wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 02:48 PM

Welcome:

Hi there and welcome to my boooring drabble-themed thread. I'm not much of a writer, but I thought I'd try this out since I love my friend's stories and drabbles. She always manages to leave me with an intense inspired feeling that makes me want to try to write too. And I figure I needed to practice writing and wanted a challenge. So those are my reasons for why I am attempting this.

Most drabbles will be about my main OCs, but I'll also write stories of other people than them. Sad stories are the easiest to write~ And, I won't be following the order of the themes list though so this place is going to be a real mess.

;p <3333

*Please do not post. ♥*

welcome | boy + girl | wales + argentine | themes | reserved

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Characters (1):
  • THE BOY & THE GIRL
    He is a timid and conservative person, who is used to keeping to himself and always being alone. He actually really likes having company, but would always deny it because of his pride. He tries to hide himself from everyone's eyes, conforming to what the others have stereotyped him as and letting anyone walk all over him.

She is confident and outgoing, almost the exact opposite of him. She's very sympathetic and loves to help and take care of people like it was her second nature. She is always seen with a serious expression, but when around him, she brightens and lightens up. She has a brother complex.

The two are twins. They were both very close to each other and they were always together. After the divorce, they were separated; the girl stayed with her father while the boy was taken away by the mother, who died shortly afterwards from a car accident. The father took his son back in, but made him live separately from them because of the guilt. The girl likes being with her brother and vice versa, although he would never admit it.

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Characters (2):
  • WALES & ARGENTINE

Wales was a man of honour, a prince who has aided many. Argentine was an angel who given the job to guard Wales.

Argentine had always loved Wales since her childhood, watching and admiring him from afar in the sky. When she turned sixteen, her father let her choose a human to guard, as it was the Way. But, showing love the person you were tasked to guard was considered taboo amongst her clan, so she did nothing to fulfill her desires. She was afraid of disgracing her father's name with her selfish actions and she feared being exiled and losing her job. The thought of not being able to see Wales ever again was her greatest fear.

At first, Wales disliked having Argentine around him, thinking a prince needed not a protector. But as time passed, he slowly grew to love her. He confessed to her on his nineteenth birthday, three years after they met, but she did not give him an answer. She neither accepted his love, nor did she reject it. He feared that one day, she would leave him. He couldn't imagine a life without her and so, he begged the gods to take away her wings. Due to his naivety, he was tricked instead by the devils and they took her away from him.

Argentine's father had a great dislike for Wales after losing his only daughter. He cast his soul in the Dark Mist, a place for punishing those who did wrong things, for quite a while until Wales reached his limit. He was almost driven mad. After a talk with his sons, who found his actions unacceptable, he decided to make a deal with Wales. He would forgive the man only if he brought his daughter back from Hell.

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 02:53 PM

Themes:
  • 1. Memory making
    2. Like
    3. Date
    4. Friend
    5. Sibling
    6. Zero
    7. Restraint
    8. Cell Phone
    9. Rain
    10. Height
    11. Photograph
    12. Laughing/Smiling
    13. Book
    14. Teacher
    15. Snow
    16. Game
    17. If you are not....
    18. Quarrel
    19. Adult
    20. Christmas
    21. Rice
    22. Cute
    23. Sleeping
    24. Child
    25. Wound
    26. Holding You Close
    27. The Picture is Drawn
    28. Promise
    29. "I Miss You"
    30. Personal Computer
    31. Glasses
    32. Princess
    33. Prince
    34. Present
    35. Digital Camera
    36. Tears
    37. Brushing Hair
    38. Holding Hands
    39. Evening Sun
    40. Treasured
    41. Valentine
    42. Tobacco
    43. Body Temperature
    44. Candy
    45. Partner
    46. Flower
    47. Walking
    48. Treatments
    49. Nostalgia
    50. Kiss
    51. Redemption
    52. Cat
    53. Demon
    54. Neck
    55. Heaven
    56. Facing each other
    57. Death
    58. Eyes
    59. Destroyer
    60. Together
    61. Darkness
    62. Smile/Laughter
    63. Crying
    64. Holy one
    65. Tomb
    66. "I love you"
    67. Cross
    68. Persistence
    69. Denial
    70. Sky
    71. Dream
    72. Wings
    73. Beginner
    74. Bird
    75. Close Friend
    76. School
    77. Trick
    78. Failure
    79. Harmony
    80. Inside and outside
    81. Sibling
    82. Palm
    83. It's big
    84. It's small
    85. Prince
    86. Wind
    87. Finish
    88. Dash
    89. Hurdle
    90. Cube
    91. Air
    92. Disk
    93. Balloon
    94. Doll
    95. Worm
    96. Extra
    97. Extra
    98. Extra
    99. Extra
    100. Extra
I did not make this list. I had found many theme lists, saved them and put them together. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where exactly I found them so if I find it, I'll add in a link here to give them proper credit. C:

