Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 04-09-2015, 05:16 PM

So I love crafts and can't find a large enough journal for my needs. I want a 500 page (1000 front and back) or at least 400 minimum (800 front and back) journal for something I plan to keep for awhile. I would rather have a place do it for me, but I'm willing to even create the book myself. Binding and everything. In fact my idea is pretty simple.

A white hardcover book with blank pages (but a lot of pages) and not too bad on price.
Apparently it's too simple. Or not enough.

Have you ever tried book binding? Do you know of places to get a book like this bound? I'm cool with regular hardcover in white or even imitation white leather, but it's not going to be something I can do right off the bat.

What are your thoughts?

Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 04-12-2015, 12:40 AM

Try a craft store maybe

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 04-12-2015, 03:40 AM

Ah hard for me to get out to places, I ride my bike even though I'm 24, but I don't have my license, so everything is limited. But does anyone else like to do something like this? Or crafts as such?

Steampunkeddruid
crafter with no purpose
Send a message via AIM to Steampunkeddruid

Old 11-21-2015, 06:06 PM

there are great tutorials on book binding on youtube. I've been toying with simple binding through some that Sealemon (that's her yt account) has. As for paper for it. I use computer printer paper for mine. Only materials I use are paper, cereal boxes, a bone folder, and modpodge for the glue. I almost always have it on hand since I scrapbook.