Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 AM

((:sweat: Sorry for the delay! Es just got a job, so she's trying to juggle work and life, Mene and friends. :sarcasm:

Kriemedesan:, deary, would you mind replying to Abel for me? :kiss: Thank you!!))

MintyRey
N00b

Old 07-04-2012, 05:01 AM

[Oh snap! I knew I forgot to reply to someone :headdesk:

@dragonjake: The adventures of the dragon, the two Outlaws, the kid, and the monkey. That's what can't end this way :(

@Esmme: It's alright :) I think a lot of people have also gotten a little busy lately. I know April's having writer's block so we won't be hearing from her for a while. She's also house sitting for our aunt who went to Las Vegas for a week. So poops to me who's hoping she'd post something soon >:I

I also can't post a lot this week because our cousin's coming to visit from Texas and she'll be staying over at our messy house. I have been facing an epic cleaning quest. Deadline's tomorrow x___x

Congratulations on getting a job, by the way! :boogie: And I hope it won't become the kind that will stress you out ;)]

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 AM

((I agree minty D:
Congratulations Es! :glomp:))

Esmme

Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 AM

((Alright, Es is a bad girl. I have been thinking about this plot and thread for FOREVER. Yet here I am. Still haven't replied. I just . . . had to share this with you!))

Quote:

I am the nightmare that haunts my dreams. I panic in the white void. I am the pain I feel. There’s no one here. Life has ceased to exist here. Never forgive me, but never forget me.”
The Story Continues:

"The sea sounds lovely." Aesh swooped low, her red wings carrying her over the ground below. It wasn't until they neared a human road when she suggested they curve their path. "I think I will. I want to go with you." Her eyes flickered back to her friend before she laughed. It would be nice to live as a dragon again.

((I don't really know what to do with these two! ))
-

((Awww, Knox is being cute!!! :3))

The briefest flicker of feeling. Something brushed his fingers. The water was winning. He couldn't see, but the jet of water from someone's kicking warned him. Someone was there.

Lost.

His hand fell away, and he felt his lungs finally give in to the need to breathe.

I wasn't strong enough to save you, Alchemy.

See'r was soon lost in the swirl of water and darkness that suddenly filled the ocean.

I wasn't strong enough to save myself.

-

Water. It was too cold. Rayeth's crystal eyes shot open. In his claw he held Alchemy. She was weak, dying, and . . . drowning, now. Just as Byron reached See'r, the dragon surged toward the surface of the ocean. When he broke, the creature lifted Alchemy so she could breathe.

Is she alive?!

The white-scaled creature snorted water away from his nose. With a bellow that would have pleased a larger beast, Rayeth lifted his wings from the water.

Then the heartstone kicked in. Rayeth's cry became human as he shrank, losing mass and draconian features swiftly. Soon, he was struggling against the waves. Alchemy was depending on him. He kept her against him, and pointed himself in the direction of land. They needed to get there.

"Byron!"

The blond swam toward the shore, hoping the girl would make it. He wasn't sure he could help her - especially with Alchemy in his care.

-

((And I suppose I should wait for Kriemedesan: before posting as Abel again.

So sorry for the delay, everyone! Es is trying to get back online!!! *cry* Speaking of which: She will be gone from Monday to Friday. xD))

dragonjake

Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Jake couldn't disagree that the sea sounded wonderful. "It truly does." He replied, not wanting to say much as he focused on flying strait. As the two curved to avoid the human road, hearing the other dragons words he looked a little concerned for her. "But Aesh..." He paused a moment to think his words through, as they flew he shook his head a little. "Are you sure? Coming with me would mean giving up your home and leaving leaving your closest thing to a family... Would you wish to give them up, just to live a life on the run from Zealots?" He asked her while trying not to sound to harsh, he was worried that she would give up her happy life just to live a life on the run.

((We need to take them to some other characters. XD))

MintyRey
N00b

Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 AM

[Yesssssss! Bring Jake and Aesh over to the dark side ]

Panic soon began to consume Byron when she realized his hand was starting to slip out of her reach. With great effort she kicked to propel herself closer to him and soon caught hold of the man's sleeve. Now she had to bring both herself and the blind up to the surface. Fortunately, the same waters that sought to drown them helped make the Outlaw heft manageable enough for Byron to pull along. The girl didn't dare stop until she felt the chilly sea breeze on her face once more. With great greed, she took in the breath of air her lungs so longed for.

