Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Like the title says, we're all just slightly crazy. :D

A general, random roleplay with Iltu. :3 As in, LOTS of random. And possibly an epic confrontation with an evil teacher who teaches torture and rape. Maybe.

*grimaces at the detail in a D&D game she's part of*

Setting-
D'iala's Temple. At least, in the beginning. >.>

Last edited by Lathrine; 09-14-2008 at 06:29 PM..

Lathrine

Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 PM

My Characters-

Name: D'iala (Die-ah-la)
Date of Birth: March 4th
Race: Human
Special Abilities: He can cast a limited few spells, as well as being able to summon the god of life, Kirechk, through a pendant the god gave him.
Appearance: http://rommykins.deviantart.com/art/...Found-96548895 (Because I like her picture of D'iala better then mine :O )
Bio: D'iala has been a sorcerer/priest combination his whole life. One day, bandits raided his temple that he runs. After appropriating all of the temples valuables, the bandits killed D'iala and fled. Kirechk was passing by at the time, and rescued the priest from remains of the temple, bringing him to his home hidden deep within a forest. Though it left him very weak, the elven god resurrected D'iala, giving him a drop shaped, sky blue pendant on a golden chain as a token of his trust. When D'iala returned to the site where his temple stood, he rebuilt it, dedicating the temple to the nearly unknown god, Kirechk.

D'iala later found out that the pendant was the god's life source, and if it was destroyed the Kirechk would die. So, yeah. No pressure. XD
Theme song: "And I can feel, his heart beats still, and I will do great things, on my fathers wings~!"
Other notes: His girlfriend/wife is Iltu's charrie, Nami. >.>

Name: Kirechk (keer-reck)
Date of Birth: April 12th
Race: Elf/God
Special Abilities: Resurrecting, healing, flight, and an array of light magic spells.
Appearance: Kirechk has dark blue wings that he lets hang like a cloak and blue eyes. His hair is an earthy red color, waist length and very poofy with bangs that fall over his eyes when he is not wearing his feathered headdress. He wears a dark green tunic and brown pants, along with a bright yellow belt. Along the top and bottom of both his arms are lavender feathers, that don't serve any purpose other then looking spiffy.
Bio: Kirechk - along with most of the other gods - have been around about as long as the world they live on. The elven god is peaceful, and avoids fights when ever possible. Kirechk has become very close friends with the human priest D'iala, and completely trusts him.

... Can you tell I don't really have a bio for him? :sweat:
Theme song: "We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days, Through the fire and the flames we carry on."
Other notes: N/A

Name: Doriki (Doh-ree-kee)
Date of Birth: August 21th
Race: No body is really very sure... >.>
Special Abilities: Every class of magic, save for light magic. He's an evil maniac, it really wouldn't make sense for him to be casting heal all over the place, now would it? :lol: Dokiri also has the ability of flight, 'cept he doesn't have wings.
Appearance: Dokiri "Dork" (My brother has dubbed his horns 'baby horns' XD)
Bio: Doriki has been around as long as all the other gods. He is evil through and through, and loves nothing more then making people suffer, especially Kirechk. If he had his way... the world would probably go up in flames. XD; That, actually, is all there really is to his bio.
Theme song: "I see this village, what does it hold? What shall I butcher them with? Fire or cold?"
Other notes: -Doriki has been gifted by Rommy with the nick-name 'Dork'... which we freaking LOVE using. >D
- Doriki has an... unnatural affection for kittens or any sort of feline. Not for killing or torturing or anything, but for pets like you or I might have.

(Hobgoblin: CRUNCH! FEY IN THE BASE!
Adran: *waves cheerfully*)

Last edited by Lathrine; 06-12-2009 at 11:50 PM..

