Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 PM

Click on thumbnail for full view

Conflicted Hearts
A Private Roleplay

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Leane Supton | Joshua Phillips

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Severus Snape

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The name held meaning, held promise; but above all, it held expectations. Severus Snape had begun working at Hogwarts not long after graduating, having surpassed all other instructors at the art of Potions. Still, his mastery of skill did not exempt him from the stares and jealousy of the other faculty, who all surpassed him in age by decades. Becoming the youngest professor in the history of the school, even parents were worried about the education their children would receive from such a young man.

Fortunately, Professor Dumbledore did not give in to any of these doubts and put his faith and trust in the young school boy whom he had watched turn from a boy into a man before his very eyes while studying at this very school. This was the greatest of opportunities for young Severus, and he was intent on proving to the rest of the faculty his worthiness to be one of their peers.

Or at least, that was his intentions until a young Leane Supton started attending Hogwarts a year after he began teaching. A protegee of potions, Leane soon became a favorite student of Severus. Of course, it always helped that she was in his House, Slytherin, so he of course wished for her to excel for not only her sake, but for the sake of the House Cup. Having the top house of the school would impress his fellow faculty members, and that was his primary concern: earning the respect he felt he deserved from his peers.

It wasn't until Leane's 6th year at Hogwarts that things had begun to... change. He had watched her grow from a child into a young woman of 16, turning 17 that Fall. With the time that they had spent together, it wasn't a shock that something started to.. happen. After all, he was a young professor in his mid-twenties, scarcely older than she was. Still, she was his student and he her professor. A relationship was out of the question, couldn't be entertained. If only it weren't for the lingering thoughts felt by both sides....

Will Leane gather courage to act upon her inclinations?
Will Severus throw caution to the wind and consent to a relationship?
Will they be forever parted due to society's view on their situation?
Or will love triumph over their conflicted hearts?
Only time will tell!

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-02-2013 at 09:33 PM..

CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2013, 10:59 PM

Severus Snape was always a mess at the beginning of each school year and each one hadn't seemed to get any better. He hurried through the hallways, zipping between students to get to his classroom. It was the last one of the day and was one of the older classes, but that didn't seem to make it much better. He constantly felt as though he was under pressure due to his age and the doubts that were circled around him.

He was growing more absorbed into his thoughts as he stomped through the halls, eyes glancing down at his arm load of books just in the wrong moment. Severus suddenly smashed into someone and stumbled back, all his items being thrown to the floor. With wide eyes, he glanced at the person who he had bumped into and immediately apologized. "Oh my, Please forgive me, Sir Dumbledore." He said quickly and bent down to begin grabbing his things off the concrete.

"I hope this year is as enjoyable as the last few." Albus said with soft voice and his typical gentle smile. He handed the younger teacher one of the books he had dropped and gave a small bow of his head. "You have been doing an exceptional job here, Severus. It is only natural for our older staff to be concerned of your age.. but you have been proving them wrong." He stated as the though the other didn't know, but it was almost common knowledge. "I can only keep the pressure off as long as you continue to prove them wrong. Be careful."

Severus watched as the headmaster slipped away back down the hall before taking a glance at the book that had been handed to him; his own personal notes and thoughts. A journal so to speak. It was a way to realease his frustrations of not only his job and the pressure of being apart of it, but also the complications of his own personal life. It contained tips for himself to make class easier and then just general ranting of nothing.

He stuffed it away into the pile of books once more and took off towards his class again.

"Alright class. During the next two weeks, we will be studying Golpalott's Third Law. Can anyone tell me what it is for?" He asked, waiting for someone to raise their hand or answer but no one did. The man let out a silent sigh before continuing. "It is a law for making antidotes." As he spoke during the lesson, dark eyes would occasionally glance around for the familiar dark hair that matched his. It was one of the most memorable traits of Leane in his own mind, as there was few girls that had such beautiful locks.

Brushing the thoughts from his mind, Severus continued to teach the class until he believed he had covered everything well enough for the first day. The man plopped down into the chair at the front of the classroom and rubbed his face with his hands. "You are all dismissed." He murmured and watched as most of the students gathered their things and left within a matter of seconds. It was only natural that they took advantage of being allowed to leave early.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 AM

The first day of Sixth Year.

