Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM

Crave

"Vampires, pixies, wolves, oh my..."

In the sleepy town of Dresden, things are not always as they seem. The family down the street may have been there much longer then you thought. The baby in your arms might not be your baby at all. And when someone goes missing, it's much more serious then you think.

Because Dresden is a lieu de croisement- a crossing place, where the veil between worlds is thin. Creatures you never thought real- vampires, pixies, witches and warlockes, weres- stalk the forests of Dresden, and you may even know some of them.

You just may not know what they are.

When the crossing place was first discovered, Dresden had been a tiny town. The creatures fought for it- there were not enough humans here to satisfy all the creatures, covens and clans, but there were enough for one. Because all the creatures were faced with the Crave- a need for human blood, a soul. That is the price of their immortality. A soul, in exchange for a soul. Many humans died as a result of this territory struggle, and it took Human Champions to settle things.

The Champions allowed the creatures to stay, if they found other methods. Animal sacrafice, although not as effective, worked well enough. The creatures could stay, as long as no human lives were lost.

Hundreds of years later, and Dresden has not changed much. It is still a quiet, small town, with old families and lots of space. And, of course, the Creatures.

The creatures have kept to their promise, and some have even made cozy lives here for themselves. They mix with the humans, passing themselves off as humans themselves. Life goes on. Things are quiet in Dresden.

Until a child goes missing. Eric Bancroft, 15 years old. Simply gone one morning, no trace of where he might be, no note. And while the people worry, the Creatures begin to grow tense. Because they all know it is one of them, submitting to the Crave- but who?

The line of Champions stayed in Dresden as well. The line ran dormant, of course, until the Champions were needed again.

Now, the Blood of the Champions calls. Dresden is in danger.

Will you answer?

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-20-2011 at 01:34 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Rules

1. As creator of this roleplay, what I say goes. I will always explain my actions if questioned, and will listen to what you guys have to say, but in the end please bear in mind that my decision is final.
2. Follow Mene ToS, and keep things PG-13. That should be a given.
3. Please be respectful to your fellow rp-ers. We’re all here to create a story together, and while your character can be a total asshat, that does not excuse you from being polite to everyone in OOC chat. Cooperate with each other, and be open to compromises.
4. Godmoding in any way, shape, or form is not allowed (which includes auto-hitting and omnescience.) You cannot kill another character without the consent of me and the owner of the other character (you need BOTH, not one or the other.)
5. I ask everyone to be at least semi-literate here. “leet” and chat speak is not acceptable. Neither Is Talking Like This, or talkinq liek dis. I expect at least five sentences from everyone, although one-liners will be accepted occasionally provided that they provide something for someone else to interact with. (I.e. instead of “he sat” write “he crossed the room and sat down, his back turned to them.”) And please, do feel free to write more.
6. Leave room for others to join in whenever, and don't be rude and ignore others.
7. Please send me all profiles. Any posted here will be deleted/ignored. Highlight here: Please title PM's with either "Heroes of our Time" for Champions, "Creatures of Desire" for Creatures and "Sheep Among Wolves" for regular humans so I know you read the rules.
8. Please be realistic. This may be a story with fantastical creatures in it, but this is also in a modern setting. So, no, you may not bring a lazer gun to this gunfight.
9. I reserve the right to add more rules as I see fit, but I also promise I'll let you guys know if I do.

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-19-2011 at 10:46 PM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 PM

Creatures

Dresden is home to a variety of magical/fantastical creatures.

-Weres- Pronounced like "where", this is the category of creatures who change into an animal form. Also known as shifters, the most commonly known weres are werewolves. However, many exist, from were-falcons to were-cats to were-mice. All shifters have only one animal form. Their healing factor is envied even by the other creatures. Most have an aversion to creatures who possess strong magic, such as pixies or witches. Silver can be used to trap or harm them.
-Pixies- The melevolent cousin of the Faerie. There seem to be more pixies in Dresden then there are faeries, most likely because of the cold climate. They use "glamours" to hide their true forms as well as hide their gathering places from humans. Pixies are inclined to cause mischief and harm, moreso then any other Creature. Iron is the bane of their existance, which is another reason they can be found more heavily in places like Dresden then in the bigger cities.
-Faeries and Elves- few faeries and elves can be found in Dresden, mostly because of the cold climate. Most are extermely beautiful, wild creatures, and prefer to stay away from civilization as much as possible, living lives that are extremely attuned to the Earth and Nature. They can often be mistaken for nymphs or naiads and dryads, because they tend to take up residency in trees and streams; they are not, however, bound to the tree or stream they make their home. They are natural enemies of Pixies and can be harmed with fire.
-Vampires- Very few vampires live in Dresden, prefering the cities where they can hunt humans. Most can be recognized by extremely black eyes that seem to absorb light rather then reflect it. While they can function during the day, they prefer not to because the brighter light hurts their eyes. They have super heightened senses, strength, and speed. Fire can be used to harm them. Humans have a natural aversion to vampires, and vampires will more often then not stay away from witches or warlockes who use necromancy; necromancers have a strange hold over vampires.
-Witches and Warlockes- magical creatures, the Covens in Dresden are often determined by bloodlines. While most covens in Dresden contain witches and warlockes who focus on "life" magicks (i.e. nature-based spells, healing, creation) there are one or two covens who focus on "dead" magicks, a.k.a. necromancy. These covens live on the fringe of the society of Dresden, and don't really get along with others, whether they are aware of the true nature of the person or not. Witches and warlockes stay away from were-creatures, the "dead" magick covens moreso then the others. Magick can only be fought by Magick, but if you can get past a witch or warlocke's defenses they can be killed like any human.
-Half-breeds- while most creatures don't interbreed with each other, oftentimes a creature will breed with a human- and more often then not the human is not aware of their spouse's true nature. Some hald-breed children show traits, such as a half-were child obtaining accelerated healing or sometimes even being able to shift. Others show none, or have traits that are dormant and can only be activated either by great need or a ritual performed by the council of their breed (rituals vary by race.)