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 09-21-2008, 04:53 PM

(First, I would like to convey my deep respect for Kirechk due to his theme song. The man represents! Much admiration for anyone who has a theme song like through the Fire and Flames. That song is freaking HARD to beat on Guitar Hero! Secondly, I do believe that Nami and Co. are from a different world than D’iala and Co. :< Mostly because if Dork and Kirechk are 400 and as old as the world they live, and Slaine and Lothaire are several thousand years old, that kind of creates a problem. Just a little. o_o But that’s what portals are for, so all is well. *thumbs up* And now for a butt-load of text!)

Name: Nami (Nam, Mi-Mi) (pronounced nah-mee)
Date of Birth: N/A
Race: Góreckivâsni/Leppta
Special Abilities: She excels at water magic, able to use some other types.
Appearance: Nami has light brown hair that goes a bit past her waist, and she wears it in a braid. She’s short, and very much lacks a feminine figure. Her eyes are ice blue, and is tan from being constantly out of doors. She generally wears clothes that are easy to move in, protective arm guards, and gladiator-style sandals. Also, she has black dog ears and tail with white tips.
Bio: Nami is the youngest of four siblings, the three elder ones all brothers. Both of Nami’s parents died when she was eight, and she and her brothers were cared for by friends of the family until they could go to get a proper education- a boarding school for various races (drows, demons, trolls, etc) that are typically shunned by good races (elves, humans, etc) because of prejudices against their kind. She started there when she was 16.

Nami is studying to be an adventurer, like her brothers and father, and often takes time off from school to go questing. However, she doesn’t intend to adventure forever.
Theme song: Get Off of My Back - Bryan Adams
Other notes: -Nami’s boyfriend/husband is Lathrine’s charrie D’iala. :D
-A leppta (her mother’s race) is basically a giant dog that can turn into a human, though it retains it ears, tail, and other canine features. Góreckivâsni are non-human beings from the mountains. Nami can’t turn into a dog, but she does have the ears, and tail from her mother's blood.
-Nami’s brothers all pretty much hate each other. Nami is peacemaker.

Name: Kairune (Goes by Raie) (pronounced kai-roon, roon rhymes with boon, Raie is pronounced like ray)
Race: Góreckivâsni/Leppta
Special Abilities: He can turn into a giant dog. And drink lots of beer without getting drunk. And that’s about it.
Appearance: Kairune has black hair to the nape of his neck, though the sides in the very front are to his chin. His nails are long and claw-like, and he has very sharp canines. His eyes are a warm brown, and like Nami, he’s very tan. He pretty much wears anything he can move easily in. He has large tan dog ears that look rather more like kangaroo ears, and his tail (same color as his ears) is very bushy. He is of average height, but appears larger than he is, due to a broad and semi-muscular build.
Bio: Except for a notable falling out with their other two brothers, Raie’s bio basically matches Nami’s up through school. Though he’s five years older than she is, they were very close, and Raie has few fond memories of his childhood in which his sister is not present. He started at the boarding school when he was eighteen, and married a weather sprite named Varkal when he was 20.

Raie is also studying to be an adventurer, but is the only one of his siblings who is entirely dedicated to the profession. He intends to adventure until the day he dies.
Theme song: I'm On My Way - Phil Collins
Other notes: -Raie is a very laid back, easy going guy. Pretty much anyone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously can be friends with him, and it seems like there’s a permanently goofy grin etched onto his face.

Name: Slaine
Race: Succubus
Special Abilities: Dark/shadow/night magic, teleportation, magic, shape-shifting, magic, shadow-shifting, and more magic.
Appearance: Slaine is unnaturally tall, with a… very buxom and shapely figure. She wears her mid-back length black hair pined up to the back of her head, but leaves the front free. Her wardrobe consists mostly of elegant and revealing dresses. Her eyes are red, and her ears are pointed. Black dragonlike wings with white spikes on the tips are located up near her shoulders, and her clothes always have open backs to allow her wings easy movement.
Bio: Because she is so old, Slaine's past is a relative mystery, but she comes from a clan the advocates remaining neutral, though Slaine is slightly evil herself. In her time, she was one of the best students at the academy- she was also one of its first. She now teaches advanced shape-shifting there.
Roughly eight hundred years ago, Slaine married a vampire named Erebus, and the two had a single son named Derin. Several years later, Slaine found her husband was having an affair and killed him. She does not keep in close contact with her son, many of her friends are unaware she has one.

