Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-14-2015, 07:18 PM

"I didn't mean to make you worry," Francis said with a sigh. He checked his timer and nodded once. "Dinner will be ready soon if you wouldn't mind going to check on it. I suppose the reading is interesting, but if only because I'm wondering what they were both thinking at the time. I wonder if the person summoned then had the same questions as me. Of course, I'm not really finding answer to that in here. I thought it might be nice to look at a real case though."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-19-2015, 05:57 PM

"I wasn't worried." Arthur immediately responded. "I already checked on it. It looked fine." he added. He wasn't sure how much longer it needed to cook though. "It's definitely something to think about. I'd say go find them and ask, but this is an old book and whoever it was is most likely long dead." Of course, he could always summon the person's spirit. But that was a dangerous thing to do, so he didn't want to risk it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 07:27 PM

Francis sighed and closed the book. Though he didn't finish reading it and only had more questions, he knew others things required his attention right now. "Forgive me if I don't trust your judgement on dinner." He pushed himself up from the chair and headed up the stairs. Though his timer did not go off yet, it appeared to have five minutes left and that was prime time to go and check how the casserole fared. "But it really is a pity that we can ask any living people about this. I don't suppose anyone more recent has tried the spell?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 07-19-2015, 08:25 PM

Arthur glared slightly at Francis's back at the dinner comment, following him up to the kitchen. "Not that I'm aware of. It isn't a spell that most people would even consider. They'd have to be really desperate." He said, not realizing he was talking about himself in that regard. He mentally went over his books again. Surely if anybody has done the spell recently, someone would have written it down.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 09:53 PM

Francis laughed a little, though he didn't sound all that joyful. "Yes, it is a little desperate. Is it funny that I feel grateful though, even if I'm still confused over this whole thing?" It didn't pass him at all that Arthur spoke as much about himself as other casters of the spell. Would now be a good time to remind him with a hug that he didn't need to be desperate anymore? Probably not. Walking into the kitchen, he checked on the casserole right as his timer went off. "I don't know. Is there some kind of spell to figure out if someone has cast the spell?" he asked as he poked the casserole with a fork.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 PM

"There might be." Arthur told him, thinking. There were spells for every occasion, after all. If there was anything like that, he'd find it. "I'll go through my books after we eat." If he could find even one person who had cast this spell before, it would help stop making him feel so conflicted about whether or not he was making the right choice. With his plan in mind, he went about setting the table.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-10-2015, 04:07 AM

Francis wanted to say he'd only been joking, but enough of him wanted the answer to let Arthur check for the spell. "Very well. Here, let me know what you think," he said as he set down their two plates of food. All through dinner, he found himself lost in his thoughts. Today had been an interesting one filled with so much information. It would be nice if something good came of it. As he stood to clear away his empty plate, he found himself smiling at Arthur. Ah yes, no matter what, at least he came out of this mess. It should be enough.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 PM

Arthur was silent as he took a bite of the food. It was pretty good, he had to admit. But he found himself hesitating to compliment Francis on it. It's never been in his nature to admit things like this, after all. He figured the other man knew the food was good and left it at that. He thought about which books he'd go through once he was done, not really paying much attention to the other man. Once he was finished, he glanced up at the other, noticing him smiling. He couldn't help but smile slightly himself. Catching himself, he stood, flustered. "I'm going to go do some research." he stated, quickly leaving the room.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-01-2015, 06:17 PM

