AarinsRitsuka
Sweet Dream or Beautiful Nightma...

Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 PM

What do you think of them?

Me I enjoyed them. I really enjoyed The Mortal Instruments. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did for I don't normally read those kinds of books but I admit it was a really good series. It kept me wanting to read the next page that when ever I could I would read it. Same thing now with The Infernal Devices. Now I have to get Clockwork Prince :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 PM

I still need to read Clockwork Prince as well, but I think my Grandma is getting it for my Christmas Present. :)

I really like the series, and Cassandra Clare is pretty awesome. (I follow her on Twitter and Tumblr)

I'm a Malec shipper for sure, and team Jem, if anyone asks, not that anyone ever does. There's something to be said for a series like this one, that makes you laugh and cry and rage all at once, and then leave you begging for the next book.

AarinsRitsuka
Sweet Dream or Beautiful Nightma...

Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 PM

I know. I was sometimes angry, sometimes sad, sometimes happy and maybe even chuckle a bit. It's like a box of emotions all wrapped up but with words. I can't wait to read more of the Infernal Devices. If Mortal Instruments was good and Clockwork Angel then Prince has to be good as well. I can't wait to see what else she has in story for us.

Also I really love the cover work for all the books. So shiny and pretty I love it :D

Little Sister
A bear in avatar clothing

Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 AM

Oh yeah, the artwork on the covers is brilliant.

Heloise
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 PM

I just got the first book of the mortal instruments for my birthday. I've only had the chance to read a few pages but it looks pretty good.

XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX
Black Alice
Send a message via MSN to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX

Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM

At first was a bit wary to read them, mainly because I heard they were compared to Twilight. As I am not a fan of that series I decided not to touch them for a good while. However after reading a story by Cassandra Clare's in Zombie V.S. Unicorns I found I liked her writing style, and decided to give it a go. First off I'm still not a huge fan of Clary she's kind of a Mary Sue, but she's growing more as a character as the books go on. my main favorites are Alec and Luke as they just seem to interest me more, than any of the other characters. Overall I do enjoy the story line it's unique in it's own way, and has become my guilty pleasure.

Though the thing that confuses me was they say City of Glass is the last one in the series, and yet there's a fourth (City of Fallen Angels) and to my knowledge more books after that. Was it just a misprint that it was going to be a trilogy?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM

I think it must have been a misprint. From memory there are going to be five or six books in the Mortal Instruments, but the Infernal Devices is a trilogy.