Present and accounted for! 20 58.82%
Sometimes. :3 11 32.35%
Not really. 1 2.94%
I'm just here for the snacks!! 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-30-2015, 05:55 AM

Come on in and welcome to Emma's Night Owl Hangout! I'm a major night owl when I'm not on a college schedule, and insomnia is a frequent visitor, so I wanted to create a safe haven for all you other insomniac night owls that gather on Menewsha!
You don't have to just post at random hours of the night either, regular hours are fine too!
I'd love to find some new chatting buddies now that I'm back for a fairly regular interval, so I thought a hangout would be the perfect starting place!
So stop in, start a conversation, or join one that's already started. I'd love to chat!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Come on in and welcome to Emma's Night Owl Hangout! I'm a major night owl when I'm not on a college schedule, and insomnia is a frequent visitor, so I wanted to create a safe haven for all you other insomniac night owls that gather on Menewsha!
You don't have to just post at random hours of the night either, regular hours are fine too!
I'd love to find some new chatting buddies now that I'm back for a fairly regular interval, so I thought a hangout would be the perfect starting place!
So stop in, start a conversation, or join one that's already started. I'd love to chat!
I'm willing to be a chatting buddy, gaming buddy, RPing buddy, or whatever sort of buddy might be possible about these parts. BUDDY!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-30-2015, 02:58 PM

I was contemplating adding another hangout to the wagon, but then I remembered who I am and what Mene has been.

I guess the Night Shift Mene thread is no more.

Making yourself pass out at 4 AM because otherwise you'd be up all night is the life.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-30-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post
I'm willing to be a chatting buddy, gaming buddy, RPing buddy, or whatever sort of buddy might be possible about these parts. BUDDY!
Bwahaha - I remember that guy from Cartoon Network! He always drove me NUTS when his segments came on! If I remember correctly, he had a talk-show type background?

So how are you? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I was contemplating adding another hangout to the wagon, but then I remembered who I am and what Mene has been.

I guess the Night Shift Mene thread is no more.

Making yourself pass out at 4 AM because otherwise you'd be up all night is the life.

I'm not really familiar with the Hangouts section so I couldn't be sure - they're usually wayy too fast for me to keep up with, especially during the day, so that's why I went with my own because I'd have a better shot of keeping up! :D

I've been having crazyy insomnia lately because I've just been very uncomfortable every time I lay down lately - I was good while I was on vacation but before and after it's been a nightmare - I didn't sleep until like, 9am this morning T_T;

Luckily I'm on break from college so I have this freedom until August rolls around, but dang it's not fun! Any tricks to making yourself fall asleep? I've tried watching TV on low, I've tried watching subtitled anime on low, I've tried playing games on Menewsha and even Neopets (they have some awesome games over there - Pyramids for one is addicting lol) - nothing works lol

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Bwahaha - I remember that guy from Cartoon Network! He always drove me NUTS when his segments came on! If I remember correctly, he had a talk-show type background?

So how are you? :D

I'm not really familiar with the Hangouts section so I couldn't be sure - they're usually wayy too fast for me to keep up with, especially during the day, so that's why I went with my own because I'd have a better shot of keeping up! :D

I've been having crazyy insomnia lately because I've just been very uncomfortable every time I lay down lately - I was good while I was on vacation but before and after it's been a nightmare - I didn't sleep until like, 9am this morning T_T;

Luckily I'm on break from college so I have this freedom until August rolls around, but dang it's not fun! Any tricks to making yourself fall asleep? I've tried watching TV on low, I've tried watching subtitled anime on low, I've tried playing games on Menewsha and even Neopets (they have some awesome games over there - Pyramids for one is addicting lol) - nothing works lol
Kinda sorta. Cartoon Planet wasn't the talk show that Space Ghost Coast To Coast was, but I feel where you're coming from. I'm ok for the most part. And just to drive you more nuts:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-30-2015, 10:44 PM

-has no idea what Space Ghost Coast to Coast is-
But yes! Cartoon Planet was what I'm referring to! Back when he introduced cartoons with another guy... he popped in and had a weird voice like Brak - I wanna say he was yellow? Gosh that was so long ago lol! I was a a little kid when that was on the air!! Didn't they bring that segment back recently? I recall seeing it again when in high school, but I don't recall seeing it recently.

Omg. YES. This sort of stuff!! And the Cartoon Planet song.. ugh..

