Reno Sinclair
To those I roleplay with -- I'm ...

Old 08-10-2011, 03:20 AM

The sand didn't feel quite as hot beneath his paws, and, curiously, the small fox poked his head out of the rocky den he'd found himself in. Looking up, he saw the sky, as his ears dusted the ground, and he curiously padded out from beneath the outcropping. Making his way, nearly skipping, down a small hill of rocks, the little animal stopped short once arriving on level ground.

Horrible, hairless, ugly monsters stared at him through what appeared to be an invisible barrier. With a startled yip, he ran from the bottom and ducked back inside his small cave-like home, cowering with his tail tucked beneath his legs. Shuddering a little, he licked his maw some and flattened his ears out against the back of his head, getting as close to the ground as possible.

"What's the matter, pup?" A deep voice croaked from just outside, "Never been ta a zoo b'fore?"

A rather fat and glorious toad crawled into view, situating himself on the warm rock and basking as he spoke. When the fox gave a slight shake of his head, the toad simply nodded.

"I figured as much. It's a place where those fleshy things come to watch us. They find us to be entertaining, and they bring their young here to learn."

After a few more minutes of speech, the toad finally convinced the Fennec to leave the small confines of his new bed, and venture around, chasing the toad and playing games with himself.

He did this all day, until he was far too tired to stay awake. Being used to the desert, the heat hadn't hurt him so much as the fact that he was just exhausted. But, when he went to lay in his new little den, he found he was too big. That weird thing must have happened again.

Rilath
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 AM

Night, Toby loved it, he was the zookeeper, and security guard for the zoo. He smiled as he started to go through his rounds, feeding the animals, and making sure that they were all alive, and healthy, and to even check, and see how the new arrival was doing.

He went around, and finally went around, and got to the new arrival's cage. He looked around the cage, and finally went to the cage, and jumped back. “Whoah, who are you, and why are you in the fennec fox cage?” He asked a little bit nervous.

Reno Sinclair
To those I roleplay with -- I'm ...

Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 AM

The blond now sitting in the cage, naked as the day he was born, turned a little to look at the new human. Tilting his head, two large fox ears were apparent jutting out of his slightly shaggy hair. Large brown eyes looked at the other and a soft, bottlebrush tail wagged a few thumps against the sand.

"I am a Fennec Fox." He replied, pouting some, now, and it looked adorable. But he certainly didn't look like a fox, not at this moment.

Rilath
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 AM

Toby stared at the boy for a moment, and looked around the cage, confused. What was this kid even doing here? And why did he even think he was a Fennec Fox? The man walked over to the boy, even more confused than ever. He pulled at the boy's ear, and Stared at him for a little bit, and trying to see if the ears were fake.

He stared at the boy a little bit more, and finally walked over and got him a blanket. "Tell me something, if you are a fennec fox, then how do you look, and sound human?" He asked softly.

(I hope this is better)

Last edited by Rilath; 08-10-2011 at 04:15 AM..