sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:19 PM

Today's been crappy and these past months, year even, pretty much so, too, but I'm still alive, so I guess it's not the worst. How are you, how have you been?

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Eh, a lot has changed since I've seen you last. My husband finally found a permanent job, my stepdaughter moved in with me, and my mother in law is trying to get on disability (and having to rely heavily on my husband in the interim). I've also got a lot of stress from husband's ex-wife over stepdaughter moving in with us, and also a lot of stress from work.

Other than that I'm hanging in there. Today and last night although I'm very nervous, I haven't really been feeling quite as depressed. I understand that change is around the corner...and I'm trying to coax myself into embracing it, even if it does seem frightning.

---------- Post added 10-28-2013 at 11:23 AM ----------

I'm waiting for a very important phone call from work to find out what the next step is...if they will move me or not.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM

Ahhhh hun I'm sorry to hear that:( You are still alive and that's definitely not the worst:)

I've been really good! Just getting use to all the new changes!

You can do it Izumi! Change can sometimes really be for the better, you can definitely embrace it. Just believe that you it's going to be easy:)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Well, it's sounds generic, but sometimes changes are for better, it just comes very, very slowly. Sometimes, we can't wait for the good come, and then another change, really for better comes. Anyhow, I really wish things become at least a bit easier for you. Permanent job thing is good, at the very least.

And I'm glad to hear that, CrimsonShadow!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:31 PM

@Crimson - That's the thing...if work comes back and says they can't move me, or move me into another crappy spot...Then I will have to take the plunge and find another job. This time, though, I think I'm done using the work at home model and will be getting a job that requires a commute. This is a big thing for me as the past 6 years I've worked from home and I have not had to do that. Factor in the fact I cannot drive, do not have a car and have to rely on someone else to transport me...and that my experience is primarily in customer support...It really limits where I can go.

That being said, others have agreed that maybe outside work would be a step in the right direction. When you're working at home, you start to feel a bit like a shut in...especially once winter hits and it's too cold to do much outside. (I like going for walks while the weather is still nice...)

It's a shame that this job isn't working out as it is really nice hours, consistent and good pay. It's just...not for me, and I've been miserable because of it.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-28-2013, 03:31 PM

Izumimi, every individual is different. Some take stress very seriously.
For me, maybe because I am shameless daughter still living with parents, I take things easy.
I do hobbies. Like reading, playing games, writing, drawing.

But if you do not have time to waste like me. You may try writing down all hatred on a piece of paper. and burn it.
Or if you are near some deserted beach/hilltop, yell to it. Talk to people. Like here. Don't keep it all to yourself.

Or, you can even try channel the depression as a motivation to work harder. Focus on the positive future that the higher up promised you. You can even try looking for other jobs.

If you are as evil as me. Look at other places where people suffer. Hospital, war pictures or even historical torture article. Be THANKFUL that you are not them.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM

Ahhhh Iz.....

That's rough..I think getting an outside job would be best but you don't have a car...that's what is going to really suck about this. How far away would commuting be? Customer Service jobs are great to find! There are so many variations. What are you doing now?
If you're miserable you need to move on. No job, no matter how much it pays is worth it. You have to find something you love or at least something that's better than this. Staying at home all the time is going to make your mind exhausted. You gotta get out and having a place to work away from home is the best!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:39 PM

@Xuv - I wouldn't necessarily call yourself 'evil' for thinking of them. I think more like you are understanding that your situation isn't near as bad, and you are grateful for it. It's interesting, though, as even people in these war torn nations can still find happiness. It may be much harder, because all around them is death, destruction....But somewhere, even if it is small someone finds hope.

@Crimson - Right now just cell phone customer support. I'm good with technical support, billing...I can do complex situations. I'm smart. Like I told them time and time again it's just the nature of the job itself, and how rapidly they're changing policies and plans. I start to find a level of comfort, and then all the sudden they mix everything up and I'm scrambling to find it again. I can understand change is inevitible, but I would like to feel some sort of level of comfort in what I do. Not always have to look up every little question, and question every action/word I say. :/

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM

That's good!! You can totally work with that!! Yeah that's not good for them to do. Change is good but to much or change like that, not so much. That's not fair of them to do. I agree with you, it's just not fair!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:49 PM

Well I think that I gave it 3 months past training to get a good feel, and still not feeling confident should be an indicator that it's not like I took one look and fled. That I had gotten knocked down, got back up, and continued getting knocked down. At some point one has to admit defeat....

Well another hour and I should get that phone call. I'm not quite as nervous as I was this morning. I think having someone to talk through with things has been definitely helping. Early this morning I was just kind of pacing or playing Pokemon to try to make time pass...and not sit and think too much about what may come.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Izumimi, from what I read, you are a person who know what you want and what you can do.
I would recommend either reflect your woe to the higher up in a more formal channel. Or, if you are 'adventurous', look for other jobs.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 10-28-2013, 03:53 PM

*pokes all* rawr and good morning to ya guys.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM

@Xuv - That's what's going on right now. Someone from HR is getting involved, and talking with her superior. I have already asked multiple times to be moved...From manager, to senior managers, to account manager...now I'm with head office and HR. If they refuse me this time I will need to start putting in applications locally and find something.

For now I'm hoping they will work with me. In an hour's time I will have a better idea.

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
*pokes all* rawr and good morning to ya guys.
Good morning to you :)

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

And I fell off the screen again, house stuff to do. Hm. Well, will try to be more active again.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

So many folks rockin' these lovely dresses!

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Talking through it definitely helps!! I hope everything works out for you Iz!!!!!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Definitely! Thinking of joining them, but can't pick the color.D:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM

Wish you luck over there, Izumimi!

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM

@Seri -- I'm in love. I just wish there was one that looked like Fantina's dress from Pokemon. With gold trim and the little X. I am trying to cosplay her as best I can:

Fantina - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

@Sad -- I love them so much I bought three different colors. O_o;

---------- Post added 10-28-2013 at 12:06 PM ----------

@Xuv -- Thanks hun. Everything will work out in time...I just have to keep on repeating that mantra.

@Seri - how have you been today? I haven't seen you in awhile.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM

I will probably end up with multiple, too, if I still have gold by then, just bought Squish Space Protector for 5k. *spazzz*

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Yes, playing things you enjoy is a good distraction too!

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 10-28-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm back :3

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 10-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Ello there, Mikio.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 04:24 PM