Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 AM

All names, images, and trademarks are copyrighted by their respective companies.

SONY PLAYSTATION MEETING
Watch Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Live | Siliconera

IT ONLY DOES
LIVE.LONG.PLAY

PlayStation Community Hangout Thread
Discussing all PlayStation games, products, and more.

Welcome to Menewsha's PlayStation Discussion thread. I hope you'll be more than welcomed to discuss anything that is PlayStation with your fellow users. It can range from the classics of PS1-era to the PS3, greatest games on the PSP and PSVita, or just talk about the PSN games you've encountered during your gaming travels. Discuss your thoughts on these games and the hardware they run on. Who knows, you may find yourself a gamer buddy to play a long with in the future!

----------

Table of Contents
*Opening Post*
Rules
Releasing Soon/ Up Coming
Games of the Month Spotlight (PS3, PSV, PSN)
Reviews of the Month (PS3, PSV, PSN)
Get Connected (PSN Username)

More to come...

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

All great places have a bit of rules to follow by. No need to be alarmed. This is just a little something to follow when discussing all that is great with PlayStation.

Familiarize yourself with Menewsha's Terms of Service, Rules and Guidelines. There's simply too many to post here! Haha

I respect everyone's opinions on the quality of this generation's consoles, and I’ll be happy to discuss them, but I also feel that no system is truly superior and I hope everyone retains the same open mindedness. Please, no mindless fanboy statements. You're entitled to your opinion, but when it's not backed by some experience or reasoning, it's just plain ignorant. Post a fanboy rant and you will be warned.

I am here to establish a friendly community. That, of course, starts with building familiarity. There is one way that can go wrong, and that is randomly requesting friendship through PSN and Menewsha. Users may have their PSN IDs or other contact information displayed openly, whether on their profile, in their signature, or even in a post saying "add me." Developing a small friendship in this thread is key to getting your friend requests accepted. Also, do not simply post just your PSN ID. This does not promote discussion or tell us anything about you. Send random friend requests or post your PSN and nothing more, and you will be warned.

As previously mentioned, I am very open to the idea of playing games with fellow product owners. However, I will not condone game sharing, or the allowing of another to download a game they did not personally purchase off of our PSN profiles as well as sharing of other purchased downloadable media. This not only a bannable offense from the PSN but also very likely to be some sort of illegal. Requests for game sharing will be ignored and you will be warned. Also, to add, do not post any sort of software that allows your system to use hacked/pirated games. I will not allow that to be posted in my thread. You will be asked to remove it at once. Failure to do so, will automatically have your post deleted via a message from a Moderator and banned from my thread. You have been warned here.

Lastly, while not a tight leash with penalties attached, it is preferred that you refrain from using chat speak. Of course not everyone's a spelling bee ace but literacy is greatly appreciated.

----------

Table of Contents
Opening Post
*Rules*
More to come...

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Games of the Month for Decembe

PS3
[Assassin's Creed 3]

PSVita
[Ragnarok Odyssey]

PSN

Next time to update: Dec. 19, 2012
----------

Table of Contents
Opening Post
Rules
*Games of the Month Spotlight (PS3, PSV, PSN)*

More to come...

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

When creating a review, here are a few things to follow:
Name of the Game
Date of its Release
Full Detail that will be linked to the first page. Similar set up to GameFaqs.

Reviews of the Month

PS3
[Insert Review]

PSVita
[Insert Review]

PSN
[Insert Review]

----------

Table of Contents
Opening Post
Rules
*Reviews of the Month (PS3, PSV, PSN)*

More to come...

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 11:03 PM ----------

Get connected with all users who have a PSN. Granted, this is not the place to random friend on PSN. There are some who aren't interested right away, but after building a friendship, they would be. So, please don't take it to heart. Just wait a bit and go from there.

Now, if you want to be part of this, simply PM me the follow:

Menewsha Username:
PSN Username:

------------------------------------------------------------
Menewsha Username: Senpai
PSN Username: -

Menewsha Username:
Liztress
PSN Username: The_Liztress

Menewsha Username: Grumman_Goose
PSN Username: Grumman_F14

----------

Table of Contents
Opening Post
Rules
*Get Connected (PSN Username)
More to come...

---------- Post added 11-11-2012 at 11:08 PM ----------

More to come...
You have something you want to be added? Let me know! Feel free to PM me your suggestion. We can work together to make your suggestions possible!
----------

Table of Contents
Opening Post
Rules
*Get Connected (PSN Username)
More to come...

Last edited by Senpai; 04-08-2013 at 03:18 AM..

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 AM

The thread is officially open!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 AM

*steals the first post*

I'll have to share my PSN stuff later on. :)

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 AM

Nice.
What game are you looking forward that's coming out? If nothing, what are you playing now?

For me, I have to say it's Persona 4: Golden for the PSVita. I've played the original on PS2. And currently, Zone of the Enders. Such a good game!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM

If I still had my Vita, then definitely Persona 4 Golden. I'm a huge ATLUS and SMT fan. xD I've got the original PS2 one and played through that.

