Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Hello everyone, welcome to Role call, The avatar contest. :] Presented to you by Winter Wind and x-cutie-x-pie-x.

The theme here will be the famous characters from Shakespeare's A midsummer Nights Dream: Puck, Oberon, Titania, and a special fairy category.

A little about us:

x-cutie-x-pie-x:
My real name is Yasmin, and I'm 15 years old and currently living in The UK. I'm a chinese student, and I hope that you'll enjoy the event!

Winter Wind: Hallo! You guys may call me windy. I love making and seeing creative avatars and so though this contest would the perfect contest for me to host. I love chatting. Don't feel shy! I won't bite. Promise. <3

Updates
24/7/08: The event has started!

Rules:
-Follow the TOS
-Be nice
-be literate as you can
-enjoy!

Last edited by Winter Wind; 07-21-2008 at 09:02 PM..

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM

Prizes!

The most anticipated post. : D The prizes!

Puck ~
1st - Nature Horns & Fireflies

Fairy ~

Titania/Oberon ~

All categories 2nd place: A phoenix Jubilee Set.

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-28-2008 at 03:13 PM..

Winter Wind

Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM

Judging Criteria:

Oh boy! so what exactly are you going to be judged by?

we will be judging your avatar along these criteria:
-How well it relates to the theme
-Creativity
-Interpretation

How well it relates to the theme:
Obviously, you can't be entering for King Oberon if you're dressed up like a queen, right? We understand there's only so many items on Menewsha, but try your best. <3

Creativity:
Give us something that stands out! It's not a cosplay contest, we want you to use your own little twist! Don't forget to explain it. ;D

Interpretation:
This shows how well you understand the character. e.g If you're cosplaying Puck, have your avatar hold something mischievious!

Don't forget the explanation! Since mene items are exactly shakepearean, we need a little bit of info -1- 4 sentances- describing your avatar with what's going on in correlation to the character.

J
udging will take two days, and we'll announce the winners Via PM or through a thread. (If King wishes to) Good luck everyone!

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 AM

Submission Form:

Please use this form to submit your entries into the thread!

Username:
Category:
Description:

Please do not PM these to us. We don't fancy the idea of overflowing inboxes.
**- Please do not use a link. A image of the avi please. that means the IMG code.
e.g [IMG]urlhere [/IMG]

Note: MACs are allowed.

A brief explanation of the characters

Puck; He's a mischievious little fairy type person, and he works for Oberon.
Titania; She's an elegant queen. Queen of fairies.
Oberon; Oberon is one tough king. He and his wife (Titania) have a fragile relationship.
Fairies; Use your imagination!

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-26-2008 at 10:06 AM..

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Submissions:

We'll be storing entries here, by category!

Puck:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito View Post
Username: Fuyumi_saito
Category: Puck
Description: Puck is really a nature ish fairy. Very leafy. He has horns, so I gave him some.. and well he's basically covered in leaves. So that's why theres so many..leafy things. He's really mischievous or said to be, so I gave him a play gun >_>'' cause.. he also causes trouble. The flower represents the flower he had to collect then turn into a potion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ember View Post
Username: Miss Ember

Description: Tried making puck look as mischievious as possible. I thought the smirk and mask was good for that, as I didn't want him looking silly, but more underneath the rug kind of mischievious. The red and gold kind of make him more towards a 'bad' side, considering what deed he does. The flower represents the flower he is sent to get by the King Oberon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriise View Post
Username: aeriise
Description: Here is Puck in the most foresty, sprung from the moss look.
The glass is full of the potion he is entrusted with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easther_Bunni View Post
Username: Easther_Bunni
Description: I made him brown and green and added the clover to give it a nature theme, and he is barefoot to make him seem more like a mischevous little guy. The rose is for the flower he makes into a potion for Titania. [It's a female base, but he is a guy!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratePrincess View Post
hmmm -thinks about making a avie thineh- :XD <3

Username: PiratePrincess
Description: okay, i know Puck is really a guy, but im making her my own! i gave her a cute and kinda sexy look! but im still keeping with the naturey theme! and i gave her cute pixie hair! hehe

Oberon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
Username: Sanctuary
Category: Oberon
Description: He's holding a flower because of the magical flower's significance in the story. He's surrounded by snowflakes to show his ability to change the weather and his wings are the same color to show a correlation between the two and the magical mysterious he has. I picked clothing that would be trendy around the time, because I figured that's what he would wear, if he does, debatably wear much of anything at all. I gave Oberon a crown and cape to signify royalty.