-Champions- while Champions are usually humans, they are a special brand. The Champions, when their powers are activated either from a threat to themselves or the humans they protect, are extremely powerful, almost strong enough to combat any creature. Champions possess heightened speed and strength, although such powers do not extend much beyond the human range. Their true power lies in their Rites, the tattoos that emerge when their powers are activated. Each done in a silvery color, the Rites serve as a ward, protecting the Champion from any creatures as well as giving them a sixth sense of sorts that warns them about danger or heightens their intuitivity.
A very few of the champions are half-breeds; since the Champion line has run dormant for the past few generations, no one really knows who the Champions are anymore, except for the oldest members of the families. So, it's very plausible that a Creature partnered with a human who unknowingly carried the Champion line in them.

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-20-2011 at 12:22 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 PM

Profile Skeletons
If profiles are not formatted correctly, I will ask you to go back and reformat them before you resubmit them. Remove spaces in coding to get the proper format when sending it in.

Champions

[ SIZE="1"][ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]My Name Is:[/B][/COLOR] (character name here)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I am a ripe:[/B][/COLOR] (age here. 17-25)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I am happily a:[/B][/COLOR] (race. Either human or a human/creature mix.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]Last time I checked, I was:[/B][/COLOR] (male or female)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]And I prefer:[/B][/COLOR] (sexuality)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]My life is as follows:[/B][/COLOR] (Biography. Please have at least 5 sentences. No Mary/Gary Sues.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I tend to be a bit:[/B] [/COLOR](personality. Please have at least 3 sentences.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]A picture speaks a thousand words:[/B][/COLOR] (picture or description please. Pictures prefered.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]My Rite:[/B][/COLOR] (picture of your character's Rite and where it is located)[ /SIZE]

[ COLOR="black"][ SIZE="5"][ RIGHT][ FONT="Palatino Linotype"][ B](Username Here)[/B][/FONT][/RIGHT][ /SIZE][/COLOR]

Creatures

[ SIZE="1"][ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]My Name Is:[/B][/COLOR] (character name here)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I am a ripe:[/B][/COLOR] (age here. can be pretty general, but please put something)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I am happily a:[/B][/COLOR] (race.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]Last time I checked, I was:[/B][/COLOR] (male or female)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]My life is as follows:[/B][/COLOR] (Biography. Please have at least 5 sentences. No Mary/Gary Sues.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I tend to be a bit:[/B] [/COLOR](personality. Please have at least 3 sentences.)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]What you see is not what you get:[/B][/COLOR] ("human" picture or description please. Pictures prefered.)
[ B][ COLOR="yourcolor"]But This is what I really am:[/COLOR][/B] ("true" form.) [ /SIZE]

[ COLOR="black"][ SIZE="5"][ RIGHT][ FONT="Palatino Linotype"][ B](Username Here)[/B][/FONT][/RIGHT][ /SIZE][/COLOR]

Humans

[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]I am a ripe:[/B][/COLOR] (age here. 12-50)
[ COLOR="yourcolor"][ B]A picture speaks a thousand words:[/B][/COLOR] (picture or description please. Pictures prefered.)[ /SIZE]

[ COLOR="black"][ SIZE="5"][ RIGHT][ FONT="Palatino Linotype"][ B](Username Here)[/B][/FONT][/RIGHT]
[/COLOR][ /SIZE]

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 12-20-2011 at 12:22 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM

Accepted Profiles
Champions

My Name Is: Valkyrie "Ky" Rose Summers
I am a ripe: 18 years old
I am happily a: Human/pixie
Last time I checked, I was: female
And I prefer: boys (heterosexual)
My life is as follows: Ky Summers was born in Dresden, but she didn't grow up there. After the apparent death of her mother, her father packed up and moved with her to Virginia. She lived there for most of her life. She picked up working odd jobs to help make ends meet, but there was never really enough money; years of relentless bullying made Ky cynical and tough. Her only real confidante was her father, who she loved to death. However, thanks to his dash of recklessness and lack of forethought, roles were often reversed in the household.

Her father died when Ky was 17, forcing her to move back to Dresden with the only family she had, her paternal grandmother. Ky has been in Dresden for a year, and strange things have been going on around her. Her grandmother seems to know that something is up, but she won't tell Ky a single thing. What Ky doesn't know is that her father's family carries the Champion bloodline. What neither of them know is that her mother was a pixie.
I tend to be a bit: distant. That's the first word to describe Ky. She isn't prone to making easy attachments to people, and is very much used to being an outsider. She's extremely down to earth and can be almost cruelly honest, but her social filter isn't exactly the best. When she relaxes, she can be a bit mischievious, and has no stipulations against breaking rules every now and again.
A picture speaks a thousand words:

My Rite: Ky's Rite is on her left shoulder.

