Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-08-2017, 11:48 PM

Isamu reached out and clucked at Wufei's sleeves at the mention of him leaving for China. Even if he knew it was sensical, he couldn't imagine the thought. He felt he had so much more to offer to and to learn from Wufei. The thought of the other man leaving abhorrent in some way. "I don't want you to leave either," he whispered like it was a confession, like he was saying something more than just he didn't want the other man to be apart from him. "However, whenever you wish to leave, I will help you. I will help you leave this place safely, so that you may return home. As much as I don't wish you to leave, the thought of you never returning home is even worse."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Did Isamu feel the same way as Wufei about...everything? Not just wanting to be near, but all the implications that that emotion had. Wufei watched him for a second, a little struck. "You're so kind. I-" He cut himself off, not even sure what words he would say. Why did he even need to speak at all? Hesitantly, he reached out his hand, briefly touching Isamu's cheek like a man with no idea what to do. No idea, and yet, so much instinct that screamed out at him and made his body move and his voice produce words he would never had said otherwise. "Isamu, it's you that makes me want to stay. I wonder...if I'm the only one who feels this way? Like..." He trailed off again, his voice growing hesitant once more.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-10-2017, 01:38 AM

Isamu stepped closer to Wufei, bringing his hand up to gently cup Wufei's hand against his cheek, "Like destiny and instinct and life are getting all tangled up around us, pushing me ever towards you?" he asked, words soft and that unnamed emotion filling him again pushing the words out, but almost choking him at the same time. His eyes were soft, almost watery, as he looked at Wufei, the emotions swirling stopping more words from coming as he just took in the man before him. What was it that made him want to push forward and do something crazy like kiss the other man and go against all tradition and decorum. He found words again and whispered them, a breath into the air, "I don't know what this is, but I'm helpless to deny it's pull."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Wufei met Isamu's eyes, unable to look away from them and all the emotions storming within. Desire, kindness, and the smallest hint of hesitance mixed in there. Wufei knew the emotions well, but right now, he felt like throwing all of decorum aside and doing what he wanted while he had a chance. The close call earlier only made it more obvious just how fleeting his safety really was. If he didn't act on impulses now, when else could he? So, reaching up to cover Isamu's hand with his own, he whispered his own honest words. "Like just standing this close to you is not enough because I think you feel the same as I do. I can....I see it on your face and in the closeness between us. Even though we just met..." He smiled briefly, amused by the oddness of their situation. "It is like my heart already knows and reaches for you."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 12-15-2017 at 07:31 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-11-2017, 04:30 PM

"Like our souls are two half of the same soul, simply calling out to each other," Isamu said, feeling more confident it became clear that Wufei and him were both trapped in the absurdity of these emotions together. He pushed another step closer to Wufei, dropping their hands away from his face but keeping their fingers latched together, chests touching and breath mingling between them. "I've only known you a day, and yet it feels like eternity stretches behind us and we were meant for this moment." Still he hesitated to take that final step towards what he wanted. It went against all propriety and everything he expected when he saved this man, but it still seemed so right and his lips tingled from just the thought. He pushed forward just a little bit more, tilting his head towards Wufei, but hesitating the last breath before, fear stopping him from closing that final gap.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Wufei closed the last gap between them before he could think. His lips touched Isamu's, a gentle and questioning kiss. He didn't let it last though, almost immediately turning his head away to stare at the soil beneath their feet. That brown and leaf riddled material came into sharp focus, reminding him of just where they were, both in time and space. This shouldn't be happening. "This is wrong though," he whispered. "Even if it doesn't feel that way, we've crossed the line of common sense. Men like us....we cannot continue to live this life...." That hopelessness washed over him, making his smile come out weak and filled with sorrow. For a second, he'd forgotten it and maybe for the rest of his life he would remember their little kiss and that made it worth it, but it wouldn't last. He knew that. "So, what are we doing?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-13-2017, 03:27 PM

