Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM

So what's the weirdest book title you've seen? Have you read it or just stared at it for a long time? Was there a plot?

So, I think the weirdest title I've read was: Unicorn Bride

You know how girls love unicorns and want one? Apparently in this novel, the girl marries the unicorn! He's a unicorn by day, man by night. "More than a man" because it's a crazy trashy romance novel. I think I got forty pages in before I picked up another book. She was whining and pouting about marrying a goat (it's what the unicorn more looks like in this story) and was locked in a room on her wedding night with it. Now some guy is feeling her up and she's all "omg yes". So. Yeah. Too weird for me to read!

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 AM

That story sounds crazy!

I can't think of one off the top of my head... *scans bookshelves*

I do have a book called "The History and Lore of Freaks." I guess that's pretty weird. lol

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 AM

That is kind of weird! o-o What was it about, or the back of it?

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 AM

Here it is, on Amazon. :]

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 02:09 AM

I don't know what the weirdest book title I've got is, but it's probably a Terry Pratchett book... Maybe Hogfather?

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 AM

Ooooh, this makes sense now. That looks like an interesting book actually. ...And weird. >3<

Ooh I love Terry Pratchett. Small Gods and Equal Rites were my faves.

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 PM

It is, really. :) Most of the "freaks" mentioned therein are people with unfortunate afflictions etc but some are just plain made up nonsense like the "fish man" and other silly stories. XD

Did you find any other weird titles in your collection? :)

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 PM

I haven't really had the time to look through my collection, what with the lack of a job, car, and pregnancy worries, but I did find a book called Atlantis in a pile in the garage that looks interesting.

Although not a weird title, this Avon book called One Lucky Vampire is about a vampire who becomes a cook/housekeeper for a woman and falls in love with her. It's definitely weird!

Ah, and there is this series called The Unlucky Ones by Mary Brown that I've read. Book #2 is called Pigs Don't Fly. It's a very good quest series. The first one can be a stand alone, 2 and 3 go together, and 4 is about something from 3 that just veers off in its own direction.

Aganab
Butt

Old 12-24-2013, 01:18 AM

I was at my local library a few days ago and I came across a book called "Zombies Vs Unicorns". I really want to read it now, just because of the weird title - I actually made a friend of mine borrow it so she can tell me if it's any good after she finishes reading it.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 AM

Ooooh, that is an interesting title! I'd totally go for it.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 AM

The Flour Babies. I can't enlighten anyone as to what it was about though, because i never had the pleasure of actually reading it. The cover picture featured a large bag of flour and a gingerbread man...

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-24-2013, 08:33 AM

That.. that is really awkward for a book title and cover.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 AM

Oh this is gonna be fun! *scans my overly-large book collection* Welp. Only weirdest title in my book collection would have to be: Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. Not much of a weird title. But, it's the weirdest in my collection, in my opinion.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 PM

I feel like I've heard of Blood and Chocolate. I just can't seem to remember what exactly it's about. Something in regards to a vampire and school? I think. o-o I feel like I saw it in Borders before they all shut down.

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-27-2013, 11:15 PM

I have heard of that too. Did it get made into a film? I think it has wolves in it?..

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-28-2013, 02:45 AM

So a new book was added to my collection today called Queen Victoria's Spellbook. ...It was not, as I presumed it to be, a spellbook. It is a collection of short stories. I don't know when I'll get the chance to look through it, but whenever I do, it should prove to be an interesting read!

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 12-30-2013, 05:28 AM

Blood and Chocolate is about a female werewolf falling for a human and him finding out about her and it being a total disaster. There was a movie adaptation with a completely different ending, but I liked both.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 PM

Ooh, a werewolf... ...Meh. I'm not really a dog fan, but it sounds interesting. And I really don't mind when a series gives a different ending because if you really didn't enjoy one, there's always this other option they give!

Princess Tutu did that. Manga was way way WAY different than the anime.

sun_spirit
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to sun_spirit

Old 12-31-2013, 06:15 PM

I read a memoir called Another Bulls*** Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn for an English class this semester. I was skeptical at first but it actually turned out to be a good read. Even worse, for Biology I read a book grotesquely named Madame Bovary's Ovaries. That was one of the strangest books I've read, but I have to admit that I did learn from it haha.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 PM

What the hell. xD Those are fantastic book titles! I wish I had those classes. The most interesting things we read in mine were Lord of the Flies and The Lottery. =/

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 AM

I remember one book entitled "God's most precious jewels are crystalised tears"
It just sounded a bit strange...
Then my mum was reading a book called "One night. So pregnant."
O_o

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM

What the hey? xD Those are so weird!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 AM

For some reason I think of the well known book 'Lord of the Flies' as the first weird book title...even though I never read it or even seen an entire movie version of it.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:47 AM

There's this one Stephen King book called The Tommyknockers. I didn't read the whole thing, but what I drew from it is this: This woman goes for a walk in a forest near her house, and trips over something. After digging up a little, she discovers that it's a UFO. After digging it up a whole bunch, weird things start happening in the little town she lives in. I believe essentially, the ghosts of the aliens that died in the UFO crash are possession the townspeople, and making them do bad stuff. As I said before, I didn't finish the book, so this description might be a bit off.

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-24-2014, 07:50 AM

I just looked over my parents' library and apparently they own a book called "Yes, Your Teenager is Crazy". I'm really quite insulted.