shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM

[[ D 0 K I - D 0 K I ]]

Hi, all! shosho/shox2 here ^_^ You can call just call me "sho" or "shosho" or "shox" XD;

I guess like many of you, I come here from Gaia XD; Love art! *3* I commission other artists there since sometimes, I get too lazy to draw my own XD; Actually, as an artist, I'm nowhere near as great as a lot of you here *A* [omg, lots of hot artists!], but I thought I'd post some of my stuff here, too! <33 My style's almost always changing, so I'm sorry that I don't really have any "consistent" style TTATT; I'm still working on that though! I've always been interested in drawing, but didn't really seriously start to draw until 2003 (when I joined DA and Ochiba.net). If you haven't notice, I ramble a lot hahah.

Generally, Chibis > Non-Chibi for me to do. Less restrictions @_@; That's why most of my samples are chibis ^^; If I do non-chibis, I usually do males > females. The female's anatomy is still such a bigger wonder to me than male's (bewbs = enemy) >A<;;;

I'm not taking commissions here... yet? ^^; I'm not sure if I will either. The only commissions I'm taking at the moment are RL ones. Please, consider that if you like my art <3

I'm planning to use this thread to show any of the art that I'm currently working on

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to visit and enjoy! X3

-- Where you can find me: (not very creative w/ my names XD)
Chibis: [mix of oekaki/CGs/copic -- I do chibis more often]
Non-chibi Oekaki: [I do my oekakis @ Ochiba.net, the most awesome oekaki place! Friendly users AND fun! X3 <3]
Non-chibi CGs:
*Just as a common disclaimer: All characters in any of my art work belong to their respective owners. All of the art you see here/my DA/my y!gal is mine and mine alone. You may not steal and/or edit any of them. ;___; Please, don't do this.

Last edited by shosho; 08-31-2008 at 11:16 AM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM

[[ L A T E S T - W O R K ]]
- so out of date -

Artwork: :!: [ A N O N I x P H O ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: October 14, 2007
Tool Used: Deleter CG Illustrator + Photoshop CS2
Time Taken: 6-8 hours-ish
Comment: [on the actual link]

:!: [ F R U I T Y . H E R B E R T ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: October 14, 2007
Tool Used: Deleter CG Illustrator + Photoshop CS2
Time Taken: 1 hour-ish
Comment: [on the actual link]

=======================

[[ F I N I S H E D - W O R K S ]]

C Y R Y L -- Completed 09/26/07 (character belongs to shinigami-chan02 @ DA)
M A R G A R E T -- Completed 09/25/07 (character belongs to shinigami-chan02 @ DA)
B E R E N I K A -- Completed 09/21/07 (character belongs to shinigami-chan02 @ DA)
S O U T H E R N . C R O S S -- Completed 09/19/07 (character belongs to shinigami-chan02 @ DA)
G W I A Z D U S -- Completed 09/17/07 (character belongs to shinigami-chan02 @ DA)
V E Y E R -- Completed 08/15/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
W H Y ? -- Completed 08/11/07 (random doodle)
N I T T A -- Completed 07/12/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
S H O @ M E N E -- Completed 06/25/07 (sho's menewsha avatar)
L I N E A R -- Completed 06/09/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
A L T H A Y -- Completed 06/01/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
M U R A S A K I -- Completed 05/10/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
R E I R A -- Completed 04/26/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
H A P P Y - C O U P L E -- Completed 04/24/07 (RL commissioned by Caillen/Swyth)
M U T A R E -- Completed 04/13/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)
A Y A -- Completed 04/10/07 (character belongs to Ghostwolfe)
A I Y A N A -- Completed 03/27/07 (avatar based on Aiyana)
F A B U L O U S . F A B I A N -- Completed on 03/22/07 (character belongs to Harkem)
P O O . B U N N Y -- Completed on 03/21/07 (based on current Gaian avatar)
M U T A R E -- Completed on 03/16/07 (character belongs to Yumehayla)

