Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-08-2013, 09:59 AM

"Kasimir is only having breakfast with that man because he is a police officer. From Kasimir's point of thinking, he is protecting us first and foremost from an officer of the law. Old habits die hard, even though we have nothing to hide from that officer, nothing to tell him that could help or hinder his investigation, Kasimir is keeping him away from us. As if we were accomplices in a crime, but that is just how Kasimir's mind works. This also works in our favor because the man is a wolf, and by Kasimir keeping him out of this room, away from us, he is keeping our scent out of his nose."

These things were simple to Alistair, but he understood that not all would be able to come to such a conclusion. Not everyone was as suspicious of cops as Kasimir was, and not everyone was as suspicious of other vampires and werewolves as Alistair was. "I know Kasimir is safe, nothing will happen while they are in a public place. I am far more concerned with what your intentions might be, regarding my friend." It was a question, but phrased like a statement. Alistair was mostly worried this man might try to convince Kasimir to turn, or even if not that, convince him to give the vampire a taste of his blood. Alistair would stand for none of that.

PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 11-08-2013, 10:10 AM

These were really all things that Varten had never learned. He had lead a life of seclusion. But the suspicion from the elder, sort of burned at Varten's heart more then the idea that Kasimir being turned. But then he had been warned. My intentions are just this, someone that I can be friends with if nothing more. Someone to make the time pass if for only a few years. And if I'm lucky someone I would take a stake to my own chest to die beside.

He pulled the braid around to look at it. Playing with the tail end of his hair he continued, I only have two friends and one other person that is a close acquaintance. The man that turned me, Cheshire my cat, and the acquaintance is the witch that was my 'sire's' best friend. I am tired of being alone. There is only so much loneliness that I can take before I kill myself out of boredom. He didn't know why but waking up and talking to this other vampire was making him feel sort of depressed with how his life had been.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Someone to ease the loneliness. Alistair knew that all to well, it was why he still hung around Kasimir. The human was his only friend. Still it was rather funny, this vampire talking of loneliness. Only so much loneliness he could take in his life. Alistair wanted to laugh, but he didn't. Alistair was nothing if not a gentleman. He could be brutal, and straight to the point, but he would not laugh at another vampire's loneliness even if he didn't think that person's loneliness could ever compare to his own. He had no right to judge this other vampire's loneliness though, because he didn't know what this man had been through.

"Most vampires do not go looking for human friends." Well, wasn't that a funny thing to hear from a vampire who spent all of his time with a human friend? Alistair shifted slightly. "If you are looking for something more than friendship with Kasimir, you will only end up getting hurt. Either by his own actions or yours." Alistair was implying that Varten would attempt to turn Kasimir if their relationship progressed further than friendship, in order to keep that German by his side forever. The other thing Alistair was implying was that Kasimir could not be faithful, a relationship where the human could only have one bed partner would be to difficult for the shameless German. Though Alistair was sure Varten didn't know that about Kasimir just yet.

"Kasimir is a grown man, free to pick his friends as he will, but I will be watching you." It was the best approval Varten would get from Alistair, and he was lucky to get that at all.

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Randolph nodded at Kasimir's answer, and made up his coffee. He remembered how his wife used to joke that he liked a little coffee with his cream and sugar, and smiled sadly. He watched as Kasimir very carefully sipped his tea before testing his coffee. The cream had cooled it down to just barely drinkable, and he took a large sip, trying to think of something to say. He must really be impressing Kasimir with his conversational skills. “I'm new here myself, I only moved in about a month ago.

Aware of how inane that sounded once he'd said it, he tried to come up with something more interesting to say, but the best he could come up with was "Do you travel alot?"

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Audrey was in the bushes now, a spot near what she assumed was the main building. It was the largest one and it was relatively close. None of the cops that had wandered into the woods had bother to make their way over here either so it was also rather safe. Maybe they didn't think she'd hide next to the main building?

To be honest though she really didn't care. All she really cared about was that the woman she had been tracking, the one who had the amulet she'd been craving since that witch kicked the bucket, had been the one to find her. Audrey could not have asked for a better burst of luck.

The rain continued to fall, washing the blood from her body, inadvertently cleaning what wounds were exposed to it with dirty rain water. She continued her quiet waiting, starting to shiver slightly from the cold. She would shift slightly, grow some fur to help insulate herself, but her skin was already soaked it wouldn't help at all. She'd just wait. And when it paid off and the police left she'd get up and find the woman. She needed to find the amulet. And if it wasn't with her she'd get its location out of her one way or another.

PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 PM

Varten bristeled at the implication. He thought that he made himself clear on his intentions. He would never subject anyone to the same loneliness that he had went through the last sixty years. And he heard the implication that Kasimir would not be a 'faithful boyfriend' type. This was something that he had already suspected. He was a lover to the end however so any affection whether or not it came from one man was more then enough to satisfy the red head.