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 02:55 PM

reserved for future use...

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM

# 36... tears
  • The two lay down on a bed of grass under one of many willow trees, one on his back, the other on her stomach, watching the reds, oranges and yellows blend together producing a beautiful sunset. The cold air dried the pearls of sweat decorating their pale white skin. The park was deserted, lonely and everything was silent. The two heard nothing but the birds singing their songs and the swings that occassionally made noise as strong winds came and went. They had the whole place to themselves; just for today.

The girl propped herself up with her elbows, her eyes shining brightly, although she was exhausted. Her younger brother, whose eyes matched hers perfectly, rolled onto his side and their silver orbs met. They both studied each other. Their dark grey locks were a mess; their clothes, as well. They were out of breath and their faces, flushed. They continued to gaze at one another. They did not feel the need to say anything and found comfort in the ringing silence that surrounded them.

Then, they smiled. And they laughed. Their tears would not stop flowing.

« Nous serons toujours ensemble ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 04:23 PM

# 70... sky
  • She felt like she was miles away from him as she laid her head down on soft white pillow, awaiting a dreamless sleep, closing her eyes and remembering such haunting memories. Despite their many desperate attempts to convince their parents not to go through with their divorce, it was futile. The papers were signed and after that day, they were separated from each other; no longer will they be around each other like once upon a time and there was not a second where she didn't think of him... her brother.

Their faces were proof enough that they were once one being; that one could not live without other. She was the darkness and he was her light that guided her. Day after day, week after week, and although she missed him terribly, she never did worry about him. She did not need to be close to him to know that he was alright. She knew that they will always be under the same blue sky and that was all the reassurance she needed. The red string that held their souls together still fulfills its task until today.

Out of sight, out of mind, but...

« On ne sera jamais séparé ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-13-2007, 01:57 AM

# 18... quarrel
  • After that incident, they refused to speak to each other. The sixteen year old boy sat there on a swing, in the park, sulking. She was always teasing him whenever she came over and he did his best to tolerate it but this time, he snapped and he had yelled at her. He told her to get lost and leave him alone, along with many other hurtful remarks he could have thought of at that moment. She, oblivious, facetiously muttered a quick, witty reply that made him storm off angrily.

Each step to get the park had pierced his little heart with guilt. By the time he reached that place, he felt more than miserable and he hanged his head pathetically, reflecting. He bit his lip until he could taste the bitter taste of fresh blood. What if she never comes by anymore? What if she stops talking to him now? And what if.... Then, she appeared, approaching him cautiously. Part of him wanted to jump up in joy and the other was smothered with sorrow. With mixed feelings, he waited for her to reach him. Everything was silent for a while until she held out her hand out to him, smiling as if nothing had happened. "Let's go back."

Even though he was so stubborn and although he would never admit it, she already knew.