Slaine is currently number four on the cubi's Elder Council.
Theme song: Girl With One Eye - Florence + the Machine
Other notes: -Despite her violent nature and the fact she constantly complains about her own son, Slaine loves children.
-Though Nami is not a student of her's and the two are an unlikely pair, Slaine took an interest in her and the two are very close. Nami doesn't seem to notice the cruel and petty aspects of Slaine's nature.
-

Name: Lothaire (pronounced lo-tare, lo is said like ‘low’ and tare rhymes with fair)
Race: Incubus
Special Abilities: Dark magic, teleportation, shape-shifting, and other forms of magic.
Appearance: Lothaire is dark-skinned, tall and slender, with angular features and gold, catlike eyes. He wears his shoulder-length black and wavy hair loose. He is considered by most to be extremely handsome, and he plays that to his advantage. He dresses in the style of wealthy men of various countries from his world, what with jackets with gold buttons and ruffles on the neck of his shirt and such. His ears are pointed and he has bat-like, leathery wings.
Bio: Lothaire is very private about his personal history. He grew up in a desert country called Deaurenmier, and presumably, his life went very, very wrong for him to reach the level of wickedness he operates at. He was a top student at the academy, and was offered a job there almost immediately after completing his education. At 21, this made him the youngest teacher ever hired by the headmistress.

He is eleventh on the Elder Council. He is desperate for more power, and the ten above him all keep a close watch on his actions, as he would likely try to kill any one of them to advance himself.
Theme song: “I'm the fear that keeps you awake, I'm the shadows on the wall, I'm the monsters they become, I'm the nightmare in your skull.”
Other notes: -He’s a like a female when it comes to shoes. He owns about a billion pairs and they’re all very shiny and nice.

Last edited by Iltu; 03-01-2011 at 03:22 AM..

Lathrine

Old 09-21-2008, 07:11 PM

(*nodnod* I have so many other charries I want to use, but I think I'll keep them as major-minor characters, that way I won't have to add more onto the Bios. Like you said, having 400 bios is not a good way to start off D:
I'll go ahead and make the first RP post, since I'm typing anyways. XD )

It was possibly the most perfect-yet-slightly-stereotypical spring/summer day scene. A clear, blue sky spread above a lush forest that surrounded a grassy clearing and the small path that lead the short way to the nearby village. The clearing was of a decent size. Not huge and not tiny, but somewhere in the middle. To one side of the clearing stood a small, plain looking temple made of a combination of wood and stone. The door of the temple was made of a hard wood and was the shape of a half oval, though not very large. Next to the temple was a well-tended vegetable garden. The standard veggies grew from it; tomatoes, green beans, a few corn stalks, etc. along with a few berry plants and one or two fruit trees.

Of the clearing in general, very little of the grass was worn away and the plants and underbrush near the edges of the clearing was allowed to grow wild. Several bushes of wild roses grew near the forest, and a few near the temple. Across from said temple was a pond of crystal clear, clean water. Fish could be seen going about their fishy little lives among underwater plants and lily pad stalks while frogs croaked from the cat tails and mud. A small brook steamed from the far side of the pond, winding it's way int the forest and out of sight.

If you were to look back over at the garden, you would see a figure with chocolate colored skin wearing a sky blue robe with silver edging kneeling in the garden, a wicket basket lay on the ground next to him as he worked in the garden.

Last edited by Lathrine; 09-23-2008 at 01:33 AM..

Iltu

Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM

A young, dark-skinned man hurried into the clearing from the path to the town, shaking his unkempt black bangs out of his eyes as he did so. His violet eyes flitted over the temple, trying to gauge where the man he sought might be. His eyes darted over to the pond for a moment before returning his his gaze to the garden, where he finally spotted the priest. His face broke into a grin, "D'iala, sir!" he called to make the man aware of his presence as he jogged over to him, stopping several yards away.