Clairefirestar9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsyas
My Name Is: Viktor Alanzo
I am a ripe: 21
I am happily a: Vampire/Human
Last time I checked, I was: Male
And I prefer: Heterosexual
My life is as follows: I was born and raised in Dresden. My father died before I had even turned one and my mother refuses to talk about it for some reason so I don't ask. I grew up with my mother being overprotective and the elders seemed to watch me a little more carefully than the others. At times it seemed like when I did something wrong my punishment was worse than the other students but I've looked past that at this point of my life. I moved out of my mother's house when I turned 18 and have been living alone for some time now but I'm struggling. I have the weird cravings that come out of nowhere and I don't know what it is but I feel like I'm losing control over myself sometimes. This last time I looked in the mirror as the spells hit me and my eyes were slowly turning black. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I intend to find answers. . .
I tend to be a bit:Laid back most of the time. Viktor is very intellectual, which can sometimes lead him to overthink things. He does act on his instincts at moments which usually makes him seem aggressive, though not over the top. Viktor is a gentleman most of the time until you piss him off.
My Rite: Viktor's rite is centered on his upper back.

Marsyas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
My Name Is: Jai'kar Mylen
I am a ripe: 19
I am happily a: Human
Last time I checked, I was: male
And I prefer: females.
My life is as follows: I grew up in Dresden. It's my home and always will be. Regardless, my life was fairly normal, except for my strength, speed, durability, etc. I've always been able to run faster and longer, hit harder, and take more punishment than others, which made me a natural for sports. I used to think that it was because my parents weren't actually my parents, a childish notion I know, but I've recently connected it to the silvery tattoo on my right arm. My father has mentioned that it makes me special, and that I got it shortly after my birth, which was supposedly very difficult for my mother.

Money-wise, growing up was pretty tough. I've always helped out on the farm we live on, herding cows and helping with the thousands of other chores. Still, farming isn't very profitable, and we never really had an excess of wealth. It wasn't too bad though. Being a great player really offset any embarrassment about being poorer than my peers.
I tend to be a bit: methodical. It's a common misconception that I'm “slow.” But that isn't the case at all. I just take my time and do things the right way the first time. Rushing causes nothing but harm. I also have a pretty good work ethic, having never really had the amount of free time that others have had.
A picture speaks a thousand words: Without the sword.

My Rite: Located on his right bicep.
Click on thumbnail for full view

Angelo

Creatures

My Name Is: Yuri Cassandra Aissla
I am a ripe: 18 years old
I am happily a: Werewolf
And I prefer: males (heterosexual)
My life is as follows: Yuri's mother is a werewolf from Russia, and her father is Alexander Aissla, the next in line for the Alpha position of their pack. Yuri, being the youngest of five as well as the only girl, was pampered by her mother; Yuri didn't quite like it and often ran away to be alone in the forest. Once she was old enough for school, she found a new escape- she's rather comfortable around humans, and is active in all sorts of clubs and athletics at the high school.

She's recently learned news that adds to the tension that's been building thanks to the disappearance of Eric, a boy she was friends with; her father is considering marking her as the next alpha over her eldest brother, Nicholai. Neither of them are happy about it, but Yuri isn't the kind of girl to run away anymore.

Her older brothers, in order from oldest to youngest, are Nicholai, Andrei, Grigory, Iosef and Dmitry.
I tend to be a bit: quirky and charismatic, Yuri is an odd composition of grace and tomboyishness. She can be rather rough-and-tumble, but she's quick to make friends and always has something nice to say. She has short temper, but more often then not she can joke herself out of a bad mood.
What you see is not what you get:
But This is what I really am:

(Clairefirestar9mm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter_Queen
My Name Is: Hyun-Seung Jeong
I am a ripe: A true lady never tells anyone their age. I look like I’m in my early twenties, though. I’d say about 21 or 22.
I am happily a: Vampire
Last time I checked, I was: Female
And I prefer: Well, I have played around a bit, since I’ve lived for quite a while. I prefer males, however. (Heterosexual)
My life is as follows: I was born in the quite fancy Victorian Era, in London, Britain. My family was one of the noble families. In fact, I’ll tell you a little secret, but shhhhh, keep it. Most of the noble families in London were vampires like me, and many are still alive to this day. The Victorian Era was a long period of peace, prosperity, refined sensibilities and national self-confidence for Britain. Because of this, I grew up taking many lessons of etiquette and academics. I especially liked theater and the arts, and still do now.

A few years ago, there was a great fire in London and many of other vampires were engulfed in the flames. It’s not widely known, but we consider fire our enemy. To keep our obscurity, we scattered all throughout the world. Though I would have preferred a large city like New York City or Las Vegas, I ended up in this small town called Dresden. There seem to be a few other vampires here, as well, even half-breeds…quite intriguing. This small town may in fact be worth my never-ending time.

I tend to be a bit: very straightforward, blunt, and to the point. I don’t like hiding things away from people, it just gets more complicated that way. I’m often described as “so graceful that it would break any ballerina’s heart.” I attract people like a light attracts flies, but I don’t usually make friends with them because, well…I am a vampire after all. I am quite intelligent, refined, and ladylike.

