Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 07:58 AM

The Official Monthly Art Exchange of Menewsha Version 2

This thread is dedicated to the lovely Kyou Blade who is currently working on another site at the moment and, through her works, got a bit too busy to continue to run The Official Monthly Art Exchange of Menewsha. However, I have spoken to her and will be taking over the thread.

This is for all of the artists of menewsha. Whether your a legendary artist, a beginner artist, or just someone who likes to doodle. Everyone is welcome to join in. We don't discriminate.

By joining you will not only be able to draw someone who you otherwise might never even think of drawing, but you will also be receiving art. Its a win win situation! By joining you can not only advance your skill, but you can also try out a new style you may be thinking about trying!

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 AM

Announcements

December 3, 08 : Christmas Special!
July 21, 08 : The new thread location was built!

Last edited by Keru; 12-04-2008 at 03:26 AM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 AM

Round 4 Sign-Ups [OPEN] SIGN-UPS CLOSE.. WHEN WE HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE?

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!
Art must be handed in *December 25th or earlier*. Each drawing must have a Christmas theme to it. At least draw the avatar/OC in a Santa hat or opening presents. Feel free to be as creative as you can be!

So, there's only one person who signed up so far. It'll still be Christmas themed, but it'll have to be handed in later rather than on Christmas day. ):

RainingLight - Page 22

Here is where I'll tell you where you can find the information you need about the person you're drawing. When sign-ups close, I'll PM each person, telling them who they will be drawing. From there, they can just come back here and get the information.

If at any point there are questions about something about the person they are drawing for, just pm me, and I will send the question to the person who you are drawing and then send you the answer. That way everything will be a surprise.

When signing up, please make sure you post ref pics, details, anything you can think of to post about your avvy or OC. Yes, you can have an avi or an OC that you sign up. If you do an avy, just make sure that you post the actual picture. Don't just say, "current avy." For OCs, make sure you have good refpics!

People who have signed up:

Last edited by Keru; 12-23-2008 at 06:13 PM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 AM

Rules

1. Always follow the Menewsha TOS
2. Be courteous.
3. Don't get upset if you get art that may not be as good as your own.
4. Please turn in your art on time
5. Don't flame the art of others

More will be added if I need to.

DISCLAIMER ABOUT RANDOM NUMBER GENERATER

The random number generator isn't able to show that if two people have each other's numbers. So there may be cases where two people have each other. I apologize for that, but without changing the numbers myself there's nothing I can do. I don't want to mess with the numbers because I want to keep this perfectly fair.

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 AM

White List, Grey List, Black List

White List

This is for everyone who makes this whole experience wonderful!

Grey List

If you fail to turn in your art by the end of the month you'll be on this list. If you turn your art in by the end of the following month however, you can be saved.

Black List

This is for anyone who absolutely fails to turn in art, even after the following month. If you end up on this list, you are not allowed to participate again.

Leona of the Zodiac : Failed to turn in art.

Last edited by Keru; 08-25-2008 at 10:07 PM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 AM

FAQ

Q: If I turn in art during the sign up time for the next week, will I still be ok?
A: Yep! Just as long as its in before the sign ups are over.

Q: Are any mediums allowed?
A: Yes! Whether you used pencils, crayons, markers, CG, or pixels! Its all welcome!

Q: How do I give the person their art?
A: Just post it here so that your person, and everyone else, can see it!

More to come as I get more questions.

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 AM

Links:

Links in:

Code:
[ url=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99975][ IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/weapons_kunoichi_xx/Bannerfortheomaem.png[/img][/url]
Take away the spaces for the link to work.

Links out:

Any artist who gets involved and wants a link to their shop on here, just let me know and I'll add you!

Last edited by Keru; 07-25-2008 at 03:12 AM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:09 AM

Optional Forms:

This is just if you want a form because you feel more comfortable with one.

Code:
Username:
Ref Pic:
Expression:
Other:

OC Form:

Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Eyes:
Hair:
Skin Tone:
Body Type:
Clothing:
Personality:
Ref Pic:
Other:

Last edited by Keru; 07-21-2008 at 08:33 AM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 AM

About Kyou

Although she isn't with the program anymore, I still think you should know about her. ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyou Blade View Post
My Info

Ok, so I shouldn't post my own stuff, but I am anyways. >.< Its at the bottom of the thread for a reason. I DO NOT expect to recieve art. Its welcomed of course, but that is not my purpose for this. I just want to have my info here just in case.

Character Name: Kyou NiMorrigan
Eye Color: X
Hair Color: Orange. NOT BROWN! Can have the grey/blue strand or not. It doesn't matter ^_____^
Normal Ouftits: She likes calm colors, like silver, and blue, and black, but she likes little accents of orange mixed in.
Personality: She's a very calm person normally. She's highly intelligent, and can sometimes be a little manipulative. But not in a mean way. She likes most people, as long as they are nice to her.