Cheshire could see the cogs turning in his vampire's mind. It was amazing. His Varten was actually thinking before he responded. He must have really wanted to impress this other vampire with his intentions. However Cheshire could see that it would take more then words to teach this elder that Varten was good.

When Hiro gave a form of consent to the two being at least friends, Varten did relax a bit. He's only being cautious. He's probably never met another good intention vampire. Varten decided to ask the elder some more questions as he had only the knowledge he had gained just after being turned and what he gained after being on his own. So when I was first turned my 'sire's' friend, the witch I told you about, told me that vampires all have special abilities. How do we find them? If we don't know what they are how do you train it?Do we even have secret abilities anyway or is it just a lie to get people to turn?

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM

Took him away because they had cops, fire fighters and and ambulance using their sirens to get through what little traffic they had. And they seemed to be going towards Bloodlake Camp, where Rebecca might be. It would very terrible if anything were to happen to her or more specifically the amulet. But despite this he took his time because he didn't want cause a commotion with the cops and it'd be too tiresome to make everyone who saw forget the commotion ever happened. When he got there he stayed in his car quite some distance away to watch as the cops were exploring the premises.

He saw Rebecca so he oddly felt relived at that. He reached back and rubbed Sasha's head as he kept watching. The fire truck that came seem to be heading off because it wasn't needed obviously with the rain and no clear presence of fire. So what were they doing here? That was a question he wanted to know the answer to, but he'll just have to wait until they leave. It took awhile but the last of the cops had finally left. Aiden pulled up right next to the main office and parked his car. "Alright girl, stay here but first..." Aiden reached across the passenger seat to grab the wings. Holding them against his body he would shield them mostly from the rain as he left the car to head up to the main office. When he was at the door he gave a few light knocks on the door.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 AM

((I'm going to post now while I have a chance. I dunno what Saturday will be like, it's my sister in law's wedding, and then Sunday we're driving stock cars. I should still be able to post both days, but I'm not making any promises!))

Becca had just finished gathering up the paperwork, when there was a light knock on the door. She assumed it to be a police officer, still being careless to the thought that it could be that woman, or something worse. She set the paperwork on the desk and crossed the creaky wooden floor of the office cabin.

She opened the door, shocked to see Aiden, holding her wings. "Oh," she said, obviously surprised. "It's you. And my wings..." She stood there for another moment. How had he known to find her here? It was rather sweet that he'd thought to return her wings. But something about him seemed, dangerous. He was the creepy guy she'd found in a tomb after all.

Becca pushed the screen open, stepping out of the way so that he could come in out of the wind and rain. Though he was standing on a covered porch now, it didn't quite protect him or anything on it from the windy rain. "Come in," she said. "I was just cleaning up." She walked back to the small fire.

"I was trying to get dry," she chuckled lightly, "as if this little thing would do the trick." It wasn't doing the trick. At all. That was okay. She'd just head home soon, as long as the roads permitted. As of now, her Toms, ripped jeans and long sleeved v-neck, were soaked. Her hair was a wavy wet mess, and she was sure she'd catch her death at any moment.

"Thanks for bringing these back to me," she said, taking the wings. She looked them over. Dirty, ratty, a little bit of blood on the tip of one wing, and now a little damp. They were done for. "Guess my angel days are over," she laughed. It was no big deal. It had only been a costume.

She returned her attention to Aiden. "I never really thanked you," she started, "for taking me home last night. And thanks for bringing my wings." She thought for a moment. "At first I thought you were kind of creepy, hanging out in that tomb and all. But I think you're really thoughtful. It's sweet," she said, having no idea that it was all a plot for her pendant.

She was leaning against the desk. Becca couldn't take her eyes off of Aiden really. She wasn't trying to stare. He just looked like something out of a movie. And those eyes, they were so different, and amazing. Once again, Becca smelled the familiar scent of cinnamon, with a hint of vanilla. She wondered for a brief moment if the police had all gone, not knowing that they had.

Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 PM

Kaled was out of the shower in less than ten minutes and almost performed a spell that would have dried him completely before he realized he had a guest sitting in his kitchen who had likely heard him in the shower. He couldn't very well walk out there with perfectly dry hair and skin - it would raise suspicions, and he wanted to avoid that entirely if he could. The girl from before was wary of him already, if the boy was as well then it may raise an entirely new set of problems.

He dressed quickly and cleanly, taking the towel from before and wiping the excess water from his head and neck. His cassock stuck to his body in places and he grimaced. It was not a feeling that he wanted to repeat again.

The kitchen was lit brightly and for a moment the light seared into his eyes before they adjusted. Leaning on the counter in front of the window was the boy - he seemed slightly concerned though that was likely due to the downpour outside. If he were to leave then and there he would be soaked and chilled to the bone.

So it appears to be unlikely that he is to leave soon.