=======================

[[ T O - D O - L I S T ]]
- in order of importance -

RL commissions > Gaian/Menewshan commissions > freebies

1. Aeris's RL commission -- SUGIZO
2. chipyun's auction pieces (2x collab works with mai)
3. birthday and commission freebies (sakura_madison, anoni, crys, miyu, twizzy)
4. 12345 y!gal kiriban for Daisy -- from back in... 2006? XD;
5. Noa x Olenji freebie <3
6. Minji's mail! TT3TT <333
7. pixelID fever on DA! TAT; so want to do this now~

Last edited by shosho; 08-31-2008 at 12:54 PM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM

Short Comic Collabs with FROG-VAMP -- ZAFIR x SEIJI

I met Frog-Vamp on Gaia around August/September of 2005, I think? I'm always so bad with time, but it feels like we've known each other forever! We quickly became friends and soon enough, we created some characters that we both love so much! One pairing in particular is my Zafir and her Dr. Seiji. We're planning on making an "official story" for them, but until then, we've only managed on doing short comic doodles that we do in msn/p-chat collab sessions.

These are all sketches, and compared to Vamp's work, my sketches are SO messy! XD;;; So, please, don't mind them too much XD;;;

Basic Premise of the Story: Dr. Seiji, a human, has been kidnapped into the demon's world, called Kalaband (10 points to whoever can guess where I got that name from XD;) by Rehan, the narcissistic future prince of that world. The prince then orders one of his knights, Zafir (who highly dislikes Rehan but has no choice but to obey XD), to take care of the human doctor while he's... "away." This is their story.

*THIS IS SHOUNEN AI/YAOI WORK, so if this isn't your cup-o-tea, please, bear in mind that if you negatively criticize because it's shounen-ai, I will ignore your comment. :D I will never post the pg13+ stuff here though ^^; So no worries :3

Most of the stories can be found in ZxS Club @ y!gal, too. It's not updated often since both Vamp and I are busy ;___; but you're more than welcome to join if you have an account there. ^_^ ENJOY! <3

Kiki Case: [All compiled XD]

Jealousy:
Sickness:
Chop Roast: [ANIMATED]

*Just a disclaimer: The characters for this story and the artwork belong to frog-vamp and me. Please, do not steal them ;__;

Last edited by shosho; 08-31-2008 at 12:47 PM..

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 06:12 PM

[[ T U T O R I A L S ]]

Okay, I found these tutorials in DA hehe. Just do a search on "oekaki tutorial," "shipainter tutorial," or "paintbbs tutorial" and you should be able to find more :3 But here are some oekaki tutorials that I find really helpful. Sorry that most of them are PaintBBS XD;;; but that's the oekaki applet that I use the most, so... ta-da XD;

Just keep in mind that these are just guides and by no-means are restrictive :3 You may find other techniques that work for you~ X3

Hahah... I talk as if these are my tutorials XD; Heck no @___@;; I hope some of they're as useful to use for some of you as they are to me~

PaintBBS Tutorials:
by Kohaku-Ookami -- basic tutorial on PaintBBS tools :3
by rainbow-walrus -- more extensive basic tutorial. Part 1 of her tutorial :3
by our -- this tutorial deals with cell shading and use of screentone.
by setsuna22 -- not too detailed in the tool usage, but *A*; she uses a mouse and still so damn good!
by shadowkitsunekirby -- not my favorite method to use because I suck at this hahah... but here's lineless method :3

ShiPainter/ShiPainter Pro Tutorials:
by teamsugoi1 -- coloring and lining in shi
by Picormdwe -- also coloring and lining in shi

If I find other helpful tutorials, I'll try to put them up here :3

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 PM

[[ NOTES TO SELF ]]

This is just an additional notes section to remind me of the small orders I've made on some of the artshops that I can afford here ^^;

Shop: Temp Shoppe by Vestien
Ordered: b/w headshot (Lucien) on March 25, 2007 GMT+7
Status: NOT RECEIVED YET-- already donated 150 gold on 03/26 /07 <=== probably is lost forever TAT;

