Pietro
Photographer

Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 AM

So above, you see my two best drawings.

I don't know what to price them!

So I turn to you, potential customers, or people that know what customers like, to encourage me to choose a price!

I usually priced: 1k

How this Works:

Fill out this form in the THREAD, and I will read and try to stick with your decision.

Code:
Username:

How much would you buy a piece of art for:

Tips and Tricks on how to make it better?:

Last edited by Pietro; 01-08-2009 at 04:27 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 AM

Username: Dystopia

Recommended Price: To be brutally honest, I don't see myself paying for art of this quality. I apologize if this offends you, but I presume you want honest feedback and not an ego-stroker.

Suggestions: Try making the lines more steady. The messy black smudges on the face of the second example look extremely unappealing. Try making them thinner as well. The outline of the nose and mouth on the first example are much too thick. Try looking up tutorials for anatomy and shading. I'm no expert on either of them, but the way you just shade around the eyes and wing in random other places is rather odd and distracting.

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Username:xlightwingx

A question first: 1k on here? or gaia? ='0

How much would you buy a piece of art for: um... 100g... I don't buy art as much as Anna does though.

Tips and Tricks on how to make it better?: Imma make a list, sorry if it's annoying P=
1. Do not overindulge in the smudge tool... it shows ^^' I used to have that problem.
2. like Anna said, try for cleaner lines... If you use photoshop, and are using a mouse, use the pen tool. If you're using a tablet... use the pen tool =D
3. pen tool can also be set for pressure sensitivity, which I didn't see in the first image. (like, variation of opacity and size of brush...)
4. keep practicing ^_^ get redlines if needed, because those help immensely with an image :3

Pietro
Photographer

Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 AM

I added new art.

Anna_Crackers
*^_^*

Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM

Username:

How much would you buy a piece of art for: I wouldn't buy this art because of the lack of quality. If I had to buy the art, I would most likely pay 100g or less.

Tips and Tricks on how to make it better?:
You need to go back to your art basics and build a foundation. You know nothing of anatomy, color theory, character design, stylization, etc. I suggest that you hit the books and learn about value, color, form, line, anatomy. You can find some good art books at the library. Then, i suggest drawing from life. It will help you translate things from 2D (or your imagination) to 3D. it will start your foundation in the real world, so that you might stylize said world in the future. Draw yourself, objects around the house, friends, family, animals. Draw everyday, keep a life drawing sketchbook.
Then, learn how to use the program you are using properly. Learn how to make custom brushes, and make some custom palettes or colors you enjoy using. Learn how to paint, learn about color theory and lighting, learn about texture and how to get texture in a digital format. You have a long way to go until your art is desirable to buy (even with fake money). So what you need to do is practice. Practice digitally and (most importantly) PRACTICE DRAWING FROM OBSERVATION EVERY DAY. This will help improve all of your art, whether you think so or not.