Their return to the water's surface was rejoiced by Knox who quickly paddled towards them. Upon reuniting with his owner, the primate clambered onto her head. While it was a good thing for Knox, it only made things a little more difficult for Byron who was trying to keep someone else aside from herself afloat.
"Mister are you alright?!" she asked hastily, looking to the man to see if he was conscious. It was hard to say for sure, what with the cloth covering his eyes. "I can't keep you up by myself. Please tell me you can swim!"

As she waited for his reply, Byron took the chance to look around to see where they were or where they could swim to. However, everything was dark. The sky only looked somewhat brighter than the ocean thanks to the stars that speckled it. But soon she heard someone shout her name. It was Rayeth! After gathering up her strength, Byron started swimming to where the dragon's voice had come from. She continued to tug along the silver-haired male, although she was beginning to wonder if he knew how to swim at all. Eventually she was able to make out the outline of two people in the water ahead of them as well as the outline of a shore. "We're almost there!" she exclaimed in an effort to reassure both the blind and herself.

[I'm keeping this a little vague because I'm not sure if See'r lost consciousness or not ]

dragonjake

Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 PM

((Good idea. :XP We should take them back into the fight :O))

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 AM

Red eyes stared up into the inky black sky as branches of trees crept into her vision every now and then by way of a strong wind. There was something that ghosted through her mind never solidifying into a solid thought but something felt off. Shifting her body weight, that felt much heavier then she remembered it being, so that she could lean up braced by her arms she took in the forest around her. Again a fleeting feeling of wrongness as she stared out at the silent woods. Was it the color of the tree bark or the eerie silence that seemed to coat everything maybe it was that fact that even with a moonless sky hanging above there was an ever present light that lined the silence. Then the feeling was gone and the odd forest seemed normal once more. Pushing herself up the crunch of the dry fall leaves cut through the silence like a hot knife through butter and at once the natural sounds of a forest came alive.

The crickets’ song was duller and the wind didn’t have the same harsh tune as she remembered. Though she couldn’t recall the last time she had been standing alone in the woods at night either. Alone? Turning her head to look at the area surrounding her she had to conclude that she was out here alone. Taking a step toward the dark gap between two large trees she listened to the leaves under her feet while she dug through the mist in her mind to remember why she was out here in the first place. Another few steps and the scrapping of twigs on her bare feet were no longer possible to ignore. So she was out in the woods at night with no shoes on. That would explain the chill that wrapped around her legs, which a quick look down told her, were also bare. Sleep walking then. She had done so when she was younger. When was the last time she had wondered out to the forest from her bed? At least now she had some grasp of where she should be going. Home should be somewhere beyond the two trees that she was nearing. Home, yes there was someone at home who would worry if she didn’t make it back soon. The mist in her mind gathered in what she assumed was to be a face before the softest of sound up in the distance scattered the fog that seemed to be her thoughts.

She let her feet guide her as the sound transformed into what was the crying of a small child. Unlike the crickets and the wind the crying was clear as if until that point she had had her head underwater listening to the world through a filter. It did not soften as she walked nor did it grow closer. It was as if the trees were weeping and she was walking through the sound. Still though she made her way through the forest with its slightly off feeling and muted natural sounds.

It was after some time of walking through the pathless forest that she finally stumbled upon the source of the crying. Curled up in the roots of a large tree was the huddled mass of a child. The branches shadowed the color of the child’s cloths and hair. The only thing not oddly lit thing in the forest she was making her way through so that she could get back home. Her quest back would have to be put off to the side for now. She couldn’t leave a child in the woods at night alone. Hadn’t she herself been rescued from these very woods at an age so young she couldn’t remember the life she had before. Bending down so that she balanced on the balls of her feet she rested a hand on the child’s head, which at this close of a distance she could see was a soft blond color. At the touch the crying turned into a mumbled mantra that grew in tone and panic. “Don’t let the monsters get me.” It was broken by sobs and sniffles but the sentence repeated. “ Hey it’s okay.” She pulled her hand back at the sound of her own voice. It was the same muffled sound as the rest of the forest.

