Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 PM

I looove the idea of them so far! the shading needs to be refined, but you know that :) I can't wait to see what you come up with :D

Someone should make a football jersey - since it's football season :P XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 PM

it would be black and yellow if i did it.. just saying... >.>

M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
They are separate items in my art thingy... if i saved it o.o Oh crap. i hope i saved it!!!!

but I was having an issue with the art program. So figured I'd post the idea I had, and than just re-do them in paint. >.< I'm actually going to do that now. And I'd love some advice when I actually finish a remake.
I'm planning to make like... the point part of the pencil for a hat as well.
Earrings is an awesome idea though!
Oh @ . @;; I hope you didn't lose it.
I know how that feels.

I'm sorry you're having that issue! I would love to help, if you want.
Ooo, you mean like a pencil head hat? XD That would be so interesting!

Yes!!! You can never go wrong with earrings!

@ Maria; You're a football fanatic?
Speaking of that, though! Victoria Secret has made Football apparel now loololl

They've made t-shirts, polos (I think?), sleeping bottoms and hoodies.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM

i think i look adorable in oversized jerseys. :3

than again.. i love wearing all kinds of oversized shirts... like hoodies :D

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Oh @ . @;; I hope you didn't lose it.
I know how that feels.

I'm sorry you're having that issue! I would love to help, if you want.
Ooo, you mean like a pencil head hat? XD That would be so interesting!

Yes!!! You can never go wrong with earrings!

@ Maria; You're a football fanatic?
Speaking of that, though! Victoria Secret has made Football apparel now loololl

They've made t-shirts, polos (I think?), sleeping bottoms and hoodies.
Oh YES! I am such a huge football person XD The Philadelphia Eagles are my team and I am SO happy football season is back :P

If the victoria's secret stuff wasn't so expensive, I would get some! Their eagles stuff is so cute!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 PM

that would be interesting. i doubt its allowed... i could do jerseys.. and recolor them in the different team colors.

Attempt one on the jerseys...

Last edited by Shadami; 09-13-2013 at 12:15 AM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM

Wala! That football... you mean american football, rugby type... right?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM

its not like rugby >.<
but yes that football.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 09-13-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Oh YES! I am such a huge football person XD The Philadelphia Eagles are my team and I am SO happy football season is back :P

If the victoria's secret stuff wasn't so expensive, I would get some! Their eagles stuff is so cute!
YEA EAGLES! ;D
Not that I'm a football fan, but if I had a team it would be them. Haha. My whole family loves the Eagles. :3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 PM

I'm a steelers fan :3 go PA! haha

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM

As a outsider, I felt that American football is closer to rugby than to soccer.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 02:36 AM

oh comparing it between those two! yes yes it is. xD
i .. honestly can't remember why its called football. cause it has nothing to do with feet... maybe something about the original pigskin ball?

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
that would be interesting. i doubt its allowed... i could do jerseys.. and recolor them in the different team colors.

Attempt one on the jerseys...
AH! These are cute! :D

One thing you have to weary of is that black, yellow, and white are the Pittsburgh Steelers' colors. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw these. So, to be on the safe side, I'd look up the colors of football teams, at least the NFL, and avoid them. ;)

Maybe base the colors off this? The navy, turquoise, (possibly yellow) and white.
School spirit, right?! :D

The shape could use a little work...mostly in the shoulders. Possibly aim for a shape more like these?
Not so bulky in the shoulders and a more natural/organic feel around the waist. Just a little bit of rounding straight lines at the waist and cutting down the shoulders of the shirt to match the shoulders of the avatar, if you know what I mean?

The only other thing I could say is making the numbers on the front of the jersey 2 pixels wide. And possibly eliminating the numbers on the sleeves...they're a little hard to read.

I think you're doing better than you give yourself credit for. I like these a lot and think they would awesome!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 PM

I actually like the bulkiness of the shirts because they look like they have the shoulder pads on underneath!

These are super cute!

Neller - she did the black/yellow/white on purpose because she's a steelers fan :P

But a football jersey in mene colors would be awesome :D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 09-15-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I actually like the bulkiness of the shirts because they look like they have the shoulder pads on underneath!

These are super cute!