With this rain, though, it was also highly unlikely any of his congregation were to show up to the first mass of the day. No, if he knew them well enough they would be at home cursing their rotten luck as they stayed warm and dry and inside a oft as possible. None would brave the rain to come see their pastor and this worked to both his advantage and disadvantage - while it freed up his morning to go into town to search for the girl and her magic item, it also brought the question of why he would head to town in such weather in the first place.

"Good morning. It is good to see that you are well."

Kaled ended his sentence with a smile - after all, it was best to make the boy think he was naught but a kindly old priest. Before he had entered the child's field of vision he made sure that his footsteps were heard. He had the habit of stepping lightly and it tended to startle others as he walked over to them.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2013, 02:45 AM

Audrey watched the policemen leave, not moving from her spot against the wall until she was sure they were all gone. Once that happened she stood straighter and turned, making her way toward the rear of the building.

She stopped when she heard a voice, the distant sound of the amulet girl speaking with someone. Was there still an officer here? No....Audrey had seen all the cruisers leave. Must've been someone else. She growled but continued, limping her way around the building.

The back entrance soon came into her view and, being as quiet as she could on a bad leg with wounds healed only part of the way, she climbed the one step up and began to fiddle with the door. She hoped it was unlocked. She really didn't want to have to break a window or go in through the front. Especially with the mystery guest here.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Nate turned his head, eyeing the entryway from the hallway. He could hear the steps coming in and he smiled back when Kaled walked in and bade him good morning. "Morning," he greeted, pushing himself off the counter and standing straight.

"Yeah. That's actually the best I've slept in months." He gave a small chuckle, though it didn't sound at all genuine. It was kind of flat, hollow. It was like some sort of dark, inside joke to him. Because sleep really was a joke. He couldn't get any rest without pills back at the house.

Speaking of the house...he turned around, casting another look out the window. "I'll be out of your hair soon, Father. I was just waiting for the rain to let up a bit. It's pretty bad out there today..."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 AM

Kasimir was rather content with Randolph talking about himself. Though Randy had steered the conversation's topic to Kasimir simply by asking that one question. He shrugged slightly. "I just can't seem to settle down anywhere. No place is good enough for me, really, and I don't like being tied down." He brought his tea back to his lips, to take another, almost delicate sip of the hot beverage. He liked the way the warm liquid felt as it traveled down his throat, and it was really good tea for what he thought was a rinky-dink diner. Those green eyes were watching Randolph, hardly ever straying from that man for more than a few seconds. "I'm boring though. I want to know everything about you." He had leaned forward slightly, showing only complete interest in his companion. "So Randy, tell me everything."

Alistair was silent for a long while after Varten asked his question about special abilities. Thinking of how best to explain something like that in easy to understand terms. He had never had to explain things like that before, and he didn't want to end up confusing the other. "Not all vampires have special abilities." Alistair was sitting on the edge of the bed, but he leaned a bit close to Varten, his blue-grey eyes searching almost intently at the other's features. Then Alistair shrugged as he moved to his original position. "If you have one, it is a part of you. Like your fingers or eyes. It is always there, just clear your mind and feel for it. It will be new, but familiar, when you find it, do not grasp it tightly or it will slip from you. You have to let it flow, let it slide over you gently. I would suggest meditating, it is a good way to clear one's head for something like that."

He stood, and stretched a bit. "However, some special abilities do not come to a clear mind. Some come to a massive surge of emotion, though most vampires deny their emotions. Great anger or sadness or happiness can awaken the abilities in some, it all depends on the nature of the ability really." He moved across the room to look out the window, to watch the rain falling outside. Alistair did like the rain, and the sound it made on the roof.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-10-2013, 06:04 AM

Her Sapphire eyes seemed to stand out today but something was missing about her persons. It was her pendant, the one she said she'd hardly ever takes off. "Er.. yeah you left them in my backseat. They're probably ruined now do to the unforgiving rain." He stepped inside after he was formally invited. It wasn't that because someone lived here that he had to be invited but it was owned by someone human so it was all the same. Aiden took a look around, he could see the place did need alittle bit of cleaning. He's turned towards the fire where she had walked over to.

Aiden didn't know if she was being sarcastic or if she was attempting to make a joke so he didn't do anything but nod. She looked soaked to the bone but she much drier then he was. At any rate, it may take a long time to dry but what little fire she did have would surely keep her warm enough to survive and not catch puemonia. Though there is the case of her wet clothes. He could just taking them of but they wouldn't really work. For a number of a reasons and not just the obvious one.

He walked over to the fire and Rebecca and handed her the damp wings, and nodded. What a unexpected turn of events to lead to this meeting so soon... He thought as she talked about her Angel days ending. He couldn't help but chuckle. "Indeed...but surely there is nothing wrong with being a Fallen Angel."