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-09-2007, 06:34 PM

wow your males are really sexy *pets them all* i like your stye ^o^ hehe and welcome to Menewsha ^^ *plonks lawn chair in the corner to watch*

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM

[[ P A S T - C O M M E N T S ]]
discontinued since sho's so lazy like that XD

Artwork: :!: [ R E I R A ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: April 26, 2007
Tool Used: PaintBBS
Time Taken: 3 hours-ish?
Comment: over here on p.41

Reira (c) Yumehayla
Art (c) me

====================

Artwork: :!: [ H A P P Y - C O U P L E ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: April 24, 2007
Tool Used: 95% Deleter's CG Illustrator & 5% Photoshop CS2
Time Taken: Who knows? @_@;
Comment: over here on p.40

RL Commissioned by Caillen/Swyth
Art (c) me

====================

Artwork: :!: [ M U T A R E ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: April 13, 2007
Time Taken: 2 hours... [with lots of distractions... and I'm generally slow anyway ^^;]
Comment: H'okay! 1 of 10 pictures for Yume is done. First up, chibi Mutare! I had a lot of fun with this one XD; Took longer than expected, but still fun. The idea was taken from the description given by Yume :3 "Acts like the one and only queen of the world"

Mutare (c) Yumehayla
Art (c) me

====================

Artwork: :!: [ A Y A ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: April 10, 2007
Tool Used: Deleter's CG Illustrator 2.20
Time Taken: days... [with lots of distractions... and I'm generally slow anyway ^^;]
Comment: This is a RL commision of Aya, an RP character that belongs to one of my bestfriends, Ghostwolf. He's a half drow, a quarter vampire, and a quarter wolf breed. Yeah. He's a mutt XD; The shirt he's wearing is supposed to look "loose" though I'm not sure if I achieved that very well ^^; It belongs to his beloved Ren [my character that has yet... make any appearance outside my head ^^;;;]. I don't know if it's really visible, but the locket or charm bracelet he wears contains abbreviations of "A" and "R." Shaddap~ It's hard trying to be original these days XD;;; Anyway, Aya LOVES his chocolates! ;D He gets fooled several (read "many") times because of the lure heheh. Cute and "innocent."

Overall, I really like how this picture came out ^^. I hope the commissioner will, too!

Aya (c) Ghostwolf
Art (c) me

====================

Artwork: :!: [ A I Y A N A ] :!:
Actual Completed Date: March 27, 2007
Time Taken: 200 minutes [with lots of distractions... and I'm generally slow anyway ^^;]
Comment: This is a thank you gift for Aiyana since she randomly decided to donate me a v-day pendant! :shock: *points @ avatar's neck* I actually own at least one valentine's day's item!!! I didn't even know her (nor did I actually make any announcements that I was "questing"... I don't think??)~ ;_____; Sorry that it's a boring bust shot, but I actually like how this came out XD; I tried to draw and color the lips a little differently then what I used to, so it's kind of refreshing for me XD; I hope she'll like it *3* <333 THANK YOU AGAIN, AIYANA-SAN~ <333

Art (c) me~

Last edited by shosho; 08-31-2008 at 12:46 PM..

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-09-2007, 07:14 PM

heheh yes i know saimai ^^ shes on gaia and i chat with her eon there every so often <3 shes a loverly artist with super sexy drawing skills ^o^/ hahaha not so sure i know you though (maybe i do? i have kind of a bad memory though). haha and yesh im on gaia with the same name ^o^ makes things easier.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM

TAT; *stabs internet + curses weather* Makes editing posts here so much slower for me TTATT;;

@ jitsumi: Un! Sou sou~ She's so adorable! X3 I've gotten to know her recently and she's just so dang cute! her art is super awesome! I'd love to show you the ones she did for me, but unfortunately, my internet's already dying as it is I'm afraid it's going to disconnect me if I open photobucket XD;;; And I don't think we've talked before? I'm on gaia under shox2 XD;

