Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post
High table -> Needs higher chair -> Higher chair means legs and dangling -> Dangling legs kill my thighs -> Needs leg rest

You can commission me any time. I'll open a special slot for you, because you're you. <33
<3333 Let me just save up some then :P I have loan repayments for school starting this next month OTL

And that makes sense :P XD You could be like me and just use your laptop fingerpad to art....of course that's probably why I'm not very good XD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM

SPECIAL SLOT?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 02-22-2015, 01:24 PM

If I had a laptop I'd have fewer of these shoulder problems! It's because I'm using a desktop, I can't exactly move my PC around. It's remarkably heavy and hefty, and I'd know because I had to carry it to dig into the inner workings many times already. xD

I've not practiced fingerpad art in ages! I think I'm okay with mouse art, though, if my adventures with dA Muro are anything to go by.

I have... bills, lots of bills. Adult life is taxing, and pun is very much intended. "orz

YES, SPECIAL SLOT, ANNA.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-22-2015, 01:24 PM

/eats it and flees.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 PM

*puts down bait of shrine filled with firebird and cat arts* >:U

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM

haha I know what you mean about the desktop...I haven't had one in ages and I'm grateful!

I used to use a mouse for art - then I think I killed my wrist - I couldn't even use the mouse to browse the internet more than ten minutes without it hurting so bad I had to stop. OTL

I now have an art tablet :) I won it :D And I use it when I CG - but for my pixels I just use the laptop fingerpad XDDD It's just easier than taking out the tablet haha

Bills :( They make me sad OTL I am glad I paid off my car though - so I only have loan payments on top of rent,water,electric,internet...not loan AND car payments XD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-22-2015, 01:30 PM

Fuck.

Must... Resist...

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-22-2015, 01:37 PM

I do like having a desktop, though! It's just a miscalculation on the part of the table when I bought it.

Aww Yeah, I've had that period too. I use my tablet for navigation sometimes because of that. Like currently, my thumb area is feeling a bit of an ache from using the mouse for a little too long. The tablet is such a relief to have, I've to admit! And that is very true, it's so much easier for pixels because you can just taptap into the areas. Drawing may be another story. xD

I'm still paying off my car, but I thankfully have no loans. There are other installments, though, to top off bills. So many bills. "orz

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-22-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I do like having a desktop, though! It's just a miscalculation on the part of the table when I bought it.

Aww Yeah, I've had that period too. I use my tablet for navigation sometimes because of that. Like currently, my thumb area is feeling a bit of an ache from using the mouse for a little too long. The tablet is such a relief to have, I've to admit! And that is very true, it's so much easier for pixels because you can just taptap into the areas. Drawing may be another story. xD

I'm still paying off my car, but I thankfully have no loans. There are other installments, though, to top off bills. So many bills. "orz
The tablet, for me, was also a huge relief. I plugged it in and starting using it and my wrist was fine! I still have trouble with a mouse after extended periods of time even though it's been years. So I'm grateful to hae it :D

Oi bills OTL I wish I lived with no bills LOL

@Anna - it's hard to resist! LOL

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-22-2015, 01:50 PM

Yeah, the wrist pains never quite go away once you get them, do they...? >.<
There are these touch screen monitors that are all the rage these days, maybe one day. I'm very particular about fingerprints on my screen, though, so who knows if I'll get them!

Everyone wishes they have no bills. "orz

Moving on to another topic! Have you arted lately not pixels?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the wrist pains never quite go away once you get them, do they...? >.<
There are these touch screen monitors that are all the rage these days, maybe one day. I'm very particular about fingerprints on my screen, though, so who knows if I'll get them!

Everyone wishes they have no bills. "orz

Moving on to another topic! Have you arted lately not pixels?
They never really do unfortunately :( And the wrist that I use, (I'm right handed) is the one I just fell on the other day so it's a little tender OTL

I haven't actually OTL I need to D: I miss drawing!!! I feel like I've lost all my skill though D:

---------- Post added 02-22-2015 at 02:39 PM ----------

So I was going through old art just now and really realized that I was at my creative peak when I was in my darkest place - I had really bad depression in high school and a lot of creative stuff poured out of me at that time. I am not interested in replicating those emotions...but I feel like getting rid of some of the baggage and memories may help. So I'm scraping old pictures and deleting journals on my DA right now - and severely wishing there was a "delete" all button for journal since I have 19 pages worth of them since joining lol

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-24-2015, 01:32 PM

Don't stress your wrist so much! D:
Buying a new mouse becomes a bit more of a chore for me too. There's a very specific size and shape of the mouse that my wrist can stand for long periods. Too small and my finger joints protest, too big and my wrist screams, too flat and my arm hates me etc. xD

Drawing is like riding a bicycle, when you start again after some time it'll be a little shaky and rusty, but once you're in the flow again, everything comes back! Start drawing your favourite bits and then go from there. *thumbs up*

Oooh Yes, I know what you mean. I did my dA "purge" a few years ago, and my old entries and art comments made me want to dig a hole, bury myself in there, and never come back out. I draw more when I'm emotionally stressed, I wonder if it's a psychological thing? Drawing is comforting in a way, so it helps ease the down moods somewhat.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-27-2015, 04:20 PM

I was testing out Manga Studio 5 and after an hour gave up and moved back to Photoshop.
Maybe starting out with painting on Manga Studio was a little too ambitious. I'll try sketches and lineart first in the future.

---------- Post added 02-28-2015 at 05:03 AM ----------

I went digging into my old dA storage and found an old art of Xae I forgot I ever drew.

Last edited by Iro; 02-28-2015 at 11:56 AM..