SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 AM

Livianus closed his hand tightly around Haydn's, a proud smile igniting his face. The small nod from the dark-haired boy seemed to fill him with a fresh batch of energy as he quickly began out the door and down the hall, back to the room which had been earlier declared as Haydn's. "I just want you to know that you are free in this house. The only two rules that exist for you are to obey any orders, and I'll try to avoid giving too many of those, and to never try to run off. I don't very much appreciate runaways."

Albinus had slowly closed the door, so the hinges wouldn't screech as they so often did. He then followed along down the hall, too lost in watching his feet pad along the foreign carpeting to pay any attention to the words Livianus quietly delivered to Haydn. He didn't even notice the glare directed at him with the word 'runaway.' Apparently, the last battle had taken his last bits of strength.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM

Haydn was relieved to hear that he could go where he wanted. That meant he would be able to get Albinus some food later. But first, he needed Livianus to leave him alone first. "I won't try to run away. I promise." he told him. It wasn't like he had a reason to want to run away. At least, for now. And even if he wanted to he wouldn't. He didn't want to know what the punishment would be for that.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 AM

"I'm just down the hall," Livianus nodded with a growing smile. Already he'd come to quickly trust his new slave and he seemed to already have decided the boy could do no wrong. With this, he half ran to a door at the end of the hall, which loomed over the others like a supervising father-figure. In a second, he'd disappeared behind it and began readying himself for bed.

"Thank you," the two words quietly spilled from Albinus's lips as soon as he was certain Livianus had run out of earshot, "for earlier... disagreeing with him is dangerous business and it wasn't wise to do it on my account. But, thank you nonetheless." Albinus's fingers again began to absentmindedly dance across the strings of the instrument he'd tucked beneath his arm. The vibrations were muffled by his skin and the thin cloth of his attire, but the small clunking noises produced were pretty in their own way, nonetheless. This time, the song wasn't overtaken by an undertone of sour emotion, but instead came as a simple jig, which was plunked out to a steady beat.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 AM

Haydn watched Livianus walk away before turning to Albinus. "I couldn't just stand there and let him treat you like that." he told him. He was silent for a moment. "And now, since I can go where I want, we need to get you something to eat." With that said, he turned and went back the way they came, intending to go back to the room with all the food.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2012, 02:02 AM

Albinus's mouth hung agape for a moment, as he processed the last sentence. There was so much risk in that action, yet he could not and would not dare argue against it. His stomach would never be able to forgive him if he passed up on such an opportunity. Still quietly forcing the song out of nearly immobile strings, Albinus followed Haydn back down the hall toward the entry way and, hopefully, to the dining area.

"Thank you," was all he could bring himself to say, mind still frozen in shock of receiving yet another nice gift. Perhaps, this life did hold some promise. Although he certainly didn't intend to carry on like that until he grew old (if he was ever allowed to grow old), presently, conditions were looking up. "Aren't you afraid we may get into trouble, though?"

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 AM

"Your welcome." Haydn instantly said, looking at Albinus and smiling slightly. "I'm not worried. Livianus just said I could do whatever I wanted as long as I followed the rules. And he never said I couldn't get you some food." he told him, arriving at the room. Luckily for them, there was still food there. That made him glad. It meant that his friend would be able to get something to eat.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2012, 01:09 AM

When the door first opened, Albinus tossed a suspicious glance at Haydn. It was such an easy set up to get him into further trouble, but it was also an offer that was impossible to refuse. The food sat on the table, tempting, calling. With little hesitation, Albinus made his way to the table and kneeled beside it, on the floor. Right away, his hand eagerly dug in, and a bit of pork was working its way down his throat. With food still in his mouth, he began again with a chuckle, “And here I thought showing mercy was against the rules.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 AM

Haydn followed Albinus into the room. He couldn't help but smile when he saw his friend start eating.He felt good knowing his friend was eating something. He couldn't help but laugh slightly as well at what was said. "If that's against the rules, then its a stupid rule and we would both be in trouble." he said. If that was a rule, he would find a way to change it.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 PM

Albinus again laughed. Even the little gift of leftovers had brought new light to his eye and lightness to his movement. Although he still could not call himself free, Albinus found a hint of joy in the present, as it was just a bit better than the past had been. “No, I’d be in trouble. After a day, you have that man tied around your finger,” Albinus held up his pinky, gesturing toward it with a piece of meat that he’d been biting large chunks off of, “He would make a monkey of himself, if you willed it.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Haydn laughed slightly. That was probably true. Though he would never make anybody act like a monkey. Even if it would be hilarious. "You should probably finish up soon. I don't want someone to come by and get you in trouble. Even if it was my idea." he told him. If Livianus was mad, he would make sure he knew it was his fault and not to punish Albinus.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 AM

Albinus nodded, shoving the scrap of meat into his mouth as he did so. "This was really very kind of you, Haydn," he spoke with a full mouth, too busy simply eating to remember his table manners. Then again, having eaten at the table in the first place was against the common rules and manners of the household, so none of that was of any importance.

Pushing himself off of the floor and onto his feet, Albinus wiped his hands on his dirty clothes, "I will repay your kindness one day, perhaps when I myself am free."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Haydn didn't mind that Albinus spoke with his mouth full. It didn't bother him. "You don't need to repay me for this. I am just happy that you got something to eat." he told him. Just seeing his friend so happy was payment enough for him. That's the way he's always been, after all. Besides, he liked helping people.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM

"That's fine, Haydn. I doubt I could've ever kept that promise," a frown glimmered on his face, stretching down cheeks that still contained half-chewed meat. This lasted for only the briefest second, like a small break in a light tune to be picked back up with brisk movements as Albinus reached across the table to take a handful of grapes for himself as a sweet little second course. "It seems impossible to actually get out of this place, and if I ever do manage the impossible, I'm certain it will be the very last thing I ever do."

