sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-17-2015, 09:56 PM

The two watch their engineer and strange newcomer talking in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Although seeming such a straight-laced person, Issa's view on morality is strangely ambiguous at times and she does not seem to be out to get everyone that has strayed away from the law. But she also cannot understand the struggle of having friends walking down a path that disappoints you. And as for Nathan? He knows there will always be law breakers and these friends of Radelle's will start to concern him only when they endanger her. He, too, does not know how to comfort her when her face falls thinking about them, realizes it is not his place to do so.

When Galerow walks out, Tasi cheers up, most likely from his last words. At her suggestion, Issa tilts her head to side ever so slightly. "That is not up to me and we have managed well so far without him," she reminds and had she been anyone else, Roscoe would think Boss feels insulted that their engineer thinks they need another person in their crew. But it's Boss, she doesn't feel insulted. While he... He frowns slightly at the hint about 'test', but tells himself it's none of his business. At this, their little gathering fall apart, each going about their duties again.

When Galerow addresses him, Nathan turns unwavering stare towards the blue haired man. There's a flicker of... Something akin to understanding in his eyes. He knows pain and loss, even though of different kind, knows the blind rage it lights inside you, never to go out, especially if you can never even attempt to close the chapter of this loss. "As long as you don't put my teammates in danger," is all he says, though. Apparently that serves as accepting the apology and taking the doctor into their fold, as much as Roscoe can, given the circumstances. Does he trust Androw? No. Trust takes sweat, blood and most importantly time to build.

With this, they move into the crowd, but their journey comes to a sudden stop when a woman approaches them. The two listen carefully, expressions unchanging and when Androw turns to ask her for a decision, she does not respond immediately. Instead, young woman kneels down so she and the child are on the same eye level. The gazes meet and spark of curiosity glints in his. "Hello, my name is Issa, what is yours?" she asks as seriously as she would an adult.

"Hello... I am Bryan. You have strange, pretty eyes, Issa," the boy tells her, with that honesty and wonder only children can have and not even of all the races. "Thank you," she replies, soft waves of his consciousness washing over her. At first, it was not her intention to read them, but not even the tired, broken body can break the active mind of child that acts much like a signal tower to her. And so the images flash somewhere behind her eyes and at the same time in the depth of her mind.

There are emotions she cannot understand, fear, pain, bits of happiness, exhaustion... But as fascinating as they are, the faces interest her far more. For this child has seen people that might be playing very important role in various cases. The mother is much harder to read, her mind full of only her need to convince Androw to help her son, so these flashes from his mind is all she can rely on. However, taking calculated risks are a natural part of her work, so she stands up again and turns to Galerow.

"You should do it and you will not lose your licence if you do," she tells the possible savior. "However, his grandfather must be quite old, would such organ benefit the child? I could have an emergency transplant be arranged for him, if it would be more beneficial," she asks. If Androw says that this is their only chance and the boy has no time left, she turns to the mother and tells her firmly: "I will need to see the boy's grandfather before I approve anything."

"Boss," Nathan says, with slightest frown. Although there is definitely an altruistic streak in the sath, she rarely does something she sees no purpose of. Could merely saving a life be one in this case, or there is something more? "I know what I am doing," she assures him in same monotonous tone, but he doesn't need to hear anything else. After short consideration, the mother agrees and leads the way, now carrying the child who is too tired to walk. The crowd parts, giving them space.

Should they go to the family's home, Issa talks with grandfather for only short while, basically asking if he gives his full consent for this act and if so, asking to sign something on her data pad. In this case, she would ask Androw what he would need to perform the operation here and now.

If Androw says they have enough time for another transplant, she gathers needed information no one knows what magic she pulls over a few calls she takes, stepping away from the crowd, but in an half hour she comes back, telling that an appropriate transplant and blood packages will be arriving in four to six hours.

Last edited by sadrain; 12-28-2015 at 04:11 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-28-2015, 09:15 PM

Her comment came as a shock to him. He honestly did not expect the woman to allow such actions, especially ones considered illegal. Did she see something more in the boy?