Ref Pics:
Kyou in Oriental Outfit
Kyou in Different Outifts
More ref pics soon

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 AM

About Charity / Tracy / Keru / Whatever you want to call her

Oh, and while you're here:

Feed Me!

Adopted from Valenth

Name: Kelsey, but I prefer Keru
Favorite/lucky number: 2 (cause it takes 2 to love! Nyaaa)
Favorite language: Japanese
Favorite food(s): Sweet things, moo moo cake, chocolate ice cream
Hubbie: Debido-san (my little Davikins who isn't found on this site)
Favorite country: (durr,) Japan
Known languages: English (fluent), french (fluent), japanese (alright)
Commonly used usernames: Tracy, Riniserina, Keru... there's more. xD

Last edited by Keru; 08-05-2008 at 08:27 PM..

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 AM

Alright. Feel free to post now. :3

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 AM

First? ^_^

I think Charity should make some of the fonts larger. I'm having trouble reading them such as the one in the codes. =D

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 AM

xD Sorry.

How's that?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 AM

Okie! That is all fine now. ^_^

Now I just need to figure out who or what I want drawn... xD

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-21-2008, 08:35 AM

xD Always a tough decision.

I erased memory of my older OCs
because I never liked them much anyway
and they always looked like copies.
Now I have two really nice ones. :3

FelineOrchid
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Hello there Charity! ^^ nice thread *thinks about signing up if I have the time*
I do a bunch of different art , pixel, pencil, banners, the only thing I have yet to accomplish major skills in is cg coloring XD, I'm still practicing at that lol
But yeah I like the idea of this thread and everything <33

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-21-2008, 07:08 PM

Ok, I will join again.
It was a lot of fun last time.
I'm not very good, but I do find it fun.

You can draw any of the OCs here.

When do we have to have the art in by?

Keru
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 AM

Feline
Is that your art in you signature? o:
It's very nice!

Lilith
Putting you on the list! :3

FelineOrchid
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 07-22-2008, 06:06 AM

@Charity
Thank you -^-^-
Yeah that's one of my pixel dolls <33 XD

Last edited by FelineOrchid; 07-22-2008 at 06:11 AM..

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Yay, I'm first on the list :3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM

Username: Dystopia
Character Name: Hasuka
Eyes: There is not one shade but many incredible hues of green and yellow, the play of light and shadow conducting the glistening blaze in unbelievable ways. The deep, dark green embraces the intrusion of almost yellow colors caused by any source of light. These eyes gleam disturbingly in the darkness, magnifying the dance of darkness in his candlelit room.
Hair: Naturally black and fairly long by male standards. It is well-kept and washed every other day or when necessary. He brushes his hair when possible and maintains it well enough so that there usually aren't knots or split ends. The hair surrounding his face curves inwards enough to frame his cheeks while the hair at the back of his head curves out. At its longest, his hair brushes lightly against his shoulders. [Hair]
Skin Tone: Fairly light skin that could almost be described as pale. Not quite a sickly white, but it almost seems like color was brushed onto his skin by a passing paintbrush that didn't quite touch him. It is blemished only by scarring and bruising, faded and new. He has yet to encounter acne.
Body Type: A very feminine figure is achieved by his slender body and thin limbs. He has a constant, healthy weight and while seeming delicate, does not appear to be in need of food. A good portion of his body is occasionally covered with bruises and scars, though they are hidden beneath his clothing. He has soft hands and spindly fingers and small feet. He cleans and trims his nails as necessary.
Clothing: A jacket made of light gray fabric, fitting snugly around his torso and hips. A white cross spreads across his chest and lines the edges of the collar and sleeves. The collar is 'Sasuke-style', although set closer to his throat to cover his neck. The cloth is fairly light and the sleeves long, almost dragging on the floor if he stands at alert. Baggy black jeans serve as his bottom, and are occasionally torn at the knee. This is what he usually wears to school. The shoes, slip-ons, have a simple checkerboard color. [Jacket]
Personality: A reticent child who is rarely seen in the light of day. He has little trust any another other human being and instead confides his feelings to a teddy bear he fondly knows as Tekki. Whatever anger he may store up throughout the day is released on his voodoo dolls. He rarely smiles, but seems distant and innocent when he does.
Ref Pic: Photobucket
Other: xD Hope you survived reading all that. <33

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Hasuka is so cute.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM

8D Thanks. <33

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 PM

Your welcome :3
I think I like his 2nd outfit the best.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-22-2008, 05:12 PM

^^; Really?

I'm not sure which is my favorite. I'm in the middle of designing another one for him, though. xD *snort*