Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-23-2016, 04:23 AM

So Netflix has started a new show called Shadowhunters, based on the book series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
It's interesting because so far (2 episodes in) it seems like it's actually better than the books, like they took the series and did some extra polishing to it to fill some of the plot holes, which is pretty unique for a TV adaptation.

It's also interesting because Netflix seems to be updating it weekly, rather than releasing the whole show at once which is their usual jam. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm assuming it's because it's on a normal TV channel at the same time?

Is anyone else watching, what do you think of it?

So far my favourite characters are Izzy and Luke, for different reasons.

BiggestSissy

Old 02-24-2016, 02:31 AM

I plan on watching it soon. I'm kind of skeptical, to be honest. I've seen the movie, so my view is kind of skewed by it.
But it seems like it might be worth a shot.

I wonder if Netflix has it that way in case it's a flop or something...? Maybe there hasn't been much hype about it, so they're just testing the waters first. I bet if it's popularity goes up they'll go back the 'norm' and post at once. Although your assumption sounds pretty reasonable too :P

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-28-2016, 09:49 PM

I mean, I won't lie, it's not an objectively good show. But that's not why I'm watching it, if that makes sense? I kind of like that it's a bit overacted and a bit trashy.