Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-19-2013, 11:11 PM

Darn your power of suggestion, Jeanne.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 04-20-2013 at 12:33 AM..

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 AM

Woot! I know what this one is~!
I will have so much stuff to geek out over when this round is done. owo
And Biggles you have to tell me what three was~!!

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 AM

Haha this poor creature.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): The Chipatera
This is its story: The Chipatera lives deep within the forests of Duval. It spends its days lounging in the canvas of the thick green trees. Though the Chipatera lives in the trees, its favorite food lies in the sea by its home. Using its specially long tail and fin like lower wings, the Chipatera guides itself easily through the waves and ocean water, searching for Moonfish. After catching the fish, it heads back to the trees by flapping its rather large wings and soaring through the air.
Occasionally, the Chipatera will also lounge on seaside rocks, basking in the sun after a nice meal to aid in food digestion and to enjoy the energy boosting effects of the warm sun.
The Chipatera mate for life with the one that catches each others eyes. Much like human romance, Chipateras have 'love' at first sight and spend months courting each other. Of course, the stronger the flying, the better the fish catcher always dazzles the eye as well. Months after courtship mating takes place and six months later, the female Chipatera will lay up to one or two soft shelled eggs in a nest/bedding area her and her mate build high up in the trees. Over the next three months the couple will protect the eggs and keep it warm together. After the hatching process, they will nurture their young for five more years before the offspring begins to go out on its own.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 02:10 AM

Shoot I never got to do one for day 3. >.< EDIT: NM yes I did...I think my brain just went temporarily to the futures past.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): Vallawin
This is its story: The Vallawin are small, winged creatures no bigger than a chihuahua, that used to be common in the lands of Duval before being hunted to near-extinction. Their bodies are notorious to preserve and would often crumble at the lightest touch. They are often mistaken to be angels or fairies, an effect enhanced by the mild hallucinogenic powder breathed in by witnesses that scatters from their wings like scales from a moth.

Vallawins do not have legs or feet, but instead possesses a second set of smaller wings positioned slightly lower than their larger wings that they use to steer and maneuver through the air, and use to climb or crawl with using the claw digit to hook onto surfaces like a bat. They are incredibly agile and nimble when flying, which they use to their advantage to hunt down their favorite foods: dragonflies and hummingbirds. They spend most of their lives airborne, and would only land briefly during mating season.

Male Vallawins will create a nest out of feathers, twigs, and mud to attract potential mates. The females will judge the nest according to how colorful the feathers used to craft the nest are and how large and sturdy it is. If she is satisfied, she will move in and lay her eggs, usually three or four, inside. After the eggs hatch, both parents will hunt and bring back food for their young until the small Vallawins learn how to fly.

The scales produced from their wings are highly sought after by illegal drug dealers, as the hallucinogenic effects are one of a kind and are said to 'make everything pretty'. Many would use the powder on others to make themselves appear more appealing. However, the powder is also highly addictive, and prolonged use will cause irreparable brain damage that will eventually lead to death. The Vallawins have been hunted for both their scales and their flesh, which is considered a delicacy amongst many. Before they became listed as endangered, it is considered the mark of a true professional chef when they are able to prepare Vallawin meat without contaminating the flesh with their powder, which, when consumed, may cause seizures and mania.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): Jugobenzyl
This is its story: The jugobenzyl is a prehistoric creature that lived approximately 20 million years ago during the Miocene period. Most of the fossils of this creature were found in Morocco and Algeria, so it is believed that jugobenzyls exclusively inhabited Northern Africa. It is estimated that this species lasted for approximately 1.5 million years before becoming extinct (likely due to over-competition for their food source).
Jugobenzyls are a species of carnivorous bird. They were very small birds (approximately the size of today's hawks) considering the fact that many of the birds during the Miocene period were enormous. Jugobenzyls are actually related to modern day hawks, so it is believed that their coloration is similar to that of hawks. Jugobenzyls primarily ate small mammals of the time, like small rodents, but they would also eat insects if their access to mammals was restricted.
Jugobenzyls most unique feature involves their pair of "killing arms", which they used when hunting. These killing arms were their only weapon due to the fact that they possess thin, weak, and dull-clawed legs, and their beak is small and blunt compared to other birds of prey. Their killing arms consisted of two razor sharp talons, one small and one large, that they could move in a claw like fashion to pierce through their prey. To date, this is the only species of bird that possesses a second outgrowth from their thoracic region, so that from a distance it appears like they have two sets of wings.
Jugobenzyls are also known for their "needle tail", which was also used for hunting. This tail is extremely long (around 3/4 the length of the rest of their body) and had one thin and sharp tip at the end of it. When the jugobenzyls hunted they would first use their needle tail to gouge out the ears, nose, and eyes of their prey to disorient them, and then kill them with their killing arms. This made it significantly easier for jugobenzyls to catch prey because their killing arms were considerably shorter than their needle tail, so with the use of their needle tail they did not have to get as close to their prey.
Last of all, the jugobenzyls used special feathers on their head to scare off predators. When they spotted a predator those feathers would puff up and make their face approximately twice as large as normal. They would also spread their wings and raise their needle tail to make themselves appear even larger and more intimidating. It is hypothesized that the feathers on their head were extremely colorful in order to be even more frightening and surprising to predators.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 AM

