MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM

So here is the situation. I am usually a pixel artist[though I do not make my own bases as I lack talent of anatomy] though I have been having trouble shading as well as finding
myself a pixel artist mentor so I thought it over and thought I could find a mentor who isn't a pixel artist to work on other art styles I have wanted to try.

I don't really know that much about art but I would like to learn digital art drawing or just drawing in general except on the computer on some art program. I cannot draw offline because I do not own a phone or a camera to take pictures of my art since the scanner to the printer will not connect to my computer.
I do not know what style as I don't really know anything about drawing.

So if anyone is willing to teach me drawing/digital drawing I would be so honored.
I will be looking for more then one mentor.

For future reference, I have MS paint as well as GIMP[though I actually prefer open canvas] and A tablet[though I can't find my tablet pen] as well as having a wireless mouse.

Last edited by MoodyBats; 02-23-2013 at 05:55 AM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 AM

Dayum Gurl! I had to go an track this down myself. Got me off my lazy to get here.
I'm a traditional artist but that doesn't mean I can't try to teach you a few digital art tricks. I'm still learning GIMP and digital style art is more difficult for me as I don't have a tablet or a mouse to use, just the laptop touch pad. I'd more than willing to help you out though.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 AM

longcat:
You don't have to if you don't want to though I completely understand.
I am mostly have my mind set to find someone who does
have experience in digital art.
But what would you be willing to teach me if I May ask.

Last edited by MoodyBats; 02-24-2013 at 02:08 AM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2013, 02:08 AM

I'm not a skilled digital painter, I can understand if you want to find someone better versed in that. But I'll always be around if you need help with any aspect of art. :3

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 AM

Well what can you teach me is what I want to know first.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 AM

Check out my DeviantArt and see if there is any thing you like there. I have a realistic style when it comes to animals/still lifes/landscapes/etc. I also have a mix of anime/American comic/ realistic for my more cartoony style of people. I'm fairly good at picture layout and color configurations.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 AM

I do not think I can find a style in your gallery I want to learn.
I have a style that I want to learn
but since digital drawing is difficult for you I am not sure you will be able to teach me.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 AM

Fair enough. I hope someone gets back to you that understands digital art. It really is nice that you are willing to learn a new thing. :3

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 AM

Well I always wanted to draw but also learn to color/shade my art so I hope I can find someone
and someone who is also active.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM

Hey there!
I still have a lot to learn, but I have a few years of experience with digital art, and I think I could help you out. :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 AM

Bubble:
I would love for you to help me out.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 AM

Oh! Yay! :)
So how do you want to go about it?

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 AM

Not sure. XD The basics I suppose?

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 AM

Right. But is it going to be here in this thread? I'm not sure how that would work. huum
Well, tell me what you can do. And we'll see what the basics are from there. Like, what programs you have experience with, if any, and what tools/features.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 AM

I use open canvas 1.1 and I just use the pencil.
The pencil size I use is 0.4 when I am sketching.

x

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 AM

That's really cute! :D
Well, that version of OC has a paint chat feature that could come in handy for this. :)

Anyway, it's always best to draw bigger when learning because you have more room for "detail" so the bigger you draw the more you learn. "Anyone who learns how to draw big can draw small too. If you learn how to draw small, you'll only draw small."- Pretty much the only thing that art teacher thought me. haha
You can start with a big size file and zoom out to do a base sketch and then zoom in closer to sketch a little more detail, and just built up.
Don't start too big though. Make your files at least a little smaller then the maximum size your computer can handle, because the more you draw on it, the heavier the file gets, so it's better to not start out at top capacity with a blank page, or you're going to get a lot of lag and crashes.
Also, save. Save. Save. A lot. xD

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM

Chat feature?
Mine don't have that.
Well I don't like having my file too big as I don't really know what to draw at first hand. That was a drawing for a friend so I didn't really need a big file.
And I don't really draw landscapes either just people. I am going to work on a character of mine but mainly its just going to be her face and maybe a little bit of her shoulders. I guess that would be like a headshot or a profile? It's something like that. I don't know. I haven't drawn in forever.

I always save my files. Well if they are worth saving that is.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

It does, trust me, if you're interested I can link you to a tutorial on it. You can use it to draw with your friends. :)
It's alright, you can do whatever feels comfortable to you.
That sounds okay, what would you like me to help you with, then?

The reason I said you should save a lot is because, whatever program you're using, whatever machine you're using, there's always going to be some crashes, and you're going to loose work. So, the more often you save, the less work you're going to loose. I don't mean create new files every time, just save on top. Don't wait until you're done to save. And if you feel like they're not "worth it", you can always delete them later.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Yes I would like the link please. I think I know what you are talking about just not sure. XD
Well I usually save a lot of my WIP's. Even the ones I don't like that much I end up liking a lot more then I thought.
My computer tends to crash by how many programs I have up often
though usually it just resumes where it's left off but I rather be safe then sorry right? c:

Yes I would like you to help me. If you need any of my contact information I can give that to you.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 AM

Ok, here's the Link.
Exactly, you never know when a disaster is going to happen. haha. The more you save, the less you want to throw the computer out the window. ;D

Well, I can add you on skype, maybe? :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM

Thank you.
My skype name is MirellaSpice though real life name is Renee Quinn so either of those can work.
I do not use my camera. I just type. I am a bit shy when it comes to cameras.
I put a sticker over my webcam. XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM

It's okay. I don't either. I'm really shy too. hehe
I'll add you now.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one XD

Okie dokie.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Aw! What a nice thread! I'm also probably going to end up stalking it as well.

I would also offer to instruct, but I am not familiar with any of the programs you listed (well... MS paint, but beyond that...)
I hope all goes well with instruction and learning!

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 PM

Mythos:
I am basically getting anything I can get so whatever you can offer I am A-Okay with. XD
I'm mainly just trying to learn anything and everything you can tell me honestly.