Within one setence. One breathe. He was thanked twice. He couldn't help but frown when told him he was creepy but sweet. The frown was more for the sweet part but she would have no way of knowing that. He wanted to be her friend or atleast someone close her. Not some "Sweet" guy, it left a sour taste in his mouth. Aiden surveyed the place one more, before looking back to Rebecca who he noticed was staring at him. "So what are you doing up, do you work today?" He thought for a moment about the company she had earlier. "I saw some police leaving here when I was arriving... what was that about?"

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Randolph nodded when Kasimir said he didn't like being tied down. He could understand that, for a little while after he had killed the witch who had murdered his family, he had been unable to stay in one spot to long, going from place to place looking for monsters rather then letting anyplace become a home. He watched Kasimir take a drink of the tea and wondered if he should say something. He was relieved when Kas started to speak again, but a little anxious when Kas said he wanted to know everything. Having Kas' undivided attention was making him feel shy in a way he hadn't felt since talking with girls in middle school.

Randolph thought for a moment, then said “There really isn't that much to tell. I grew up in a small town, married my high school girlfriend, and became a police officer after she and my unborn child were murdered.” His voice was emotionless as he said the last part, and his face went blank. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes for a moment. “Sorry, it's just hard to talk about my past.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Onyx gladly took the plate of food from Matt, and quickly took a bite. Like always, Onyx could almost anything at any time. Which it's a really good thing that she has a fast metabolism, or she'd be swollen up to the size of large potatoe.

Hearing that Becca had gone out for juice, Onyx knew it'd take Becca a long time. Becca tended to get into trouble wherever the poor girl went.

"I slept okay, I guess. Becca rolls around a lot and kicks in her sleep whenever she's been stressed out. I won't be surprised if I find a bruise on my hip." Onyx said this offering him a small smile. He was trying to be friendly, and that felt nice. Onyx normally didnt talk to many others unless it were Becca or Becca's parents.

"You really can cook, you know," She took another bite of the food before her, it was delicious! Onyx would definitely be wanting Matt to cool more often.

((This literally made no sense to me. Buutttt, I'm backkkkk. Finally .-.))

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 AM

A fallen angel? Becca almost laughed, she'd heard those angel pick up lines before. But something about the way he spoke was so, alluring. He was different from the young, stupid boys she was used to dating. She couldn't put her finger on what it was about him though. His clothes? Yes, his clothes did have a certain appeal. It couldn't be just that though.

He was asking her questions now. She nodded, "I work everyday, as long as there are things that need done here," she gestured to the office, referring to the camp, "then I'm working. My parents are good friends with the owners of Camp Bloodlake. Apparently they're pretty reclusive. They hired me to run the place in the off season. Chances are I'll be running it in the summer, too."

Becca shrugged. She could handle it. She was an amazing planner. Becca was organized, efficient and could get anyone to get things done for her just by turning the charm on. She'd organized her entire Senior prom, and even her own sweet 16, both of which made newspapers.

Then he was asking about the police. Becca couldn't believe she'd almost forgotten about it. It was like Aiden clouded her mind and her brain focused on him and his actions and questions, and not much else. She frowned, a frown of concern and of confusion, and shook her head.

"When I got here the power was out, so I went to the storage cabin. There's a breaker box there. But when I got inside, there was blood on the floor." She looked down at herself, remembering she'd gotten blood on her. The rain had washed most of it away along with the woman's scent, surely the scent of werewolf. "There was a woman there. She was badly insured, and naked. And she asked for a knife to dig something metal out of her leg. She said she didn't want the authorities involved."

The was recalling the details, which reminded her of the previous night. This town was going crazy. No, it had always been crazy. The creatures of the night had just been cunning enough to keep themselves secret. Even the party had been covered up. Though the vampires there had been incredibly careless, and more than likely fairly new.

She'd begun to stare at the floor at some point, in thought. Finally she looked up at Aiden again and shrugged. "I called the police anyway. She needed medical attention. But when I went out to flag them down, she crawled out the back window." And that was that. She didn't know how the woman had come to be so injured, or nude. Perhaps she was linked to the party. Maybe she'd been injured there. But why would she run away? Maybe she herself was some creature of the night.

Becca couldn't believe she was actually accepting the fact that there were vampires and werewolves. At some point, it might actually sink in, literally. She moved to put the tiny fire out. "Trouble follows me you know?" she asked him as if he might say no. It was obvious though, and she wouldn't know why. Not yet. She chuckled though. "Boy have I been through some funny stuff."

When the fire was done, Becca faced Aiden again. Her smile had faded though. While most of the trouble she got herself into wasn't too bad, lately, as in the last two days, it had been quite awful. "Do you believe in fate?" she asked him curiously. Part of her wondered if she was always getting into trouble for a reason. Perhaps it was also why she always felt as if she were searching for something. Maybe she was just under a lot of stress, and being completely weird. She couldn't tell anymore.

----

Matt laughed. "Bec's flopped around like that since we were kids. Mom and dad used to think she was practicing karate in her sleep," he laughed. He wasn't much better though. He was quite the snorer. But he wouldn't out himself to Onyx on that just yet.