Quarter_Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgfam08
[ SIZE="1"]My Name Is: Fee
I am a ripe: 129
I am happily a: pixie
Last time I checked, I was: Female
And I prefer: To be honest both are nice.
My life is as follows:
Fee is the last of her family of five. They had been killed off when she was a young pixie. She watched as the humans took them away and killed them. Fee's parents hide her under the house where no human dared to look. She harbors a bit of anger towards the human, but would never do anything to hurt them to bad. She longs to see pixies like her in this town, but know its a long stretches. She lives in a small house close to the woods where she can run about in her true form. For a living she makes children's clothing from her home, but what people don't know is that she uses her magic for most of her work. She goes to the dinner once in a while to mess with people in the littlest ways.
I tend to be a bit:
Fee at times can be very aggressive, though she tries to keep it down. She has the temper of an Irish red head, and when she causes trouble, and the trouble doesn't go her way her temper is even worse. She's only happy when most people around her a miserable.
What you see is not what you get: This is what I look like with out the wings of course.

But This is what I really am: [/SIZE]

Sdgfam08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo

My Name Is: Itzli Paendrag
I am a ripe: 127 years old.
I am happily a: Faerie.
And I prefer: boys.
My life is as follows: My life has always been pretty hard. It really isn't my fault though. See, I was born left-handed, and have some serious allergies to certain plants, mostly flowers. This means that I'm not a true Faerie to the others, something that they shun and ridicule me for. So I live away from them all on a farm by the village. I'm pretty sure that that makes them happy or something.

The family on the farm is nice though. They take care of my tree without me having to ask, and the fruit is always enough to keep me full, though I have to make sure to store enough to last through the winter. I'm pretty sure that they don't know I'm there, but that's fine with me. I like being alone. It gives me time to play my music and paint.

Having never finished school, I can't read, write, or do math very well, though I have the basics down. It's a bit of a pain when I need to trade for something or read a notice, but I've been practicing. It's getting easier gradually, but that's to be expected, right?
I tend to be a bit: aloof. I'm a happy enough person, but I don't feel comfortable around others, which makes me shut up tighter than an oyster. It's just that I don't speak much, or get involved at all, that makes me seem distant and cold. I'm pretty laid back by myself though. I love to just sit in the sun and play my music or paint. There's nothing better!

Angelo

Humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graxdon
My Name Is: Khallos
I am a ripe: 23
Last time I checked, I was: Male
And I prefer: Woman
My life is as follows: I used to be a simple watchmaker, I grew up and married my high school sweet heart, and we were in love. Then she was murdered, viciously, and brutally. I know it was one of the... monsters. It must have been, the way she was found, cut to pieces, no human would've engaged in such savagery. I started studying then, studying the creatures that we have allowed to infiltrate this place, and I've begun to take my vengeance. The papers call me a serial killer, the police force is offering a reward for information about me, but I won't stop. I refuse to stop until they're all dead and gone. During one of my 'hunts' I was hurt and lost my eye. I managed to persuade the doctors that it was an accident in my workshop, but I think I've kindled suspicion. No matter, I won't stop, can't stop.
I tend to be a bit: Cold, distant, depressive

Graxdon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfey
My Name Is: Sebastian Samuels
I am a ripe: 24 years old
And I prefer: women
My life is as follows: My brother and I grew up together in Dresden. He is eight years younger than I am, so we never really hung out much and I always felt like I had my annoying kid brother tagging along. I left Dresden to go off to college and study biology when I graduated high school but tragedy brought me back home when I was 20. I was in my second year of school when I got the phone call that my parents had been out of town and killed by a drunk driver in an accident. They were dead instantly. That left me to drop out of school, make funeral arrangements, and adopt my kid brother. He was only 12 at the time so I had to stay in Dresden to take care of him. I took over my parent’s bakery “Sweet Treats” and have been working there for the last four years. Perhaps I’ve lost my chance to get out of this town and make a real career for myself. I hope not, but I still need to be here for Andy at least until he becomes an adult.
I tend to be a bit: Everyone says that I am always happy and am forever smiling. I guess it is true that I do always smile and that makes everyone think that things are ok. I just smile and pretend. If I have a problem I cover my feelings with jokes and pretend cheer. Most people think I am a very nice person.

Fishyfey

My Name Is: Andrew Samuels (You can call me Andy)
I am a ripe: 16 years old
And I prefer: women or men
My life is as follows: I am a junior in high school. Probably don’t hang out with the best crowd, but what do I care and who is going to stop me? My life so far – crap. I was a lonely outcast kid whose parents died and whose brother dropped out to adopt me. All my life I’ve been a burden on people. I hate working at the bakery, but I do it part time to help out my bro; to help ease my burden on him. We get along alight, but he is always trying to smother me. It’s like he doesn’t understand that he isn’t our parents and never will be.
I tend to be a bit: I am fun to be around but can be moody and angsty. Curiosity is my middle name. I always want to know what is going on and once I do, I usually want to cause mischief. All in fun of course.

Fishyfey

Last edited by Clairefirestar9mm; 01-05-2012 at 03:20 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM

Updates and News

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 01:30 AM

Reserved

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 AM

Reserved x2

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 01:32 AM

Now open and accepting

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 03:59 AM

I hate this place. I hate this place. I hate it here.

That was all Valkyrie Summers could think as she stared out at the little cafe she'd been (more or less) shoehorned into working at. It was surprisingly quiet, even though it was freezing outside; usually, the place would be full of kids her age, maybe a little older, all of them getting hot drinks and socializing. But no, there was one girl sitting in the corner, reading something on her laptop and sipping at her cocoa. She recognized the girl- Yuri? Something like that. She was a classmate of Ky's, but she didn't really pay much attention.

