Kouki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Several months ago I attempted to make an animated flash doll-maker, which would allow clothing to move with the doll as well. This is sort of a learning project for me with Flash, but I ended up never progressing further than this due to lack of scripting knowledge, and frustration from script errors.
It's somewhat functional, but very glitchy. I thought it was worth posting, anyway.

http://audaxinc.net/doll/v3.swf (Pixel nudity warning)

The purple buttons on the bottom were meant for animation change, but only the first two work, and each one resets any change made to the doll.
Also, to access different clothing menus, you need to close the one from earlier first, or they will overlap.

PS: If you play Whirled, you may recognize that the avatar I made there is basically this one, except pre-dressed.

Last edited by Kouki; 05-10-2013 at 07:05 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-10-2013, 08:21 PM

I think it looks really good so far :)
Granted for some reason at one point I randomly got different items from the same button. The overlapping randomly fixes too o.o

I think it's very well done though given what you already have.
*goes back to playing with it*

I think with a little bit of work you could make this a very fun doll maker program. After playing around with it and getting past the glitches I managed to be able to easily make this: (He was walking while dressed)

Last edited by The Wandering Poet; 05-10-2013 at 08:39 PM..

Kouki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM

Cool. :o
I may eventually work on it someday or remake it, when I feel motivated enough.
Hopefully I can manage and learn the flash scripts.
I'm really not a scripting person, can't even do HTML, and barely manage BBCode. xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-11-2013, 12:46 PM

Well if you do, google is definitely a good source. This site looks helpful ^^
Tutorials - Flash Kit
There are a few scripting ones in there

Kouki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 PM

Yeah I remember using Google like a madman when working on this, and joining lots of Flash scripting forums for asking questions. I probably do need to relearn it all, though. I have forgotten by now. xD Thanks a lot for the link.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Well at least your art can be salvaged ^^

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 AM

... I had the same 'desire' to create a dressing up game too...
You outbeat me! <33

That is awesome with what you have. I am sure scripting can be solved... with advice.
Good luck!