Akabane
Orin
Send a message via Yahoo to Akabane

Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 AM

So, I had a dream the other night. I became inspired to create a Roleplay for it. So, here goes.

It is a night like any other. The moon is full like it is two days out of every month, and that seems as normal as ever. However, no one has ever told you about the Sol(Pronounces Soul). The Sol occurs once every thirteen years, only on the day of the first full moon in the month of July. The Sol is not something you want to be caught in. If you are caught in the light of the Sol, it is said that you are transported to another dimension. In this dimension, truly strange things happen. Anything from talking rabbits to legendary creatures. For how long, no one knows. Though people have been known to disappear for years at a time, then suddenly reappear years later. No one believes the rumors of what each person who came back has said, and then end up in a Mental Institute.

When the Sol appears, you will most likely not get a warning. The Sol’s signature appearance is marked by a bright area of light, brighter than all else around it. The amount of space it picks up is unknown, as is why such a thing exists. It is believed the Sol appears in several places at once, hunting down its victims.

So, are you someone who has been in the Sol and made it out and is now in a Mental Institute? Or are you one who is going to be unlucky and get dragged into the Sol? Heck, you could even be one who has been in the Sol before, and gets dragged back in.

The Mental Institute characters are not needed, I just kinda figured that they could be in there for whatever reason. I am also welcome to any ideas along with your characters own ways of attempting to solve a problem in the other Dimension.

Characters:
Male:
The Daring One- Farrik
The Cold One- Aoi Kazuya
The Smart One- x-cutie-x-pie-x

Female:
The Cautious One- Aoi Kazuya
The Shy One- Taken by Me
The Outgoing One- o0Calyx0o

You may have up to two characters, just try not to get one character, then it's couple. Thank you.

Couples are as Follows:

The Cold one-The Shy One
The Daring One-The Cautious One
The Smart One-The Outgoing One

Character profile:

Username:
Name:
Role:
Personality:
Power: (What does your character gain when they are transported to Sol(The Other Dimension. It's actually going to be named Sol).
Biography: (Optional, I suppose. It's not really necessary. I guess this can be a spot for any additional information that is either important about your character, or you just want everyone to know.)
Appearance:

Now, you all know the rules. But just so they are clear, here you go.

-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS.
-To join, PM me the profile and wait for an approval, do not post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are encouraged, but keep it PG-16.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs, with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, but this isn’t a text message.
-No God-modding.
-I don't expect you to be on all the time, but please try and post once a day. That really isn't that much to ask.
-Please keep OOC in the RP to a minimum, if you feel you need to have a conversation, take it to the OOC Thread which I will create in a moment.
-I reserve the right to remove you from the RP and to revise the rules at any time.

Feel Free To Join!

For those of you who are in this Roleplay, or anyone who is reading this for fun, Profiles are posted in the OOC Thread. Here is a link: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...4-sol-ooc.html

Last edited by Akabane; 08-04-2011 at 04:04 AM..

Farrik
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 AM

Username:Farrik
Name:Xain
Role:The Daring one
Personality:Loud and boisterous he always speaks his mind and does as he pleases, but he will do absolutely anything to get the job done with a smile on his face and dear in the hearts of his foes
Power: He gains the ability to make any weapon appear in his hands that he has already seen or used.
Biography: He makes friends easily everywhere he goes, but when you attack or endanger them do he will protect them at any cost even if its his own life. he is never afraid of a fight and will often starts most of them
Dislikes:the pain of those he loves and scardy cats
Appearance:stands at 6'1" he was shaggy black hair and wears glasses, he normally dresses in a black button up shirt with a tie and a jacket, he has piercing icy blue eyes.

Akabane
Orin

Old 08-04-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrik View Post
Username:Farrik
Name:Xain
Role:The Daring one
Personality:Loud and boisterous he always speaks his mind and does as he pleases, but he will do absolutely anything to get the job done with a smile on his face and dear in the hearts of his foes
Power: He gains the ability to make any weapon appear in his hands that he has already seen or used.
Biography: He makes friends easily everywhere he goes, but when you attack or endanger them do he will protect them at any cost even if its his own life. he is never afraid of a fight and will often starts most of them
Dislikes:the pain of those he loves and scardy cats
Appearance:stands at 6'1" he was shaggy black hair and wears glasses, he normally dresses in a black button up shirt with a tie and a jacket, he has piercing icy blue eyes.
Actually, Farrik, you were supposed to post this in the OOC Thread, not here. But, I will let it go since you can't erase posts on here. I think that's certainly strange.

Last edited by Akabane; 08-05-2011 at 05:16 AM..

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 AM

"Tsubasa...?" A soft voice inquired, seemingly much louder than intended in the dead silence of the house. There was the sound of rustling cloth followed by the creaking of springs as a boy with blue-ish hair sat up from where he had been lying spread-eagle on a bed. The girl that had been lying next to him sat up as well, her long hair (tied into pigtails) fell over one shoulder as she folded her legs to the side. Through the opened curtains spilled streams of moonlight that illuminated the features of the two individuals. The same blue-tinted hair, matching eyes, pale skin...it was obvious the two were siblings.

Kaori unfolded her legs so that she could crawl closer to her older brother and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, leaning her head on the opposite shoulder. Tsubasa merely folded his hand in his lap and closed his eyes, concentrating on their matched breathing.

"Tsubasa...are we going outside today? To go stargazing?" Kaori asked after a couple of minutes of silence had passed again. Tsubasa's eyes reopened and he shifted. Realizing what he was trying to do, Kaori released her hold on her older brother so that he could get up. She stared up at the back of his head as Tsubasa fixed the collar on his shirt and the tie that he wore loosely. He turned to face her and a smile appeared on Kaori's lips when she saw the half-smile on Tsubasa's face. That meant yes in Tsubasa-language. Well...when it was directed at Kaori anyway.