She sighed and began to wipe the counter down, hating the cafe, hating the silence. She wished Dresden wasn't such a small town. It probably didn't help that Eric Bancroft had gone missing- everyone was worried now, although they seemed more worried then they should have been. Sure, he was missing, but thay acted like he was already dead. It made her suspicious, but at least it was an answer to why the cafe was empty.

-------

Yuri sipped slowly at the cup of hot chocolate in her hands, absently wiping whipped cream off the tip of her nose as she stared at her computer. She was glad it was silent at the Waterstone today- usually the little cafe was busy, and it would have been hard to do her research here. But thankfully, it was quiet, so she could do her work in peace.

Of course, why it was quiet and what she was researching were directly related. Eric Bancroft had gone missing last week. He was a friend of Yuri's; she'd taken a liking to the shy, soft-spoken, fine-haired freshman who was part of one of the old families of Dresden. Her father had known the Bancrofts for a while; they were humans, but good humans. That's why the pack was out searching, her brothers among them. They owed the Bancrofts that much, to at least look. But they knew it would be hard to find anything, because if what they suspected had happened to Eric had actually happened, the kidnapper would have known exactly how to hide his footprints.

So, Yuri was searching, trying to find obscure signs they might have missed. They weren't exactly well-versed in the habits of the other Creatures that lived in Dresden, even though they all had lived together for... oh god, ages now. None of them really liked each other. She figured that maybe, if she found some kind of sign they might have missed, they would be one step closer to finding Eric.

It was a fool's hope, but it was hope nonetheless, so she kept on searching.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 12-20-2011, 04:45 AM

It was an off day from his part time job at the supermart so Viktor decided to come spend some time in the Waterstone. The whole town was on edge over Eric's disappearance. Personally, he hadn't known the guy all that well but he seemed like a good enough fellow. What didn't make sense was why everyone was so worried. For all they knew, he could have just ran away for some reason; but if he did, where would he go?

There were alot of questions that could be asked but it really wasn't any of his business. Entering the cafe Vik waved to Yuri, a girl he had grown up with. She was a few years younger than him but he was good friends with her brothers though he wasn't sure her parents liked him very much. Taking a seat at the counter instead of one of the tables, the blonde grabbed menu and scanned it over with gentle golden eyes. "What should I have today?" He asked aloud in his usual soft yet deep voice.

Looking up at the waitress, Vik had to do a double take. He wasn't sure if he had seen her before, or rather he was, cause he was sure he wouldn't have forgotten her face. He had originally had a question but forgot it and quickly looked back down at the menu. What did I want again?

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 05:16 AM

Ky looked up as the bells above the door tinkered, a blonde male walking into the cafe. She watched as he waved to Yuri; the girl looked up to see who had entered, then smiled and waved back, before delving back into her work. She was working so hard that Ky wondered what she was doing- homework, probably. Yuri was the studying kind. Which made her wonder, in turn, if she had homework from any of her classes, but it didn't matte now anyways. There was nothing she could do until she got home.

And then she wondered, again, how Yuri might have known the man, because he was obviously older, but then she remembered- it was a small town. Everyone knew everyone in Dresden. She just didn't because she hadn't been there in almost 18 years.

"Something hot, I'm supposing," she said in response to his question- her usual dry humor. Her grandmother always told her that if she kept talking like that, she'd never make any friends; not that Gram minded, anyways. She was just as quirky and odd as Ky was, but others weren't the same as her. She raised an eyebrow as the male looked at her, then looked again, before looking down at the menu with an odd look on his face. What the crap is he looking at? "If you really don't know what to get, the gingerbread latte isn't half bad," she tossed in, trying to fill the awkward silence.

Marsyas

Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 AM

The raised an eyebrow and gave a sarcastic scoff at her remark to his question. One of those huh? She was both cute and feisty. A combination he wanted no part of at the moment. His last girlfriend had similar qualities, and that hadn't worked out to his liking. After a few moments of silence the waitress suggested a gingerbread latte and Vik laid his menu down then stared at her with his head cocked to the side as if he was contemplating something or possibly upset.

Before speaking he glanced at her name tag before looking her directly in the eyes and cleared his throat, "No thank you, I think I'll have a vanilla latte and a blueberry scone miss Valkyrie." Resting his chin on his now clasped hands; now to be as good a time as any for small talk, "I take it you're new in town. Where you from?" She didn't seem to have a distant accent so she could've been from around here but it was doubtful. He couldn't say the people here all looked a certain way, because they varied quite a bit. Normally he would make an educated guess but he was at a loss this time.

Taking off his thick black leather coat, all he had on underneath it was a white t-shirt. Leaning back in his chair he wiped off some snow from his black jeans and then shook some off his white sneakers before getting situated again.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 AM

"It's just Ky," she said with a wince, pronouncing it like Kai. She disliked her full name; Valkyrie just felt so cumbersome and made her think of heavy-set viking women who sang in those ridiculous operas or whatever. But her boss said Ky made her look like some worthless hippie, and even lectured her on how the Valkyrie had been warriors.

Ky didn't care much. Just saying the name made her tongue feel heavy.

"One blueberry scone and a vanilla latte it is," she said with a nod of her head, moving with a sweeping, odd grace. She cocked her head to the side, considering how best to answer his question.