WAIT! At the end of that horrible video I recognized the guy with the black mask, and I clicked that video - and the guy is green-yellow-blue-ish - his color changes a lot in the video lol But yes! Those 3 guys are who I remember!!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-31-2015, 12:06 AM

Cartoon Planet had Space Ghost, Brak, and Zorak hosting that. At least the 90's version of it.

Strange that you remember it, but not quite, isn't it?

Yes, strange.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 AM

Hello!! I'm an occasional night owl - it depends on when my insomnia acts up.
How're y'all doing?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Cartoon Planet had Space Ghost, Brak, and Zorak hosting that. At least the 90's version of it.

Strange that you remember it, but not quite, isn't it?

Yes, strange.
Yup! That's the version that I remember! I still think they brought it back recently - I just looked it up and yeah - they brought it briefly back from 2012-2014 - these are the shows I really remember it airing during :3

SPOILERX

Final programming

Dexter's Laboratory (2012–2014)
Johnny Bravo (2012-2014)
The Powerpuff Girls (2012–2014)
Ed, Edd n Eddy (2012-2013)
Courage the Cowardly Dog (2012–2014)
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (2012-2014)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (2012-2013)
Camp Lazlo (2012–2014)
Chowder (2012-2014)

Former programs

Cow and Chicken (2012-2013)
I Am Weasel (2012–2013)
Grim and Evil (2012-2013)
Codename: Kids Next Door (2012-2014)
Evil Con Carne (2012-2013)
My Gym Partner's A Monkey (2012-2013)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (2012-2014)
Robotomy (2013)
The Problem Solverz (2013)
The Amazing World of Gumball (2013-2014)
Secret Mountain Fort Awesome (2013)
Scaredy Squirrel (2013)
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange (2013-2014)
Tom & Jerry Tales (2013)
Almost Naked Animals (2013)
MAD (2013-2014)
The Garfield Show (2013)
Johnny Test (2013-2014)

I didn't watch all of these, but a good portion lol!

It really is funny how your brain remembers things! I knew exactly what he looked like, but his coloring was unclear - I think I as getting the yellow from his outfit :3 Or perhaps I was mixing his coloring with the guy in the black mask because I didn't remember him until I saw him and then I'm like OH YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
Hello!! I'm an occasional night owl - it depends on when my insomnia acts up.
How're y'all doing?
Not too bad! I'm currently unpacking souvenirs from my vacation last week while I watch a new anime I picked up on Hulu! Had to watch the movie and specials etc. online, but I found a really great website that had everything but the movie, including the actual show, so it wasn't too bad! Now I'm back to Hulu though so I can use my computer while I watch haha I watch it subbed so I can't do anything else when I'm watching it on the computer!

How're you? :)

Also - just noticed your avi when I posted - I loveeee it! :D It really tells a great story - and it's a great use of the underwater backgrounds!!

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Not too bad! I'm currently unpacking souvenirs from my vacation last week while I watch a new anime I picked up on Hulu! Had to watch the movie and specials etc. online, but I found a really great website that had everything but the movie, including the actual show, so it wasn't too bad! Now I'm back to Hulu though so I can use my computer while I watch haha I watch it subbed so I can't do anything else when I'm watching it on the computer!

Also - just noticed your avi when I posted - I loveeee it! :D It really tells a great story - and it's a great use of the underwater backgrounds!!
Sounds nice! Where did you go on holiday? :)

I'm doin alright. Just finished giving the girls their baths, and the hubs is getting them both to bed now. :)

Awww, thank you! It's my super mum avatar, and I only use that background because I don't have an actual sky background as I'm poor and not on the site enough to make enough to purchase one for myself. :P

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 02:46 AM

Not too far - just down to PA (I live in NY) - went to visit family down near Hershey over Memorial Weekend! We went to Chocolate World, Hershey Gardens, Lancaster, and Turkey Hill while we were down there - it was super fun!! We even brought home a yellow rose bush from Hershey Gardens! <3

Lol! Aw - well it still looks awesome - I think it was a really creative use! Even if it was a last resort
You should check out the exchange forum - people on there tend to give better deals than in the Marketplace! Rainbows of Iris is my go-to for a sky - it's older, but it's my favorite :3 Should be able to get one fairly reasonably in the forum! I do agree that we need a lot more background options though - they're kind of minimal in comparison to everything else - but there's still some good ones to choose from :3 I think that's probably the point I struggle with with my avis though - the background. It's such a pain T_T;

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-31-2015, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Yup! That's the version that I remember! I still think they brought it back recently - I just looked it up and yeah - they brought it briefly back from 2012-2014 - these are the shows I really remember it airing during :3