"Thanks," he said to her comment. "The 'rents have always been too busy to be real parents," he started. He wasn't putting them down in any way. Despite their busy schedules, they loved their children very much. They provided everything and then some, and still managed to show up for a few recitals and football games.

"Me n' Bec had to learn to cook early, or else eat cereal and pop tarts for every meal for the rest of our lives." He was almost finished cooking, wondering where his sister was when the house phone rang. He picked up the cordless off the wall and answered. "Hello?" Becca had gotten sidetracked, of course. "Yeah it's really coming down hard here, too."

Matt peered out the window at the day. It was so cloudy with dark rain clouds, that it looked more like late evening than a real day. "Okay. It's cool. Me and Onyx here are just getting to know each other a little better." He flashed a brilliant dimpled smile over his shoulder at Onyx. "Sure, be safe Bec." Matt disconnected and set the phone down.

He piled up a plate with eggs, another with pancakes, one with bacon and sausage, another with hashbrowns, a plate with biscuits and one basket with butter, jelly and a warm cup of syrup. He took all of the stuff to the dining room table and added two extra empty plates, with silverware, and poured up the last of the orange juice into two glasses, accompanied by two cups of coffee.

When he was done, he stood over his work in the dining room, beaming. His hands were on his hips and he was nodding. It was a masterpiece. "I guess it's just you and me for a while," he said, winking at her. He sat at the table and dug in. His thoughts went in and out of a lot of different things, though he tried to seem like there wasn't much on his mind at all.

He was anxious to start training tonight with Officer Smythe. And he even wanted to do some research of his own before then. Maybe Onyx would want to go to the library with him today, and if she did, hopefully she'd be a reader. He hated reading. It was hard to keep his mind on the more serious matters though, when he was sitting here staring at a beautiful girl, only inches from him.

"So tell me Onbon," he was already nicknaming her, "What keeps you in a town like this?" He wondered seriously. If he'd grown up here, he'd have moved out the first chance he got. He wouldn't be staying himself, if not for the desire and human instincts that told him he needed to protect his family.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM

That hadn't exactly been what Kasimir had meant by everything. His whole body had twitched slightly and he sat back in the booth, leaning heavily into the back rest of the bench. Watching Randolph with an unreadable expression on his face for a moment. Something like that, the man had mentioned it so easily. "Damnit, Randy!" That unreadable expression turned to a scowl. "That wasn't...I didn't mean super personal stuff." Kasimir didn't even want his breakfast anymore, that was too bad. The waitress had just now returned, and placed their food on the table. Kas didn't even look at her, he was too busy scowling at Randolph. The waitress left their table quickly.

Okay, Kasimir had meant super personal stuff, but nothing like that. "I mean. Yea, super personal stuff, but something like that? That's something you should talk about when you're ready to talk about, not something blurted out cause I said I wanted to know everything." That scowl left his face, and he huffed lightly, reaching for his fork. He stared at his food with those green eyes, and stirred his eggs around for a bit. Though Kasimir was mostly upset because now he was obligated to tell something personal as well. Deeply, emotionally scaring, personal information.

He wasn't sure he had anything like that. "Eh..I grew up in a German-American orphanage in Germany. Run by evil nuns." Yup, Kasimir had nothing, though he had shuddered slightly at the mention of the orphanage and evil nuns. Nothing deeply scaring...well...nothing that left deep emotional scars. Finally he shoved some food into his mouth, pushing the thought of Randy's dead family away. It was easy to push that thought away. He didn't know them personally.

He swallowed the food in his mouth and pinned Randy with an intense stare, pointing at him with his fork. "You are supposed to tell me details about you and your life, that don't involve deeply emotional scaring. At least, not over breakfast. Save the deep scarring stuff for the pillow talk." His lips quirked up in a slight smile as he focused on his food.

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Randolph looked down at his plate when Kasimir swore and told him he hadn't meant such personal stuff, tension clear in the lines of his posture. He relaxed a little when Kasimir told he had meant personal stuff, but that was something he should have waited until he was ready to tell. He smiled at Kasimir's attempt to even the balance of personal information shared.

His blush, which had faded during between ordering food and the more serious talk, returned at the mention of 'pillow talk'. He didn't comment on it, however. “Evil Nuns, huh?” He paused, running his hand through his relatively short blonde hair. “I'm sorry, I'm really bad at this. It's been awhile since I did anything like this, actually since high school...” Randolph paused, not knowing what to say. Since his wife died, his whole life had been devoted to hunting and police work. “Since my wife died, I've been pretty single minded about my work.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 PM

"Those nuns were the worst." Kasimir ate a bit more of his breakfast and then shoved the plate slightly away, laying his fork down. He leaned back against the back rest of the bench he sat on. Those arms crossing across his chest, but there was a slight smile on his lips. "You're a lost cause, aren't ya?" Those green eyes danced with amusement. "That's alright, I don't mind someone married to their work. I'm a pretty low maintenance kind of guy, and I won't get jealous if you love your job more than me." For half a moment he batted his eyelashes at Randy, then his arms uncrossed and he was reaching for his tea.

