Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 PM

Unfortunatly his protruding bones were the least of his worries when I rescued the poor thing! He's around 14, 15 pounds I think. I'll have a look for something to tell me.

Harly was fun.

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 PM

lol he weighs like 3 holland lops. Damn what all was wrong with him?

She was fun, a lot of girls were fun but I was always drawn to the boys. Not even in an i find them attractive little kid crush way either. I just liked what they did more and how they talked and actually succeeded at things ( Damn you comics for telling me men are awesome and women belong in the house)

Mind you I liked batgirl form the old live action batman with Adam West.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM

I always did and still do like female characters. My bf thinks it's adorable how I like female characters because I am a girl :P

What was wrong with him?
His fur was falling out, his back teeth were overgrown and were shredding the inside of his mouth, two front teeth were missing and there was a serious infection there, his top tooth that was still there was like two days away from penetrating his skull. He had gut stasis. Due to neglect he was very terratorial over his hutch and when a big bunny like that goes for you you shift! His rear end was covered in poo despite his gut stasis....He was in a bad way. I was half expecting him not to survive all of the trauma. But now he's so lovely and sits on my bed for fusses and plays with me....
He's a house rabbit.
He's having his front teeth pulled out tomorrow morning, right after I leave work. The top one curls before it's long enough, one of the missing ones have grown back so both his bottom teeth stick out of his mouth, but his second top tooth isn't there. So to stop infections, to stop that tooth being dangerous and to make him more comfy he's having expensive vet treatment. They're going. There's a chance that they'll grow back, but if they do they may grow back in a healthier condition.

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Whoever the hell did that to him needs to be shot. I can't believe he survived all of that. Most rabbits I've known just aren't hearty enough as a species in general to get through that. I'm glad you've got him and are taking care of him now.

Sounds good that he's a house rabbit now and managed to get over the neglect. Never dealt with a rabbit being territorial for any reason other than to protect their babies. I can't imagine it being the same but even a 6 pound Holland charging you bean you dare go near he nestbox makes you back up.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 PM

That's why I was so scared that he wouldn't make it. I mean you wouldn't think that he could would you? And because of his fur loss the protruding bones were obvious! Someone should have done something! What heartless A*Hole just leaves an animal in that state! God it makes me so angry and so sad I could cry!

I think the terratorial thing is because of how he was treat. He was like starved so he sees a hand going towards his food and water and he lunged! I don't blame him but man that took some time to work through! He still does it every so often but he stops when I raise my hand. He knows it's me.

He was on syringe food, painkillers and antibiotics for the first month I had him.I'm sure I wasn't feeding him enough, but I did try. You could tell it was working though as it began to get incredibly hard to put a syringe near his mouth. He hated them so much!

I didn't want to put him outside because I was scared that his body wouldn't cope with it and now he's used to being inside it's not fair to say no. I'll be getting him a friend shortly but for now he's got me and the piggies. He only sees them when they're in the cage though because he's too big.

You have no idea the joy I felt when I saw him binky for the first time. I was like: Wow he's fit, healthy and happy. It really warmed my heart I almost cried!

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 PM

How did you come to have him in the first place? I know he was a rescue just not if you got him from a shelter or something.

I understand the whole food aggressive thing. I've known dogs to become food and cage aggressive when they fear you may take what little they have left. It's sad to think it should ever have to get to that state. It's good that he's past it though even if he still gets jumpy about it from time to time. Wouldn't suggest letting anyone else do it though untill you're sure he won't attack.

Syringe feeing is a pain , we had to do that for rye when we thought he had an abbcess ( turned out to be a tumour, I was not happy) and with babies who's mothers rejected them. it's much harder with then babies than ad adult becuase not drowning them is a constant fear.

I Bet it was hard near the end to get it in his mouth , for all they chew rabbits can be so incredibly fussy about what goes in thier mouth, even if it brings good things.

Outside can be good or bad but unless you know exactly what's outside and what people spray into and the air and what local animals might do it's best to have him indoors. Plus I bet you enjoy having him with you more than you would having him outdoors as well.

You should be proud of all you've done with him.^-^

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 PM

Hey. I'm just popping into say "hello." Good luck with your thread. I'd request some art if my avatar wasn't so cluttered at the moment. xD

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Well someone had given up on him and taken him to the local petshop who has a section for unwanted animals and they abandoned him there. We went in for a cage, I saw him and knew right away that he was in danger. (We have 20 pets between us now, most of them rescues and what aren't rescues are children of rescues) so I took him home with me that day.

My sister puts her hands in sometimes but it's ok because she's more animally than I am and she only does it when I'm in a rush and I ask her to quickly help me with the pets. She doesn't live with me now but she still comes over. She was the one who showed my how to deal with his terratory issues because I could NOT feed him and I was crying every night that he hated me and I was only hurting him more so she took pity on me and showed me a tip.