"I'm from Virginia," she finally said. "But I was born here. Elspeth Summers is my grandmother." Apparently, everyone knew her grandmother, as everyone knew everyone in a small town; she was active in the church as a choir singer, often volunteered at town meetings, and taught kindergarten at the elementary school. She wasn't exactly sure what her grandmother couldn't do. She glanced at him as he took his jacket off, nearly spilling hot coffee all over her hands in surprise.

"How rude of me, I forgot to ask your name and you don't have a convenient little name tag," she said, nodding to his shirt. "However, it must be something along the lines of 'Crazy', because it's way too cold out there to just be wearing a jacket and a t-shirt." Okay, maybe she was a bit heavy-handed, but it was true. That morning she'd left with a long sleeve shirt, a knit sweater her grandmother had made her last Christmas, and a heavy winter coat.

[[Oh god, she's so socially challenged XD]]

Marsyas

Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Viktor gave an understanding nod, "Ky it is then." He slid the menu out of his way as his eyes rested on the waitress in front of him as he studied her. She had something odd about her that was wildly attractive though her personality could use a bit of work. And the way she moved was almost seductive as if she was a dancer but he didn't believe that she was.

He was surprised to hear where she was from and that she was born here. He didn't know many people that lived here and left. Even less that left and then came back. "Virginia, huh? That's a long way from here. What brings you back to these parts?" Then the light bulb went off in his head when she mentioned old lady Summers. "So you're Ms.Summers granddaughter. A few people around town have been talking about you." Smiling and shaking his head to himself he added, "It seems there's some truth to the rumors."

"Though quite a bit makes sense now," he said with a mischievous tone and glint in his eye.

The slightly pale young man chuckled at her rye comment looking down at his shirt, "My name is Viktor Alonzo, but everyone calls me Vik." The boy scratched his head shyly as he spoke, "The cold doesn't bother me all that much honestly. I really don't need the jacket, it's more for looks than anything." Shrugging his shoulders and smiling he added, "People already think I'm crazy, so I do my best not to add to their suspicions."

Curiosity eventually got the best of him, "Tell me Ky, have you ever danced before?" His deep voice carried even though he wasn't speaking loudly and he wondered if that was an odd question to ask. Maybe that's why people think I'm weird?

(It makes for entertaining conversation though ^_^)

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM

"Rumors," Ky asked warily, glancing over her shoulder at him. She wasn't one to be easily bated, but she felt so uneasy here- it wasn't just being the new girl. It was being Jeremy and Beth Summers' daughter, and Elspeth's granddaughter. It was like everyone knew her, or knew something about her that she didn't even know about herself. She finished making his latte, then put a scone onto a plate and set it all in front of him.

"There you go, enjoy," she said, the words automatic. It was what her boss had told her to do, not something Ky would really do. She leaned against the counter casually, listening as he introduced himself. "Well, Vik it is, then," she said, mimicking what he'd said earlier, touching two fingers to her head. She raised an eyebrow when he told her that people already thought he was crazy. Interesting. Ky wasn't particularily worried, he seemed nice enough. She wasn't one to pass judgement based on other people's opinions, anyways.

She paused at his question, staring at him blankely as it computed. A dancer? "No," she finally replied, pushing long blonde hair out of her eyes. "I don't really like dancing." Actually, Ky had never really done much of anything; even if she'd wanted to dance, or do sports or whatever, they'd never had the money to afford lessons or uniforms. "Why do you ask," she added as an afterthought, although she already knew the answer. Even her grandmother said she was born to dance, though she didn't quite understand why she thought that.

Marsyas

Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM

Looks like he piqued her interest, but she didn't want to ask. "Yes rumors. What they failed to mention was how talking to you is like trying to see through an early morning mist." Damn near impossible. But he wouldn't say that aloud. He had more than enough of his own issues at the moment for him to be going off making an enemy of Elspeth Summer's granddaughter.

The male's golden eyes shifted focus when he received his food, "Thank you," he replied naturally. He took up his scone taking a careful bite followed by a sip of his latte before turning his gaze upon the woman once more. She was mocking him. Not that it bothered him terribly, a number of kids did the same growing up, but it did bring up unpleasant memories. His friendly demeanor was starting to fade a bit.

It was surprising to find she had never danced. He could have guessed, it was something odd about her family, as if they were blessed with a certain gracefulness. He took another bite and sip of his meal before responding to her question, "Just call it curiosity," he said in a neutral tone. "You got a boyfriend Ky?" He grinned mischievously after asking as if looking for a reaction.

Then looking over his shoulder at his childhood friend, "What you doing over there Yuri?" Vik didn't speak with her much anymore since he got out of school and got a job, but he did talk to her brothers regularly, often asking how she was. They usually didn't see each other around much. Surprisingly even in this small town people could be avoided with enough effort.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 PM

"Oh really now," she asked blandly. She wasn't quite sure what he meant, but she didn't particularily care. "I'm curious as to what the rumors do say. Any mention of me being a murderous, cannabalistic witch yet?" Her tone was flat, as usual, but the words were meant as a joke.

"You know what they say about curiousity," she told him easily. She nearly froze when he asked her about a boyfriend- not because of anything painful, because the idea of her, Ky Summers, having a boyfriend was nearly laughable. "Oh yes, I've got dozens," she said, her words sarcastic as she rolled her eyes. "No, boys tend to stay away from me." It was the honest truth, but it wasn't exactly one that bothered her. She turned to grab a rag to wipe the counter down with as he called out to Yuri, who was still busy on her laptop.