« Je ne peux pas te haïr ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-15-2007, 01:42 AM

# 9... rain
  • That day, the clouds wept and the rain trickled down from the sky. They both lay on a soft rug in their living room. The place was huge and almost empty. She was positioned on her right side, facing away from him, watching the raindrops slide down the clear, glass window. Her little brother was on his back, half-asleep, eyes half-open, humming soft melodies to himself. It made the room feel even more lonely than it already was.

His songs had such a sad, tragic feel to them. She quietly listened as he poured out his soul to her through them. She wanted to opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't find her voice. She unconciously curled up into a ball, hugging her legs. He muttered random words that served as lyrics for his song and suddenly, it felt like he was so far away. As time flies, knowing they can never stay the same, knowing that they both have different futures, changing... The world is different from yesterday. His smile has gone. As rare as summer rain and unnoticed by her younger sibling, she quietly started to cry.

Even a little pain would be nice.

« Tu es rendu trop loin ... »

*inspired by "A Little Pain ~ Olivia Inspi'Reira" *

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-25-2007, 08:13 PM

# 38... holding hands
  • The cold wind blew violently. The snow and ice followed the path of the air, whirling around the twins and millions of them attacked the two. The elder sibling was walking in front of him, protecting him from the gusts of air and the hail. She wanted to cry, but she held her tears back, telling herself that she had to be strong for her little brother. He silently followed her as she played the hero, trying to save the day. She was hurting and he could feel it too. He felt like a coward and he didn't like being protected like this. He didn't want to be treated as if he was helpless. The least he could do was share her pain.

He took her hand and started walking beside her, smiling, pausing to wipe away her uncried tears with a thumb. Her eyes widened. His childish innocence numbed her body. His smile healed her pain. His presence calmed her. He was the only one who could do this to her and he was only one she could ever want. He was almost shining in her eyes. Their fingers intertwined, they walked together, side by side, back to their village.

His hand was warmer that she thought.

« Comme un héros, il m'a sauvé ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 PM

# 43... body temperature
  • He lay down on his bed quietly, unable to sleep. Yawning, he rolled to his side, putting a pillow over his face to block the light emanating from the lamp on their room's table. It would have been perfect, but he couldn't breathe while pressing it against his face. He tossed and turned restlessly, wanting to sleep but not being able to do as he pleased. Sitting up, grumbling, he asked his sister to hurry and finish what she had been doing as soon as possible. The reason? He couldn't sleep with the light on. She mumbled an incoherent reply and continued her task.

The little boy watched his older sibling's back as she worked, fuming silently. Then, he lied down, pulling the blanket over his head and curling up into a ball. It was difficult to breathe under the thick sheets but, he'd live. He stayed like that for a while, just until he felt someone slip into the empty space on the bed beside him. He pushed down the blanket, opening his eyes. When he looked at her, she was already fast asleep. He brushed away the locks of hair that covered her eyes and he smiled softly, knowing that she had rushed her project for him, guilty that the reason he gave was a lie. He shifted, moving closer to her and their body temperatures rose simultaneously.

He just couldn't sleep without her warmth.

« Reste près de moi pour toujours, s'il-te-plaît ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM

# 31... glasses
  • Her eyes watered and her vision blurred when she put them on. The view through her little brother's glasses was awful. She looked at the mirror, trying to see how she looked like with them on. The look didn't seem to fit her at all unlike him. She took them off, rubbing her tired eyes, blinking and adjusting to clear her blurred eyesight.

He was wearing his new contact lenses when he entered the room and found her standing in the middle of the room with his glasses in hand. Without saying anything and wondering what she had been doing, he approached her and waited to be acknowledged. It took a while for her to notice his presence. She looked at him for a moment, studying his face.

"Take those off," she told him.

"What?"

"Your contact lenses. Take them off."

And so he did.

She placed his glasses on him carefully and then, she smiled.