"I don't know," Isamu murmured, resting his head against Wufei's, lips gently pressing against his hair, not willing to break the contact, even as Wufei was pushing them back towards the logical, away from this fantastical thing that sprung up between them. "It goes against everything I know, but, I don't want to fight it. Even if it's madness and can only lead to heartache, I want to treasure whatever joy simply being with you can offer." He trailed his fingers down Wufei's body as he spoke, clasping the other man's fingers with his own when he found his hand again. "It may be crazy and wild and some may consider it wrong, but when something feels so natural, so right, how can it be wrong?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2017, 01:00 AM

Wufei shook his head again, though he still did not pull away from Isamu. He found it hard to meet the other man's eyes, but he could not deny the simple joy that came from their entangled fingers. Squeezing them, he felt his own heart squeeze inside his chest. "But it will end in heartache. You cannot deny that," he murmured, eyes boring into the soft ground. He wanted to run away and save himself. He wanted to stay here forever. How could Isamu sound so sure that this brief romance--because he couldn't call this thing anything else--would be worth the tragedy that it would bring. "Because of me, I might bring ruin down on you and your family. This beautiful garden, it might one day be in flames. They would hate you as much as me. I am the enemy..." The feeling in his heart felt too dense for any other words to be true.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-16-2017, 09:48 PM

"Just because something could end badly, does not mean we should deny it to ourselves in the present. If it should bring us joy, then who are we to reject it? Especially when the very gods are pushing us together along with our own beings." Isamu shook his head, some part of him clinging to this desperate hope that even if it did end in tragedy, it would still be utterly worth it. But there was also the chance that it may not, that somehow they may be happy enough to overcome any pain this untraditional tryst might cause. "And I am afraid, I may not be able to deny myself this now that I have tasted it. Already I find my lips drawn to yours again, and pulling away from you seems an impossible task."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-17-2017, 04:58 PM

Wufei did not feel so sure. Even though he wanted this thing very much, he could see too clearly how it would end. But even so, could he stop himself from indulging? His heart answered the question instantly. Even if he wanted to turn away from the emotions blossoming between them, he couldn't do so in the slightest. He wanted, needed this too much. So, with a shake of his head, he smiled. "I don't want to run from this. I don't think I ever can. I just know in my heart already the pain that will come. Is that so strange? Like it overshadows us..." His smile turned a little more dark, but it never quite vanished from his face. Reaching up, he brushed a finger over Isamu's lips, remembering strongly what it felt like to kiss the other man. He made no move to redo the gesture. He only marveled at it, wishing so badly that this could end up in happiness. "I was drawn to you from the moment we met eyes. That at least, will not change."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-27-2017, 09:55 PM

"And I was drawn to you," Isamu whispered, brushing his fingers through Wufei's hair, his eyes gentle as he continued to stare at the other man. "I think fate may have our hands whether logic demands we act one way or another. We live in dark times; in times like these, the future hurt may be inevitable, but the small joys may be found and perhaps must be chased." He looked down, considering before looking back at Isamu, "Maybe that's why the gods seemed so insistent to lead me to you. To find you and provide you safe harbor. It's a spot of joy for us before the darkness must consume us again."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-28-2017, 09:50 PM

Wufei smiled despite the darkness that colored Isamu's words. Both of them knew it too well how this might end and he felt reassured by that. No one would get blind sided. Nothing would happen that they didn't already know. And yet, they accepted that and accepted that would love each other anyway. Wufei knew love was the right word for what blossomed between them. And how could he deny that. Sighing, he stepped back finally, feeling less desperate to touch Isamu like it would be their last time together. "I suppose that is just how things will be then. I don't regret it," he added with warmth reaching his eyes again just from looking at Isamu. "We should probably not continue to tempt fate and stand so close until the sun reaches high. We always have..." He cleared his throat. "We always have tonight."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Isamu nodded, "Of course, if our time together is meant to be pressure. We should not jeopardize it in anyway." He didn't pull away from Wufei yet though, settling his arms around the others waist as he leaned into him. HIs voice dropping to a murmured as he continued, "I will return later though. With dinner for you and perhaps if we are lucky we can spend the night together under the stars." He followed his words by placing another brief kiss to Wufei's lips before finally pulling away from the other man, knowing that he'd have to put some physical distant between them if he was ever to return to his chores.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-10-2017, 09:05 PM