Yuri looked up as Viktor called out to her, a distracted look on her face. "Huh? Oh~ hi Vik. Nothing really, just homework," she lied, flashing him a pearly-white smile. "You remember homework, right," she teased gently. She and Vik had only gone to the same school for about two years- she was four years below him, and if the Jr. high and high school hadn't been combined in the same complex she would have never seen him. But he was friends with her brothers, which inevitably led to them bumping into each other now and again, and he was always polite. Yuri liked him well enough, but nothing beyond friendship.

"I see your causing trouble, as usual," she observed teasingly, her smile turning into a mischievious grin. "If he gives you any trouble, feel free to sock him," she called out to Ky, who merely saluted and continued to clean the counter.

Marsyas

Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 PM

"Maybe," he responded jokingly. Vik raised an eyebrow as he laughed at her dark humor, "I haven't heard that one yet, but it may come up eventually." Especially with the way you act. "As far rumors do say, well. . . They say you're a great deal like your grandmother." Taking a sip of his latte as he finished off his scone he added afterwards, "I like Ms.Summers. She's a good woman, so the way I see it. . . You can't be all that bad." A little rough around the edges maybe.

"Yes, it gets answers," he replied quickly as he cleaned his mouth between sips. Sitting back with the cup in hand, he smirked and sarcastically added, "Wouldn't surprise me Ky. I can see why they would." If she didn't have so many qualities screaming 'black widow', things might be different. Still, her attitude didn't bother nor scare him. He was surprised she hadn't told him he was bothering her yet.

Then as the conversation shifted Vik spun around in his chair to face the girl, "Ah, hello our sweet dear little Yuri. How pleasant of you to join us, here. . . in reality." To add to his sarcasm, Vik made a hand gesture around the cafe for added effect. He pressed a finger over his lips to quiet her when she mentioned homework, "Shhh. That word is forbidden in my vocabulary." He laughed at his sad attempt at a joke and didn't care if anyone else did. Thinking on it now, there was something about Yuri and her brothers. While they were good people, they smelled of dog sometimes and he couldn't remember them having any. It was strange, but a number of strange things happened in this town that no one asked questions about until now.

"Me causing trouble?" He placed a hand over his heart as he attempted to appear appalled. "Why, I would never do such a thing, it's preposterous. . ." He paused for a moment as he peered into his cup as if to question himself, "Well. . . not intentionally anyway." When she gave Ky the go ahead to hit him, the half blood spun around sharply with an actor's worry in his features, "You wouldn't do that now would you?" His hazel gaze resting on the waitress with a transparent fear evident, even as he took his final drink of the latte. "A refill please?"

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 AM

It was a good thing it was a bit cloudy, otherwise Hyun-Seung would've stayed indoors. The leggy female vampire shook off the looks she was receiving. Yes, she was pretty, but it wasn't because of her looks. Hyun-Seung was wearing a minty green skirt and a sheer blouse, topped off with a large bow and heels you would usually wear in the summertime. Apparently, humans thought it odd if you wore skirts in the wintertime. Hyun-Seung didn't catch colds--not human ones, anyway, so she never bothered to wear warm clothing.

The newest member of the small town called Dresden stopped at a cafe named the Waterstone. She'd unintentionally overheard with her sharp senses a couple of high school girls chatting about the popular meeting spot while she was in the library, checking out some books that had been recommended to her.

Hyun-Seung glided in her usual manner of walking and sat down at the counter instead of a table. Seated next to her was a blonde seemingly in a deep conversation with the waitress. Flipping through the menu's pages with her slim fingers, Hyun-Seung tried to pick something that looked appetizing. It wasn't that vampires couldn't eat food, it was just that modern food had no appeal to them whatsoever. Vampires were more used to the rich flavors and spices that were used long ago. Eventually, she pushed the menu away. Cookies and cakes just weren't her thing.

"Ah, excuse me?"
Hyun-Seung's melodic and authentic British accent pierced the air, almost as if she were singing. Her mysteriously dark eyes settled on the waitress. "Do you have any Darjeeling Tea?"

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 AM

"Hmm," was all Ky could say in response, letting his words sink in. Like her grandmother. So, eccentric and a little batty. She could deal with that, but there was an ache in the pit of her stomach that made her feel a little blue. She hated being the new girl because it didn't mean things changed for her- she was still the odd, alienated one. She merely shrugged her shoulders and got back to work, cleaning one of the machines.

"Oh, really," she snorted sarcastically, her expression amused as she glanced back at him when he commented about boys staying away. She only shrugged. "Doesn't bother me. The boys around here have proven to be stupid, anyways."

Yuri rolled her eyes at Vik, closing her computer and tucking it under her arm. She grabbed her coffee, then headed for the counter, sliding into a chair. "Right. Trouble is your middle name," she said, setting the laptop on the table. She looked over her shoulder as another woman sauntered in, sitting on the other side of Vik. She quirked an eyebrow, but made no comment; she didn't know that another Creature had come into town. But then again, there were no rules saying others couldn't, so she merely shrugged and sipped at her coffee.

Ky looked over her shoulder as Yuri and Vik bickered, pausing as the conversation was hurled back at her. "Don't tempt me," she threatened mildly, although there was no bite to her words. She wouldn't hit him- violence was not something Ky was big on. She reached over and snatched Vik's cup up gracefully, refilling his drink as another patron came up to the counter.