His eyes shifted back to the boy. What mysteries did those dead eyes hold? Did he know something about the ones they sought? Odds were, he could. Children were often overlooked, especially those on the verge of death. If the ones they sought did come here, the boy might have been drawn to them. As death already nips at his nose, he would see no reason not to eavesdrop or listen in on shady deals. He would likely do all he could to help his mother out. She was piss-pour. Her son was likely bred (yes, bred) to work as a slaver. To more or less put food on the table.

She hit the jackpot, he chided internally.

"How fast could you get a heart?" His eyes jumped from the boy and past Issa to land on Nathan. Androw found Nathan's concern disarming. Was she usually not so quick to go against the code? Nathan's single word really made him wonder what Issa saw in this boy, or perhaps his family.

Gliding his orbs back to Issa, he followed the woman to the grandfather's home.

As expected, the man was elderly. His heart, like Issa suspected, would hardly be enough to save the boy's life. And to do a transplant and a transfusion to then cut him open 6-hours later... it was risky.

"I have the medical supplies I need on-board. The black duffle bag and the black briefcase are my medical tools." He looked to Nathan, hoping he would get the cue to fetch the items. Only, before he let Nathan run off, assuming he would, he spoke again.

"And I'll need a sterile environment. Metal table would be best. Could use a cot or mattress but contamination is more likely. Metal is easier to clean; no burning necessary." His eyes jumped on the woman. "I'll need bleach. A lot of it. Don't have it, I'll take alcohol instead. I need something to keep toxins out of his system. Also-"

Androw bent at the hips. His right hand burrowed into his boot. There, in a small, hidden zipper, he pulled forth a slender, cylindrical tube. No, not tube. Syringe?

Like lightning, the tube moved to his lips. Seconds later, his teeth nipped at the tip and broke it lose. Then, before anyone could question his ethics, he spun around on his toes to plunge the cyan-colored contents into the neck of the child.

"Have about an hour to prep him. Would be faster if I had help, but no one here has proper training so I'll have to work alone. For now. When it's time to operate, I'll need whoever has the strongest constitution. Whoever is the weakest gets to entertain the mother. The other will fill a service role, passing items exactly as requested and in proper orientation. No medical expertise needed. Just need eyes and the ability to read up from down. Common sense would be nice."

As the boy collapsed, Androw caught him. As the kid hardly weighed anything, Androw had no issue hoisting him onto a bed while he awaited his operating location.

"If no room is suitable on planet, recommend med-bay on ship. Looks clean. Lighting is excellent too."

As he barked out commands, he watched as hope filled the mother's eyes. "No guarantee this will work." He jumped over to Issa. "If the heart can get here in 4-hours, I can make it work. Six is pushing it." His gaze now fell on the grandfather.

"Are you certain you want to do this?"

He nodded but then pointed to the needle that still clung to the boy's neck.

"Ah, yes. Cyroilizer. Top notch sedative that preserves the boy perfectly. It freezes the insides and prevents decay. Lasts about an hour."

"Why not give him more to buy you the extra two hours?" The mother seemed frustrated as she spoke.

"If he, Bryan, received a 0.5 mL more, it will kill him. When I operate, I will flip to a less lethal sedative. One that will merely keep him asleep, instead of completely freezing him. Cryogenics is risky. I'm the leading expert on it so trust me when I say I know what I'm doing."

As her eyes widened that this new information, the woman's temper faded. "My apologizes. I trust your decisions. You've already done more than I could have asked for." Her hand fell into the boy's hair before eyeing the needle, again.

Not wanting to tempt fate, Androw retrieved his needle. Snapping the tip off, only the tube of vibrant cyan liquid remained. "Will need to apply the new needle and cap when this is done," he reminded himself.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-30-2015, 02:33 PM

Much to Androw's luck, one of the classier establishments on the planet decided to extend an invitation to the famous doctor to perform the surgery in his quarters. He planned to do it on the ship but much preferred the larger, open room he was presented with. Not to mention, there were hookups all over the floor and walls, should things get crazy and require some extreme operating procedures.