Wufei felt warmth dancing along his skin, fueled into a storm by Isamu's hands. Every subtle touch created electricity. And then, he pulled away. Finally, and far too soon at the same time. He'd tempted Wufei though and cool seeped back in the second that touch ended. Wufei tried not to show it on his face. "I would enjoy that very much. Go," he murmured, turning his gaze away so that he could not look into Isamu's soul-entrapping eyes. "Go before I decide I can't let you go." His entire body wanted to reach out for the other man, as absurd as that was. He never felt like this before and he never imagined he might feel it toward another man. Stepping father away, he broke whatever bond had them constantly pulling back together. The sun would warm him anyway. More than tempting every star that aided them.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 12-03-2017, 01:36 AM

Isamu stepped away from Wufei with slow hesitant steps, aware the moment he did, the real world would come crashing back in. The temple was so often a refuge for others, a hideaway from the truth of the war. And Isamu usually reveled in that peace. The peace was home to him, allowing him to not face reality when others could only escape for brief moments. Yet something about Wufei, about being in his orbit, both swept that peace away, and replaced it with a different kind of peace. By his very presence at the temple, he was a stark reminder of the cruelty scouring the country and maybe the whole world. Even if when Isamu was with Wufei, especially in those moments their lips met, all he could think about was the other man and how his whole body reacted when Isamu was near him.

Isamu clenched hard at Wufei's hand once more, then finally fully swept away from their secret hideaway. Reality already tumbling back in as Isamu noticed the darkness that had started to fill the morning sky. A black cloud looming up as rain started to fall. The thunder rumbling throughout the temple almost hiding a chuckle within it. Though Isamu could not be certain what the gods found so amusing. He squinted up at the rain, a sigh heaving out of him trying to discern the plans the gods had for them.

As Isamu worked fighting through the rain to secure doors and windows, his thoughts kept circling back to Wufei and the kiss they shared. There was no denying the gods handiwork in the attraction developing between them. Isamu too devout to deny the tendrils of feeling that marked a god's influence. Whatever the interference was, Isamu knew that they were in the god's hands now. The course already set. Isamu could only hope it wasn't a trickster toying with them. Though perhaps that hope was futile as two men trapped in each other's enthrall must certainly be the work of a god's warped destiny.

The rain lingered for the rest of the day, never quite a torrential downpour, but enough for the wind to whip back and forth and for the entire temple to be waterlogged by the end of the day. And more than enough for Isamu to worry about Wufei. To worry that he was uncomfortable and would perhaps fall ill. But Isamu didn't dare go check on him, not while he had to help his father work for the day. He'd just have to make sure to bring Wufei new clothes, blankets and a warm dinner later that evening.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-17-2017, 01:52 AM

Almost the second that Isamu walked away, Wufei turned his eyes up to see the sky open up above him. Rain cascaded down, washing over his body, but not quite cooling away the heat that Isamu started inside of him. Instead, the touch of each droplet of water electrified his body. Not hesitating, he quickly headed for the shrine he prayed at the night before, knowing he should get out of this rain that made everything in his life feel unreal.

As he ducked into the shelter, he felt reality crash back in just like he knew it would. He was alone. In this small shrine isolated by a curtain of rain, he never felt it more clearly. Wufei just peeled off his wet shirt and hung it to dry as he settled back in a corner, staring at the small alter with a curious eye. Maybe he brought this on himself when he prayed, but he had no idea what the gods planned. Wufei didn't even know to what degree he believed in the gods here, but they were real to Isamu and that was probably enough.

