The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 PM

The smell of baking bread filled the early morning air as people in town started moving around and getting things going. Bright blue eyes and chestnut brown hair was one of the first people up and about in the streets. A smile formed on Sora's face as he headed down the street, seeing who was all awake before heading back to his family's bakery. His father was the only one awake so far and was pulling out freshly made rolls and other assortment of breads out of the oven. He piled them onto a plate and handed him to his son. Sora's smile grew slightly as he took the tray and headed out into the street to sell them to early morning people. Of course, later in the day, people would come into the bakery to get their goods. But it was always easier to get them as Sora went passed.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Riku was normally an early riser and today was no different, up even before his personal servant was Riku dressed quickly and slipped from the room. Early morning light fell in beams through the window lighting his way as he walked through the halls. He was a little surprised his servant was still asleep the man was normally up before him, maybe he wasn't feeling well this morning. He passed a few people on his walk but most didn't give him a second glance, maybe they were tired, but it was probably due to the fact that Riku had a hood covering his face. On a spur of the moment decision Riku had decided to go down into town today, he didn't usually get to go and going alone was an attractive adventure.
Getting out of the castle was surprisingly easy, especially so considering he used the servants entrance, once outside he followed the path down to the village, his monies clinking in the bag he carried.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 PM

People who were actually up and about in the street greeted Sora cheerfully enough, but he could tell that they were all tired. He was the only person he knew that could get up at the crack of dawn and be happy throughout the day. They bought his different rolls and grains and he went back to the bakery twice to restock.
A curious look crossed his face at the sight of someone approaching. They rarely got people visiting. Or passing through, for that matter. So he gripped his tray tightly and approached whoever this was, a smile on his face. "Morning~" he greeted. "Can I persuade you to buy a roll?" he asked.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 PM

Riku ambled along the path but resisted the urge to throw back his hood, he wasn't far enough away from the palace yet. The further he walked the more he began to relax, throwing off all the proper and uptight formality of the castle. He felt freer then he had in a long time, it wasn't long before he was walking along the streets of the village throwing back his hood he pushed the a few strands of white hair out of his eyes.
He ran into a young bakers son clutching a tray of tempting rolls, " sure they smell great" he said taking a few rolls and flipping him a coin. Smiling at him he walked away taking a seat under a tree he ate one of the rolls slowly savoring the fluffiness of each bite. The young man who was selling them passed by him a few times as he sold the tray to the townfolks

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 PM

Sora smiled lightly, happy about the fact he managed to sell a few rolls to a complete stranger. It normally took his father longer to do so. He took the coin and put in a money pouch as he continued along the street, selling to the people as they appeared. He continued this for about another hour or so before he put the tray back into the bakery. Now if people wanted some bread or rolls, they would have to go get it themselves. He put the money pouch upstairs where his family lived before running back out. He planned on hunting down his friends, but he passed by this strange man again and he paused. Curiosity took over and he approached him. ".. Excuse me.. But may I ask where you're from?" he asked.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 AM

Riku was in the middle of tearing into anther roll when the young man from before broke into his thoughts, startled he dropped the half eaten roll in the dirt "oops" he mumbled, before looking up into the bright happy face of the young man selling the rolls. "Where I'm from?" he repeated unsure if he should answer the question truthfully "I come from the castle" he said finally after a moment of silence. Maybe the boy would think he was a servant

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-25-2011, 02:14 AM

An apologetic look crossed Sora's face. He hadn't meant for the man to drop his roll. He made a mental note to get him a new one later, since it was his fault that it was dropped in the first place. Curiosity filled his expression though when he heard where Riku was from. "Really? That's so cool!" he exclaimed, smiling happily. "What do you do there? Are you a knight or something?" he asked. He knew he was probably being nosy, but he truly was just curious.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 AM