The facility, though not a med-bay, was exquisite. The walls were a soft white color with a cool marble floor with flecks of maroon and gold throughout. Lining the walls were sterile cabins of silver with matching marble tops. There, sprawled out in the center of the room, a long, metal table. The wheels were locked and, based on the excessive amount of holes and hooks in the floor, Androw assumed the room was used for torture. After all, one look at the kind host told Androw the man he was dealing with was likely a mafia thug. Had time not been of the essence, he would have rejected the offer. Unfortunately, such wasn't doable and he had to admit defeat.

"Your kindness is appreciated," he said while shaking the man's hands. They were cold and mangled with scars. There were calluses all over them too.

Inadvertently, Androw's eyes trailed up the man's arms. There was a thick watch--expensive and top-notch. There were also the faintest traces of bleached out blood on his white cuffs.

Not wanting to alarm the man by the name of Doug Phyolan, Androw carelessly rolled his away to let them fall on his patient.

"Though I must kindly ask for you to leave. Also," his nostrils fairly lightly, "would you happen to have bleach stowed away in this room? I would like to ensure the surfaces are clean."

Phyolan nodded before stiffly walking toward a cupboard. "It's in here," he said with a rich accent.

Of course it was, Androw mused within. The scent of bleach was heavy here. Likely to cover up the grotesque scent of blood. Oh what secrets did this room hold! Androw wanted to find them out but, sadly, he had a more pressing task at hand. Perhaps another time?

As the man with the blood on his sleeves left the room, another entered. He had no need to look to see what entered. From the scuffing that followed the click of stepping, Androw knew a woman had entered. She seemed to be snaking her way toward him, for each time she moved, the nails-on-a-chalkboard sound grew louder. Not to mention, her whorish scent became more and more unbearable.

Really, he chided internally. Was this truly his cruel fate? To be sought out by all women? Were fame and money all that drove these poor, individual souls?

Her nails danced across his back. A second later, a pair of lips were nipping at his ears. Soon, her voice called out to him.

Honestly, it was worse than the heels dragging across the marble sound.

"Sugar," her rear moved onto the counter top before him. "How about we work the nervous out of your system before you begin." Her nails, long and cat-like, fiddled with his blue fringe. "I could show you a real good time."

Finally engaging her eyes, Androw caught her hand inch toward his wallet. Was she really trying to steal from him right now?

Most would react by seizing her hand. But Androw? Heh, he had more tact than that.

Stepping away, he gingerly rose his hands into the air. "Afraid I don't know what you mean when you say nerves." With a quick glance over his shoulder, he caught her frown. "I've been doing this longer than you've been a virgin." A coy smirk tugged at his lips. "And, quite frankly, I would rather inject myself with a known STD than take that risk with you."

Tact.

Her snort came before the sound of her heels clicking feverishly across the floor. Next came the hallow swack of an open palm over a cheek.

"The nerve," she huffed before exiting the room like it was no body's business.

Cheek aglow from the slap, he shook his head just in time to catch Tasi cock a brow.

"How did you know she was a whore?"

"That dress was all she wore, hun."
His orbs locked with hers. A smirk followed.

Tasi, bewitched by whatever magic Androw seemed to have, leaned into him. "But how?"

"Smell, my love. Smell." He tapped his nose lightly before moving back toward the ice-cold body of the boy.

"How are things looking,"
he spoke nonchalantly to Issa and Nathan. Tasi's task was simple, clean the room. She had only just begun but was making quick work of it. When done, she would leave and entertain the mother. There was no need to keep a mother pacing outside the door. If anything, she would piss Androw off--and he couldn't have that!

Nathan's task was equally easy. He had to sterilize all his tools and lay them out on the two carts Phyolan provided. Androw explained which tools went wear so Nathan didn't need to know more about them. Androw was also kind enough to give Nathan a quick rundown, namely because Nathan would be his aid for most of this. He would be the tool runner. He was also to keep eye of the monitors and alert Androw to any dips or drops in numbers or charts.