Oh yes, He once slashed my stomach open when I was feeding him. I still have the faintest of scars! Now it's just his dentals we have to deal with...well until tomorrow hopefully. I went to my vet and she wouldn't do it. So I got him his myxi jab (It's hitting hard here at the moment, so many dead bunnies!) and asked a local rescue center where to go, so that's where I'm trying in the morning.

Oh tell me about it. My mum got a chinchilla, molly who had been bred long before she was ready...Both she and the baby are being syringe fed at the moment. Molly may not survive though...

I have a total of 10 cats on my road. Now Charms bigger than them all, but still it would be pretty scary and yes I love having him inside. He's loverly! I'm more proud of him than of me. To go through all of that and come out happy and friendly instead of skittish and resentful? It takes guts! Only he and my dog have managed it. My rescue piggy is still so very scared even though she's happy and sings and purs, she still runs a mile.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 PM

Nescia: Your avater is so pretty!

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM

I'm surprised the local pet store didn't nail the owner's ass, that has to classify as animal abuse, it just has to. Good luck or fate on your part for being in the store at the moment.

I want 20 pets, hell I want any pets these days. In the past i've owned, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, chickens( for show yes I am a dork)hedgehogs ,cats , dogs, crayfish and a host of other critters there were seasonal rescues. Sadly right now my fiancee works in a water factory and she can;t risk any pet her transferring to her and then into the bottles of water she fills. Still I've been promised a dog again when we move and she has a different job.

myxi jab? I take it it's some form of inoculation.

Ouch for the the stomach slash, I've been there before but on the arms. Some of my rabbits can out of their trances too early during tattooing or they didn't trance at all and that left their legs in perfect position to scrape the heck out of my arms. I dunno if you can trance a french and I'm not sure I'd want to flip one over to find out.

I hope Molly survives. Relena our old hamster was got from a pet store. she was in a huge tank with bout 15 other young hamsters. apparently they were still old enough to breed and she was pregnant way too young. Then the idiots at the store tell my fiancee to give her next making stuff like hamster fluff ( thanks guys really We appreciated that) which you know will kill the babies becuase they get tangled in it and their mother tries to chew them out of it. Suffice to say two babies died and a third was crippled before we rescued and tried to hand feed it. At only a few days old he never survived the night and we felt horrible.

I've learned in all my pet owning days that if want an animal i iwill pay any cost to get it from a reputable breeder.

We've never had ten cats but back when i lived with my mom we once had three generations of cats living in the house.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM

Pets at Home (the shop) is like at the bottom of my road. So I go there at least once a week and always have a look at the adoption animals.Their noturiously bad for this kind of thing though. Molly came from there.

I only get from rescues really. I would never buy from a store and breeders...well there are too many asshole breeders and the reputable ones get customers anyway. I'd much rather give a home to someone who needs one. If they've only felt pain and suffering don't they deserve a loving home more than one who's safe and will deffinatly get a home with or without my help? Rescues all the way for me.

Wow you've had a lot of things! Good luck getting a new pet!

Myxi is a very contageous, deadly and horrific disease in rabbits. It's spread by fleas. Not that I have fleas anywhere in my house, but it can be walked in. Unfortunatly it is very painful and the 1% that do survive it rarely recover completly. And as our weather has led to an increase of myxi my bunny is vaccinated just to be safe.

You can put them on their back, and Charm trances...well half trances, he's fine till you go near his mouth.

God that fluff is evil!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate people who sell it and claim it's safe! It's not! It's deadly! It should be illegal! -calms down slightly-
Poor Relena and her babies! Beautiful name though!

I hope Molly makes it too. I worry for her, but she's in a worse state than Charm was. She gave birth before she should have even been bred.

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM

I likerescues i just have the worst luck with em. My very first puppy my Nana bought from from a rescue shelter and I had him a week before he got sick and died. turns out his mother and the whole litter died right around the same time of a diease I've no forgotten. I felt like heck, I was five and until someone explain it to me I though I had killed my puppy by letting him eat grass.

Every other rescue animals I've come in contact with be it my own or someone i know has either been too aggressive to keep ( they do not screen these animals well enough before they rehome them) or got sick and died. I want a rescue animal . Oh hell i want a rescued border collie or another misunderstood breed. it's just my fear that I'll get attached and something will happen. I sort of trust breeder with reputations to not give me something i'll pour my heart into only to have them keel over on me.

Alex doesn't know it yet but this winter chances are we are getting a cat or kitten ( i'll lint roller her to check for fur every morning if i have to) I live right outside a big city, in the winter the local spca gets so many animals dropped off and takes in so many strays that the prices for adoption plummet. I can afford to adopt one now but I'd rather wait and also do it when they need the space and money most.

Myxi sounds horrid and I hope that the weather gets better soon. I can only hope the wild rabbit population isn't suffering too heavily.

I hate that fluff too now and just it was so sad and we were worried enough with Relena being bred too young as well. She was never really the same afterwards *sighs* she was so sweet and peach coloured and odd. For some reason she bit every single gay or bi male or female she ever met but was sweet as pie to straight people. Innate animal sense perhaps.

