pinkii
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 AM

This thread cannot die! EVERYONE MUST READ THIS BOOK AND EMBRACE THE AWESOMENESS OF KATNISS D:<
Seriously, its one the best series I've ever read. In fact, I plan on rereading them again, or at least before the 2nd movie comes out.

I was a bit disappointed with the first movie. Although it was true to the book, they left a lot of key things out.
My parents were a bit confused when they saw it, and since I was the only one that read the first book, I had to explain certain scenes to them.

I feel like the 1st movie was meant for fans who have read the series. Anyone who wasn't familiar with the books would have gotten confused on certain points. And that's what I didn't like about it.

Hopefully the 2nd movie will be better, with a new director and all.

invadermak

Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkii View Post
This thread cannot die! EVERYONE MUST READ THIS BOOK AND EMBRACE THE AWESOMENESS OF KATNISS D:<
Seriously, its one the best series I've ever read. In fact, I plan on rereading them again, or at least before the 2nd movie comes out.

I was a bit disappointed with the first movie. Although it was true to the book, they left a lot of key things out.
My parents were a bit confused when they saw it, and since I was the only one that read the first book, I had to explain certain scenes to them.

I feel like the 1st movie was meant for fans who have read the series. Anyone who wasn't familiar with the books would have gotten confused on certain points. And that's what I didn't like about it.

Hopefully the 2nd movie will be better, with a new director and all.
I actually thought the movie did a great job at presenting the story through different media. I saw it with my sister and a friend. My sister and I had read the books, but our friend hadn't. He understood everything, no problem. We didn't have to explain anything to him. And I was really happy with the extra things they added, like the scenes in the control room. It was definitely different from the book, but book and film are drastically different media, with different limitations.

TricksterJANE
(ノ◕ヮ◕)...

Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 AM

I loved the hunger games! The writing was so good for first person, present tense, and the characters were so well written. I honestly have no complaints at all about the book, the movie has a few things that bothered me but only one or two. Compared to Percy Jackson the movies were spot on.

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 01-06-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TricksterJANE View Post
I loved the hunger games! The writing was so good for first person, present tense, and the characters were so well written. I honestly have no complaints at all about the book, the movie has a few things that bothered me but only one or two. Compared to Percy Jackson the movies were spot on.
I definitely agree!
The movie didn't leave me disappointed at all, which is very rare for a book>turned movie.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-22-2014, 05:46 PM

Finally finished book one! Moving onto book two! Simply amazing. I love the way the author wrote and I love how Katniss turned out. Gah, such a great read. It's actually one of the first books I've read because I wanted to read it. Can't wait to start book two and, of course, get to Mockingjay. So excited for that. :3

no u shuddup
A fake is still a fake, and no m...

Old 01-30-2014, 04:48 PM

One of the best series of all. I first started reading it to see what all the hype was able, and I ended up finishing the entire trilogy in a week.

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-01-2014, 07:10 AM

I adore the books and I adore the movies~
Just got back from watching Catching Fire (don't judge me xD) for the 12th or 13th time now. But this is kinda tradition with my family when we love a book so much to marathon the movies. xD
Re-read Mockingjay via audiobook so I could listen to it while filing papers at work in the filing room~

xdarkrougex
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 PM

I have only read the first one and I did love it, I actually original watched he film first it was good but for me personally not amazing but I enjoyed it. Like most times when I see something based of books I defo have to give it a go and I glad I did I haven't yet read the other two I am currently reading Catching Fire and enjoying more then I did the first so far.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 PM

I initially downloaded the books since it was getting very popular around everywhere but I soon grew to love them (but every time I read the book somehow I'm reminded of sandy brown deserts and sand. lots of sand XD). I liked how it was all about 'survival' mixed with 'friendship' and so on. So awesomee