Now Issa, she received probably the hardest of jobs. She was literally going to be the one to hold the tools that would hold the chest cavity open. It required the utmost patience and rigor for one move or twitch could cause the whole ordeal to be undone. It wasn't that he didn't trust Nathan with this. No, that was hardly it. He honestly just wanted Nathan to be at his hip for if the boy stopped breathing, Nathan would have to run the crash cart over to him. And, as it wasn't a medical, standard issue one, it weighed nearly a ton.

The three of them were donned from head to toe in white. Well, almost. Androw's outfit did have hints of cyan in it. His hair cap the same color as his hair, as well as the bright cyan gloves that clung to his fingers.

"Thank you," he nodded to Tasi as she stepped out of the room.

"Nathan," he tugged up his mask, "would you mind getting the grandfather. I put him in the room next door."

With Nathan gone for a moment, Androw turned his attention to the boy. He still still unconscious but would begin to awaken if the anesthetic wasn't applied.

He circled around the table, lightly--and accidentally--brushing his hand on Issa's thigh. Honestly, he had no idea he had done it but, Tasi and the mother, were all a jitter in the hallway. There was a window they had opened to witness the event. Granted, with the simple flipping of a switch, the 2-way mirror could become a one-way mirror.

"So are those two," the mother began, "together?"

"I don't think so." Her brows knit together. "They only just met. Though," she plopped her chin on her palm, "I do like this thought."

As Nathan walked by, both girls zipped their lips. When he vanished, they returned to their romantic chats.

"What about him?"

"What about him?" Tasi asked with a question.

"I'm just saying," the mother began, "he is quite handsome. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a stripper."

Her cheeks burned a bright red. "A-a-a... yeah." Pulling her hair over her ears, she adverted her gaze. "I'm sure he would look dreamy with his shirt off."

"Girlfriend," the mother began, "he would look dreamy with his pants off."

Could her face get any redder, Tasi wasn't sure. The ideas were just swimming in her head. Although the mother likely thought it was over Nathan, it was in fact over this whole idea of Issa and Androw.

Swooning at the idea of star-crossed lovers (suspect turned lover), Tasi nearly melted. As much as she wanted to ruffle the sheets with Androw, she decided her efforts would now have to be toward putting Issa and Androw together. They were perfect for each other. Perfectly imperfect.

Smile on her face, she turned her attention back to the mother.

"Ah yes, Nathan is very handsome." She smoothed out her excitement about the new Androw/Issa 'ship' she had crafted. "You should see him carry a gun. Ommpff! Dem arms."

The mother was now trying to picture Nathan's arms at work. With a faint gasp, she nodded. "Yes, I can just imagine how buff that boy is."

"Buff," Tasi rolled her eyes with making a buzzing noise, "he's not buff. He's the real deal. All meaty muscle underneath that stoic stare."

"Oh," the mother's lip rolled. "Is his personality dry?"

"Hardly," she smiled sweetly. "He's a gem. Always helping carry the heavy stuff. He also holds doors open for me. He's a sweetheart through and through."

"Think a woman like me has a chance with a man like him?"

Tasi blinked. "I'm not sure. I... I don't actually know his type. I honestly thought he and Issa would be a thing. They're always together. But," she pressed her lips together, "I don't know. They have a very boss-obedient soldier kind of rhythm. Not sure I could see them sharing kisses beneath the stars."

"Good." Her comment was curt and came out of nowhere. At it, Tasi's brows hiked up. "That lovely woman in there needs a man who isn't going to be bossed around. Someone who doesn't see her as a superior, but as a woman worth loving. I'm sure he would die for her, but it would be a dry, pointless death. That woman needs a man who would, time and time again, do something reckless just to show her he cares. Someone who will just grab her face and force her into a kiss."

"Sounds steamy," Tasi said with a sparkle in her eyes. "But do men like that exist?"

"You saw how the handsome doctor put that whore in her place."

"And I think I'm done listening to the soap opera outside," Androw said while pinching his nose. "Don't worry, Captain, I won't be forcing you into a kiss. Done that love thing. Didn't work out well for my last one."