Neller - she did the black/yellow/white on purpose because she's a steelers fan :P

But a football jersey in mene colors would be awesome :D
I thought maybe that's why the shoulders were bulky...and I thought maybe that's why the colors were the Steeler's colors. I was just trying to steer her clear of any issues...like possible cosplay items, or the site needing permissions to do sport team items. :3

And if they shoulders are bulky for shoulder pads, possibly shape them a bit more like pads? This seems like it'd be a good picture for reference. :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
I thought maybe that's why the shoulders were bulky...and I thought maybe that's why the colors were the Steeler's colors. I was just trying to steer her clear of any issues...like possible cosplay items, or the site needing permissions to do sport team items. :3

And if they shoulders are bulky for shoulder pads, possibly shape them a bit more like pads? This seems like it'd be a good picture for reference. :)
As much as i would like me some Eagles colored mene jerseys - I can tell you...the NFL takes their copyright stuff seriously! XD When I was in college and working for housing, people would ALWAYS suggest a superbowl party in February. But we were NOT allowed to use the term "superbowl" "nfl" or any of the team names because of the copy right stuff. They would sue the college if you did!! And they've done it before (not to my college but a different one...) XD

Anyway - so yeah, I agree! :P

But Mene colored/themed jerseys would be AWESOME :D

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-15-2013, 01:29 PM

They may copyright the term superbowl... but I don't think they have the right to abbreviation? NFL can be No Fun Losers.
As for colours... man. There are just this many colours in our spectrum, there are more than hundreds of whatever sort team, I am sure many colours combination had been used.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
They may copyright the term superbowl... but I don't think they have the right to abbreviation? NFL can be No Fun Losers.
As for colours... man. There are just this many colours in our spectrum, there are more than hundreds of whatever sort team, I am sure many colours combination had been used.

You can own the rights to abbreviations!
I hate how Kutztown was talked about back then, but we had issues with Kansas Univeristy over the rights of "KU." Basically what happened was Kutztown's logo was copied by Kansas University. But the fight became about the letters "KU" rather than the logo.

Kutztown on left in maroon, Kansas on right in blue

Clash of the logos rages on
Kansas University, Kutztown close to agreement on "KU" ownership

Last edited by neller; 09-15-2013 at 02:39 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Sometimes, the law is such a joke.
Why spend money to fight on things like that?
Does that copyright only for within US?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM

oh my gosh... >.< explosion in my thread when i wasn't looking.

You guys really think they're pretty good already? And honestly. I went with steelers colors on purpose. I did not think there would be a problem with the copyright.. Oops... And I was going to recolor it in the other team colors to. I'm horrible.

The bulky was meant to be a shoulder pad. And I tried to use real pictures as reference. Clothing is not my strong point, I'm still trying to learn shading for folds and everything. I've slowly been approving.

I went with 7 because Mene is about to turn 7 if i remember correctly.
One stripe because than its not REALLY directly copying any specific jerseys.
And i put an M cause its the menewsha jerseys. :3

I'll see what i can do with all the advice once i clean my desk. >.< I hope i can figure it out.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 PM

good luck, Shadami!

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
oh my gosh... >.< explosion in my thread when i wasn't looking.

You guys really think they're pretty good already? And honestly. I went with steelers colors on purpose. I did not think there would be a problem with the copyright.. Oops... And I was going to recolor it in the other team colors to. I'm horrible.

The bulky was meant to be a shoulder pad. And I tried to use real pictures as reference. Clothing is not my strong point, I'm still trying to learn shading for folds and everything. I've slowly been approving.

I went with 7 because Mene is about to turn 7 if i remember correctly.
One stripe because than its not REALLY directly copying any specific jerseys.
And i put an M cause its the menewsha jerseys. :3

I'll see what i can do with all the advice once i clean my desk. >.< I hope i can figure it out.
As cool as it would be to have our favorite football team's jerseys...it can't be done unless we wrote to the nfl and got permission...or the teams. Or someone. I'm not sure who. D;

I've learned it's not easy to shade clothing pixel wise. I'm having that trouble too! The only thing that's catching me off about the shoulder pads now is their shape. Hence the picture above. :3 (Perhaps maybe you could do a shoulder-pad-less version then? :O)

And that's a cool reason to go with 7. :) You don't have to change the number at all! And the single shoulder stripes is a really good idea! Generic and football-jersey-like!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 01:25 AM

Lol the pole is hilarious! I love it! I also adore the jerseys. I think the shading is a little off, maybe too dark on the red outfits.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 AM

The red shirt is to dark?

Thanks. someone asked for a pole so i made one :D

I'll see if i can do a no shoulder pads. just not sure what it would look like.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 AM

I love the shoulder pads!