Where do you usually hang out? :o

@ 13 phones: hehe, what I'd really like to be able to do is traditional media stuff *3* and landscape! and most of all, painting with traditional oil paints! >A<; I'm too scared to try that hahah... So used to my CTRL+Z! XD;;;

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Yeah, I think one day I'd like to try oil pastel *3* I saw Luc's tutorials on the watercolor stuff and I just want to try those~ That should be fun~ I need to make sure I have limitless supply though because I will make a lot of mistakes XD;;;

By the way, your avatar is oh-so-pretty, 13! *3* I saw some valentine items! So pretty! I wish I had some, too XD;

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-09-2007, 07:45 PM

heheh i've gotten a few from Mai myself, i think 2 *thinks* and probably going to try and get more at some point (just need to sell off one of my items or something) lol. humm and usually on gaia.. lately ive been lurking around more then anything. im generally in my shop or in the mentor guildy getting all the help thats possibly offered from those lovelies in the guildy.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Ou, yay! X3 <3 Those look damn awesome, Jitsumi-san~ *3* Are those your original characters? :o The last one sort of reminds me of seishomaru (though I'm not too familiar with Inuyasha series at all) XD;;; Those were from her sketch shop, huh? :o I keep missing those XD;;; *sticks w/ auction instead* lol

Dr.Seiji
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Dr.Seiji Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Seiji

Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 PM

*glomps Shochii*
>3<!!!!!! YAY for Menewsha *3*!!! and love your gallery XD!!! *hugs hugs*

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 08:24 PM

yay! Sei! you're here, too! X3 <3 You got the crown, eh? yay! X3 I'm sorry for the slowness, love~ ;_; Working on that extra section for the zafxsei doodles XD;;;

Dr.Seiji
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Dr.Seiji Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Seiji

Old 03-09-2007, 08:28 PM

XD awwww I just noticed you got a king crown XD!!!!!
ooh!! XD don't worry about it ne~~ *3*! I'm drawing too!!!
XD!!!! ZafxSei doodle~~!!!??? YAY~~! mi tai na~~~~ *3*!!!

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Argh! this connection is so slow! I don't know if the edit on the ZafxSei went through or not TTATT; I hope it did~ *hopes hopes*

Licious
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Licious Send a message via MSN to Licious

Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM

Very very cute. Probably the cutest art I have seen on this site yet.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:44 AM

You make the awesomest long threads ever. xD And I love your art, especially the chibis. ^^ *waits for refs* D:

*leaves love for Shosho* <3

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 10:46 AM

@ sei: heheh, I meant it more like, the ZafxSei comic pchats we've done XD; I need to continue my commission TT3TT;; but today my sister wants to borrow my laptop to watch DVDs haha. I'm going to let her since I've been hogging up the internet ^^;;

@ Licious: E?? Really?? *A* Thank you! There are a lot more that have way better/cuter style than me though XD But thank you so much!

@ anoni: :rofl: gaia emotes! XD; Aww, thanks, anoni hahahah. Didn't realize my thread was long D; @___@;;;

If I suddenly disappear, I'm terribly sorry. My internet isn't exactly stable =A=; I say it so many times, but I don't want to accidentally cause any unwanted drama or anything >A<;

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 AM

I don't think it's long, I'm just not too used to using these default-ish phpBB forums. xD It just looks long compared to Gaia stuffs? ^^ :ROFL: :HEART:

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 10:49 AM

shoshoshossssshooooo <3333333

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 11:01 AM

raito-kuuun~ X3 I SO want to bid on your auction TAT; hahah, but we're fellow poormen XDXDXD;

@ anoni: yeah, that's true, huh? XD I'm thinking about putting a request thread in menewsha, too (may be post some of my commissions) like alexi did... but in the meantime, it won't be a fully request thread and instead it'll be more of just showing off commisions I got thread XD;;; I think that'd take even longer though x____x;;;

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM

I told sho her thread will get my first post... so here I am <3

aaaa naked naked *insert llama here*

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM

YAY! MAI~ X3 <3 Arigatou ne~ :dramallama: TAT

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 AM