Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKaruriex View Post
I'm one of the strange people that actually like the Twilight Saga.

Sure the characters are a little 'meh' but it was a good read that kept my attention.
I wish people would stop bashing it so much.
You're not strange for liking it, you aren't strange until you try to beat someone black and blue for not liking it. And bashing is fun, not just when it comes to twilight either, were' not really serious here so don't mind it.

On another note, I have read the twilight Manga the art actually bothers me. It's a bit flat and lifeless. The style is nice but it lacks personality.

Razial
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM

in my opinion any thing is better then Twilight. but if i had to choose sides id go with the one i know would win ALUCARD!

coconutberry
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2011, 06:13 PM

I've never watched Hellsing, but the fact that it's being compared to Twilight doesn't surprise me. People like to compare just about anything to Twilight, usually just to prove how much Twilight sucks. And to be honest, I don't see why a manga and a novel can't be compared; they both have plots and whatnot, the only difference is that a manga has pictures to go along with it. A manga series can have just as deep a plot as a novel can.

That being said, I'm just waiting for someone to go and compare Twilight to Chibi Vampire/Karin. XD

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Mostly though I've met a lot of people who don't think Manga is a legitimate form of reading so they wouldn't compare it to a "real book" and are under the impression that if it's in novel format it must be more "intelligent" than a manga. Some one actually said once: "Twilight is better because it's a novel so the author worked harder."

De-activated

Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 PM

Never read Hellsing, but since I hate Twilight, I choose Hellsing!

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 03-13-2011, 08:07 AM

Ahhh....I've seen Alucard vs. Edward stuff...and I do find it kind of amusing, but I do agree...it's two different types of books.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 AM

While I don't think Manga is any less "intelligent" than a regular novel but mediums aside there really isn't a legitimate way to compare Hellsing and Twilight. They are both targeted at a different demographic and really all they have in common is vampires. (I know there's debate about Edward's vampirism but that's what he's supposed to be and for the sake of simplicity that's what I'll call him.) And because the only writing you get in Manga is dialogue you can't really compare the composition of the stories.

In reality the only way these two can be compared is as a joke about Alucard owning Edward or to try and compare the characters to each other.

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Alucard would not only pwn Edward, he'd probably leave Forks a gaping hole in the ground.