Trovet, as the youth of maybe fifteen was called, bowed to D'iala respectfully, his braid slipping over his shoulder as he did, "Sir." He stood upright and looked at D'iala quizzically, launching into his reason for coming before D'iala could greet him in return, "Two demons came to the village, and are looking for a place to stay for a few days, but the villagers... aren't taking too kindly to it. I wondered if I might bring them here, so they could stay in the clearing and near the protection of the temple?" Trovet blinked his large eyes once, then broke into a sheepish smile, "If that's alright, sir."

Trovet was quite well acquainted with D'iala from several years before. Despite two human parents, his eyes were an unnatural shade of purple and his ears tapered to a slight point, making him a target for being picked on in his early years. Once he was ten or eleven, he'd realized the clearing was a good place to escape the teasing, he had often hidden behind the temple, where eventually, he met D'iala. Even now that most of the bullies had matured or moved on, Trovet often visited and helped to keep the temple clean or some such thing.

Last edited by Iltu; 03-01-2011 at 03:24 AM..

Lathrine

Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 AM

The priest set a few tomatoes in his basket, then stood up, brushing dirt off his hands. D'iala looked at the youth and smiled, closing his sky blue eyes as he did. "That's perfectly alright, Trovet."

((Sorry for the shortness... I couldn't think of anything that sounded right after that. XD))

Iltu

Old 09-22-2008, 01:53 AM

((No worries! Short responses happen. :3 I don't mind them.))

Trovet smiled, then bowed, "I'll return with them shortly," he promised before turning and dashing off for the town once again.

Not twenty minutes later, he returned, leading a man and a woman behind him. At a glance, they two might have only been traveling companions, or perhaps married, but under some scrutiny, it was clear that they were somehow related, despite their vastly different appearances. The two had the same eye shape, the same nose, the same gait, and even the same natural arch of their eyebrows, though the man's accented the good natured smile on his face, while the woman's made her appear thoughtful.

Trovet glanced from the two to D'iala, not quite sure what to say, "Ah... here they are..."
The man bowed at the waist and inclined his head. "Thanks for letting us stay here," he said with a grin as he straightened up, "No one else seemed quite peachy-keen with us being around. The name's Kairune."
He glanced at the woman beside him, who only stared at D'iala, looking him up and down. Kairune lightly hit her in the side, "Oi, Nam."
The woman started, jumping a bit before she offered a quick, jerky bow, "I'm Nami. Er... thank-you."

Last edited by Iltu; 03-01-2011 at 03:25 AM..

Lathrine

Old 09-22-2008, 03:30 AM

((I'm not quite sure why... but Nami made me squeal SO DAMN HARD just now. :lol:))

D'iala bowed to both of them in return. He hadn't reacted to Nami's staring at all, so it wasn't clear if he didn't care, or just honestly hadn't noticed. "I'm D'iala," he straightened, then smiled at them. "You are both quite welcome. Like you said, Kairune, the towns people aren't exactly what you would call excited over demons, unfortunately."

"Anyways, shall we get you two settled in?" He gestured towards the temple.

Last edited by Lathrine; 09-22-2008 at 09:40 PM..

Iltu

Old 09-22-2008, 07:57 PM

((:squee: I like when people squee over my characters! XD))

Kairune's grin continued to remain on his face, even as it had as they walked towards the temple. He looked at his sister, "How about you quit pretending like you aren't the loudmouth of the century and answer this one for us, eh?"
Nami turned her head towards him and shot him a dirty look, scrunching up her nose and scowling. Raie seemed amused by the action, and threw back his head, letting out a single bark of laughter.

Nami's features had smoothed once again to their natural thoughtful expression, though her eyebrows were now arched slightly downward. "Yes, please. ...If you weren't busy. We can wait."
"Finally, you remember your manners," Kairune chuckled, earning another quick glare from Nami.