Sighing, he rested his head against his knees. "What do you want from me?" he murmured. For a brief second, he thought he heard something like joyous laughter echoing inside the thunder, but when Wufei tried to pick out the sound, it disappeared. What was he supposed to do with that? In the end, he couldn't do anything besides wait. Isamu would come back...and then what? Wufei felt a darkness settle into his thoughts as he waited, knowing there would be no answers to any of his questions. Possibly not ever.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-28-2018 at 12:18 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-03-2018, 02:12 AM

It was far later than Isamu wished when he was finally able to return to Wufei's hiding place. But a few of the nearby villagers had come for dinner, the storm simmering down enough that they felt able to take the journey, especially to check on the diligent family of temple-keepers. It had been nice, but the entire time Isamu itched with the wrongness of it. The tendrils of feeling that ensnared him and Wufei growing taut with each moment spent apart.

It was with great relief that Isamu rushed through to the hidden part of temple, food and fresh clothes and blankets bundled in his arms. "Wufei." he whispered, not entirely sure where he'd find the other, but searching in the gathering dark to see him. "Wufei, where are you? I hope you didn't get too wet, and I'm sorry I could come sooner, but we had visitors. And I didn't want my father suspicious." Though Isamu may not have been as careful as he could have been grabbing the food and blankets this time; the rush to see Wufei more urgent than the secrecy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-03-2018, 05:25 PM

Wufei heard Isamu calling through the gardens and instantly, the darkness that moved in his thoughts sprung away. Pulling himself to his feet, he hurried to the shrine entrance and called back, forgetting for an instant that they should be discrete. "Isamu! Here, at the shrine." He lifted his arm, hoping to get the other man's attention. His clothes still felt damp, but he'd grown comfortable while he waited, even napping briefly. "I told you that you shouldn't come so often," he chided softly, despite the fond smile on his face. The afternoon they spent together still weighed in his mind and in Isamu's too, no doubt. How should he react? Should he bring it up? Not sure what else to do, he waited at the top step of the shrine, watched Isamu's every motion on the ground sparkling with water. "Your father must be growing suspicious anyway. What if he noticed you run here?" Isamu certainly didn't look like he'd been discrete. And yet, could Wufei bring himself to dislike it?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 AM

Isamu shrugged his shoulders slightly, apologetic. "I was worried with the storm, I wasn't sure you'd find shelter from it, and I wanted to make sure you'd be well." He said, his entire being earnest with the honesty of it. He knew it wasn't the smartest decision, yet he couldn't help himself. "I couldn't have left you out here all night after the storm." It was impulsive and dumb, but there was never any other action Isamu would have taken.

As he spoke, he ushered them back towards the sanctuary of the altar, "This is a good place for you to stay." He set down the items in his hands and began to setup something of a pallet for Wufei with the blankets, "I'm glad you found it, and I'm sure the particular deity for which it honors wouldn't mind you using it for shelter. They're a bit playful, but they do offer travelers kinda passage when they can, and this seems the situation." He kept busy as he spoke, as if something was keeping him from stopping and staring at Wufei, maybe afraid to get caught in that dangerous pull again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-05-2018, 09:08 PM

Wufei shook his head again. "You worry too much," he murmured, his voice so low he wasn't sure he uttered the words for anyone but himself. As Isamu approached the alter and started to bustle about, Wufei stayed back, letting him set up the blankets without much comment. He used to opportunity to watch instead, soaking up every detail he could because he needed it. And also feared the moment when he would no longer have this chance. The weight that the rain had left behind still crowded in his mind, waiting, hovering to swoop down again. He shook his head slightly as he tried to ignore his thoughts. "Can you tell me the god's name. I want to know since I'm making their shrine my home. We've been getting...somewhat acquainted actually," he added with a faint quirk of his lips. Although he wasn't sure who was imposing on who at this point.