SPOILERX

Final programming

Dexter's Laboratory (2012–2014)
Johnny Bravo (2012-2014)
The Powerpuff Girls (2012–2014)
Ed, Edd n Eddy (2012-2013)
Courage the Cowardly Dog (2012–2014)
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (2012-2014)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (2012-2013)
Camp Lazlo (2012–2014)
Chowder (2012-2014)

Former programs

Cow and Chicken (2012-2013)
I Am Weasel (2012–2013)
Grim and Evil (2012-2013)
Codename: Kids Next Door (2012-2014)
Evil Con Carne (2012-2013)
My Gym Partner's A Monkey (2012-2013)
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (2012-2014)
Robotomy (2013)
The Problem Solverz (2013)
The Amazing World of Gumball (2013-2014)
Secret Mountain Fort Awesome (2013)
Scaredy Squirrel (2013)
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange (2013-2014)
Tom & Jerry Tales (2013)
Almost Naked Animals (2013)
MAD (2013-2014)
The Garfield Show (2013)
Johnny Test (2013-2014)

I didn't watch all of these, but a good portion lol!

It really is funny how your brain remembers things! I knew exactly what he looked like, but his coloring was unclear - I think I as getting the yellow from his outfit :3 Or perhaps I was mixing his coloring with the guy in the black mask because I didn't remember him until I saw him and then I'm like OH YEAH!

Hope you didn't mind my posting random Youtube vids to spice up my posts and well... probably just to mess with peeps around here.

But... if it turns out you did mind...

-sees red in your eyes-

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 02:55 AM

That still sounds fun! :D I wish I was better at gardening - I tend to kill most things I get my hands on.

Thank you.
Eh, I don't have the time or energy to figure out that forum right now - I barely have time these days to get on, my daughters take up most of my free time. But that's ok. It's not real life, this site, so it's ok. I don't mind it not being actual sky... It's blue that's what matters.. =] I tried to figure out the exchange years back, it confused and frustrated me, so I never full bothered to figure it out.

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 07:57 PM ----------

Just be careful that the overload of videos isn't viewed as spam.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Hope you didn't mind my posting random Youtube vids to spice up my posts and well... probably just to mess with peeps around here.

But... if it turns out you did mind...

-sees red in your eyes-
I'm not sure if I'd recommend it! As Livi said, I think it's going to be considered spam - plus it's going to put a lot of loading time into the thread so I'm not sure if I would! Occasional isn't bad - but every post is a bit much!

Quote:
That still sounds fun! :D I wish I was better at gardening - I tend to kill most things I get my hands on.

Thank you.
Eh, I don't have the time or energy to figure out that forum right now - I barely have time these days to get on, my daughters take up most of my free time. But that's ok. It's not real life, this site, so it's ok. I don't mind it not being actual sky... It's blue that's what matters.. =] I tried to figure out the exchange years back, it confused and frustrated me, so I never full bothered to figure it out.

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 07:57 PM ----------

Just be careful that the overload of videos isn't viewed as spam.
I'm good with the bushes and such that you don't really have to do anything with but maintain after everything's dead on it for the season - I really wan to try box gardening with veggies and such! I have lower back problems from an accident I had years ago that prevents me from squatting, being on my knees, etc. for more than 5-10 minutes max, so I haven't been that involved in it, but after watching a Tori & Dean renovation series where they did that, I'm like OMG - THINGS CAN GROW IN THOSE!! So now that is my goal for next year :3

Aw - that's unfortunate you had that experience! :( Well if you ever give it a shot again try a thread by a person named Roachi - she's really nice and has a ton of newer and older CIs and such for sale, so she might have something for you! And I'm sure she'd have no problem explaining how it works! :3

Oh I can imagine! When my cousins' kiddos come up to visit, my time is totally consumed with them from the moment they wake up to the moment they finally fall asleep haha They range in age from a little over a year to 6 - they're quite a handful!! Especially the little ones - but I loveee when they visit! Especially because they're so much better at touching my stuff than my other cousin's kids XD; Luckily they don't come up from Texas very often, and the next time they come up they'll be in elementary school so hopefully better behaved! :P

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-31-2015, 03:11 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'd recommend it! As Livi said, I think it's going to be considered spam - plus it's going to put a lot of loading time into the thread so I'm not sure if I would! Occasional isn't bad - but every post is a bit much!