Best of luck with Molly and keep me updated on how she's doing. I love Chin's my stepbrotherinlaw has one who has a little roller ball that she uses to terrorize the family cats. she's soft as butter but a snarky little thing.

I want to have Degu and I'm pretty positive that " becuase they are cute" is not a good reason.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM

How odd. The rescues here are great! Sooz, runs a local bunny rescue and she's locked the entire place down because of a myxi scare! Thank fully because she locked down no one else was able to be infected and it wasn't myxi after all. I'm going to her for my next bunny unless I find a super needy one. Because I know she takes good care and screens them, but mainly because she'll help me bond the new one with Charm. Something I'm cautious of because he was labled as needing to live on his own, he was also labled as a dwarf lop though. They're incredibly bad at putting the right lables on animals at the shop.

I had a bunny who died when I was little. I was convinced that I'd killed her too. I now think it was myxi and I still feel bad about it though. I was at boarding school when she got sick and came home only to have her die in my arms. It's been ten years since and I never wanted a bunny. Thank god for Charm. I love bunnies. I'd forgotten how much and I now know a lot more about them.

Oh good luck. Cats are adorable! I want one, but I don't have my own house yet so it's not an option. Lint rollers are GREAT! I wear a lot of black and both Charm and Acorah have incredibly light fur that goes EVERYWHERE!

I will do. I don't get updated too much but I'll let you know how she goes.

Pah, animals are naturally bi, it can't be that. Wonder what it is though. My hamster Caspian was similar. He liked My sister and other dowdy girls, the ones that are often un noticed but he hated the vibrant girls. He hated me the most :(

Because they are cute is a good reason! They are cute!

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 PM

more talk later fiancee is home and stealing me.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM

Hehe ok, have fun :)

Nephrenia
Send a message via AIM to Nephrenia Send a message via MSN to Nephrenia Send a message via Yahoo to Nephrenia

Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 PM

I am the fiancee and I totally didn't steal her just the computer. ^.^ As for a kitten.... prehaps,I miss my sin (my old kitten) but they are expensive.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 PM

Hello fiancee :) Oh you know that ou want a kitten. Think how cute they are! And in winter they'll be cheaper!

Nephrenia
Send a message via AIM to Nephrenia Send a message via MSN to Nephrenia Send a message via Yahoo to Nephrenia

Old 09-13-2007, 11:41 PM

Oh yeah, and if we get this place unpacked and cleaned I will get one... preferably a rescue, that has already been fixed. I hate cats in heat. They are only expensive because of cat food, but even that is fixable, I have had like a million cats in my life and I can remember most of their names which is oh so awesome.

Yay I am the fiancee ^.^ You can call me Neph if you want. <3

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Ok, Neph it is :)

Oh I love cats. Apparently we've had two but I can only remember one. Is cat food really expensive? I didn't think it was.

Nephrenia

Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 PM

It can be anywhere from $1.90 (which is what I will be buying) to $8.99 (which I will not be buying).

Cats, in order of remembering:
some cat I barely remeber
Cinder/Cricket/Selina
Flash
Alice/Speed limit
Roxy and her sister who I cant remember the name of
KC
Neko
Bit
Sinamin

I also had a bunny, and two and a half puppies

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:51 PM

hehe My bunny is far more expensive than that. How much food do you get for that? I spen around £13 plus shipping (Double it for American money) And it lasts possably a month. Plus a supply of hay and fresh veg.

Nephrenia

Old 09-13-2007, 11:54 PM

*Canadian so its triple*

You get a decent amount of food for it, its really not that much but I was poor the last time we owned a cat and she ate more often then I did... I don't want that to happen again so I am hesitant about getting another pet until Umbra gets a job so we can split the expenses evenly.

Your job sounds awesome btw, I wanted to work security for so damn long.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:58 PM

That's a big number....Bad Canadian money. If I went there I'd possably have a heart attack because everything would sound far too expensive.

That's good then. Cat's don't need much to eat anyway do they? My boyfriends cat eats very little compared to my Bunny rabbit and piggies. It's a shame you couldn't afford it. -sends Umbra job finding vibes-

What area of the industry do you want to work in? And why aren't you working in it?

Nephrenia

Old 09-14-2007, 12:05 AM

lol, it sucks that our money is worth so little compared to yours, when I sell tarot readings to people over there is is awesome though because I get more money ^.^

She needs all the vibes she can get lol.

I wanted to be a security guard, just kinda like what you do only with a bit more patrolling, I don't do it because I am poor and cannot afford the criminal record test and licensing fee.

So instead I work in the water industry and spend most of my time soaking wet. Which is fail.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM

You do tarot readings? Cool!Do you get a fair bit from them then?

That bad huh? Why can't she get a job. Sorry I'm nosey.

Yeah, the certificate is pretty expensive. Mine cost £400+ My boss paid for mine though. I'm really lucky in that respect. Your job doesn't sound very good. I don't know what Canada's like, but is there no way you can get help from the powers that be to get the licence? There are a few ways to get that kind of help here.