She was lost in thought, the mist in her brain starting to turn into solid thoughts, on not only the strange quality of her voice but how wrong everything in the woods around them felt off. Not just off but wrong. She shouldn’t be in these woods. Looking back down at the girl her heart leapt from its place in her chest up into her throat taking a river of bile with it before it plummeted down into her stomach. It wasn’t that the child, a girl, was covered in dirt and blood. She had seen her fair share of blood in her life. It was that she was looking at herself as a young child. Not a little girl with blond hair and the queerest red eyes but her…as a child which is just not possible. The younger her has stopped her mantra about monsters though and just seems to be staring at her. She vaguely remembers that she use to stare at herself like that in mirrors all of the time before following See’r around consumed her days. Oh God See’r. She needs to get out of theses woods.

As if a switch went off younger versions of herselfs’ face contorts and lets out a clear as day scream, “Monsters.” She stumbled back in shock at the outburst and right into what feels like a pair of legs. “Alchemy” her name is said as clear as the child’s scream and why does it feel like she didn’t truly remember her name till just now. Nothing was making much sense.

Turning to face the voice that called her name a burning spread across her skin opening wounds that she now remembered she got as she was dying. That pain, and it was an all consuming pain, was pushed to the side as a feeling so terrifying and familiar rippled through her chest. Bones’ cracking, and muscles tearing as something cold and hard torn through her chest. As the forest lost focused he caught a flash of silver and the wind speaking to her. “you are the most beautiful thing in my life.” The world lost focus as the voice trailed off. Then the taste of blood and slat choked lined her throat and the sound of thunder swimming around her head.

((Anyone who is confused by the above text. That’s what was going on in Alchemy’s mind, her own little purgatory/near death experience. The end was her sort of becoming aware of her surroundings. She’ll be dancing between conciseness and her mind for a few more post.))

---------------

The carnival was something that Lyle always enjoyed attending. The different creatures from across he see and the games it was all worth closing up the office for a few hours. What had truly fascinated him this time was the man who had brought a dragon with him. Of course as a man of science and medicine he knew a human body couldn’t shift into such a marvelous looking creature. The man was a talented illusionist and for that Lyle had enjoyed watching his act. The food was another thing that drew the young doctor to the carnival. There was something about the greasy meat that he couldn’t resist. So like every day he chewed on one of the marinated meat on a stick snacks and walked through the crowd closer to the coast. The crowds were thinner and it was much easier to move around.

He thought nothing of the noise coming from the fair area or the brief shadow that covered the ground. Though the thought of rain did put a light damper on his mood. The loud splash and screaming did however pull his attention away from his tasty snack. Looking out over the ocean the dark haired doctor spotted the splashing figures of at least three people. Dropping his food he quickly made his way over to the docks where a few other men were preparing two rescue boats. “I’d like to join you to provide any medical help.” He let the man that looked to be the one in charge know. If his memory served he had just delivered the man’s third child eight months ago. Getting a nod, it helped that he knew so many of the townspeople; he got onto the first boat that left the docks. It’s didn’t take them long to reach the blond man who up close Lyle could see was holding on to what appeared to be an unconscious young blond girl. The second boat turned off towards the others in the water.

Esmme

Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM

((^___^" Es is back again. These delays are ridiculous. . . . I apologize!

I went to a comic convention as Link, and it was a complete blast! I can't wait for next time!!!

To keep you busy, here is an awesome movie to watch. I didn't make it, but it so DARNED CUTE. <3 I have more on my Tumblr. HAHAHAH!!!))

Aesh smiled sadly. "The Da Vinci family is human. They will soon see that I have not aged a day." Her brown eyes were focused on a distant point as she surged forward with the wind. "Leaving them will keep the Zealots from hunting me there."

The thought of leaving her home, or the home she'd held for the last few years, made her sad. It was necessary, but hard to think of.

"I'll be better off with you, Jake."

Her eyes darted toward an unfamiliar mark on the ground below. Was it a caravan? All the way out here? Maybe a lone traveler. The dragon frowned, her scaled head dipping as she flew lower.

((Should we have them run into the other characters that are waiting for interaction? Like your second character, Jake? :3))
-

Relief flooded through him as Byron responded. The pale dragon kept his grip on Alchemy, praying she would survive. It was a ways to the shore . . . and who knew if they would make it?

"Head back!" He cried over the sound of water. It wasn't stormy, but even the small waves made it difficult to hear. Rayeth glimpsed people on the shore. Someone had heard them. Seen them, even. Fear made his stomach clench, but he wasn't willing to die out here alone. They would accept the help.

"Boats," he muttered, spitting out water as it threatened to choke him. Ensuring that Alchemy's head was above water, he flipped onto his back and wrapped one arm about his companion. Rayeth headed for shore with painfully slow strokes. The blond did his best to keep an eye on Byron as she struggled with See'r and Knox. "Almost there."

-

Another figure quickly helped push the boats out to shore. Devan, Abel's assistant, looked just as worried as the others. As the two boats were rowed out to the victims, the boy's reflective eyes caught on them. He knew what he was looking for. Abel had sent him out here to intervene.

And he knew just how to do it.

Somehow, the doctor and his kind companions missed the slight smile that tugged at the pale youth's lips.
-

Rayeth kept as close as he could to Byron. They stayed together, fighting to stay afloat as the boats paddled closer. "Here!" The dragon called out, swimming as best he could. It was like sheer heaven when the men started to pull them on board. Safety.

Rayeth and Alchemy were helped by the doctor and one of the fishermen. Byron and See'r were aided by the other boat. They were safe . . . or, they were supposed to be.

Rayeth pointed out the wounds on Alchemy, his blue eyes full of worry. She wouldn't live. She couldn't. Not after all of that. "Be strong," he said, keeping the girl pulled against him. Everyone was shivering.

((:D YAY FOR FINALLY POSTING! So sorry for my delay. :/ And that was a GREAT post, Amaya! Great idea, Jake! And perfect reactions, Minty! Yes, See'r is unconscious. ))

dragonjake

Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
((^___^" Es is back again. These delays are ridiculous. . . . I apologize!

I went to a comic convention as Link, and it was a complete blast! I can't wait for next time!!!

To keep you busy, here is an awesome movie to watch. I didn't make it, but it so DARNED CUTE. <3 I have more on my Tumblr. HAHAHAH!!!))

Aesh smiled sadly. "The Da Vinci family is human. They will soon see that I have not aged a day." Her brown eyes were focused on a distant point as she surged forward with the wind. "Leaving them will keep the Zealots from hunting me there."

The thought of leaving her home, or the home she'd held for the last few years, made her sad. It was necessary, but hard to think of.

"I'll be better off with you, Jake."

Her eyes darted toward an unfamiliar mark on the ground below. Was it a caravan? All the way out here? Maybe a lone traveler. The dragon frowned, her scaled head dipping as she flew lower.

((Should we have them run into the other characters that are waiting for interaction? Like your second character, Jake? :3))
-

Relief flooded through him as Byron responded. The pale dragon kept his grip on Alchemy, praying she would survive. It was a ways to the shore . . . and who knew if they would make it?

"Head back!" He cried over the sound of water. It wasn't stormy, but even the small waves made it difficult to hear. Rayeth glimpsed people on the shore. Someone had heard them. Seen them, even. Fear made his stomach clench, but he wasn't willing to die out here alone. They would accept the help.

"Boats," he muttered, spitting out water as it threatened to choke him. Ensuring that Alchemy's head was above water, he flipped onto his back and wrapped one arm about his companion. Rayeth headed for shore with painfully slow strokes. The blond did his best to keep an eye on Byron as she struggled with See'r and Knox. "Almost there."

-

Another figure quickly helped push the boats out to shore. Devan, Abel's assistant, looked just as worried as the others. As the two boats were rowed out to the victims, the boy's reflective eyes caught on them. He knew what he was looking for. Abel had sent him out here to intervene.

And he knew just how to do it.

Somehow, the doctor and his kind companions missed the slight smile that tugged at the pale youth's lips.
-

Rayeth kept as close as he could to Byron. They stayed together, fighting to stay afloat as the boats paddled closer. "Here!" The dragon called out, swimming as best he could. It was like sheer heaven when the men started to pull them on board. Safety.

Rayeth and Alchemy were helped by the doctor and one of the fishermen. Byron and See'r were aided by the other boat. They were safe . . . or, they were supposed to be.

Rayeth pointed out the wounds on Alchemy, his blue eyes full of worry. She wouldn't live. She couldn't. Not after all of that. "Be strong," he said, keeping the girl pulled against him. Everyone was shivering.

((:D YAY FOR FINALLY POSTING! So sorry for my delay. :/ And that was a GREAT post, Amaya! Great idea, Jake! And perfect reactions, Minty! Yes, See'r is unconscious. ))
((I love roleplaying to this song. NORD MEAD! (Skyrim) Full song by Miracle Of Sound - YouTube XD))

Jake listened to his fellow dragon feeling a little sad for her, she seemed to be upset about leaving her familey. But she was right, if the two of them was to stay st the house then the humans would begin to grow suspisious of them or the Zealot would kill all of them just to get to the two dragons.

"You're right Aesh... I'm sorry that you have to leave." He said looking over to her with a little sigh. "But... I will do all I can to help you through the rough times if you need a friend." He said with a slightly dopey grin. Looking at the smaller dragon, he noticed Aesh had spotted something and when he looked to see what it was, he failed to understand what it was. "What is that?"

((That is a epic idea! And then I can start roleplaying with Dante!!!
But for now I will wait until the fall for the trap before posting with him. ))

MintyRey
N00b

Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 PM

Byron was thankful when the gap between her and Rayeth eventually began closing as they all tried to head towards the distant shore. But the girl was tiring quickly so every now and again she had to stop paddling, focusing instead on keeping her and the silver-haired man above water. Although Byron didn't hear what the dragon had muttered, she did catch his words "Almost there!"

Almost where? The shore? It was still far, as much as Byron could tell. Her sight was not as good as Rayeth's was in the dark, however, and she did not see the commotion on the shore. For a while she dismissed her friend's words as something to keep their hopes up. Then the small figure of boats started coming into view.

As Rayeth hailed their rescuers, Byron did her best to keep the blind man's face from dipping too low in the water. "Knox, don't climb on him!", she chided the restless pet, tugging at his blue tail as she tried to guide the monkey back onto her shoulders. Another minute or so of swimming went by before the both the drifters and the boats reached each other.

While the dragon and the woman were helped by one boat, the young acrobat, the blind, and the furball were picked up by the other. The soggy girl thought that it would be great to be out of the water, but now every little breeze sent her shivering even more than she already was. The answers she tried to give to the barrage of questions asked her could, at first, only be conveyed through chattering teeth. "I'm-mm ok-k-kay. B-but-t-t I t-think he's not-t. He's not-t-t awak-k-ke." she said as she watched them lay the man out on the floor of their small boat. Thinking that it might somehow be pertinent to resuscitating someone, she added "And-d he's b-blind-d-d."

In the meantime, Knox let the humans talk amongst themselves and, risking falling into the sea again, clambered onto the edge of the marine vessel and shook off as much water as he could from his fur.

[I've been wondering for the longest time why Esmme's avi looked familiar and I just realized that it's a soaking wet See'r ]

Last edited by MintyRey; 09-22-2012 at 10:51 PM..

Ever_After

Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 AM

The soaking wet woman stretched across the boat had his full attention. Though the water had cleaned off the blood that he suspected had once coated her- there were still some clumps of dried dark blood- the wounds were slowly starting to leak red again. This wasn't a good sign. Taking off his glasses Lyle held the lenses under the girl's nose it took an uncomfortable amount of seconds but soon a small fog had built on the glass. Good she was at least still breathing."We need to get her back to my office she needs medical attention now." Placing his glasses back on his face he moved to inspecting the wound that upon a quick once over looked the worse. The knife in her chest was a dead giveaway that that was the most prominent wound. Who could have done this to the girl. Looking at the blonde haired man they had pulled into the boat, her brother?, "She's still alive. She'll be okay." He put as much reassurances behind his words as he could.

Esmme

Old 06-30-2013, 03:36 AM

((Was it seriously me who dumped this one? ._____.

My gosh. Es, you fool. STAHP DUMPING THE BEST THREADS ON MENE!!! D:<

I should work on a reply. :/ Are you guys still interested in moving this along?))

dragonjake

Old 06-30-2013, 03:10 PM

((Esmme! I am always interested in moving this roleplay along! ^w^ It is so good! ))

Esmme

Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM

((<3 Yay!! I'll wait for the others before starting. I miss all you guys. ;A;))

dragonjake

Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 PM

((I missed you too Esmme! I was beginning to think this roleplay would be dead for ever! But hopefully it will be revived. :D)

Ever_After

Old 07-20-2013, 04:30 PM

(( Sorry I was gone for so long but now I'm back-while still juggling grown up life. Blah- Lets bring this Roleplay back shall we?))

dragonjake

Old 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM

((I agree! This roleplay is far to good to let it die! D: ))

Esmme

Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 AM

((Hey, peeps. :3

I can't wait to get this up and running again! I've been sick, so I've been avoiding Mene due to lack of brain power. xD Sorry! I'll have to get a post in soon. I'll get us moving again.

Good to hear from the both of you! I miss you guys.))

dragonjake

Old 07-25-2013, 05:24 AM

(You be sure to take it easy then Esmme! D: Don't feel rushed, health is more inportant the menewsha. ^^
And It is great to see you again Esmme. :3)

Esmme

Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 PM

((Alright, I heard a Kingdom Hearts song. Guess what came of it? I read the last 2 pages, and am now totally excited about this rp again. :D Not to mention, my sickness is lifting. I might actually get some brainpower to work on this post. ;)

Kriemedesan: MintyRey: I summon thee! Interested in starting this up again? I get the feeling this might be a pivotal time in the plot to start dropping players... :())

Aesh frowned, bringing her flight to circle lower to the ground. She didn't want the traveler seeing them as dragons. Who knew what would happen? " I saw someone," she called to Jake, landing lightly. "I don't want to be seen." She was human again within seconds. The woman shook dark hair from her face, taking a deep breath.

"We should travel on foot for a while. My wings need a rest."

((I still can't remember what we were going to do with these guys. Were we going to make them meet up with Rayeth and the crew? Whew. Three dragons. And they'd all be helping!))
-

Byron's stuttered words seemed to catch everyone's attention. A blind man, in the middle of the sea. A thick blanket was wrapped about Byron, and See'r was immediately tended to. The youth who was inspecting him was Abel's servant - but that was unknown to most.

Devan took in how weak his pulse was, and grinned. He knew what he had to do. For a moment, Devan's red eyes caught Byron's. He looked like he knew more than she did. "He'll be alright," he said, looking back to See'r. The blind male no longer had the cloth about his eyes, and was obviously unconscious. "He just needs some medical attention."

A few moments later, Devan observed Byron and her soaking little friend. "Are you alright?"

They were rowed toward shore steadily, and for once it seemed as though they would actually be safe from Abel's grasp. There was no way that the Zealot could get across the ocean gap between docks in time to get them.
-

Rayeth's blue eyes were locked on Alchemy as the man inspected her. Drained of energy, the dragon huffed a quiet breath. "You people are always so quick to reassure," he said quietly, still watching his companion as she struggled to live. His blue eyes shot up suddenly.

"Where are the others?" His voice turned into a growl as he looked back. The other boat caught his attention, and Rayeth nearly melted into a puddle of relief as he saw a familiar shivering form. As he released a pent up breath, the dragon seemed to lose what little energy he had left.

His composure was regained quickly, and he gave the supposed doctor a piercing look. "Don't play games with me," he said bluntly. "I don't want your coddling, or word play. How much of a chance does she have?"