Last edited by Iltu; 09-22-2008 at 10:23 PM..

Lathrine

Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM

((XD :squee:))

D'iala grinned. He was liking these travelers more and more with each passing minute. Why didn't the villagers like demons? It's not like they were evil or anything. In fact, most the time they were far nicer then most humans he knew. "Don't worry. I doubt anything will explode or burst into flames if I'm not picking tomatoes."

By about this time, they were standing in front of the temple door. D'iala grasped one handle, then stepped to the side so that the door swung wide open with a slight creak at the hinges. The priest motioned them inside. For a brief moment, he wondered if he should say 'Ladies first,' but decided against it. ((I'm going to assume that Nami and Raie step inside. If not... feel free to hit me with a fish. XD))

The inside of the temple wasn't much more elaborate then the outside, though it was different then the standard temple or church. The benches were all against the stone walls, standing quietly next to potted trees, plants and flower. Windows were placed both low down and high up on the walls, allowing a great deal of light to enter the room. A simple stone fountain sat in one corner, gurgling happily. In the right wall was a wooden door, carvings of birds, plants and weaving vines detailed the edges. At the far end of the room upon a five foot platform stood a life-size statue. The statue stood with one hand on his hip, the other by his side while great stone wings spread out from his back, casting a shadow on the floor. Long hair disappeared behind a feather headdress and his back. More feathers extended down both arms, disappearing briefly under the straps of a tunic that didn't seem to quite fit. A belt was around his waist, and the cuffs of long pants brushed bare feet.

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 AM

Trovet quickly bowed as the doors opened, "I should return home. My mother is expecting me." He looked to Kairune and Nami shyly, "I hope to see you again."
Kairune nodded, "Thanks for bringing us here."
Nami echoed his sentiments, and with a wave, Trovet trotted off towards town.

Once inside the temple, Kairune's attention immediately snapped to the statue. "Who's that?" he inquired of D'iala, walking over to it and looking up at it with an expression of curiosity.
Nami, still mostly quiet, had seemed more interested in the fountain, but her attentions turned to the stone once her brother had mentioned it. She tilted her head to one side as she viewed it from afar, her lips beginning to form a question, but halting abruptly.

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 AM

The priest bowed to Trovet before he left, wishing him a good night, then stepping inside the temple, closing the door behind him.

When Kairune had asked about the statue, D'iala was quiet for a moment, looking at the stone figure. "His name is Kirechk, the 'god' of life - also peace, but that goes hand in hand with life. Unfortunately, he really isn't that well known. In fact," he gave a small, quiet laugh. Off the top you wouldn't notice it, but it seemed to be very faintly tinged with sadness, "I think that this temple might be the only one dedicated to him that exists."

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 AM

"That's too bad," Nami spoke up, gazing at D'iala.
"Ah, and so she speaks."
Nami, hoping D'iala didn't notice, stuck her tongue out at Kairune for a fraction of a second. "Shut-up, Raie."

Raie held his hands up in mock surrender, a goofy grin on his face. He remained quiet, and his shoulders shook slightly with pent-up laughter.
Nami, as much as she wanted to roll her eyes at his behavior, refrained from doing so, looking back at D'iala. "Why is K... Kir... Kir... why is he," she waved a hand at the statue, "So unknown?"

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 AM

((:squee: at Nami))

D'iala grinned as the siblings teased each other. There were times he really wished that he had siblings. "I honestly don't know," he shrugged, "My theory is that there might have been inter-village battles or wars going on so people turned for a stronger, more 'inspiring' god."

He looked back towards the statue. "Kirechk isn't the strongest god out there. He's actually pretty weak, depending on how you look at him. So if there were wars or battles going on, chances are that people would abandon him in favor for a different god, like Doriki. Once the fighting was done, everyone probably just forgot about him."

It was evening now, and the light streaming through the windows had turned faintly golden.

Last edited by Lathrine; 09-23-2008 at 03:23 AM..