All entries accounted for!
And a little over an hour for the rest of you to get yours in

Everyone having a fine friday?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 03:06 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): Pixie Harpy
This is its story:
Pixie Harpies are an ancient and mysterious race from the past. Being all female no one is really sure how they reproduced. They were reputed to have many magic schools and to have a viscous tempers. Although it's rare sometimes we come across a mummified body like this one. The birthing pose was seen as sacred and was often used in their mummification process. This is because as only the strongest of Pixie Harpy Queens could give birth.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): Gillicus Scenitia Maglidan aka Golden Nymph Dragon
This is its story: This is the Gillicus Scenitia Maglinda or more commonly known as the Golden Nymph Dragon. The Golden Nymph Dragon lives mainly in the coastal regions of Duval. Like most reptiles they can be seen lying on rocks to sun themselves. They are cold blooded and have a forked tongue as well as a horn on their head, at the nose area. The diet of these creatures is strictly made up for insects, small rodents and small fish. These creatures got their name from the golden color of their skin and the two wings that it possesses on it’s back. It is unclear why this creature has wings as one has never been seen actually flying. Legend has it that the Golden Nymph Dragon only mate when the Phoenix Orchids bloom. During this time the males will put on a show for the females by flying around in a sort of dance. Since no humans have ever witnessed this ritual we can only guess as to if they actually do fly.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 AM

This is Day Four
This creature is a(n): Bronze Smog Glider
This is its story: This is a relatively new species to the island, many scientists speculate that it is the result of forced rapid co-evolution with the island's colonization. It closely resembles the now extinct Duval Tree Glider. The Bronze Smog Glider thrives in the industrial areas throughout the island of Duval. They can be seen in large flocks darting in and out of the busy infrastructures, nesting on smoke stacks and other towering features. For a while people assumed that they fed on the impurities in the air surrounding these stacks and factories, but it has since been shown that they are feeding on the flocks of ember bugs and moteflies that are associated with the same factories below. The popular comic book anti-hero The Bronze Smog was designed to share their image, with his flowing cape and barbed whip-like weapon.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 AM

A little less than fifteen minutes. ;D

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 AM

I wonder how many last minute entries there will be...

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 AM

A deluge!

I shall be flooded! *glub glub*

---------- Post added 04-19-2013 at 08:43 PM ----------

I was wrong. :P

Day Four is over.

Updating the front page now. ;D

---------- Post added 04-19-2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

Front page updated.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 04-20-2013, 04:33 AM

No one else wants to know what they are? ;.;

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-20-2013, 04:43 AM

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed Day 4!!
I was gonna do a wizardly genetic mutation one.... *sobs*

Zombie Pixie

Zombie Pixie
(。・ω・&...

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 AM

*bombs Howdy with water balloons*

:3 thanks for the heads up there Spam
What thread is this? o_o

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-20-2013, 04:48 AM

This is Captain Howdy's and Cardinal Biggles's contest Thread. ^^

You didn't know about it??

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
I missed Day 4!!

Zombie Pixie
You and me both...I missed Day 3.

I shall not miss another day!!!

twotickets

Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 PM

A very, very, very fine Friday. :-)

---------- Post added 04-20-2013 at 10:42 PM ----------

This is Day Five
This creature is a(n): Ovis Psittaciformes, colloquially "Gaudy Gryphon"

This is its story: The gaudy gryphon is not a natural species. Created through cross-species breeding done by monks in the Duval Desert, this creature has few self-preservation skills and is useless as the pack animal, wool provider, and circus performer the monks intended.

