Cinderella
Boop!

Old 05-09-2019, 05:25 PM

If so, do you wear it often?

I have my ears pierced but I don't wear earrings as much as I'd like. I occasionally wear necklaces as well, but again, not too often (maybe a handful of times a year).
I find bracelets and rings annoying so I don't wear them, although I do own a few that I should probably think about rehoming...
I don't know if a watch counts as jewelry but I used to wear one all the time. The last one I had needed a new strap, though, and I never got around to putting a new one on. Oops.
Anyway, I'm curious to know about your jewelry-wearing habits, hehe.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2019, 05:31 PM

I mostly wear jewelry for lolita. I have tons of lolita jewelry and enjoy collecting it. I have a good deal of regular jewelry too. Nothing super special though, mostly just cute or fashionable things. I don't really own or use fine jewelry. The only jewelry I wear on a regular basis is my wedding ring.

I also have my ears pierced but my mom had that done when I was a baby. So I guess I don't really care whether I wear earrings or not. Most of the time I don't because it can be irritating to have them in.

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 05-09-2019, 11:28 PM

@ Shion : I'm trying to picture lolita style jewelry. Like lacey/goth style? Sounds really neat.

//
I usually leave most accessories to my avatars. c:

Earrings though, I sleep in all the time.
I've got three holes in (each) of my ears and if I don't have something in at least ONE of them I feel absolutely naked lol.
Cannot go to anywhere without them!

Necklaces are nice too - once in a while I'll throw one on. But I just lose them.
Bracelets and watches are kinda meh.
I have chubby wrists so they draw attention haha.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-10-2019, 01:47 AM

I wear a necklace and bracelet that I never take off, even for showers. The only times they're off is if I need a CT scan or something and they'd interfere with the machine working.
I also sometimes wear a ring or two.

I really like rings, necklaces, and bracelets so whenever I'm window shopping I tend to gravitate towards stalls and shops that sell them.

I don't often buy them as I only have two wrists and one neck and only a few fingers I feel comfortable wearing rings on, but it's nice to look at them and occasionally splurge.

I like earrings, but I don't have piercings so it's sometimes hard to find suitable clippable ones I can wear that I enjoy the style of.

`Haru
Useful Idiot
Send a message via MSN to `Haru

Old 05-10-2019, 01:59 AM

I agree with that.
Browsing the jewelry stalls are definitely a must ---

Even if I won't buy anything,
it's the sparklies. Gotta at least look at the sparklies.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-10-2019, 02:02 AM

So true. Must check out all the sparkliesss.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Haru View Post
@ Shion : I'm trying to picture lolita style jewelry. Like lacey/goth style? Sounds really neat.
Not really. I don't really wear gothic lolita. Mostly sweet. So things that tend to be cuter.

This is my Angelic Pretty jewelry collection from a few years ago. i've acquired more since then.

And then I have a bunch things made by other indie designers, artists, some handmade stuff.

Nothing really lacy or goth style. Except maybe a few things in cameos? But they're mostly mermaids, maybe a crown on a long pendant.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-11-2019, 12:13 AM

I got my ears pierced as a child...
I never wear earrings though... I have a metal allergy and most earrings irritate m skin.

I have my nose pierced too. Again, I can only wear pure gold and surgical steel.

My nose hoop is the only jewelry I wear most of the time.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-11-2019, 05:10 AM

@Shion: Oooh, those are some nice pieces!

@Ava: My mom told me she has metal allergy too, not sure if I have it...would suck if I finally went and got piercings only to find out that I can't wear earrings.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-12-2019, 02:16 AM

I've been trying to wear more jewelry but it's been really difficult to find rings because my fingers are always between sizes. My most recent jewelry purchase from Amazon was a success though, so I'll probably buy more stuff from there instead of waiting for the fast fashion places to stock the good shit. This in particular might be my favorite piece. I should probably buy some more normal rings too..

---------- Post added 05-11-2019 at 07:17 PM ----------

@ Nisty: My older sis developed keloids on her ear after getting them pierced. Had to get the scar tissue surgically removed, and now she can never get her ears pierced b/c the doc said she's probably always going to get them.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 AM

Oh wow that really sucks! Do keloids happen often or does it depend on the person?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 05-12-2019, 05:39 AM

I think it just depends. I assume they're like allergies, because your body just flips out over something that's supposed to be harmless.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Our bodies can be so smart and so stupid at the same time. x _x

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 05-18-2019, 02:34 PM

I have my ears pierced several times and typically only wear them, because I either forget to wear more jewelry or I'm at work where I can't wear anything other then a single pair of earrings [I have at least three holes in each ear]. Most of my jewelry is costume jewelry, since I really don't see the need nor do I want to have any type of really expensive stuff -- I can buy a month's worth of food for a pair of real gold earrings.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-18-2019, 04:06 PM

Yeah, never saw the need to buy those expensive, real-jewels/metals type of jewelry myself, unless you had metal allergy. The cheap stuff can look just as good as the real stuff, and if you lose/break them you wouldn't feel as bad about them either.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 05-21-2019, 04:10 PM

I personally only wear my wedding set, and anything else that I used to wear - I used to love necklaces and dangly earrings, but those are both easily grabbed by little hands and it hurts when they pull, so I don't tend to wear much in terms of earrings and necklaces anymore.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-22-2019, 02:25 AM

Ouch!

Maybe when they're a bit older you can wear them again.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 05-22-2019, 02:41 AM

That's definitely my plan, they're in my jewelry box until I feel it's safe to put them back on -- they do get put on for special occasions, just not all the time like I used to before I had my kids. :)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-22-2019, 03:13 AM

I should get a jewelry box; I keep misplacing my rings and stuff.