"Darjeeling tea," Ky repeated, her tongue tripping over the words a bit. "Let me check, I'm not quite sure." No one ever really ordered tea- the patrons were usually teens looking for some sort of coffee drink. She rummaged through the boxes of tea they kept stored under the counter, squinting to see.

"We have black," she said, popping back up with the boxes in hand. She stared at the boxes curiously for a moment, before looking up at the woman.

Marsyas

Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 AM

Neutral reaction? Damn, she's stoic. This girl was entertaining, he had to admit. Not to mention that she had a lot less in common with his last ex than he first thought admittedly. Definitely a good thing. It meant she was tolerable. And there was a sort of sadness about her that was. . . intriguing. It reminded Vik of himself. She had the loner vibe. It gave him the feeling of a kindred spirit, but there was something else too.

Ignoring the scoff with a casual smirk, Ky almost struck a nerve with her response."Then I suggest you stop gauging little boys and start gauging men," he calmly shot back with a shrug. The half breed didn't count himself among boys and he didn't like being stereotyped. And with her you couldn't tell what she was getting at other than her clear sarcasm and dark humor. But it kept the conversation from being dry.

Vik watched and waited as Yuri came over and joined him at the counter. Her remark made him laugh, "True enough. I can't help what seems to follow me." As he finished up, another woman walked in. . . wearing even less than him. His eyebrow raised briefly before he turned back to receive his second latte. "You wound me, and thank you," he said dramatically as he cracked a grin and raised his cup to her.

Taking his cup to lip, which he had to halt because he almost burned it in the process, the blonde glanced back over at the elegant brunette woman next to him. She smelled like something he couldn't quite put his finger on and a fine perfume masking it. "I know the cold doesn't bother me but. . ." he couldn't finish his sentence as he looked her up and down partially in awe but mostly curiosity. Who was she?

Last edited by Marsyas; 12-22-2011 at 06:29 AM..

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-22-2011, 05:45 AM

"Ah, okay." The willowy woman responded, then watched as the waitress rushed off to find her tea. If she'd guessed correctly, then this cafe was more used to serving already hyper teens coffee than tea. She was brought out of her thinking by the man sitting next to her. "Oh, this." She looked down at her light clothing and gave a bit of a chuckle, which sounded like chimes. "I never get cold, so wearing whatever is a bonus."

"I'm Hyun-Seung. I just moved here a couple of days ago, so I might not be familiar." She explained, seeing the look on his face. Now that she saw him closer up, she realized that he was a vampire...no, a half-human, half-vampire. Hyun-Seung wondered if he himself even knew what he was, or if he had began to see some signs yet. "And if I may ask, who might you be?"

As the waitress popped back up again with a box of tea, Hyun-Seung nodded and noted that she was also a half-breed. Hyun-Seung could just smell the scent of a pixie on her; it was extremely strong. A pixie and a human. How odd, so many half-breeds in this one small place. She was caught off track for a moment in her thoughts and straightened up in her chair, crossing her thin legs. "Black is fine, thank you very much."

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Start gauging men. She only snorted lightly as she set about to preparing the tea, but she couldn't help but watch him from under long lashes. He wasn't quite what she'd thought he would be- he took her wit in stride, and even flung it back at her. Interesting. She rolled her eyes at him as he thanked her for the drink, waiting for the water to boil.

She couldn't help watching the conversation between Vik and the woman. Hyun-Seung, an exotic name to fit such an exotic-looking woman. It wasn't just her features, it was the fact that she was wearing so little in the dead of winter. What is it with people in this town? She shrugged and finished preparing the tea, sliding the cup in front of the woman.

"Enjoy," she said, then picked up her rag and wiped the counter down again, even though it was spotless.

Yuri, on the other hand, knew exactly what the woman was. It was hard not to smell it on her; she forced herself not to wrinkle her nose. She had no problems with vampires, she just... well, the smell wasn't all that great. Actually, now that she was paying attention she could pick up the same scent from Vik, albeit faint. It was something she'd always associated with him, but next to a vampire... the gears in her brain started turning.

Surely not. Maybe a friend of his?

Still, she'd keep an eye on him.

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 AM

Fee sat in her big working chair. Her feet drawn together Indian style, while working on a small girls dress. She sat there working the tiny stitch's, as she worked on the small detail she pricked her tiny little finger, with the small trickle of blood an eye brow went up. "time for a brake." she said with a slight smile as she drew her feet back down to the stone floor. Fee softly hovered over the ground, no one really noticed, for it was only about an inch. She prefer not feeling the cold of the floor, but the dear pixie didn't always get what she wanted.

Fee walked over to her small room and shifted back into her human form. She hated how she had to walk on the cold ground, but what was the poor thing supposed to do. "what to ware what to ware." she said softly looking threw her dresses. After a few moments of looking she finally picked a soft cream colored dress with red trim on the bottom edge of the skirt, then red ascents on the sleeves. Fee smiled as she put it on and twirled, she looked in the mirror and softly smiled. "just right." she said as she looked out her window. "Now time for the dinner." Fee said.

She got into her small car and drove to the small dinner. There where a few other beings there. A quarky smile crossed her lips. "Time for some fun." she said to her self. She opened the door and as for a seat, and when she was sat she looked about the tables. A vampire, and well she couldn't quite put a finger on the other being. Fee stated with the trouble first by looking at a salt shaker. She loosened the lid and hoped that someone would use it.