Although it was so very wrong for him to be taking the lead, Albinus began meandering steps toward the door they had come in from, popping a single grape into his mouth at the same time he swallowed the last of his meat, still savoring the richness that had tainted his tongue to make it seem impossible to return to his usual meal of stale bread and murky water.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM

Haydn followed Albinus. "I think you could do anything you set your mind to." He told him. He stifled a yawn. It has been a long day and he was exhausted. He couldn't wait until he could lay down. He knew he would probably be asleep as soon as he laid down.
You deserve better than to be treated like you are." He added as they got back to his room. He yawned again, doing his best to stifle it. He needed to reassure his new friend before going to bed.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 AM

A goofy smile plastered itself onto Albinus's face, as though his face had felt so unused to holding one that it was unsure just how to react to the wide grin that put all of his teeth on show. A full stomach seemed to be the same thing as content with Albinus's drastically lowered expectations. It was so easy to be on top of the world, when even climbing one rung on the latter was an achievement in and of itself.

"You're so illogical," Albinus seemed to catch the stifled yawn as he was prompted to yawn himself, stretching his arms and back out to keep himself from falling asleep right then and there. "And I think that makes you immune to this place, because usually, after one afternoon, all hope is eaten by this pit."

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 AM

"I like having hope." Haydn said. Having hope gave them hope. Sure, that might not make much sense to some people, it did to him. "I am hoping to be able to change things around here. For the better. Nobody deserves to be treated like they are here." He told him, goi g to his room and collapsing on the bed. It was so comfortable, he had to fight to stay awake so that he could finish their conversation. It would be rude to fall asleep while talking to someone.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Albinus followed him into the room, sitting on the floor beside the bed. He leaned his head back against the wall, spreading himself out on the floor. The jagged bricks poked against his head, but the simple fact that he wasn’t enclosed by the sweaty bodies of numerous other tired workers and atop hay so flattened that it only served to make him itch made that floor a contender for the most comfortable surface he’d spend a night on in the past few years.

“So, you aren’t as thick as I thought,” Albinus’s mouth was still reveling in the flavor of sweetmeats and grapes. “Have you yet figured out why he showers you, though? It’s quite the sacrifice you’d be making.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-29-2012, 10:01 PM

Haydn was about asleep before Albinus spoke again. Hearing his voice jolted him awake and he sat up. It took him a moment to comprend what was said. Sure, he didnt know why Livianus treated him so special compared to everybody else. But he was sure he wasn't going to like the answer. "I don't care what it takes. I won't just sit around and let him treat people like that." He eventually said before yawning again.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 AM

To this, Albinus nodded. The yawn inspired him to do the same as Albinus stretched out onto the floor, deciding with certainty that the space was something he certainly appreciated enough to deal with any aches that came from resting on such a harsh place. "I will stop bothering you now and allow you to sleep. These reforms you propose will take much work, I'm certain."

Now Albinus felt around for his little stringed instrument, taking it up again before lying back down so he could once again allow his fingers to thoughtlessly graze the strings to make the wooden thing sing and accompany his quiet mutters, which, beneath his breath could barely be made out as, "... cutting the depths of air on high with tawny wings..." before another yawn interrupted.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 AM

Haydn was grateful when Albinus said their conversation was done. He was to tired to even think straight. As he laid his head down, his eyes closed. Just before he drifted off to sleep, he could hear the other playing his instrument. It helped him fall asleep and he wouldn continue to sleep until forcibley woken.

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2012, 02:22 AM

By force of habit, Albinus awoke with the sun. Apparently, his body felt no sympathy, as it refused him even another few short minutes more to sleep a dull and dreamless slumber. He'd fallen asleep with an arm around the wooden body of his instrument and his face pressed against the cold floor and woke up the exact same way. What a pity, even with all of that room, Albinus had not stirred.

For a moment, Albinus had been lost in a sleepy daze, confused as to where he was and how he'd gotten there. But, as he pushed himself off of the floor so he again sat leaning on the wall, the events of the previous day pieced themselves together again in a hazed reality. Now that it'd all passed, Albinus could barely believe any of it had been true, although proof was all around. He sat in a furnished room and on the bed was the boy and his stomach was that meal. Simply remembering the fruit and meat brought a content smile to his face.

From the hall, stirring could already be heard. Livianus had woken up early, as was becoming more and more usual for him. As the years had passed, he'd gone from preferring to be awake in the dark of night to daybreak and spending hours asleep to finding that he rather enjoyed watching the sun in its early hours and sleeping only as much as was needed to get through each day. He'd become so much more productive and in turn, able to keep his land well under control.

Today, he hoped to be especially efficient and to finish his duties as quickly as possible. Although he still thoroughly disapproved of the notion of Haydn owning, of all people, the one with the all of the bad habits, there was the bright side of potentially seeing work happen faster with the dying spirits beaten further as the young soul was hidden away again.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 AM

Haydn woke shortly after Albinus did. It took him a moment to remember where he was and all that happened. With a small groan, he sat up and stretched. His eyes landed on the slave.

"Good morning." he told him, giving him a small smile. His stomach growled loudly and he instantly covered it with his arms. He wasn't going to complain about being hungry. Especially not in front of his new friend. Besides, he would be fine without one meal. It wouldn't kill him.

{{I am soooo sorry I haven't replied. It slipped my mind until I went through my subscriptions and noticed I hadn't replied. So, here's my post if you want to continue.}}