"No I'm not a knight, though I do know how to use a sword. I guess you could call me a jack of all trades I do a few things" Riku said wondering if maybe he was revealing a little to much. It wasn't a lie he did know how to use a sword, clean it and keep it in good repair, train a horse and care for one, cook though pretty badly. While some wealthy lords had people do everything for them including dress, Riku had always thought that was stupid and dressed and cleaned up after himself.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 AM

Sora listened quietly and nodded thoughtfully when Riku was done talking. "That sounds cool." he said. He meant it too. It sounded a lot better than any of the jobs around town. He does love his job, he really does! It's just that... He wishes he could do more with his life, explore a little. "What brings you to this small town?" he asked, curiosity showing in his voice. This was a rather small town and most castle people didn't bother stopping here. "Oh! I'm Sora, by the way. It's nice to meet you."

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2011, 02:41 AM

"Well I've never really been out of the castle on my own and just wanted to get out you know have some fun before I'm dragged back." Riku said and immediately regretted it, he had better be careful what he said if I don't watch myself he might just figure things out I mean he doesn't look like a dumb guy Riku was so caught up in what he was thinking he almost didn't catch Sora's name. "Oh I'm Riku it's nice to meet you"

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Sora smiled happily when Riku introduced himself. But he tilted his head curiously at the being dragged back to the castle part. That didn't seem like something that would happen to someone who is... A jack of trades? It seems kind of odd... But he wasn't going to say anything about it. "You know, if you want, I can give you a tour around town." he offered.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 AM

"Yeah that sounds good" Riku said quickly jumping at the chance to change the subject, there was the glint of confusion, or more rightly curiousness in Sora's eyes clearly he wasn't sure what to think about Riku's answer but was to polite to say anything. Getting to his feet he dusted crumbs from his front and dirt off his backside. "Alrighty whenever your ready"

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-27-2011, 01:55 AM

Sora smiled lightly when Riku agreed to the tour. He knew people thought he was probably too trusting, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to help people. And even if this guy turned out to be some psychotic murderer, the brunette knew he could handle it in a fight. "Alright! Let's get going!" he said, turning and walking down the street slowly, making sure that Riku was following.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2011, 02:19 AM

"I'm guessing you've lived here all your life" Riku asked as a way of starting a new conversation, it wasn't a terribly large village and while Sora was friendly Riku still wasn't sure if Sora liked him or not, it would be nice to think he had a friend outside the castle that he could come to visit sometimes. Now that he was thinking about it he wondered if anyone had noticed he was gone, they probably had and were searching for him. But he didn't think they would find him here of all places

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Sora nodded. "Yep! I was born in our clinic, right over there." he said, pointing towards a medium-small building with the word clinic over it. Yeah, it wasn't that big. But it didn't need to be. There weren't many people who go through it daily, so it didn't need to be any bigger than it already was.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 AM

Riku nodded looking at the building, it was a simple building didn't really stand out but then it wasn't to large a town they wouldn't need a very large medical building. Riku could have chosen the larger city right outside the castle, but the people there or at least most of the people knew him. He didn't want to take that chance so instead he had made the walk, it really wasn't to far to come to this smaller town, they all knew the prince but he didn't think most of them knew what he looked like. "It must be nice having grown up here" he commented reflecting. Sure the castle had plenty of luxuries but no privacy one thing he craved. People were forever around him, guards, servants, sons or daughters of noblemen who wanted to kiss up to the prince. Especially the daughter of the Duchess Ms Madeline who was forever on his arm hoping he would fall in love with her.

The Cloaked Schemer
An almighty ninja~

Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 AM

((Sorry for taking so long to answer! Please forgive me and I hope you're still wanting to rp!))

Sora smiled lightly and nodded. There was no where else he would have rather been born in. This town was small where everyone knew everybody and they helped each other out. He knew in larger cities that wasn't the case, so he was glad to be in this type of community. "Yeah. It's very nice." he said, running a hand through his hair. He was very tempted to ask Riku where he grew up was like, but he really didn't want to feel like he was prying. Plus, there was always the small chance that he was risking scaring the new guy away, so that was the last thing he wanted.