I'm good with the bushes and such that you don't really have to do anything with but maintain after everything's dead on it for the season - I really wan to try box gardening with veggies and such! I have lower back problems from an accident I had years ago that prevents me from squatting, being on my knees, etc. for more than 5-10 minutes max, so I haven't been that involved in it, but after watching a Tori & Dean renovation series where they did that, I'm like OMG - THINGS CAN GROW IN THOSE!! So now that is my goal for next year :3

Aw - that's unfortunate you had that experience! :( Well if you ever give it a shot again try a thread by a person named Roachi - she's really nice and has a ton of newer and older CIs and such for sale, so she might have something for you! And I'm sure she'd have no problem explaining how it works! :3

Oh I can imagine! When my cousins' kiddos come up to visit, my time is totally consumed with them from the moment they wake up to the moment they finally fall asleep haha They range in age from a little over a year to 6 - they're quite a handful!! Especially the little ones - but I loveee when they visit! Especially because they're so much better at touching my stuff than my other cousin's kids XD; Luckily they don't come up from Texas very often, and the next time they come up they'll be in elementary school so hopefully better behaved! :P
Ah, ok, I'll try to find other means to mess around around here then. I mean, sometimes, you just gotta mess around with peeps.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 AM

Quote:

Oh, that would be a good idea! I do hope that it works out for you! It would be a fun project for me to do with my girls - well at least Becca.

Eh, it's ok. I doubt I'll try again - that takes way more time and energy than I have the time for. Ask anyone on here who knows me - they'll tell you how little I'm on these days. I get on for a bit, and then don't sign for half a month to a month, usually more. That's how little free time I usually have. :/

Yeah, and we now have two walking kids - my youngest is still getting the hang of it, but boy, is she fast when she crawls. And they go in opposite directions too. Kids get into everything - that's just the unwritten rule with kids. You learn to understand that. My girls get into EVERYTHING if it's down at their level.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 AM

I suppose haha Conversation is always good too though! :D

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 03:13 AM

Messing around with people really isn't good though - it's knowing limits and not having people feel like it's spam or harassment. There's a fine line there, at least to me. But maybe that's just me.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Oh, that would be a good idea! I do hope that it works out for you! It would be a fun project for me to do with my girls - well at least Becca.

Eh, it's ok. I doubt I'll try again - that takes way more time and energy than I have the time for. Ask anyone on here who knows me - they'll tell you how little I'm on these days. I get on for a bit, and then don't sign for half a month to a month, usually more. That's how little free time I usually have. :/

Yeah, and we now have two walking kids - my youngest is still getting the hang of it, but boy, is she fast when she crawls. And they go in opposite directions too. Kids get into everything - that's just the unwritten rule with kids. You learn to understand that. My girls get into EVERYTHING if it's down at their level.
Oh I agree - at least with my cousins' kiddos they have a ball when they can do things like that! If you have time this summer then I would definitely recommend a small box flower garden you can keep on your porch or on a table or something - that way it's easily accessible without having to worry about weeding etc - or if you want to do that part do then a small flower bed is always nice!

Ohhh - gotcha :3

Oh I bet! My cousin's one year old is sooo fast - she started walking when we visited in March and she was a crazy fast crawler then - you'd blink and she'd be in another room! Always had to keep an eye on her lol Especially because she was feeling out how to walk :3 Now she's a pro lol I don't know what we're going to do with her!!

Ain't that the truth! They were actually REALLY good for the longest time - never touched anything then the OTHER kiddos popped up for a visit with them one year and that's when all heck broke loose lol Then again, those kiddos write on walls and literally do everything you SHOULDN'T be doing because my cousin doesn't discipline XD; But what can you do? They'll grow out of it eventually! Until then, they stay out of my room - too many valuables!

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Messing around with people really isn't good though - it's knowing limits and not having people feel like it's spam or harassment. There's a fine line there, at least to me. But maybe that's just me.
Nope I agree too lol Conversation is always best! Teasing or goofing around is okay, as long as it's not pointless or harassment - just have to know when to do it and when not to etc. There has to be conversation going on as well though or it really is just pointless posting for gold and it'll probably be brought up about spam :3

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Oh I agree - at least with my cousins' kiddos they have a ball when they can do things like that! If you have time this summer then I would definitely recommend a small box flower garden you can keep on your porch or on a table or something - that way it's easily accessible without having to worry about weeding etc - or if you want to do that part do then a small flower bed is always nice!

Ohhh - gotcha :3

Oh I bet! My cousin's one year old is sooo fast - she started walking when we visited in March and she was a crazy fast crawler then - you'd blink and she'd be in another room! Always had to keep an eye on her lol Especially because she was feeling out how to walk :3 Now she's a pro lol I don't know what we're going to do with her!!