Engaging a button, the speaker shut off and the ideal chatter from the women outside no longer echoed throughout the room.

"Now," he gingerly finished hooking up the breathing apparatus on the grandfather, "without further interruptions, let's begin."

With IV, catheter, and anesthetics in place, Androw cracks his knuckles. He quickly picks up some antiseptic pads and brings to rub over the chest cavity of the boy. He then does the same over the grandfather.

Pulling out a black marker, he draws several lies from the Adam's apple down to just above the navel. Although he's done the surgery a few times, he always marks out his cutting area just to be certain he doesn't mess anything up.

He signals to Nathan to close the mirror as things are about to get bloody.

Glancing at a clock, he squints his eyes. 2.5-hours. He looks over at the grandfather then back at the boy. What were the odds the heart would arrive in under 3-hours?

With the mask covering his facial expressions, he frowns. This isn't ideal. If he stalls out the procedure and the heart doesn't arrive, the boy will die. If he does the procedure, killing the grandfather, and the heart does arrive, he just murdered a man for no reason.

Oh who was he kidding. The process of dividing the sternum, shoving in the tubes, and diverting his blood into a cardiopulmonary bypass machine would take up a good chunk of time.

Still.

"I'll prepare the boy first. With any luck, I won't need to cut the grandfather open." He rolled his sleeves up and began to lean over the boy.

"Hey, Bryan," his gloved hands gently caressed the boy's little face. "My name is Androw and I'll be with you the whole time. If you get scared, just push the button in your hands. My friends, Nathan and Issa, will help take good care of you."

Although the boy was out cold, his body seemed to relax. Although unable to speak, the boy could still hear (to an extent) what was happening. He could also feel Androw's soft gloves, which seemed to lower his heart rate.

Smiling beneath the mask, his gaze rolled over to Nathan. "I'm going to need--"

The procedure went smoothly. Although he didn't have an anesthesiologist, Nathan did a divine job keep tabs on the monitor. Whenever he saw a spike or noticed the numbers changed, he would alert Androw who would, in turn, correct the matter.

After making the incision on the boy's chest, he divided the breastbone in half with his operating instrument. With the bone divided, the heart became visible.

Next came the series of tubes, each inserted into the chest so that he could pump the blood through a cardiopulmonary bypass. Essentially a heart-lung machine. Once the blood had been rerouted down the new path, he would begin to cut out the old, damaged heart.

Much to Androw's pleasure, the transplant arrived in the nick of time, allowing him to keep the grandfather alive.

Sweat marred his brows, but he gingerly took the box. The transporter nearly fainted at the bloody mess in the room, but Tasi came in to aid. Granted, she too wasn't overly fond of what she saw. Still, she was able to escort the man out and return to the mother.

"Good news," she wore a warm smile, "the heart arrived in time so your father won't be in heaven tonight."

With the new heart now in his possession, Androw let out a deep sigh. This was followed by the tactful work of sewing in the new heart. Heart in its proper place, he began to reconnect the vessels.

Turning to the bypass machine, he removed the tubes. Shocking the heart will small paddles, he reset the heartbeat and brought back the natural flow of blood through the boy's body.

It took a few shocks but the heart did eventually catch its beat. When it began to pitter-patter, Androw observed it. He assessed the function and made certain there were no leaks.

Rejoining the sternum, he used small wires to keep it sewn together. He then make quick work of the skin, sewing it back up so that the incision was no longer a gaping hole. The surgical staples came into use here.

More tubes were used to drain blood and other fluids away from the heart. These were just temportary until all was well. Dressing were further applied.

And then, finally, Androw stepped away.

Exhaustion in his eyes, he looked over to Issa then to Nathan. "Can you take the grandfather into another room. The boy, Nathan, bring him into the recovery room that I setup down the hall. We'll need to put this tent over him to keep debris off him."

Needing to be in two places at once wasn't ideal. Turning to Issa, who was on her way out, he shouted before moving to her. "He'll be waking up. Stay with him? I'll remain with the boy."

