3MPTY V01D
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 AM

I recently bought my friend's samsung chromebook from her for $100. As someone who likes watching shows and playing online/downloaded games, do you think this was a good investment? I've noticed that it isn't very strong, being made of plastic and all. Also, I've come to realize that it doesn't work very well with downloads and such (it basically doesn't let me open files).

thanks, guys!

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 PM

I do like Chrome Books. They are inexpensive, lightweight, and in my experience have pretty impressive battery life. They are suitable for basic computing including internet browsing, email, and that sort of thing. I'm not sure how well they'll work for games due to their hardware limitations. Chrom OS runs Android apps and many of those games were designed for a touch screen interface. That's to say, whether or not that $100 was a worthwhile deal depends a lot on what you want out of it.

What kind of files are you attempting to open? If you're trying to open for example, .exe files, Chrome OS does not support .exe files. Chrome OS has limited functionality compared to a device that runs Windows or OSX.