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM

"Who's Dor-"
Kairune interrupted her, "That seems... ah... backwards, doesn't it? Seems to me like you'd want to be looking to a god of peace in times of war, if there was any foreseeable way to avoid conflict." He almost added an after thought on how strange humans were in some retrospects, but remembered who they were talking to before he did. The corners of his mouth tugged up in a slight grin. As much as he wanted to laugh at himself for coming so close to making such a comment, he didn't. The current conversation wasn't quite appropriate for laughter, at least not in front of a newly met host. Even he could see that.

"Who's Doriki?" Nami repeated, "Why do people go to him instead?"
Kairune raised a brow at D'iala, "Oh dear, she's found her voice. She's always quiet when we get to a new place, I guess she's observing things. Careful what you say to her now, or it'll be a never-ending stream of questions-"
"At least it's not a never-ending stream of useless nonsense," Nami snapped, defensive, "Quit ribbing me in front of people!" She turned back to D'iala, simmering. "You can ignore him, please continue."

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM

The priest nodded. "One would think so, Kairune. Though I have long since learned that people don't tend to act the way one thinks they would. Bandits attacking temples, townsfolk begin stubborn from old prejudices and lies so they don't except demons," he sighed, "There are times this whole freaking world seems turned upside-down."

D'iala looked at Nami and smiled, both at her curiosity and her brothers teasings. "But, to answer your question Nami, Doriki is the god of death and war. As to why people go to him in stead... I have no idea." D'iala shrugged, "It's probably one of the questions that'll go unanswered for a very long time."

((*snerk* I tried to spell 'curiosity' with a 'q' at the front just now. XD))

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 PM

((XD))

"That's ridiculous," Nami said flatly, "Why would someone pray to the god of death in a war? Isn't the main goal to not die?"
"You're first question has been answered, and if you really need to ask that second one-"
"They were rhetorical questions," Nami said shortly, and then smoothly switched back to speaking to D'iala, "Are they praying for others to die, then? That seems... wrong. Or were they just praying for him to help them win the war?"

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM

((I looked at the start of the word for a while, going "That isn't right... @_@" then my brain caught up and went "IDIOT! Are you retarded or something? It's a GOD DAMNED 'C'!" XD))

"I'd assume that would be praying to him to help them win the war, but I'm not sure," D'iala stared down at his feet, a sheepish smile on his face, "I've tried my absolute hardest to stay away from his temples whenever I'm in town."

This, while true, was not always the case. Sometimes he had glimpsed the temples from across the cobble street. The buildings them selves were small, but had spires that stretched high into the air. The first time he saw those spires, he made his way through town to see what the temple looked like outside. Made of a dark, unknown stone, they seemed to suck the very light and air form around them. The once or twice he had seen one of the priests, a shiver had run up his spine. Something about them, cloaked in their blood-red robes and cloaks seemed... ominous, like staying near them would bring bad luck or death.

Ever since that first sight of them, he tried to stay far, far away from Doriki's temples.

Last edited by Lathrine; 09-23-2008 at 08:53 PM..

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 PM

((I do the same sort of thing all the time. XD))

Nami looked interested, "Why? Why do you stay away?" She shifted her weight to her other foot, and moved her pack to rest on her other shoulder. "What reason is there to avoid a building?"
"Probably the same reason we stay away from the downstairs section of the academy, Nami," Kairune cut in, in case D'iala was getting tired of her questioning, "The general creepiness and who or what might be lurking nearby." He looked at D'iala, "Or so I would assume."

Nami shook her head, but the answer seemed to satisfy her, because she moved onto her next question. "Why do you like this Kirechk better, if everyone else likes the other one?"
Kairune laughed, "Will you be done questioning him soon?"
Nami looked like she would have kicked him if D'iala was not present, "Maybe. I'm just interested."

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 PM

((:lol: Sorry for late response... fraking internet went away for the second time today. -_-; ))

D'iala nodded in response to Raie's comment. It was close enough. Besides, admitting that he was afraid of those priests and their god would make him look silly... like a coward. Granted, he did act like a coward most the time, but he didn't want to make them think he was one. This was his first real conversation with people besides Trovet and by the sun! He was NOT going to mess it up!