edit- and please ignore his lips, it's because if the AC xD
Quote:
Description: I used mostly dark and royal colours like gold, red and black to represent the sort of evil in Oberon for going against his wife just to have a knight. No wings since I've never seen him with them. The staff is a symbol of power as king, as well as the crown.
Quote:
Description: The scepter he carries in place of a sword symbolizes the fey who fight at his bidding. The black bouquet (ouch, does not match her dress) symbolizes his uneasy relationship with his queen. He is wearing clothes that fit his station and show some of his darker side.
Quote:
Description: I wanted to make him seem very royal, with the crown and cloak. I added fireflies to make him seem more magical.
Titania:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuyumi_saito View Post
Username: Fuyumi_saito
Category: Titania
Description: I wanted her to be beautiful, queenly, and caring. I decided to put the birds since she seems to...like animals..and what not so yeah ^^"" thought it was a nice add on. Half the pictures I've seen of her have wings, the other half don't so I was a little "Uhh" Ish about the whole thing since Oberon has no wings what so ever. Umm... She doesn't strike me as the most ..cheerful person.
Quote:
Description: I wanted to do something that had the evening look, since the poem, in my perspective, had that beautiful evening theme. Plus, blue is a calming colour, which suit Titania very well. The glass represents the potion that Oberon has Puck get for Titania to drink to fall in-love with the "ass" (>___<). I tried to make her very free flowing and natural as possible. Which explains the no shoes and bare skin.
Quote:
Description: Lady of Oberon. I gave her the lightest and most shimmering costume possible, to represent her personality. She is surrounded by tiny faeries and carries the fan that her ladies in waiting later cool her with.
Quote:
Description: She is wearing a royal dress, which is green for the trees, red for the flowers and gold for the sunshine. The glass symbolizes the potion she drinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [L]ove[H]ate View Post
Username: [L]ove[H]ate
Description: I wanted her to be lovely and and beautiful, able to stand up for her husband. She's wearing delicate blues and a tiara showing how pretty she is out of all the fairies. =]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith W View Post
Username: Lilith W
Description: *points to crown and wings* I have everything it takes to be a fairy queen. Anyways, I thought it looked elegant yet kind of classy/sexy. Which is what I would imagine a fairy queen would have to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
Just dropping my entry in, in case I don't have time tomorrow or I get my time zones mixed up and miss the end ^^;

Username: KatMagenta
Description: The staff, cloak and crown are to show that Titania is a queen, whilst the wings and halo show she is a fairy. The flower represents the magical flower accidently struck by cupid which is used to create the love potion. Hearts are also used in her outfit to suggest love which is very important throughout the play.

Fairy:

Quote:
Category: Faeries
Description: From Titania's court, these four were named after various magical things. Their costumes represent their names- Moth, a darker faerie; Mustardseed, looking earthy; Cobweb, in a cloak and dress of her namesake; and Peaseblossom, looking like a flower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki-Chani View Post
XD;; -Tsuki doesn't have stuff which is why she'll put her explanation
to work more than the "no clothes or items part" Might as well since---
you miss 100% of the shots you don't shoot! ;D

Username: Tsuki-Chani
Category: Faerie
Description: Tsuki ish a tricky fairy who kidnaps people with yummeh arts---
with few exceptions. >D She doesn't fly ((which is why there are NO wings))
but her speed of running makes up for her lack of "flying" She consists of ribbon
to cover her and give her warmth -points to scarf- And loves to cosplay
as random animals -but mostly cats- ((She's a kidnapper whom stuffs people
in her santa claus bag 8wanted by menewshans and police))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmereina View Post

Username: Esmereina
Category: Fairy
Description: I'd like to introduce to you all Sera; the Bunny Fairy. She is quite tiny with a healthy appetite. She adores dressing herself in pink. She has a wand of which resembles a spindle with green, purple and gold tinsil. She seeks to bring joy to every farmer who crosses her path. It is her way of repenting for over eating in their fields at dusk. Her wings are not at her shoulders but rather at her feet and she often gets ridiculed by other "normal" fairies because of that. She has confidence in her fairy abilities and seeks to prove herself that she, too, is a normal fairy.