It was hard to believe Leane was turning seventeen in just over three months. It was even harder to believe that she was in her Sixth Year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It felt like it was only yesterday that she was the nerdy girl with glasses who looked as if she belonged in Ravenclaw, instead of the Slytherin House that the Sorting Hat had called during the ceremony in the Great Hall. Leane had come a long way since then, growing as a person over the past several years.

By her third year, Leane had grown into her looks and had acquired quite a bit of unwanted attention from her fellow classmates. Most days she chose to wear contacts instead of glasses, she had dyed streaks of cotton candy blue and bubble gum pink into her long, ebony hair, and her confidence in herself and who she was had grown ten-fold. After only a few months into her second year of Hogwarts, Leane had created a persona for herself and it stuck with her.

She was a tough little girl who was witty and refused to let anyone get her down; she stuck up for herself and those she loved, and refused to tolerate anything less than civility. It wasn't long before her housemates grew to respect her, and soon they accepted her as a Slytherin and that seemed to be the end of it, especially once she began to fill out and her form took on more shape.

Still, Leane wasn't always the "Bad Girl Hottie" everyone made her out to be. She was book smart, particularly at potions, but no one seemed to acknowledge it. They saw her as a beauty, not a brain, and it annoyed Leane to the point where after a few years in the dating scene, she had chosen to swear off all men and just focus on her studies. Unfortunately, she was older beyond her years and it tended to bite her when it came to the opposite sex. Leane wasn't the type of girl to be arm candy on some guy's arm. Instead, she wanted an equal field where she was matched both physically and mentally with her partner. However, what 17 year old boy wanted that in a girlfriend? Not many, from Leane's perspective.

Still, Leane wasn't worried about it. She'd find Mr. Right when the time came. Until then she had more than enough to preoccupy her: her studies, her future career goals, and her brother Josh. Between Josh and school, Leane had more than enough on her plate to deal with. But, she wouldn't have it traded for anything else! After all, fighting for, and even with, Josh was what made her who she was today, and she was proud of that.

Snapping back to the present as Professor Snape finished his lecture and dismissed the class, Leane tucked a curled lock of bubble gum pink hair behind her left ear, a cotton candy blue lock of hair already pinned back behind her right. Gathering her books together, Leane nearly jumped a foot as Josh walked over to her desk and tugged lightly on her ponytail.

"Josh! You miserable wretch. What the bloody hell was that for?" Leane scowled as she threw a punch at Josh, but missed.

Laughing, Josh grinned wickedly as he sat on the corner of her desk and set his books down beside him, "You looked like you needed a check back into reality. What were you thinking about?"

"Getting rid of free period with you in exchange for an advanced potions class to help me prepare for my exams," Leane explained as she shook her head with a sigh.

"Oh come on Lee, you aced your O.W.L.s with flying colors. Do you really think you'll have any trouble with your N.E.W.T.s next year?" Josh whined as he fiddled with Leane's quill, "Free period will be so boring if you're not in it. Who else will I torment as they study?"

"I guess you'll have to find a girlfriend," Leane teased as she pushed Josh off of the table, "Now go away. I have to talk to Professor Snape about the classes. I just barely made it into the Outstanding category for Potions, and I'm frustrated with that. I shouldn't have made those rudimentary mistakes. I think I need a refresher on the basics as well as some extra practice in Advanced Potions."

"Fine," Josh agreed, his tone dripping in disappointment, "Go on with your studies while I waste away in boredom. Remember me when I'm gone," Josh added dramatically as he gathered his booked and headed out of the classroom.

"I'll be sure to put it on your gravestone, I promise!" Leane called after him with a laugh before picking up her things once more and walked down the slanted room towards Professor Snape at his desk.

"Excuse me, Professor? I wondered if you had a moment to talk about a few classes I'd like to add to my schedule to help prepare me for my N.E.W.T.s next year," Leane asked as she looked over at the weary Professor, obviously irritated after a long day of teaching.

CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 AM

Snape glanced up towards Leane a bit hesitantly. He was silent for a bit longer than necessary before nodding. "Very well, Leane. What is it that you're looking to add on? You know, there really isn't a reason to be taking on so much. You already scored exceptionally well for your age and these are the years you should be enjoying most." He murmured as he thought fondly back to his own last years at the school. The memory of Lily crept into the back of his mind and he couldn't help but flinch at his own thoughts. "But if you insist.."