The gaudy gryphon's spindly legs prevent the creature from walking more than a hundred yards without collapsing into a heap and loudly complaining. Its wool grows short and flaky, with a crest of long, thick hair around its neck and down its back; this has sometimes been referred to as the "model's boa" or "fo-hawk" because it serves no visible purpose. Worst of all, excessive inbreeding and the disproportionately small brain for its size have made the animal rather stupid and unable to remember more than a few days' events or comprehend simple commands.

Despite its uselessness, the gaudy gryphon is a very proud creature and walks with a recognizable strut rivaled only by that of the giraffe. The gaudy gryphon also quite clearly believes itself to be the most beautiful animal on the planet and spends many hours grooming itself or regarding its reflection in even the smallest of puddles and dullest of reflective surfaces. When no reflective surface is available, the gaudy gryphon is also easily contented with standing or lying in apparent poses, such as the one captured here.

The gaudy gryphon mates often, but its hybrid nature makes it incapable of producing viable offspring; for this reason, the gaudy gryphon's numbers have dwindled to less than ten in all of Duval. The gaudy gryphon's numbers also frequently suffer because of the animal's strange aversion to food. Scientists have been unable to correctly diagnose the source of this problem and have instead developed a battery of shots that can be administered once a day to ensure this unique creature's survival.

Perhaps the gaudy gryphon's best quality apart from its confidence is its loyalty; the creature is incredibly affectionate to anything it deems beautiful. Many speculate that scientists continue to engineer gaudy gryphons to this day simply because gryphons seem to find most scientists very beautiful, indeed.

---------- Post added 04-20-2013 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
I missed Day 4!!

Zombie Pixie
DO IT! DO IT NOW! There is always Day 5.

Last edited by twotickets; 04-20-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Doing this now because I know I won't be getting out of bed until at least noon tomorrow, and Day 5 will have ended by then...

This is Day Five
This creature is a(n): Pufferdash
This is its story: The Pufferdash are a rare breed of domestic, wingless, grass-grazing birds kept by some ranch owners in Duval. Their wings have evolved into hooves over time, and their speed is unparalleled amongst land-birds. They are slightly smaller in size compared to the average horse, but they are sturdy mounts and can reach speeds of up to 58mph. When riding a Pufferdash, one must be careful not to pull out any of their feathers, especially the ones around their neck, as the action will greatly anger them, which, given their sharp beaks, can be a real health hazard to the rider.

Pufferdashes have a long memory, and will hold grudges until the day they die. There have been recorded instances where an offender from over two decades ago, despite changes in their appearance with age, would still be chased and pecked at relentlessly. While generally an herbivore, they will also eat the occasional rodent (such as Burrowcoons) when they are low on protein. Their beaks make excellent tools for ripping apart the tough skins of the rodents.

Pufferdashes are almost notoriously narcissistic, often spending hours preening their feathers to impeccable silkiness. They have little loyalty; based on how well their owners brush their feathers and care for them, unprofessional caretakers would often find their Pufferdashes running off to other ranches where their owners are better with taking care of their needs. Males have longer and more colorful feathers around their neck, which they use to attract and woo potential mates with. These flightless birds will dance in a complicated rhythm while puffing up and rustling their feathers like a peacock, while making deep, almost purr-like chirps.

Wild Pufferdashes are almost completely unseen and unheard of in modern times, and though there have been reports of wild Pufferdash flocks appearing in deep, secluded mountains, but no confirmation has been made in regards to the validity of these sightings. Domestic Pufferdashes are mostly bred to be quick mounts, and often participate in beauty shows where both owner and bird can bask in praise from others.

twotickets

Old 04-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Very nice, Antagonist. I like it!

So have you found a good solution for your clothes?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Thanks! o///o

Yeah, pretty much. XD I'm just wearing whatever I want now, since I've finished all the avatar categories for the contest. o wo

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 03:53 PM

This is Day Five
This creature is a(n): My Little Chickony
This is its story:
This is the unfortunate black sheep of the family...Princess Celestia's ugly cousin, Darth Bane.
Poor Darth was kicked out of the franchise when he unwittingly cackled during the starting credits.
His response: "I guess I'd rather be part of the Twilight series than sing with Twilight Sparkle".

twotickets

Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Thanks! o///o

Yeah, pretty much. XD I'm just wearing whatever I want now, since I've finished all the avatar categories for the contest. o wo
Awesome! :-)
You look pretty good right now.