I hope this is good. ^^ I am actually going to write a story about her for my personal enjoyment. She is my OC ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Username: Knerd

Description: My inspiration came from Peaseblossom, but the avatar slowly morphed into her Mene cousin: Orangeblossom.
I wanted the colors to be as bright and eye catching as possible, which made orange perfect. There are some floral touches, with the hairpin and bouquet, that keep the avatar in touch with nature and the countryside. The rest is as flowing and delicate as possible, making her feel like someone who could just float on a breeze. She even has the wings to do it!
Quote:
Okies Cutiexpie ^___^

Category: Fairies
Description: This Fairy would more be of Queen Titania's ladies. The blue with gold is a representation of good and loyalty. She is also bare like Titania, which makes it more of a natural state, in which true fairies live. Kind of a musician for the Queen.

I would like that one to be the one fairy entry. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartte View Post
Oh wee! I will join too with the outfit I'm wearing, why not! ^_^

Username: rampartte
Description: This is my own mischievous fairy, with the more renaissance guise than Shakespearean dream. He is a fairy of the blushing rose and spends his days playing with the butterflies, and is not easily spotted by mortal eye. Here's a little poem for how he is what he is.

I wear with me a guise of moors,
with butterflies hanging at my doors.
And whimsical breeze blows petals by,
to cause sweet dreams within your eyes.
And dust sparkles bright yet you cannot see,
A fae flower molded as the likes of me.
N'eyr in the heavenly dusk or light of brackish day,
twas only the golden glint of mine eyes that crossed your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Username: Cami
Description: I am Nippy, an ice fairy. Being of low rank, I don't yet work with snow or hail. My main tasks include frosting windows during the night and encouraging the winter wind. Had Shakespeare's play taken place in a different season, I may have played a larger role. My skin is chill to the touch, and prolonged contact can cause frostbite. However, a brief kiss simply causes a pleasant tingle and icy blue lips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaevan View Post
Pixel entry? WIPs still have about 6 hours left before the end time. You can always submit a WIP before the main entry, if you think you can't finish the entry in time for the event end. ^^

EDIT:
*phew* I hope this works. It took a while to type. ^_^

Username: Xaevan
Category: Fairie
Description:
A cheeky little thing though generally nice in his own way, he is often teased by other fairies for not being 'fairie' enough and of his 'dark' appearance.
His specialty is trickery, as he has a natural talent for it. Usually, he aims for naughty or misbehaving children to teach them a lesson or two. But he sometimes does it to other fairies for fun, though never with the intention of causing harm.
However, he is very often misunderstood by others even when his intentions are good because of his general nature, and his cheekiness coupled with his pride certainly does not help things. He has a pendant around his neck, of which he treasures greatly, as it was a gift from someone he cherished, though the person is no longer with him. He loves dancing during the night especially when the moon is round and bright, where fireflies emitting their flickering light follows him in a dance around the fields and forests.

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-28-2008 at 03:09 PM..

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Ok, you can post now. <3
Thank you so much to Jelly. <3

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 07-24-2008 at 05:51 PM..

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM

first post?
o:

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 07-24-2008, 05:58 PM

I can't wait to see the entries~ :)

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 07-24-2008, 05:58 PM

I think I'll make a Titania avatar..she's so pretty..but barely wears any clothes in the pictures I find of her @_@

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM

OK
I know this may sound weird
But is my avi in any of those categories?

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-24-2008, 06:00 PM

I had an idea for Titania too, but I hope I'm not making up a complete different story in my head to the actual play. XD

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Mascot; I can't tell you. You enter which category you think it suits most. ;]

Kat; be creative! <3
It doesn't have to match exactly to pictures. ^^

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 PM

Alright
Now I have to google every category
x3

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:05 PM

xDD
I'm going to guess that's what everyone's going to do. x]

Oberon is a king. Titania is a queen of fairies. Puck is a little servant/sprite thing. Fairy... is just a fairy. x]

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Hey. Looking good.

Can't wait to see some entries. n___n

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Yeah, me too. ^^

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM

I kinda need help
For the description
What do you want us to put?

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 PM

What the items refer to in the charater and/or how it relates to the character

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:25 PM

Oh ok
Thanks
:3

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM

You're welcome. Can't wait to see your entry. :3

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM

x3

Its my current avi
xD
But I can add some stuff to it
Though I need to re-buy some commons

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Oh. x]
Well, it's looking good. xD

*^_^*

Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM

hey pie, do we have to wear the avatar? or can it just be a made up one on the avatar creator? xD

Winter Wind

Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM

I think we're going to allow MACs. ;D

Last edited by Winter Wind; 07-24-2008 at 08:04 PM..