"There aren't a lot of classes that I can offer you." He said honestly as he stood up and went to a shelf to pull down one of the many potions journals he had. "Most of the classes I can not give you yet since you're only a 6th year.." Snape paused and turned to stare at the girl with a rather expressionless face. The silence that began was almost overwhelming to even him, though he was beginning to get lost in his own thoughts and fears as he debated on what to do. "Though, I supposed I could tutor you if you are really wanting to learn more."

The words left his mouth before he could even stop them and his grip on the journal tightened ever so slightly. There was no point to backing out now, and perhaps if he would force himself to be near the younger woman more then maybe it would force him to face the reality of the situation; she was a student. "I have a considerable amount of free time at the moment. Not a lot of students are taking my class due to parents being concerned of my capabilities. I am willing to use that time to help you, if you are serious."

He held out the book for the woman to take. Snape watched her closely, his vision unmoving but yet taking everything in. She really was a lovely girl and if it weren't for the blue and pink in her hair, he might forget that she was younger than what she acted on most occasions. "If so, you will need this. These are a few potions that are often over looked but very useless and important. A simple but effective start as a student under my wing."

There was a pause.

"And I would also prefer you keep this.. quite for the time being. I don't want students to get suspicious or begin any unneeded rumors. Unlike you, most of the students here are very immature." He said with a hint of anger as he thought about his situation already.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-03-2013, 03:17 AM

Leane took the book eagerly as she grinned, "That would be brilliant Professor!"

Biting her lower lip, Leane coughed nervously as she calmed herself and took a step back, "I mean.. Thank you, Professor. While I do realize that I have already taken, or am already enrolled in, nearly every Potions class that I am able to take until the N.E.W.T. level classes, but I feel like I only scraped by for that Outstanding mark. I keep replaying the exams in my head, and it does nothing but frustrate me," Leane added with a sigh.

Playing with the edge of the book, Leane blushed as she looked up at her Professor, taking in his dark appearance. He was young for a Professor, scarcely older than herself. It was that reason why parents were so hesitant on his teaching capabilities, her own parents being one of the many. It was Leane who insisted on staying in the classes, despite their hesitation. She couldn't quite put a pin on it, but there was something about the way he taught, the way his passion for the subject spilled over into the class... It caused Leane to put forth her own passions and strive to do her best; it encouraged her above all else.

'Although it does help that he's strikingly handsome, despite his darker demeanor and disposition..' Leane thought idly before remembering her reality. Pushing the thoughts away as her blush deepened, Leane continued, "M-My mistakes were so rudimentary, so first year. I felt completely idiotic for my fumbles and wish to correct them. I feel that while I am capable of forming the potions correctly, in my eagerness to learn and strive for perfection I've forgotten the simplest of things."

"I wish to pursue Potions long after I have left Hogwarts, much like you have Professor. So if you are willing, it would be an honor to have you tutor me and help me learn all that I can before I take my N.E.W.T.s. My schedule is fairly full this year in my attempt to study for the N.E.W.T.s, but I somehow have a free period after lunch and am free most evenings after classes, when there isn't Quidditch practice of course," Leane added with a laugh, "Adrina Dunnmire will have a conniption if I miss practice this year. Apparently there aren't any candidates for substitute Seekers! Perhaps we shall see if we can't whip someone into shape once try-outs are over this evening."

It was strange.. this feeling that Leane got when speaking with the Professor. She felt so at ease, so calm.. As if for one moment she wasn't running around with her head cut off. Perhaps it was because he was so close in age that she felt she could connect with him better than her other Professors, or perhaps it was because he was the instructor of the one class she was passionate about. Still.. it made her a bit uncomfortable as well. He was her Professor after all, not simply an upperclassman. It was different, though. Somehow.

"And of course, Professor, I won't breathe a word to a soul. I know very well how idiotic my year can be. This is what I get when I have a year dominated by teenage boys. It is a horrific nightmare!" Leane added with a laugh, "Besides, I wouldn't want to put you in a position where it would become awkward for you, Professor. I know how much this position means to you."