It had cooled considerably now, Kasimir drank it down fast and set the empty mug on the table near his plate of half finished breakfast. He leaned forward a bit, hands gripping the edge of the table lightly. "Wanna go somewhere private? I could help you relax, and we could have some fun." There was a suggestive look in his eyes, and a suggestive tone in his voice when he said 'fun'.

numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Randolph smiled, a little wryly, at Kas' comment about him being a lost cause. He sipped his coffee and took a few bites of food, unsure what to say. Kas' next question threw him for a loop, and he once again turned bright red from his hair line to his collar. He rubbed the back of his neck. “I.. Uhm...I've never...Err...I don't know?” He paused, then checked his watch. “I uhm, I only have about half an hour before I'm due to be back on duty.

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 03:31 PM ----------

((Sorry for the short post, NaNoWriMo is apparently sapping my creativity in other areas...))

Last edited by numerica; 11-12-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2013, 08:55 PM

Audrey smiled, her face twisting as the knob turned and the door opened. It was kind of sticky and the hinges creaked liked old cabin doors should. She twitched but slipped inside. Literally. The moment her wet, mud slicked feet weighted on the dry floor it slipped under her.

Her world shifted and she only managed to not connect with the floor thanks to the wall and a table close to the door. It made noise. A lot more than she would have liked. It was the disgusting scrape of wood across the flooring. Grating and horrible on her ears.

She pushed herself up a few moments later, not putting too much of her weight on her bad leg. She was not going through that again. She began to limp her way through the room, following the sound of what she assumed was voices.

She smiled when smell began to return to her, her nose no longer consumed by the scent of rain and mud. She could smell and fire, faint a smokey. Just put out. But there was another smell, fainter but there just under the smoke. And it caused her to stop and a....noise to leave her throat. It wasn't really a growl. Just a noise. Vampire. Stinking and there and too close to what she wanted. What she needed. She stood there now, in the hallway somewhere between the rear door and the front room, glaring and trying not to lose it quite yet. She still had too many holes and they were closing too slow.

((It took me much longer than anticipated but I got it done. Sorry for the two-day wait.))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 11-13-2013 at 02:54 AM..

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM

When Matt had been in the conversation with Becca and flashed Onyx that smile of his, she practically melted on the spot. The way his eyes shined in the kitchen lighting was pretty 'radical', which was the only way Onyx could explain it without slipping up her words in her head.

A few minutes later, he began to pile the food onto the kitchen table, and Onyx immediately found herself beginning to sit down and set up a plate of various foods. Onyx hasn't eaten anything since the diner with Becca at around noon yesterday.

Onyx took several bites of food, contemplating why she had stayed in this town. She could just pick up and leave, but then again, she couldn't, something was keeping her here. Something fairly strong.

"Onbon?" Onyx laughed at the little nickname. The way Matt Sao it was fairly cute, and Onyx wouldn't be afraid to admit it, if asked.

"I'd like to think I'm here for family, but I have none. I'd also like to think I'm here for my book, because of the creepiness this town possesses, but nope. I don't know. I just can't leave. I truly don't know why,"

As soon as Onyx finished her sentenced she took another bite of the warm food, swallowing, and looking up to look Matt in the eye.

"Why are you here? Becca never mentioned you coming back."

Last edited by letmefly101; 11-13-2013 at 01:50 AM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 AM

WHITEAiden frowned when she told him about the woman. Bloody, naked, and not wanting the Authorities involved? Plus something about digging metal out? Shortly after after Rebecca had said that she start to look at the floor then she looked back up to him to add something else. He simply nodded when she told him she called the police anyway because she need medical attention. She crawled out the window...? he thought. That didn't sound too good. He looked Rebecca more closely for any scratches or bites. He stopped when the fire dwindle into nothing as she put it out.

WHITE"Trouble follows you hm?" He thought about that for a moment after he said. She was more right then either of them knew. And it was all because of that Aura of hers and her family heirloom, the pendant. He watched her smile faded as she asked if he believed in fate. Did he? Destiny was one thing and fate was another. "Fate? No..no I do not.. but I do believe in Destiny." He thought about asking her but no sound came out of his mouth, because he heard something. He wasn't sure but noise came from somewhere in the cabin, it was faint but it sounding like a door opening. A moment passed, and he decided to not worry about it. "What abo--" He started but stopped due to there being a loud noise. Whether or not Rebecca heard it he definitely heard the sound of wood being slide across wood.

WHITEAiden turned his head from Rebecca and into the empty hallway. Someone was there or rather something was. He could smell it. Even beneath the rain, and dried mostly washed away blood. The smell it wasn't anything like what a human could possibly smell, maybe a few animals but to the same extent other a Vampire or Werewolf can. The best thing that would be comparable to this but far from it would perhaps be death. It's the most unpleasant smell. Aiden moved alittle closer to Rebecca without realizing it. "Do you have anything else to do here?"