Stepping back, he unlatched the lockers from the table's wheels. "Good to go. I'll catch up in a few."

Peeling the mask from his face, he yanked off the gloves and tossed them in the trash. Next came the gown, which flew off faster than the gloves and mask. Hair net last, he left the room.

"He'll be in recovery for a bit while I sort out the ICU situation. I'll need the boy's full information so please come with me."

"Can't believe you managed to pull off the impossible," Dr. Chaklynn said before extending a hand. "Guess your reputation is as impeccable as they say."

"If anything, Captain Serthumon needs the thanks. She was able to make the last minute calls to find me a heart."

"Finding and getting a heart is one thing. Saving a boy's life, solo, is another." He ran a hand through his vibrant military-cut hair. His stern, narrow orange orbs seemed to relax some as he spoke kindly to the other doctor.

"I had a team. A solid one at that. Serthumon, Roscoe, and Radelle all knew their roles and did what was necessary."

"I wish I could have aided you but--"

"It's completely understandable. You had your hands tied." Leaning in, he whispered, "And we need the boy alive. I'm afraid he's a witness for our case."

"I presumed as much. I will keep him under lock-down. No visitors."

"Appreciate it."

"When he wakes up, I'll be sure to signal for you right away."

Another firm handshake followed. Now free of his duties, the cyan-haired man moved over to Issa.

"Dr. Chaklynn is a respectable man. We've nothing to worry about. When the boy wakes, we'll be the first to know. Until then, we should continue on with the case."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-30-2015 at 05:03 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 04-03-2016, 04:53 PM

The group falls into the new line of events with surprising ease, as if preparing for a difficult operation is something they do every day. Issa, and therefor Nathan too, do not question the surgeon's orders - except once.

"Must we accept this criminal's help?" the woman asks him, with said host barely out of earshot. For she has seen the blood stained cuffs as well and it only takes a moment for her to get the gist what is this room's real purpose. But as the larger space and equipment (once its mechanical lifetime help saving lives, instead of turning them into living hell) is much needed, she concedes.

Not that they have much time to discuss anything, with precious seconds slipping away from the boy and various interruptions entering. Nathan is a step away from silently escorting the brazen woman out of the room, but Androw obviously can handle it himself. Inwardly, the large man smirks slightly, about the straightforward approach doctor took and Issa mentally notes the event as well.

She guesses that his response was 'rude' by human standards, but she finds it only appropriately direct so not to waste any more time in rejecting her advances politely. And the woman does notice the accidental touch, but pays it little mind - though touching is not common in sath culture, she knows that respecting one another's personal space can be quite impossible in situations like these. If she was not able to endure it, she would never be able to work off her planet. And Radelle's presence on the ship has helped her accept physical touching more, too, for the purple haired woman is fond of hugging and grabbing her hand.

So, she continues preparations, noticing small tasks even without having been told about them, but although her hands are busy, she can still pay attention to gossiping beyond the doors. Should she be more expressive, red eyebrows would scrunch together in confusion. What is this 'together' the two women were talking about? As the conversation shifts and develops, it gets more and more confusing and at any other time, she would make sure to go and question the mother and her teammate, to get to the bottom of these matters.

Somehow, the talk seemed to 'annoy' Androw, though, and at his comment, she only tilts head sideways slightly. "I do not know why they were discussing dopamine, seratonin and oxytocin induced physical human reproduction foreplay regarding any of us, but I would suggest you pay them no mind. Radelle has what you would call 'wild imagination'."

Meanwhile Nathan... Well, his face betrayed nothing, of course, but inwardly he wishes he could just go out there and cut all of this nonsense at the very beginning. Nastasi was known to be get crazily obsessed about things and especially anything that regarded impossible romances. For that reason, they have to watch elven Sun priestess and half-drow, along with their mismatched group, go through challenges in love and war, each Saturday.

