Labyrinthine
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 PM

I looked around for this thread and couldn't find one, so I thought I'd make it! I just got a copy a few days ago and I'm super excited!

Does anybody here play Animal Crossing? Wanna exchange friend codes? I'm currently addicted to the Wii version, City Folk.

My Info:
Name: Josie
Town: Gotham
Fruit: Peaches
Friend Code: 3998-1184-5536

Arkkath
Broseidon, King of the Broceans
Send a message via MSN to Arkkath

Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM

I played so much of the original Animal Crossing and the DS version to a slightly lesser extent.
In the gamecube version, I entirely paid off my house and got a spiffy golden statue of myself for people to admire.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Holy cow, I love Animal Crossing... unfortunately I don't own the Gamecube... but I might own a memory card and I have a Wii now! I'm seeing my brother over St. Pat's so I'll get it from him then. :D

Gosh I haven't played in like 6 years... My town must be a hot mess >3>;;

Labyrinthine
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 AM

There's a new version coming out for the 3DS, I totally can't wait. You can finally swim, omg.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 AM

I love that game! I used to play the Gamecube version each day for hours at a time. When I wasn't at school or work, that is. :P
I tried playing the DS version, but it just seems a bit odd to me with that small screen... Not used to it I guess...
But I'm really into the Wii version now! I actually just finished playing it for the day.
Though... Not having wireless internet to play with others kind of gets boring... For months now, I've been trying to get someone to set it up for me, but that usually either leads to people's doubts about it or constant reminders... Which I hate doing...
It would be nice to get it set up, but at the same time... With their doubts... Makes me feel kind of doubtful myself and makes me wonder if it's even worth it to get the wireless internet set up just for that...

Kaylesha Blackheart
Go Go Samurai!

Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM

I loved the DS version cause you could catch bugs, including mosquitos. and the game was funny, too.
If I can find my DS version, I'll clean up the town and invite folks over.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 02-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Ark just got me readdicted. We both just picked up City Folk!

My friend code: 2108 3432 5501
My name: Jordan
My town: Anark
My fruit: Oranges

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 02-28-2012, 04:48 PM

I'm playing it right now! I got the wii version in November. I used to play on the DS version for years. I like this version better though, much better graphics!

I'd love to visit your town, Labyrinthine, I just need internet connection. Somehow, my router is not compatible and the usb nintendo wifi no longer works for me. When I get it sorted, I want to exchange! I have oranges in my town, and I really want some foreign fruit!

Petrova

Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM

I love Animal Crossing, at the moment I only have an Xbox 360.. it is a shame that it isn't avaliable for Xbox :(

I would really love to get another 3DS just to get the new Animal Crossing. My sister is currently playing the one for Wii, I've got a file on there but I never get a chance to go on it.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM

So apparently I own a Gamecube... news to me! xD

I got my copy of AC back but I'm debating whether or not to play it on Gamecube or start over on Wii. Hrm.

I'm leaning towards Wii.

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 PM

Haha, I was going to start a thread about this but found someone beat me to this. :lol:
I am currently insanely addicted to Wild World, and I've been playing it for a week or 2 now.
As with all Animal Crossing games, I always go through phases with it... but I'm serious about this playthrough!
I've gotten pretty far, too.

The only complaint with it is that I need someone to travel here and buy from Nook so I can upgrade my store
(eventually). :gonk: I do not understand this logic!! But I'll cross that bridge when I get there... for now, I'm just
enjoying myself!

I had all 3 versions, but because I never touched my gamecube version, I sold it eventually. I remember
opening it Christmas morning and having a heart attack of happiness! I hope it found a good home :(
I still have CF and WW... been playing WW more because my wii is acting up-- plus I can take it with me :heart:

The only thing I like about CF more is that I can use my mii's face. That's nice, but being portable beats that
out any time, personally. I'm holding onto that one though... not sure I want to sell it yet. I love my AC :D

SO EXCITED FOR THE 3DS one by the way!!! (even though I'm the only person I know that has a 3DS :sweat: )

Paranoid Doll
The Romantic Nerd

Old 04-05-2012, 04:05 AM

ooh cool! you have the fruit i don't yet! q u q

we should totally hook up and play together
some time~ it'd be super awesome to do!

i'll post my friend code and such tomorrow,
as i can't get on the wii without waking the
house right now~ lol > u <

but i played animal crossing on the ds and i
absolutely loved it ~<3 but my sister erased
my main account, which sucked all potatoes.
x A x i recovered though... then my bro broke
my ds. gah~

then i got it for the wii and dared anyone to
touch it without telling me first... everyone
actually listened and i've gotten uuber far~ <3
= u = it's so niiice~

but yeah! i'll post my friend code in the morrow~

Jethren
Void Elf
Send a message via Yahoo to Jethren

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM

I really only know the N64 version that well.
(Yes, it came out for N64. The Gamecube version was a port.)

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 AM

I am a dick to Blathers.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Eh, wot? :C

Though his fear of bugs is ridiculous.

Crickett
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM

I just bought this for Wii a couple of days ago, I'll post my friend code and stoof in a minute. Blathers is hilarious, Nook is the one who drives me bananas.

akayuay

Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM

animal crossing is amazing i love all of the games i think like city folks more cause you can go anywhere you want well shopping wish.it's very fun and amazing

Sakiko123
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 AM

I can't wait for the 3DS version to come out. I know it won't be for months, though. And I can wait that long. Besides, I have yet to get a 3DS to play it on... :P

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 AM

I have it for the DS, and got it quite some years ago now. I was rather addicted to it at the time. And growing trees...I had pear and orange trees everywhere it was possible :lol:

mochi-PANda
Teavu

Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 AM

I've been such a fan over the years that every time it "evolved" to a new system I'd buy the system just to play the updated game. I bought a Wii just for the Wii version game, which in truth I've ceased playing all systems save computer since a few years ago. I've always adored the Animal Crossing franchise (?), and every so often I boot up my old Gamecube for some nostalgia action.

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

I tried the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing and just couldn't get into it. It was fun but...boring. I got tired of running fetch quests for the lazy people in town, and besides fixing up your house I didn't see anything else to do. Plus, wasn't a fan of real time gaming. I have a life and back then I was in school so it wasn't always easy to play at a certain time just to find a store open.

MajorZeldaFreak
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to MajorZeldaFreak

Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM

I rarely go on animal crossing any more. Only in the holidays, since it is one now if I remember later I'll go on it and get my friend code.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 PM

I played Animal Crossing once. It was fun.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 PM

So my munchkins and I restarted our City Folk town for the summer to see how long it would take us to regain our former glory. If anyone is currently playing and wants to visit sometime, let me know. :3

Our native fruit is oranges, but I've managed to start some cherry and coconut trees. :boogie:

Would love to get my sticky little fingers on some other fruits. :ninja:

Gizensha
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2012, 02:12 AM

Only played the gamecube version of it, and it was certainly not a bad little thing even if it was slightly peculiar in it's approach: Casual game play, requiring a hardcore dedication to the game. Still, rather fun for what it is and I might look into the 3ds version when it comes out.