Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Feathered Vampire Wesat
This is its story: The Feathered Vampire Wesat is a creature that has a bad reputation throughout the island of Duval even though it is mostly native to the southern parts of the island. Myths and legends have sprung up all over of it having powers to turn the residents of any town, city, or home it visits into actual vampires. Children check their ceilings and closets for the sharp fanged creature before heading to bed and many people fear the sight of such a scary looking animal. But its reputation is nearly true for it is a blood sucker and it's diet consisted entirely of blood. Fresh blood. It lurks in barns, caves, abandoned houses, or just in the forests on Duval. It often build nests in the corners of the loft of barns and homes where it will take care of its blood sucking family.

Feathered Vampire Wesats enjoy the blood of livestock and other wild animals, usually not killing the animal in the process, simply draining a bit of blood every now and then. The only harm that comes to the prey are to small punctures that can become sore. This creatures have been known to feast on sleeping human beings though, hence the myths, legends, and horrifying night tales.

The Feathered Vampire Wesats may have feathers and talons, but they are in fact warm blooded animals and give birth to live young. Baby Wesats, called weezys, are born fuzzy, toothless, and clawless. They develop their two fangs and claws after living with parents for two full months. They then shed the fuzz and begin growing a thick layer of feathers. Sometimes blue, green, black, or the more common brown. The parents carry fresh blood in pouches in their cheeks and mouth feed their young until they are old enough to learn how to suck blood on their own.

Feathered Vampire Wesats are not popular creatures and often trapped (for it is illegal to kill them) and relocated to remote forests away from civilization.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 AM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Nocturnal Malvian
This is its story: The Nocturnal Malvian is a hybrid species of mammal and bird. Much like the platypus, it took man a long time to figure out this oddity. It is believed that this creature may be what mythical griffins that appears in storybooks throughout history are based off of. The average size of a Nocturnal Malvian is roughly the size of a condor, with a wingspan of up to 3.2 meters, and a speed of over 75mph in flight.

These creatures are a nocturnal species that dwell in the mountains of Duval, coming out at night from their perches to hunt for food. They are a carnivorous species, and their diet ranges from rodents and birds, to larger animals such as house cats and dogs. The Malvian will usually swoop down from above and bury its claws into their prey and fly off. If the prey is a larger animal like a dog, they will often swoop down and administer an often lethal, paralyzing bite with their mouth first before flying away and waiting for their venom to take effect, then coming back for them. Their venom is usually not lethal to the average human, though children, the elderly, or the sickly should be very careful around them. One bite can cause a full grown man to lose all feeling throughout their body, and, while able to move, their motions will become stiff and uncoordinated for up to three days.

The Nocturnal Malvian is generally viewed as a menace to locals, as they often break into farmer's chicken huts and make off with several unfortunate chickens a night, and if left outside, dogs and cats will also go missing. There has also been several reported incidents where toddlers who strayed too far away from their parents have been snatched away by these winged predators of the night. Due to their nocturnal habits this does not happen often, but it is strongly advised that you do not leave your pets outside at night, to secure your chicken or duck houses with firmer materials, and to never be above three feet away from young children when it is dark.

The Noctrnal Malvian make giant nests out of branches, their own feathers, and clay high up on trees or cliffsides, and they mate for life. Malvian hatchlings are born from their eggs with feathers and fur, though they do not grow their distinctive fangs until they are six months old. A Malvian couple can produce up to five hatchlings a year, and they live up to twenty years in the wild. The oldest known Malvian in captivity lived to the age of twenty-six before passing away. They are not easily trained and should be handled only by the most professional of bird caretakers. They are highly intelligent, and if trained, can do tasks from simple hunting and fetching to carrying mail and packages to a specified address.

Malvians are not endangered species, but hunting is still prohibited as they are not many in numbers. Their feathers are often used as decorations or quills, and it has been observed that if a cluster of their feathers are tied together and hung over a house, most Malvians will avoid hunting near the building. It is unsure whether it is because the feathers are seen as a warning or if it is seen as a proclamation of territory. Their feathers are hard to come by, however, as they often snatch up their own fallen feathers in order to add to their nest.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 AM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Fugly's Owl
This is its story:

Not much is known about this nocturnal bird. The running joke with this creature is that it's to fugly for anyone to car to much about it's eating or breeding behavior. The truth is that they're very elusive and don't come out of their assumed burrows.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 AM

