Angelic Rain
Angel

Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 AM

So I'm basically just gonna review Black and White 2 and then ask you what you guys thought of it.

First, let's start with the name. I wish they had picked something a little different, since when I look up questions online stuff for the original Black and White pop up, but otherwise, not too many complaints. It's just the name.

The graphics were much better, but I'm still waiting for the day they end up 3Dish and not just pixelated, like we saw in Pokémon Colosseum and PokéPark. That would be a lot more work, but it'd be such a huge improvement! I like the experimentation with some things, though, trying to start making it appear 3D like.

I did enjoy how it was a continuation of the originals. Bianca and Cheren had their own new roles, and your character from the original game was mentioned a few times. It brought a pang of nostalgia.

I love how they had Pokémon from previous gens in the wild! It was great not having to wait til after you beat the game. It definitely made up for the lack of gems in the gen 5 Pokémon.

Overall, I'd give the game a 9/10 so far. I haven't even beaten it yet. XD

So what are you guys' opinions of it, those that have the game? I dunno about you guys, but for me, once a Pokémon fan, always a Pokémon fan!

Sora
*^_^*

Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 AM

I must have missed something because I never knew they came out with a "Black 02" and "White 02". I don't even think I finished both Black and White. I'll put these games on my Christmas list and if I don't get them then, I'll buy them later.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM

Well, here's my review of the games. (I hope you finished it, but just in case I am not going to give away anything important). I got the walk through, but only cause I really wanted the limited edition book.
Pros: I love how the story has progressed, like you said you can see what old characters are doing, and they mention your old character from the originals a few times. I like all the new stuff to do and see. They could have easily just made it similar to the originals, but they went out of their way to create new gyms, places and upgrade the old ones. I like how you can find any gen pokemon in the wild, it especially made me love it because all my favourite pokemon (Riolu, Growlithe, Mareep) can be found in the wild in this game. I also like all the new places they have added, like the PokeStar studios and PWT. I like the memory links you can do with your old games and the badges are a nice addition. Finding Pokemon in "Grottoes" is an interesting add-on as well.
Cons: Man oh man did I find a lot wrong with this game early on. I found the battles very hard, just normal Youngsters were making my pokemon faint, which hasn't happened to me since Silver (The first Pokemon game I played). I found that EV training and level grinding was a huge part of this one, where us casual trainers had to really struggle to complete the story. Speaking of the story, as I said, I did enjoy parts of it. One thing I didn't like is how rushed the Team Plasma plot was. Instead of getting you involved in the story right from the start, like in the originals, you don't meet Team Plasma after the third gym if I recall. Even then, the end boss (not saying anymore, it is worth to see what happens) was kinda random and out of nowhere. If you have not played the first games, you won't get the ending at all. I also hated how hard it was to catch Pokemon. I have no idea what went wrong, but when you have to waste 20+ Ultra Balls on a level 26 Magby that's a sleep... Shit's just fucked up. I also found the Champion annoyingly over powered. Just like Lance, they just have a bunch of powerful evolved dragon-types. If you do not know any ice moves you are basically fucked. I also hate how I am currently finished the Elite Four for the first time, have level 60+ Pokemon and I am yet to catch the main legendaries (not the dogs or guys on clouds). Anyway, that's my two cents. I love Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, but personally I like the originals better. N is just too sexy to ignore.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 PM

I got Black 2, because Zekrom is my favourite Legendary. Then I just didn't think, seeing I had White, I should have gotten White 2 so I could complete the Unova Pokedex >.< Didn't think at all.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 AM

I just bought Pokemon Black the other day and I have to say I like it so far. I've beaten the first versions and I like the differences in the second, though I'm not very far. c: