Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-17-2016, 05:23 PM

Callie rolled her shoulders a bit as she settled in for her first day of work after her vacation. It was different, not what she was used to, but it was a similar position to the one she actually held in New York, so it couldn't be that difficult. Besides, she was prepared, she knew what to expect. At least approximately. And really, she was only about three thousand miles off from her job, so not that bad, right?

Grinning, she typed in the password and settled in to familiarize herself with the systems and how things worked. She did type out a quick text to her sister, too.

So far so good. A bit jetlagged, but that's to be expected.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-17-2016, 05:40 PM

Valerie was also settling in to her first day back from vacation. It was definitely not the same environment she was used to, but it had that same atmosphere of "we're here to save the world" that her own job had. Cracking her shoulders and elbows, she booted up the computer and then texted her sister back.

You didn't warn me about the pack of robotic vaccuum cleaners. I feel like those should have warranted a warning.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-17-2016, 05:44 PM

Oh the Roombas. Yeah, they're awesome. Drop the leavings from the hole puncher every once in a while, they love it. Callie grinned, completely unrepentant about that. Really, the Roombas weren't so bad. Besides, she was fairly sure she'd run across something that Valerie had forgotten to warn her about.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-17-2016, 10:37 PM

This place is insane. She paused and grinned a bit. How are the new earrings treating you? Now that we have the same number of piercings.

She shuffled through some of the things on the desk, familiarizing herself with it. It was definitely not the same as the desk she'd left.

So what am I picking up from you? Anything critical I need to keep an eye on?

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-17-2016, 11:14 PM

Callie grinned a bit. New earrings are fine so far, healing up nicely. I didn't leave anything super important, but there is some paperwork you could finish up for me if you want to get familiar with the paperwork.

She did pause for a moment when an alert popped up.

Shit, new assignment already?

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-18-2016, 12:42 AM

Valerie nearly cackled.

Good luck~ she replied. Enjoy fashion show of suits.

With that, she set her phone down and started sifting through the emails in the inbox. She did, however, occasionally glance at the vents in the ceiling. Her sister HAD warned her about Agent Barton.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-18-2016, 06:34 AM

Swearing quietly to herself, Callie gathered up her things and went to go find out what her new mission was and hope she didn't muck up too badly.

Barton restrained himself until a little after lunch time. And then he dropped down from the vent in the little office, somehow carrying two to-go cups with him.

"Don't worry, I remembered, switch to tea after lunch unless it's a bad day," Clint said, because clearly this was something that had been brought up often.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-18-2016, 10:21 PM

Merlin was waiting for them with the usual briefing packet. He did a slight double-take when she came into the room and raised an eyebrow, but didn't get the chance to speak before Harry and Eggsy came in.

"Well, well, Eggsy, unusually prompt of you to show up the first time I call," he commented.

"Excellent," Valerie said, accepting the cup with a bit of a grin. Yes, tea was exactly what she wanted. She'd gotten used to actual afternoon tea while working for the Round Table, and it was odd not to have any at all.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-18-2016, 10:30 PM

"Has to happen occasionally," Eggsy said with a grin. "Else I get predictable."

Callie snorted quietly. Fortunately, Valerie had told her about Eggsy, so she'd been forewarned. She was feeling a little paranoid about that double-take, but she didn't let that show. Instead she took the briefing packet, looking through it quickly.

Clint grinned and sat in the chair on the other side of the desk, putting his boots up on the edge. "How was your vacation?" he asked, clearly settling in to chat and distract her for a while.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-18-2016, 10:47 PM

"Indeed," Merlin said. He gave them a few moments to look through the packets. "As you can see, your mission is to infiltrate the fine art auction coming up in a couple of days. The auction will be taking place at a gala, so it will require the three of you to pull off. Galahad, I've secured your invitation, you will take Valerie--"

"Wait a minute, Merlin," Eggsy broke in, "Why her, why not Roxy?"

"Lancelot is on her own mission at the moment," Merlin replied. "Valerie will have to do. Now, moving on, Eggsy, you'll be posing as their valet, this will give you the freedom to roam around as needed. Do keep your focus on the mission."

"Boots off the desk," Valerie said absently, taking a sip of her tea. It was decent, for cheap bag tea. She'd have to bring some good stuff in with her. "Vacation was great. Even better, it was safe. Met up with some family while I was gone, went out and did things."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-18-2016, 10:55 PM

Callie blinked a little, but she'd done ops before, so she wasn't too upset. She did make sure to look over her cover and made a mental note to buy a suitable dress.

Eggsy did pout a little at that, and then he looked at Harry with a shit-eating grin. "Guess you like younger birds, bruv," he said. Callie choked on her snort.

Clint huffed. "Details, woman," he grumbled. "Before I go find out where you went myself. C'mon, 'fess up, where did you go? And what family, I thought you didn't have much family?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-19-2016, 01:42 AM

Harry just gave a long-suffering sort of sigh.

"Do try to behave on this mission, Eggsy," he said. "You remember what happened last time."

"Valerie, I'm aware this is not your typical sort of assignment, therefore I will make sure suitable attire is provided for you," Merlin added, looking at Callie. "Please try to bring these two back in as many pieces as they left in."

"I went to the Bahamas," Valerie said, shrugging a bit. "With my sister. I told you about my sister, didn't I?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-19-2016, 01:51 AM

"No promises but I'll try," Callie agreed with a little grin. She could already tell this was going to be a very interesting experience.

"Yeah, a bit," Clint agreed. "Not that you ever tell me much, you tease." He gave her a bit of a stink-eye over his coffee.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-19-2016, 02:30 PM

"God knows it's a challenge," Merlin agreed. He looked at her carefully again before nodding and turning away again. "Best prepare yourselves, you leave in exactly four hours."

Valerie raised an eyebrow.

"Since when does anyone in an intelligence agency just volunteer information about family?" she pointed out. She took a dainty sip of her tea.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-19-2016, 03:44 PM

Callie nodded and stood so she could read the briefing more thoroughly. Fortunately she'd done similar things with SHIELD.

"I bet I could find someone," Clint grumbled. But it was mostly for show anyway.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-19-2016, 11:32 PM

Harry was flicking through his own packet. So far it all seemed pretty standard, as far as missions went, though he was surprised that Valerie was going with them. That was new.

"Around here? Good luck," Valerie snorted. She smirked. "Unless you want to volunteer, then by all means."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-19-2016, 11:38 PM

"Well, this should be interesting," Callie murmured. "See you guys in four hours then, yeah?" She grinned a bit at both of them before she headed out. Hopefully Merlin was just being suspicious.

Clint stuck out his tongue at her before he took another swig of his coffee. "Fine, be that way, see if I tell you stuff anymore."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-21-2016, 09:17 PM

"Indeed," Harry said, nodding. Turning, he left the briefing room. He had a suit or two to pick out, and he had to pick out Eggsy's valet outfit as well.

"Did you really just come to my desk for gossip?" Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow. "Don't you have junior agents to be terrorizing?" Callie had definitely warned her about that; she'd also been warned that some of the crying baby agents sometimes turned up at her desk.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 PM

Four hours passed faster than she really wanted, but Callie was prepped. Merlin was as good as his word, and had delivered a dress to her. She also picked out a nice pair of heels, did her hair, and she was ready.

"Nah, they've got a day off," Clint said with a little wave. "Coulson threatened me if I went after 'em today."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-21-2016, 11:02 PM

Harry was waiting for her when she came out, and he politely offered her his arm.

"Shall we?" he asked.

Valerie snickered, hiding it behind her hand politely.

"Am I the only one who doesn't threaten to shoot you for bugging them?" she asked.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-21-2016, 11:05 PM

"If we must." But Callie smiled and took his arm, steps sure and steady. "Not exactly an average Tuesday night, but sure, why not."

Clint actually paused, considering that.

"Nat goes both ways," he said with a shrug. "Depends on her mood."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-21-2016, 11:32 PM

"Indeed." Harry quirked the slightest smile and walked her out to the car, where Eggsy was holding the door open. The younger Kingsman had evidently slipped into his role as the valet easily; Eggsy really was a good actor when he needed to be, and he enjoyed going on missions like a good, old-fashioned spy. Harry gestured to the open car door. "After you, my dear."

"And when she's not threatening to kill you?" Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 PM

"Thank you." Callie slid into the car easily, settling in for the trip. Fortunately, she didn't have to do much for this mission, mostly just be nice arm candy and do some talking.

"She's encouraging me," Clint said with a grin. "It's either one or the other with her. And when I get in trouble for it she never does."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-21-2016, 11:58 PM

Once they were in, Eggsy got into the driver's seat. It was just easier for him to be the driver, rather than them having someone else do it, since he was already going to be there anyways. The ride to the gala was rather short, which didn't give them much time to mentally prepare before Eggsy was pulling up in front to let them out.

"Who is really going to try to get her in trouble, though?" Valerie pointed out, grinning a bit. "Be honest, who has the balls to do that?"

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-22-2016, 12:07 AM

Callie waited for one of them to open her door, since that was expected of her, and then got out. No paps at least, that was good.

"Well, this'll be interesting," she muttered.

"Coulson and Fury are about the only two," Clint admitted with a shrug. "They're the only two who can make it stick, either."