Right now, I'm playing Ragnarok Tactics for the PSP and will likely be playing some Borderlands 2 later. I want to play Zone of Enders but no money for it and my GameFly queue's already sent out the two games we pay for.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM

How come you sold away your Vita? Not many games to play on it?

How is Ragnarok Tactics? It's not in the UMD format, but download? You should take the opportunity to play Zone of the Enders HD Collection. It's a fantastic game series.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM

Needed the money. Next one I get, I'm not selling at all. And when I get this one, I'll at least know that there's more titles I'm interested in.

It's really good. Battles seem to be long and slow but if you like games like FF Tactics, you might like this. And it's in both so Vita owners can play it too. I'll have to. I put it on my queue so whenever we get the chance to mail one of the other games we got back, I might be able to rent it.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Ah, I thought that was the case. The sellback is still pretty high, at least to the GameStops near me.

I do like FFT, so I will check it out.

There are certianly some Vita games out now that I recommend: Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyssey, Uncharted: Golden Abyss (if you're into the Uncharted series) and a few PSN games that can be downloaded onto the Vita.

The following week is going to be rough for me because of Persona 4: Golden and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal! D:

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Same at the one we normally go to.

I think the genre of Tactics and all.

A few of those are on my list, lol. I'm also wanting Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. xD

I tried the beta for All Stars. :( I couldn't get into it at all.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM

I haven't tried the beta at all! To my knowledge, there wasn't a beta for Battle Royal in the US! I'm not entirely too happy with that, or mad, just... D:

From what I understand, it plays similar to Super Smash Bros..

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM

As far as I remember, it was available for those with PS Plus. I don't use it but the boyfriend does. So that was how I got it.

That's what I heard but that it is different from SSMB.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM

Oooh.... Play Station Plus, eh? OK, I can see that happening.

Hm... what games are you looking forward to play in the future?

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 AM

Yep. It's worth the price tag IMO. Cloud storage of just about all saved data in case your PS3 dies, free games and DLC each month, and not to mention the discounts and sales they have just for members.

There's a few. Off the top of my head, I would say Dead Island Riptide, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2, and Dragon's Crown. Also wanting to hear more about Persona 5. I know it's in the works but that is all that's been said. :(

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-13-2012, 11:51 PM

I can fully agree with you on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Dragoncrown. Since Atlus USA picked up that title, I know the translation will be very good. I don't like Ignition because of their crappy translations skills. It ruined LUXPAIN for me. >.>

As far as Persona 5 is concerned, there is work. Shighenori Soejima has already started working on concept art for the next installment, and it's "full-speed ahead" of development, according to some article I read.

I'll have to think about PS Plus. Cloud technology makes me nervous. I just don't think it's secure enough to prevent hacking. The other perks, they intrigue me. Haha.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 AM

I never played LUXPAIN. You know, I'm a fan of NIS America but lately, they've been publishing things that just haven't been appealing to me. Like Mugen Souls... Gameplay and all looks good. But I hear the humor is very lowbrow.

That's what I've hear too. And I think that with the Persona titles normally being released on Sony's consoles, there is hope they won't make the jump to Nintendo or Xbox. I'm a bit bummed out that SMT IV is coming for the 3DS. Don't own that system and while I want one (primarily for SMT IV and Animal Crossing), I'm not in a rush.

Can't fault you on that at all. I don't think things will ever be secure enough to prevent hackings though. If a hacker, or group of hackers, are motivated enough to hack into something, they will do so. Also, I read today that Plus members will be able to get like six free Vita games when Sony rolls the program out for the handheld.

Also, I sent a friend request on the PSN to you. I haven't been on my PS3 much lately since I'm playing Ragnarok Tactics. But I'm getting back into Borderlands 2 so I can be all ready for the new DLC whenever it comes out.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM

I'm a Playstation person! Although I haven't been on mine for a few weeks... and I need some new games... but oh well!

My PSN is Grumman_F14, it would be Grumman_Goose, but, my dad made my account while I was at school and he thought that Grumman_F14 sounded cooler *facepalm* anywho!... actually I don't know what to talk about :P :/

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
I never played LUXPAIN. You know, I'm a fan of NIS America but lately, they've been publishing things that just haven't been appealing to me. Like Mugen Souls... Gameplay and all looks good. But I hear the humor is very lowbrow.

That's what I've hear too. And I think that with the Persona titles normally being released on Sony's consoles, there is hope they won't make the jump to Nintendo or Xbox. I'm a bit bummed out that SMT IV is coming for the 3DS. Don't own that system and while I want one (primarily for SMT IV and Animal Crossing), I'm not in a rush.

Can't fault you on that at all. I don't think things will ever be secure enough to prevent hackings though. If a hacker, or group of hackers, are motivated enough to hack into something, they will do so. Also, I read today that Plus members will be able to get like six free Vita games when Sony rolls the program out for the handheld.