Francis nodded, a bit surprised to see Arthur's smile and how quickly he left after. "Ah...I wonder what's up with that," he sighed. Clearing their dishes away, he washed them without paying attention to the time. It was later than he thought when he finished and he found himself dragging a wet hand through his hair and glancing to where Arthur went to research. Should he disturb him? Probably not. Francis wouldn't like if someone got in the way of his work, so he decided that he would wait for Arthur to finish before saying goodnight to him. Without really thinking about it, he went to the other man's room and poked around the things before sitting on the bed and eventually falling asleep there.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 10-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Arthur spent the next couple hours going through his books. But he wasn't finding anything to answer their questions. He knew people in the past must have used the spell before; but they apparently never bothered to write down what happened afterwards. Sighing, he closed the book he was reading and rubbed his eyes. His eyes were starting to hurt from the low light in the room and he made a mental note to change the bulbs for the lights tomorrow. He glanced at the clock and noticed it was getting really late; he should probably go get some rest. With that in mind, he stood and stretched before leaving the room and heading to his bedroom. He was slightly surprised to find Francis sleeping in his bed, but he didn't have the energy to try to get him to move. He just changed into his sleepwear and laid down on the other side of the bed, quickly falling asleep.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2015, 01:01 AM

At some point in the night, Francis shifted toward the warmth he felt next to him, snuggling up alongside it. In his dreams, a matching sunshine spread out in front of him. He stood in a grassy field, the fresh mowed scent filling his nose. To the right, a familiar laugh sounded. Francis turned, trying to catch sight of the laugh's owner. He'd been skipping toward them and waved in answer because he knew this person. The bright sunlight blurred the other's image though even as they came up along side each other. He felt his mouth say the other's name, but the word never registered to his mind. The recording tape just got messed up somewhere.

The dream continued like that until morning light stretched across the bed.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 10-08-2015, 07:25 PM

Arthur awoke when the sun came up. Mostly because his blinds were open and he was facing the window. A bright light suddenly in your face wasn't a good way to wake up. Groaning, he rolled away from the source and right into Francis. He froze, having forgotten the man had fallen asleep here. He relaxed after a moment and examined the other. He had to admit, if only to himself, that the other was indeed a handsome man. He wasn't really sure why he had been complaining about having him around in the first place. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2015, 05:07 PM

Francis made a little noise as something bumped into him. He'd been floating in the quasi space between awake and dreaming so the interruption woke him just a little more. He had a strange feeling that he couldn't place, but it left him so happy that he didn't want to wake up. Shifting some, he found the answering warmth next to him and wrapped his body around it like a python. "hn...just five more minutes..."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 10-17-2015, 01:22 AM

Arthur stiffened when Francis suddenly grabbed him in the way that he did. He was not expecting that to happen. It's been a while since he's shared his bed with someone, so he had forgotten that this was a thing that might happen. "No more minutes. I need to get up." He stated, trying to pry the other off of him with little luck. If he could get at least one arm free, that would be helpful. But the other seemed to have him pinned pretty good.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-27-2015, 04:38 PM

Francis continued to whine and resist waking up. He slipped his arms down so both wrapped around Arthur's waist, leaving most of him free to move anyway but away. Burying his face in Arthur's hair, he whispered one word. "Stay." For some reason, he knew that once he woke up, this pleasant dream space he sat in would be completely destroyed. Something terrible would happen if he let the familiar laughter go this time. No, he had to stay. He had to get them to stay.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 10-31-2015, 07:35 PM

Arthur sighed. He really did need to get up. But, he figured a couple more minutes couldn't hurt seeing as the only thing he really had planned for the day was go through his books and continue his search for a job. "Fine... Five more minutes. But then you're getting up. Whether you like it or not." he told him. He would physically push the other man out of the bed if he had to. He wasn't laying here any longer than a few minutes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-13-2015, 06:50 PM

The voice that answered Francis wasn't he one he expected and that filtered into his brain, bit by bit. Cracking one eye open, he found Arthur and very slowly, after a second of hesitation, pulled away. What was he doing here? Confusion left him blinking a few more times as the sleep fully dropped away along with all the feelings from his dream. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was doing that." He sat up, letting out a yawn before just sitting there, staring at the wall ahead. He had this weird feeling that he couldn't shake. Had he been dreaming? What of? Nothing came to mind except this sheer heavy feeling that it left behind.