Ain't that the truth! They were actually REALLY good for the longest time - never touched anything then the OTHER kiddos popped up for a visit with them one year and that's when all heck broke loose lol Then again, those kiddos write on walls and literally do everything you SHOULDN'T be doing because my cousin doesn't discipline XD; But what can you do? They'll grow out of it eventually! Until then, they stay out of my room - too many valuables!

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 11:20 PM ----------

Nope I agree too lol Conversation is always best! Teasing or goofing around is okay, as long as it's not pointless or harassment - just have to know what to do it and when not to etc. There has to be conversation going on as well though or it really is just pointless posting for gold and it'll probably be brought up about spam :3
It'd be a matter of figuring out where to put it where the dogs wouldn't get into it. Kids and dogs... insanity over here.

Oh, yeah! And add in an almost 4 year old - craziness! But I love it all! But both girls are crazy fast at getting places when they want to. Always have to keep an eye out! When we go places usually I take Soph (our youngest, and the one who just turned 1), and my hubby takes Becca (our almost 4 year old) so that we each have one to keep an eye on instead of one of us having to keep an eye on both. :P

Ugh - parents like that drive me crazy. Discipline your kids, at least let them know what is ok, and what isn't ok! Drives me crazy when parents let their kids get away with things like that. Yes, it will happen, at least let them know it isn't ok instead of letting them just get away with it! Kids who test boundaries and never have their parents let them know what is allowed and what don't are usually those problem kids as they grow up too. I hope that your cousins kids grow out of it!!

Ok, good! Glad that I'm not alone with thinking that.
It is important to know that sometimes what one thinks is funny won't be funny to others, and also to keep these two in mind as well:
Quote:
Image spam: Posting nothing but a picture or smiley with no accompanying text is not allowed. Posting an array of unnecessary images or emoticons in a post is also a form of image spam.
Posting random (and often offensive) images in stranger's profiles is also a form of image spam, please don't do this as it is rarely welcomed or appreciated.

Single word posts: Single word posts must be relevant to the thread; for example part of the conversation. It's fine to respond to something your friend said with "lol". It is NOT ok though, to go posting "lol" or "hi" and so on at random in stranger's threads, this is spamming and will be deleted and you'll receive an infraction for it.
I was just refreshing myself on what the rules say on things like that, just to make sure I understood what is and what isn't allowed.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 AM

Quote:
It'd be a matter of figuring out where to put it where the dogs wouldn't get into it. Kids and dogs... insanity over here.

Oh, yeah! And add in an almost 4 year old - craziness! But I love it all! But both girls are crazy fast at getting places when they want to. Always have to keep an eye out! When we go places usually I take Soph (our youngest, and the one who just turned 1), and my hubby takes Becca (our almost 4 year old) so that we each have one to keep an eye on instead of one of us having to keep an eye on both. :P

Ugh - parents like that drive me crazy. Discipline your kids, at least let them know what is ok, and what isn't ok! Drives me crazy when parents let their kids get away with things like that. Yes, it will happen, at least let them know it isn't ok instead of letting them just get away with it! Kids who test boundaries and never have their parents let them know what is allowed and what don't are usually those problem kids as they grow up too. I hope that your cousins kids grow out of it!!

Ok, good! Glad that I'm not alone with thinking that.
It is important to know that sometimes what one thinks is funny won't be funny to others, and also to keep these two in mind as well:

I was just refreshing myself on what the rules say on things like that, just to make sure I understood what is and what isn't allowed.
Oh goodness - definitely a double whammy there!! Raised up would probably be better than lol!

Definitely a good tactic - it's hard when they're so little to have more than one kid at once when you're by yourself - especially in crowded placed :3

Right?? Depending on the situation, I'll step in and discipline the kids if they're at our house, especially if the parents aren't home - a stern talking to or a time out if necessary allows them to learn right from wrong and realize that there are consequences to not obeying/following the rules etc. - sometimes you just have to put your foot down! It's never easy, especially when they start crying, but they have to learn somehow!

The other thing I hate seeing is when kids hit/slap/kick etc. their parents or other people - I could NEVER imagine letting a kid do that!! I saw someone taking a screaming toddler out of Turkey Hill while we were making ice cream and while she waited for a staff member to open the door, the kid was slapping the mother in the face left and right and the woman was just letting her! I couldn't believe it. That definitely floored me - and unfortunately it's not the only time I've seen it!