He can only forsee disaster if Radelle would try to set up Androw and Boss. What's more, she is encouraging the boy's mother to set her eyes on him. And although he wouldn't mind a woman with a child, should one catch his eyes and heart, this particular one doesn't stir any interest in him, though he did value her insistence on saving Bryan. Hopefully, Tasi had learned her lesson the first time and would not try to get him drunk to learn 'what his type was'. That plan had backfired on her painfully, back when she first joined their crew, with her getting wasted and spilling quite a few details about herself. Issa never learned about this incident and it was probably better that way.

Though it was slightly.... pleasing to think Radelle did look at him sometime and see him as a man. Though, he would rather not hear her discuss him like a slab of meat up for sale. And who is to say he's not able of spontaneous actions? But he immediately banishes the thoughts even before they are done running through his mind. Not only it was a pointless thought, they also have a job to do.

The operation had passed smoothly. Perhaps more than any of them had expected. Once again, Nathan had to admire the calmness Boss possessed - she had stood absolutely still, to the point you had to watch her carefully to see her breathing, except for her eyes that actively followed each move Androw made. And he? He was already partially familiar with the instruments and the gore was not new to him. At least this time they were saving lives, instead of taking them. At the end of it all, he had gained a certain respect for the human doctor. In his field, he truly was superbly skilled and it seemed more likely now that he had indeed saved many lives, as his records suggested.

After operation, they all split to their assigned duties. He listens to the exchange between Dr. Chaklynn and Gilus, not adding that there were already more law enforcers on their way to guard the boy. Boss would tell that later, if she found it important to share. Nathan's eyes linger on the boy, surprisingly gentle for a moment. Whatever comes next would not be easy, but at least there was a chance, a hope that it would be easier than what was behind him. They had given it to him. Unfortunately, they might have lost an important lead for that. Yet, he trusts Issa's judgement about worth of whatever Bryan knew.

When Androw approaches her, Issa is sitting at the grandfather's bedside. The man had come to it just moments before and she had explained that the operation had proceeded smoothly and he would live to see his grandchild recover. There are quiet tears running down the elder's face and she looks at him with soft fascination, thinking about the chemical cause of tears, particularly happy tears, and trying to picture how it felt to be this overjoyed and also attached to someone - and your own life.

"Agreed. I will tell the mother she can come in," she responds to the doctor immediately, standing up in a fluid motion. And so, the group is off to the next part of their mission short while later.

It is decided Radelle would stay on ship and 'hover' nearby, in case they needed backup and as such, only three arrived to meet up with Androw's informant. Roscoe steps back again, towering behind his Boss, just as he had yesterday's morning when they came to the crime scene. It is obvious the team had their own rhythm and pattern, worked down to perfection. Now it was time to see if Gilus could fit in this system, though, none of them really expect it to be permanent change.

They are off to a rocky start, with Shadow Broker reminding Androw that he had said he'd be alone. Issa watches the argument go on for a short while, before interrupting. She states very plainly that if the informant is afraid of Gilus so much, but wants to see him gone, would it not make more sense to have a team go after him, not a single doctor? "It is in all of our interests that you tell us what you know," the woman tells him and after a bit more grumbling, the male gives in.

It is not surprising the informant is scared - the hideout is on the edge of the city and, apparently, is visited often enough to strike fear in many shadier dealers as well as honest folk. The trio heads there, discussing best strategies for encounter (all the non-lethal approaches, because it is important to get Gilus and his crew alive).

The warehouse is worn down, though Issa suspects it is a disguise in itself. For one, the only visible entrance has not been used for years, as she points out by the way boxes stacked in front of it have been worn down by weather, yet if they move some, a fresher paint is revealed, showing that the stack hasn't been touched and moved for long time. So, they move onto searching a new entrance which is found soon enough. Yet, as expected, is is not so easily bypassed.

"Roscoe?" she inquires, looking at the exquisite lock. "On it," is his simple response, kneeling down and starting to work his technological magic. The panel comes off surprisingly easy, the wires and chips telling their story to his perceptive gaze. Radelle may be skilled in cracking coding, but when it comes to hardware, he's good too. It takes maybe 5 minutes standard time for the doors to slide open with a soft hiss and he slips in first, scouting the area, followed closely by Issa.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 04-04-2016 at 03:54 AM..