-

((And See'r and Alchemy are out cold. The saddest part ... they are each going to think the other died. D: Say goodbye to See'r....))

Ever_After

Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 AM

Her chances? Frankly he was a little surprised she was still breathing with the level of damage her body had taken. Slipping between his nose and his glasses Lyle rubbed out the beginnings of a headache and looked at the soaked blond man. there was a set to his jaw that the doctor had seen plenty of times in people expecting the worse. " It doesn't look good." The girl made a noise in the back of her throat as the boat rocked, small and barely audible, as he laid his hands on her shoulders to steady her. "I won't be able to tell the full extent of the damage till I can fully examine her. Other smaller wounds were staring to bubble up with blood the drier her skin got. " Can you tell me what happened to her and if anyone on the other boat is as badly injured." Looking up from the girl, she couldn't have been older then her late teens, he stared at Rayeth awaiting an answer. They were drawing closer to the shore and silently he prayed that the men would row faster. Her chances were not good at all.

There thing smelt of rain and wind and cold. She felt numb and heavy in the limbs but the brief waves of pain would shock her into moments of awareness. In those brief moments she would remember where she was, what had happened, and she would fear. Then it would all be gone and she would be left with mist for thoughts and a cold nothingness.

(( kind of crap I know. I'm a little rusty I haven't roleplayed for some time. Italics is Alchemy in her mind.))

Esmme

Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 AM

((I think you're post is great. :) I know the feeling. I haven't rped in ... at least weeks. Maybe more like a month. :/ That's extremely unusual for me. LOL))

"She was stabbed," Rayeth listened, looking both bothered and slightly distant from the situation. The dragon's instincts were kicking in. It was time to distance himself from what was happening ... though the risk of a lowered human awareness was the anger of the dragon. It was heightened by the smell of blood.

He didn't allow himself to ignore it. Rayeth closed his eyes and swallowed his desire to be away from the emotion. Instead, he faced it. "Abel. A Zealot stabbed her." He didn't recount the story - it wasn't what a dying woman needed to relive if she could hear him.

Rayeth's icy gaze met the doctors for a few moments before he turned his attention to Alchemy. He could hear her heart stuttering. With a hiss, he reached forward and put a frigid hand on the girl's forehead. "She's dying." Luckily, the shore was less than a minute away now.

As they approached, Rayeth grit his teeth. More humans. He hated humans. "Do what you can." His words were directed to to doctor, but once again the dragon's attention focused on Alchemy. These people fought against Abel - they deserved to live. They deserved all the help they could get.

((We'll get them ashore, since they're in their own boat. >:)))

Ever_After

Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 AM

He had guessed she was stabbed, the small blade was still embedded in her chest. It moved every time the girl tried to breath which was too few and far between for his liking. At least they had an idea now who had done this to her. Abel, the illusionist who had been in town for the fair. He had seen his show just the day before.

The shore was getting closer, he could see men gathering on the docks. Good. "How about the ones on the other boat?Are there any in the same shape as...." He didn't know the poor girls name, or even the name of the blond male in front of him.

They reached the dock with a slight Jerk as men reached in to help the others out. " Gentle the girl needs to be taken to my office immediately." Turning back towards the man he now recognized as the man used for the dragon illusion, "Do the others need medical attention as well?" The young girl didn't have much time.

Esmme

Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 AM

As someone reached to take Alchemy from him, Rayeth gave a growl that befitted a dragon. He stared at the man till he backed off, then easily took her in his arms. He was surprisingly gentle with her, and would be able to carry her more easily than any single human male.

"The others will be fine," he said, glancing to see the others docking as well. All they needed was some dry clothes and some warm drinks. Alchemy, though....

Rayeth turned his attention back to the doctor. "Lead." The single word was followed by a slight intake of breath. He could feel Abel searching for him with the heartstone. He would have to leave Alchemy in the hands of the doctor, or risk bringing the Zealot to her.

A cold expression flit over his face as Rayeth drew Alchemy closer. "The girl requires every bit of skill that you have, human. Leave the others. They are wet and cold." He frowned. "Alchemy needs you."

((I'll wait for Minty before posting for See'r, since Byron is in his boat. :3))