrinkles on the other side - just not as dark XD *will darken them and define them a bit more*

GIMP is smart XD But I dunno - just like paint :D XD

Quote:
Haha! So it can be done in MS Paint! You've no idea how overjoyed I am to hear this. I prefer working with paint myself (because I'm special like that and have something of a grudge against GIMP for being le evil). Anywho, thanks for letting me know, dear.
haha aw I'm glad I can help! I really enjoy using MS Paint - it's just easy for me :D XDDDD

SOOO...this is something I JUST started - not really shaded or anything XD But since I can't release my menetrek shirts because of something similar already made...I decide to go with a menegames shirt instead XD

EDIT:

@Xuvvie - alrighty - I'm sorry if I seem thick headed and you're like "WHY DOESN'T SHE DO WHAT I SAY THE FIRST TIME?!?!?" XDDD

But here is an update - I took the dithering off the belt area....and i attempted to get ride of shades that jumped next to each other. and I attempted to shade the lines a bit more...and attempted to make the wrinkles on the other side more prominent:

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 04-01-2012 at 05:01 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-01-2012, 05:09 PM

LOL. XD
I am a pretty impatient person. I will get to a point of exploding unexpectedly, without any forewarning.

Now it looks satisfying.
you can still do some more blending on the lines at the bottom hem. the fold over hem part.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
LOL. XD
I am a pretty impatient person. I will get to a point of exploding unexpectedly, without any forewarning.

Now it looks satisfying.
you can still do some more blending on the lines at the bottom hem. the fold over hem part.
lol if I ever annoy you just tell me you'll come back later XDDD I really appreciate the help though :D XD I've been trying to finish these for a while now lmao XD

I'll go see what I can do about those lines:

Alrighty - this is the best i can do without it blending into the existing shading and disappearing D:

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Oooh Mene Games. I can see those being a big hit. Good call and I love the design.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Oooh Mene Games. I can see those being a big hit. Good call and I love the design.
Thank you! I was thinking of making them more mene-esque so it's not going to be a copyright issue by using blue and silver instead of red and silver....and then doing an alternate with red and yellow (like the alter ego and mischief maker items) XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I like the shirt too, Maria.

I would think that Jelly would start approving some of these things so that the newbie shop can get something nice to cover the poor little nekkid bottoms of our newbies...

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Would you mind sending the bases you're using my way? I'd be very much appreciated, as I'm having a bit of trouble finding a pure white male base so that I can make the things I have up thus far a bit more gender neutral.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found some!

Last edited by Seridano; 04-01-2012 at 09:47 PM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post

I would think that Jelly would start approving some of these things so that the newbie shop can get something nice to cover the poor little nekkid bottoms of our newbies...
Like I don't have anything else to do... :lol:

I like the shorts :yes: The avie would struggle to get their hand in their left pocket, but that's just me being super picky >:]

I do find the outline colour on the turn ups to be a bit dark, it jumps out at me a bit, but that is a personal thingof mine, I know.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-02-2012, 02:50 AM

Yea, what's your problem, Jelly!

*cracks the whip*

Get with it!

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM

Pencil Skirt!
I want those
Your pixels are pretty Maria

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post

Aw but jelly jelly is busy! Poor jelly has so much on her plate. D: And most of these still need some work anyway D:

Quote:
Would you mind sending the bases you're using my way? I'd be very much appreciated, as I'm having a bit of trouble finding a pure white male base so that I can make the things I have up thus far a bit more gender neutral.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found some!
Sorry I disappeared - I had to go to work yesterday XD But I'm glad you found them :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Like I don't have anything else to do... :lol:

I like the shorts :yes: The avie would struggle to get their hand in their left pocket, but that's just me being super picky >:]

I do find the outline colour on the turn ups to be a bit dark, it jumps out at me a bit, but that is a personal thingof mine, I know.
I just noticed the name changes of the shops! I like them :D

Is it the avvie's left or our left pocket that you are talking about?

and I'll try to work on the turnups a bit more - just hard to get it lighter because it starts blending into the shading around it D:

After the shorts I'll work next on another item. Are there any listed up front you'd like to see done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyll3 View Post
Pencil Skirt!
I want those
Your pixels are pretty Maria
I love the pencil skirt so far but it needs work on the shading XD I've barely touched it D:

Thank you Vicky <3

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM

lol...Jelly knows that I'm just teasing her.

Right, Jelly? Jelly?

(uh-oh...I think I'm in trouble...)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM

Uh-oh Jean! You better run before Jelly decides to use her ban hammer of doom! XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 PM

And to make matters worse...

Umm, Jelly...in the description of Legs 11, Femurs is spelled wrong...

(Now I'd REALLY better run!)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM

lol Jean *covers for you* Uh...she went....That way! *points in the wrong direction*

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM

wow Maria! you are doing great! can't wait to see some more of your items in the shop!