Then he looked up from his feet and addressed Nami's question, smiling. "Well, I guess a part of the reason is because Kirechk is more unknown then the others. But the main reason is, well... I guess I feel like I owe him it."

Unconsciously, he raised a hand and fingered at a thin, golden chain the hung 'round his neck and disappeared under the collar of his robe.

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 PM

Nami leaned forward curiously. "Why do you feel like you owe him? And what's that?" She asked, pointing at the chain.

Kairune shook his head, "Okay, Nami, enough's enough." He grinned at her, folding his arms over his chest. His bushy tail swished back and forth as he continued, "Unless you're trying to see if you can get a priest to throw us out by annoying him too much, you've got to draw the line somewhere, Nam."

Nami crossed her arms, hunched her shoulders and harrumphed, "I'm just curious."
Her brother laughed, "So you've said."

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 PM

D'iala grinned. "Believe me, Nami; You're curiosity is greatly appreciated. But," he glanced out the nearest window, "We probably should get you two settled in sometime before sunrise."

The sun had, in fact, finally set out side. And while the moon wasn't what you would call 'high in the sky,' it was definitely up there, shining silver rays of light onto the temple and surrounding grounds. The priest gestured towards the carved wooden door in the wall. "Well, what do you say that we settle you two in, and then see about some dinner?"

Iltu

Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 PM

Nami, suddenly distracted by the moon, let Kairune reply. "That would be great, thanks," he said with a nod and his ever-present smile, "And on the behalf of a certain chatterbox, I apologize for keeping you from your duties." He glanced at the girl in question, who was currently edging closer to the window.

"Hey, pay attention!" He called to her, not unkindly.
Nami jumped, spinning around to look at him, "I was paying attention!"
Kairune shook his head, laughing softly, "That's girls for you."
Nami flushed, turning away before D'iala could see, and pretended to look at the moon again. Brothers could be so unagreeable! That Raie... He just had to try and egg her on and embarrass her. Nami's interaction with humans was sparse, at best, and she found D'iala interesting. She only talked to him so much because she wondered about what humans were like. That was the single reason. Nothing else. ...Right? Right?

Last edited by Iltu; 03-01-2011 at 03:26 AM..

Lathrine

Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 PM

((Suuuuure, Nami. What ever you say... I'm sure that's the only reason... *giggling like a fiend over here*:lol:))

"Don't worry about it. Like I said, I doubt anything would blow up if I wasn't picking tomatoes. Besides," he laughed, "It's not like there's any duties to be done here." he looked around the room, "I don't exactly send fliers into town to advertise the temple. Truth be told, I kinda of like it with out lots of people. It seems more peaceful that why."

Then D'iala smiled, looking back at Kairune and Nami. "It's also nice to have visitors, though. Next to Trovet, you two are the only ones who have come by in a while now."

He bowed to them, then walked over to the door and held it open. Beyond it was a hallway lit by torches, casting a warm glow over the walls. Inlaid in the walls were several doors that probably led to bedrooms.

((FYI: One of the rooms has a book that explains the various gods and their weaknesses. I don't mind if the room Nami picks has that book in it or not. :3))

Iltu

Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 AM

((*is also giggling* I love manipulating my characters. >3 Also, Nami shall choose that room. :P))

Nami looked from D'iala to the hallway, then back at D'iala again. "There's more than one door," she observed, "And you said that there wasn't any other visitors that often... If you don't mind my asking... Does that mean Raie and I get separate rooms?"
"Did you just- ouch, Nam!" Despite the mock-wounded look on his face, Raie's eyes sparkled, "Yeesh! Talk about harsh, eh?"
"I always have to share a room with you when we travel, it's nice to have a break," Nami quipped, then looked at D'iala. "I mean... if that's allowed..."

Last edited by Iltu; 03-01-2011 at 03:26 AM..