Just under thirty minutes to get you entries in and the game will be ovah. :B

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 AM

This is Day Eight
This creature is a(n): Vampire Owl
This is its story:
"A loyal companion to any Vampire! It only feeds five times a month, and won't touch your precious human blood -- only animal blood for this bad boy!
Is a Werewolf attacking you? No problem! This lean mean killing machine will give its life for its Vampire master, to protect its Vampire master first and foremost and its clan secondarily; and it's not too bad at fighting either!
So cheap! Only $500 for one! Buy one today! Or two and give one to your Beloved!
Fine Print: we are not obligated to give refunds if you and/or someone else mishandles it, including but not limited to: feeding it under a full moon resulting in an explosive death, leaving it out when the sun rises, and/or throwing it near garlic. Do not microwave either."

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-24-2013 at 03:47 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 AM

Whoops. Missed my cue. :P

The game is now officially over.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 AM

You mean I had an extra 4 minutes?! D:
So I could've had a total of 8 minutes to write this thing?! D:
Daaaaang. xD
*wasn't paying attention to the time*
Oh well. It left me time to edit, at least. :3
Though it seems my last edits didn't quite make it in time. xD
Oh well. I can like the edits -- especially the
"Do not microwave either" part -- enough for everyone. :3

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-24-2013 at 03:50 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 AM

Embrace your edits.

Love your edits.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 AM

Be the edits? o.o

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 AM

Yes. YES! Be the edits!

It's like my old philosophy professor used to say, "Ducks are like communists! They don't know how to lay a proper table set!"

... Years later I found out the professor was actually a rambling hobo living behind the campus.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 AM

LOL!
What movie was that....
There was a movie like that....
Not really an older one....
Was it called Drillbit Taylor?
Or something like that?
Anyhooo~
I don't care about too much right now~
I'm just posting my happiness all over the place~
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
Ahhhh, finally~
I'm cooling off now that
I'm mostly caught up on the
Threads I've been trying to
remain active in~

I've determined that being anxious is no fun.
It seems that it turns me into a frickin' heater. >.<

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Hey, I'm fully accredited by the University of Life! And I gave you a B++, I don't know what you are complaining about.

@iamnotspam: Quoting yourself? I know I'm apt to recycle my bon mots...

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 AM

Cardinal Biggles, the Hobo. xD
I always knew that was a fake title!!

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 AM

Hey, don't disrespect the Hobo. It is an ancient and distinguished order.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2013, 04:26 AM

Exactly. Just because I use old pizza boxes as file folders doesn't mean I don't have my dignity.
It isn't easy to make a living as a hobo now a days. We used to be built into the local socio-economic structure, much in the same way as the village idiot.

twotickets

Old 04-24-2013, 04:27 AM

Yes, and now it takes so much work to find the cardboard and newspaper every self-respecting hobo needs. Curse the digital age!

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 AM

I see.
So then you're
the Cardinal Biggles of
the Order of the Catholic Hobos? XD
No wonder you think gold
bullets are magical;
you've been poor too long. XD

Quote:
Doctor: "Alright. Here's your diagnosis; you do have it."
Patient: "So, Doctor, if you didn't diagnose me with it then I wouldn't have it?"

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 AM

The dire straights of the print industry means my credit rating is dropping

twotickets

Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 AM

Who said anything about Catholics? the Order of the Hobo is nondenominational. It is, in fact, very accepting of anyone who has the right stuff (or lacks the right stuff, depending on how you look at it).

---------- Post added 04-24-2013 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
The dire straights of the print industry means my credit rating is dropping
Mine, too!

This is so depressing...

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 AM

Yes, we're closely affiliated with the Unitarians.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 AM

Lol and the enemy of the New World Order?

P.S. Where can I find a single frickin' dbt clock thingamajigger
before I go all "you wouldn't like to see me when I'm angry"?

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2013, 04:42 AM

Please!

Everyone knows that the coffers of the International Order of Hobos run deep.

The cardboard boxes are a ruse. Cover from numerous underground bases where hobos, in conjunction with the Mole People, work to undermine the porcelain figure industry.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 AM

That would explain how so many of my Grandmother's Hummel figures ended up broken when I was a child. We blamed the cat o;

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 AM

>.>
What if they're actually a
cover for the government?!
OH NO, EVERY HOBO IS A LIE!!
They've all eaten cake!!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 AM

Cake is the main reason I got into this field.

-resists finishing with a dean learner quote-