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 11-13-2013 at 06:33 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 AM

He didn't believe in fate, but destiny. Becca contemplated the slight difference between the two for a moment. He'd begun to ask her something in return, but stopped to look down into the darkness of the office hall. Sapphire blue eyes followed his gaze, but saw nothing in the darkness. Surely he couldn't see anything either.

When he moved closer to her, she looked away from the hall to assess the space between them. He was being weird again. Standing close to her, mostly a stranger, the way he was. It was getting harder though to think of him as creepy, the more she spoke with him. Even though he wasn't much of a talker so far. The mysteriousness seemed to draw her to him, too. Plus, the bit of shallowness inside of her sometimes found it hard to look too far past those amazingly angelic looks of his. The irony of that thought might dawn on her later, when she found out what he truly was.

For now, she shrugged. "I can't do much with this rain. The lawn guys have cancelled. The computer needs reset since the power went out, and this ancient thing will take me all day to get going again." She patted the top of the desktop computer. She'd really need to get this place a laptop. The owners would thank her, she was sure of it. "I planned on taking the paperwork home and balancing the checkbook later."

She picked up a few things and stuffed them into her over the shoulder bag. She picked up the wings and laughed, giving them and then Aiden an eyebrow raise before dropping them into the trashcan. The fire was out, the things were collected. "I guess I don't have anything left to do here now that the police are gone." She grabbed her keys and headed for the door, ushering Aiden out onto the porch.