Content, Kaori stood up as well, smoothing out the wrinkles in the dress she wore. Tsubasa picked up a vest he'd draped over the back of his desk's swivel chair and slipped it on, deftly buttoning it up before turning to offer his hand to his "baby" sister. Kaori giggled before slipping her hand into his and allowing Tsubasa to lead her out of his room...or more accurately, their shared room.

Kaori had her own room of course, she just didn't use it much, preferring to stay in the same room as her brother rather than stay in her own room by herself. Their parents had thought it cute at first, when the two were younger and allowed it. But as they got older, their parents became stricter, telling Kaori that she had to stay in her own room and to stop going into her brother's room at night. Obviously that didn't work. Their parents had tried forcefully keeping the two apart, but after waking up two weeks straight to Kaori crying because of one nightmare or another, they were forced to give-up. Almost immediately, Kaori's nightmares went away.

It had been a couple of years since then. Nowadays the two siblings sneaked out of the house at all hours of the night. Well, as much sneaking as is needed to leave an empty house without getting caught. Which isn't much to put it into simpler terms.

Pausing near the front door to slip on a pair of knee-high boots (Kaori) and another pair of boots of a shorter length (Tsubasa), both with silver fastenings, the siblings walked out the front door, hand in hand. ((for outfits minus the shoes see profile pictures)) There was supposed to be a full moon tonight...hopefully the skies would be clear so as to not obstruct the view of the celestial bodies in the sky.

((I wonder if it's okay for me to post now?))

Akabane
Orin

Old 08-05-2011, 05:12 AM

((Yes, it's alright. I will be posting tomorrow, but for now, I'm really not in the most comfortable position. I've got a bad thing of Acid Reflex going on, so I'm going to try and sleep it off. So, I'll be back on tomorrow.))

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 PM

It was a crisp, cool summer night. The sky was clear, countless stars glittering the darkness overhead. William was sitting outside in shorts and a simple shirt, telescope set up and pointing upwards. July had always been his favourite month for stargazing, English weather meant that the majority of the other months had unsuitable conditions; cloudy and overcast.

William looked into his telescope, swivelling around to look at the constellations covering the sky above. Until he spotted the Moon. A bright, full Moon glaring at him through the telescope. He had completely forgotten about that, and so instead of observing the stars like he planned, William's eyes were fixed on the Moon. It was... so bright tonight. Unusually bright. He'd never seen anything like it.

Not only that, but it seemed to getting brighter the more he looked at it. William lifted his head from the telescope abruptly and looked up into the sky with his naked eyes. It was just as bright as he had seen through the telescope, it was no longer a glowing Moon, but a Moon emitting light that of the Sun. He shielded his eyes with his arm, now squinting at the Moon. The brightness had overcome the darkness, it was spreading...Towards him.

o0Calyx0o
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Trista tugged nervously on one of the fingerless gloves covering her hands, looking around the dark, quiet cafe she was sitting in. She didn't know why she was so jumpy tonight, but she couldn't stop shaking, and her paranoia was going off the scale.

Maybe that frappuccino hadn't been a good idea. "Miss? Are you okay? One of the baristas asked, touching her shoulder.

Bad idea. Trista jolted in surprise, and lightning flew around the room, blowing every fuse in the building. Lightbulbs popped and shattered above the customers and employees, making them shriek as glass rained down on their heads. And yet, the cafe stayed well-lit. Trista slowly turned to look out the window, her eyes widening at the bright, bright, too bright full moon. "No... it can't be..." She whispered, standing abruptly and going outside, glass cracking underneath her boots until she reached the sidewalk and started running. It had been thirteen years since Trista had seen that light, when she was only five. Terror and excitement pounded through her with every heartbeat as the light grew brighter, despite her back being turned to the moon. With a sigh, Trista slowed to a halt, looking around to realize that she had left the city completely, the sidewalk turned to grass and dirt beneath her feet. Turning, Trista looked up at the moon and it's bright light, raising a hand so she wasn't blinded, like the last time.

"Goodbye reality, hello Sol."

Akabane
Orin

Old 08-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Alvaro smiled as she waited outside under the vast empty sky. She was waiting for her two best friends. Tonight, they intended to stargaze together like they did when they first met. They each found that they had a lot in common and it was easy for them to get along. As she continued to wait, she was growing more and more desperate for them to show.

"Come on. They know I love stargazing." She sighed as she reached for the cell phone in her pocket. She typed in the code to access her phone, and pressed the Contacts button. She searched for Asuka's number. She hit call and shortly after placing the phone at her ear, she heard the gentle sound of the ringing in her ear. When it stopped ringing, Asuka's voice followed after.

"Yeah, yeah! We're almost there! Hold on a second! We're coming up the hill to your back yard now." Asuka said, laughing. She knew that Ariake was probably also laughing in the background.

"Good. Now hurry up you two!" She hung up on them, still laughing. She continued to laugh until she finally heard their footsteps. "Asuka! Ariake! Over here!" She stood up and waved to them. As they made their way to her, she smiled.

Then, suddenly, something bright shone down on her. She blinked against the sudden brightness and shielded her eyes.

"Alvaro!" She heard Ariake shout over to her. And she shouted back his name. Having no idea what was going on around her, she stood there, covering her eyes, confused. Just what is going on? She thought.

((If there are any typos in this, I will fix them later. I gotta go for now. Sorry it took me so long to post. I've been busy.))