Also, I sent a friend request on the PSN to you. I haven't been on my PS3 much lately since I'm playing Ragnarok Tactics. But I'm getting back into Borderlands 2 so I can be all ready for the new DLC whenever it comes out.
I...don't know about NISA, anymore. Unless it's a Disgaea rehash, it isn't going to sell well. They're last few games haven't interested me in the least!

According to a few sources, Persona (assuming it's the first installment to the series) is being ported to the 3DS. I hope Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers will come over here! I honestly want to play the game so darn much! >.> I also hope Persona 2: Eternal Punishment comes over here, too. I have the original on PS1. But... I want it for my collection! >:

You are right on the hacking bit. The PS Plus feature for the Vita is very nice. I may jump on that, but I'll still have to think it over.

I've never played Borderlands, or Borderlands 2. I just can't play First Person Shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman_Goose View Post
I'm a Playstation person! Although I haven't been on mine for a few weeks... and I need some new games... but oh well!

My PSN is Grumman_F14, it would be Grumman_Goose, but, my dad made my account while I was at school and he thought that Grumman_F14 sounded cooler *facepalm* anywho!... actually I don't know what to talk about :P :/
It's nice to meet you! What kind of games do you normally play?

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM

Hello~
I'm new to the Ps3 console since I've mostly used Xbox, I recently bought the Ps3 Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. I've found out I'm not stealthy at all. I also bought Little big Planet 2, if you guys have any recommendations for great games that'd be pretty awesome. :3
I'm looking into buying Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, and Silent Hill.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluh View Post
Hello~
I'm new to the Ps3 console since I've mostly used Xbox, I recently bought the Ps3 Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. I've found out I'm not stealthy at all. I also bought Little big Planet 2, if you guys have any recommendations for great games that'd be pretty awesome. :3
I'm looking into buying Shadow of the Colossus, Heavy Rain, and Silent Hill.
I've heard really good reviews for Shadow of the Colossus. I suggest picking up the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus duo pack. I've played Heavy Rain... to me, it was alright. It's not my particular cup of tea. I've never played Silent Hill... I'm scared to play horror/survival games. >.<

What games do you like to play on the Xbox? With that information on hand, I can try to guess what games on the PS3 you may like to play.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 AM

I want to play AC3. xD

I can go by what games I've played... Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are good games. Basically, if there was a Xbox title you enjoyed and it's available for both consoles, then you could get those.

As far as exclusive titles, if you like RPGs/strategy RPGs, you can't go wrong with the Disgaea titles. 3D Dot Game Heroes is a good throwback to the Zelda titles from the NES days. The God of War series is pretty awesome too.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 AM

OH! Uncharted and inFAMOUS are really good, too. White Knight Chronicles is a decent game, too. I enjoyed playing it.

Resistance, from what I hear, is a solid series.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 AM

Yep, yep. All good titles!

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM

@Senpai

I normally play driving games like NFS orr Gran Turismo 5 , mainly GT5 but I do play other games such as Resistance 2 which I'm doing again scared out of my wits xD I need time get some new games but I don't know what to get :P

Last edited by Grumman_Goose; 11-17-2012 at 10:08 AM..

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
I...don't know about NISA, anymore. Unless it's a Disgaea rehash, it isn't going to sell well. They're last few games haven't interested me in the least!

According to a few sources, Persona (assuming it's the first installment to the series) is being ported to the 3DS. I hope Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers will come over here! I honestly want to play the game so darn much! >.> I also hope Persona 2: Eternal Punishment comes over here, too. I have the original on PS1. But... I want it for my collection! >:

You are right on the hacking bit. The PS Plus feature for the Vita is very nice. I may jump on that, but I'll still have to think it over.

I've never played Borderlands, or Borderlands 2. I just can't play First Person Shooters.
I totally missed this post. Dx

And yeah. I had bought Hyperdimension Neptunia when it came out as I thought it was interesting. Totally lost interest in the game within the first few hours of gameplay. Because of that, I avoided the sequel.

Oh, man... I'll have to get a 3DS then. I thought I had heard a rumor about Soul Hackers getting released on the PSn. But that's just wishful thinking. And I'd love for Eternal Punishment to come to the PSN. xD I got the original one too. Worth the $40 I paid.

And those are really the only shooting games I play. I think it's the fact that they are so funny with the dialogue. And they don't penalize you if you got bad aim, like I do.

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 AM

@ Senpai - Okay, thanks! I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to buy it. I was really interested in Shadow of the Colossus because of the Zelda type of feel. Me too, I'm a chicken when it comes to jump scares.
I mostly like to play RPGs like Eternal Sonata, or FPS games like Halo, COD, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island. My friend recommended getting Battlefield 3 but I'm still not sure about getting it.

@ Liztress - It's really good, the graphics are amazing for AC3. You just have to channel your inner ninja to play it.
I do have a thing for RPGs, I'll check those games out for sure.

I mostly got a ps3 for the cute anime style games, xbox really lacks them.