I agree :3 I just don't want to see people get in trouble for posting how they shouldn't be. :( Especially because it can lead to a permanent infraction or temporary disabling of an account etc.!

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Oh goodness - definitely a double whammy there!! Raised up would probably be better than lol!

Definitely a good tactic - it's hard when they're so little to have more than one kid at once when you're by yourself - especially in crowded placed :3

Right?? Depending on the situation, I'll step in and discipline the kids if they're at our house, especially if the parents aren't home - a stern talking to or a time out if necessary allows them to learn right from wrong and realize that there are consequences to not obeying/following the rules etc. - sometimes you just have to put your foot down! It's never easy, especially when they start crying, but they have to learn somehow!

The other thing I hate seeing is when kids hit/slap/kick etc. their parents or other people - I could NEVER imagine letting a kid do that!! I saw someone taking a screaming toddler out of Turkey Hill while we were making ice cream and while she waited for a staff member to open the door, the kid was slapping the mother in the face left and right and the woman was just letting her! I couldn't believe it. That definitely floored me - and unfortunately it's not the only time I've seen it!

I agree :3 I just don't want to see people get in trouble for posting how they shouldn't be. :( Especially because it can lead to a permanent infraction or temporary disabling of an account etc.!
Yeah. We do have a tiny little table on our front porch area - but it's not really big enough for a big planter. Hmmm!

Yeah, it's possible - I've done it before, but definitely a good way to exhaust yourself! :) It works for now, with just the girls - I know the hubs wants another kid, we're waiting a bit though for that. :P

It is hard to discipline, but it's needed for sure, to just let kids know their boundaries of what is and what isn't allowed. I hate having to discipline, it breaks my heart whenever my kids cry. D: With tantrums, Becca is the queen of them. We let her just cry her way through them, not acknoledging her, so she doesn't associate us giving her attention with her tantrums, but oh my goddess... it breaks my heart every time. D:

Oh gosh, that is a HUGE no to me - and letting them just get away with it... *sighs* Parenting fails there! D:

Yeah, the rules are pretty simple - it's good to just make sure that you're aware so that nothing bad happens.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-31-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah. We do have a tiny little table on our front porch area - but it's not really big enough for a big planter. Hmmm!

Yeah, it's possible - I've done it before, but definitely a good way to exhaust yourself! :) It works for now, with just the girls - I know the hubs wants another kid, we're waiting a bit though for that. :P

It is hard to discipline, but it's needed for sure, to just let kids know their boundaries of what is and what isn't allowed. I hate having to discipline, it breaks my heart whenever my kids cry. D: With tantrums, Becca is the queen of them. We let her just cry her way through them, not acknoledging her, so she doesn't associate us giving her attention with her tantrums, but oh my goddess... it breaks my heart every time. D:

Oh gosh, that is a HUGE no to me - and letting them just get away with it... *sighs* Parenting fails there! D:

Yeah, the rules are pretty simple - it's good to just make sure that you're aware so that nothing bad happens.
I have a baby sister who's pretty bad with tantrums too. She's a low functioning autistic though, so while she's in her early teens, she's pretty much akin to a roughly a 5 year old or so. She often also ignores us when we try to get her to do things. Ugh. I honestly blame my folks on this, as while my dad has tried to discipline her, my mom barely ever put that sort of effort in there. Then there's my dad's default position of yelling when she does something wrong. Authoritarians....

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-31-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Neopets does have awesome games. I haven't poked Neopets in years because it has changed way too much for my liking, but when I would come back, it was totally just for the games.

My "tricks" tend to be what keeps everyone else awake. Reading is supposed to work, but it doesn't work for me because I'm not one to put a book down before it's done. Screens make me sleepy, which is the opposite of what the professionals say should happen. When my head is full of thoughts, or I'm trying to figure something out, I fall asleep on it. I'm fairly accustomed to noise and can fall asleep as long as it's not scaring me. *ahem storms ¬¬*

On the topic of messing with people, nonsensical conversation is THE BEST. If someone's getting hurt, nah, don't play with 'em, but if they're playing along, let the good times roll.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 PM

I remember when Neopets used to be... well... GOOD. Then their pay-to-succeed system came into play. Then there were also biases when it came to some of the Neopets themselves. The Chia, for example, is a Creator's Pet, and since Chias were never the #1 pet on Neopets, what came about? Chia Powder. Which turned OTHER PEOPLE'S Neopets into Chias. At first permanently. Being someone who didn't like Chias, this was quite irritating to me.