« T'es plus beau avec tes lunettes ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM

# 72... wings
  • Once upon a time, there lived a girl with unbridled wings. There was a man who loved her. He was horrified by the thought of being separated from her, for event an instant. His obsession with the girl grew each day until he could not eat or sleep any longer. He passed his time in the village church, praying to the gods; begging them to take away her wings. Thirty days passed and suddenly, the room grew dark and dreary and a black cloth appeared before him. At that same moment, he heard voices echo in his head, saying, “Give this to her and your wish will be granted.”

His eyes widened and brightened as he took the cloth and raced home, excited. But, when he covered her wings with it, her wings shattered into pieces like glass and the girl died. The man did not know that the girl's wings were the source of her life, nor did he know that the shawl he possessed was a gift from the devils; cursed. They had tricked him. They were laughing.

Despite knowing that her death was caused by the man she loved, with her last breath, the girl made a wish for the man to never stop living. She didn’t want him to throw away his life just to meet her again on the other side. The man, however, was overwhelmed with despair and attempted to kill himself many times but he was always unsuccessful. And so, the man continued to live, his love for the girl never wavering. Time passed and he began to notice that his physical appearance wasn’t changing. He looked the same as he did all those years ago. He was horrified when he realized that he wasn’t aging. The girl’s wish had been granted, but it was nothing but a curse for the man.

Yes, the man was cursed to live forever and ever.

*inspired by Princess Tutu

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2007, 04:18 AM

# 5... sibling
  • The trees and grass were a gorgeous shade of green that day, the sun was bright and it was a perfect day out. The two planned to go on the seesaw and swings in the park, their favourite hangout and playground. But first, they had to go to the hospital for their monthly check-up. She was eyeing him, pouting as they walked to their new destination, away from the hospital, hand in hand with their parents walking closely behind them. It wasn't fair that he was taller than her; and by a whole centimeter, as well. It just wasn't fair to her.

When they arrived at the park, she sat on an empty swing, still. They were twins, weren't they? They were supposed to be exactly alike... identical. If he goes ahead and grows up before she does, then what would happen to her? Would she be left behind? Her childish insecurities bothered her greatly and she wasn't in the mood to play. Then, she felt his warm hands on her back, pushing the swing and as she held onto the chains, swinging up and down. She looked around at the scenery and listened to her little brother's laughter. How beautiful it all was...

She almost forgot that he was her sibling; he couldn't leave her behind.

« Le ciel est une belle teinte de bleu ... »

wisteria
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-11-2007, 03:25 PM

# 78... failure
  • A failure. Unable to change anything, unable to do anything, that's what he was; that's what he told himself he was. Unlike the others around him who found and reached their dreams, when he peered deep into his soul and held out his hand, all he managed to grasp was a nightmare. His life was full of jealousy of those who were able to attain what they wanted with ease, watching as they merely grabbed what they needed and wanted with no sacrifices and no hardships.

All he wanted was... Argentine. He wanted her back, yet he was not given his love back. Spending his days locked up in his house, he watched the rustle and bustle of the city folk with dull, almost lifeless, eyes. That was the moment he decided that he would try and bring her back into his life by himself.

But... All those experiments and all those projects... He slammed his fists on the marble floors. He was on his knees, his face covered with tears. He was a failure after all. How could he have had the nerve to think he had the power to revive her. Despair engulfed the poor man's soul until his body felt so heavy he couldn't move. His mind focused on what he believed to be fake hope and more unreachable dreams that would lead to his end. All this drove him over the edge.

He was swimming in his thoughts, his ideas. He reached for the one nearest to him and opened his eyes. His face looked twisted and horrible and his own horrid laughter echoed in the room, almost as atrocious as his face. Suddenly, the regret he felt over time wasted on those useless, unfruitful projects disappeared. Nothing in the past mattered anymore as he envisioned the perfect reunion between his love and himself. It was going to happen right now.

"Argentine... Argentine... Wait for me... I'll be there soon."

Miss_Lexy_Love
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Hi Im Lexy and personally I really like your story # 36... tears its a really good story and i think you should start to write more so if you ever want to talk sometime go ahead and feel free to message me thanks byebyez :D