She closed the cabin door behind them before locking it and letting the screen close. It was too bad the rain hadn't let up at all. It didn't look like it would any time soon. "Hey," Becca said with an idea. "We're having breakfast at my house. My parents will be out of town until tomorrow. You hungry?" Becca felt like she owed him. He'd taken her home last night, brought her her wings today. She owed him some hospitality at least.

~~~*~~~*~~~

"Hmm," he said in response to Onyx's statement about staying in Farefield. He supposed anyone could have an attachment to the place they grew up in, in a way that made it hard for them to leave the place. He sort of felt that way about Arizona, where him and his sister were born. He always planned to go back there to live though there was no real tangible reason why.

He continued eating, pouring syrup over his pancakes. If his sister didn't hurry up, there wasn't going to be any food left for her. Matt was a pretty big eater. A garbage can of an eater. He could eat absolutely anything. He loved all food, and seemed to have a bottomless stomach. He laughed when Onyx said she hadn't known he was coming, that Bec hadn't said anything.

"Typical Becca," he said. "Probably too much on her plate as usual to remember I was coming." He thought for a moment. Of course, he had come on a whim, and very short notice. Perhaps Becca had misheard the date. He shrugged. "I came back because I decided to take a break from school." He shoved some more food in his mouth, seeming to swallow it without chewing.

"Plus, I heard there was a dark haired hottie basically living here, and I had to check her out for myself." He winked at Onyx again. He couldn't help but flirt with her. Unlike his sister, he wasn't too big of a flirt. While he'd dated, he never really found himself too interested in any of the girls he knew. But Onyx was different. He wasn't sure why yet. But he intended on finding out.

He inhaled some more food. "If you don't mind my asking," he said, trying to be polite and not upset Onyx. "Why did your family leave?" He couldn't really wrap his mind around family and leaving. Family was everything. He could never imagine abandoning his own child, or Onyx for that matter, at all. She didn't seem like a bad seed or an axe murderer. Wait. "You aren't an axe murderer are you?" He was joking of course.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 11-14-2013, 09:08 PM

(( finally sorry had a lot to catch up on reading through story so far!! The first post will be a bit of a lag in Time, just a bit behind the current story, also typing on ipad, so likes to auto correct, and takes a bit more time than I would like, any time feel free for poppet to post for me as she knows the characters details))

An ageing man sat in shadow a wooden desk, dark and old, with carving along the side, long worn away. dust motes hung in the dim light eaking from a tall light stand in the corner, an old grubby shade gave the room a warm and ruddy glow. The man sat hunched over some crumpled papers stained with age, a slight shadow hung on his brow as he concentrated. Almost suddenly he stopped, and attempted to sit up straight leaning against the back of his chair. Clumsily he pushed himself away from the desk with both hands, and stood up still slightly hunched. He wore a light brown suit, frayed here and there, patches of old stains could be seen. It appeared it used to be quite smart, years ago, but had been neglected.
Peter shakar proprietor of antiquities was printed on several certificates adorning the wall of this small store, along with cupboards, shelves, cabinets and paintings arranged quite haphazardly, all filled with odd trinkets.
Peter stood for a second, his eyes raised up to the ceiling for a split second, he then shuffled over to one shelf that was at waist height, and began to work his way along. He raised a hand slowly and with a slight tremor, and started to give the items placed in this shelf a gentle touch, each one.
All had the beginnings of a slight layer of dust. Every now and then he would pause at an item and give it an extra poke. He ran his finger over a glass sphere set upon three golden hands clasping it as a kind of base. A Short silver ornament, formed into the shape of a woman, he caressed it almost provocatively. Other items followed. He paused specifically longer at an old tome, opened, yet appeared leather bound, but pages within ripped out. An object that resembled some kind of octopus or tentacled creature, he turned over, and placed back down carefully. Finally he grasped a small black ebony box, and lifted the lid slowly, inside was layered in dark red velvet, a piece of jewellery sat in the centre, a round opal dressed in silver wire.
Peter's hand hovered above the opal his fingers outstretched as to grab it it, deep inside a slight glow pulsed. Then he rather swiftly clasped his fingers, leaving the item, and snapping the lid shut. Peter peered at the box, and slowly mouthed and spoke in a whisper
" where... Are... You?" Pausing deliberately after each word.

A short time later Peter paced towards the stores door, it appeared to be late in the evening, he grabbed a long heavy coat from a rack, and stepped past a full length mirror, something flickered in the glass, Peter looked at his reflection. After a brief pause swept the coat around himself, before stepping out onto a porch. He looked out into the night, gentle spittle had started to brush on his face, and gather I his wrinkles of his eyes and forehead before beading, and working their way down his harsh features, before dripping of his slightly stubbly chin. Not once did he blink... Then a amongst the wind came an inaudible whisper, one that it seemed Peter could hear, as he nodded to himself and answered back " yes"

Peter took a step towards the street, and onto the sidewalk. Walking slowly into the darkness.

---------- Post added 11-14-2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

Peter walked through the night being whipped by the increasing wind, past streets and darkened buildings, after a while he could see blue lights pulsing somewhere above the trees ahead, he made his way around the copse of trees. By now the rain had started to pour heavily. Ahead of him the scene was dramatic. Police tape surrounded the house, several ambulances parked in the road, emergency technicians pulled gurneys with black body bags slumped on top. Parked closest to him was an animal control vehicle... This wasn't done by any normal creature. Peter knew well what caused this carnage... There was nothing here that interested him now though, he was just a little too late.
Peter turned around and walked away, treading through the running thick ooze that now filled the street, mud mixed with blood and gore, washing into the drains, and down the drainage ditches beside the road. He might need some new help, in his search he decided, his last aides were currently disposed indefinitely he presumed. Peter felt the air blow past him, his coat lifting slightly, he turned towards some more trees, where appeared to be a building in the distance ahead." There" he said to himself, he thought that is where he may find the help, he needed, someone there had what it took to help him, but it would have to wait. Peter turned one last time to the way he had came and started off again.

Eventually the man returned to the store, and set his coat back upon the rack... Slowly he sat back down upon his desk, and clasped his hands together and stared through the store. There he sat, meanwhile all that could be heard was the rain on the window, and the ticking of a clock somewhere, time past, and light began to filter through the shutters on the window, fighting to get past the thick whitewash that still hadn't been removed. Still he sat almost motionless.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-15-2013, 04:08 AM

(( Post is long, but Aiden's isn't. What's making it long is my other characters long post. Brace yourselves. ))

"Then why don't you get an upgrade and get a laptop? Not only would it be faster but it comes with mobility." He offered while Rebecca picked up a few things to stuff into her shoulder bag. Aiden knew she was thinking about a laptop or because she just gave him the tiniest of smiles and nodded before picking up ruined wings and laughing all the while give the wings and him a eyebrow raise. It seemed she had everything she need because the next thing she was doing was ushering him outside back into the weather. Which hasn't even let up since he's been in there. He leaned alittle forward to pick up at the sky from beneath the small porch covering. The cloud seem to have become more blackish then grey. It wasn't really a concern of his but he hope no 'natural disasters' would show up if the sky kept changing colors. He leaned back to his normal position as he looked around the parking lot to his car close-by then another one close but abit further then where his was. Must be hers the though fluttered across his mind.

Rebecca called for his attention after she had locked the door and close the screen one. She said something breakfast at her house. He thought about it for abit before deciding. "Sure, but I have something I need to do first. I'll see you there?" He asked as he turned slightly over to her. He wasn't too sure about what kind of opportunities he would have at her since the moment she said "we". He almost wanted to decline at first. But he might as well take any offer she has, since it'd be less.. strange if he just showed up at her house out of no where. Almost like he did at her job. But! He had a legitimate purpose for being here. "I would offer some sort of cover for you, but I haven't brought an umbrella nor a actual jacket." He told her as he pulled out his keys, and as he stepped from under the porch he looked back at her. He thought about saying something but changed his mind and turned towards his car and slightly jogged over to it. Sasha seemed to be laying down in the back seat but her back was see-able through the window. It might have look liked a giant furry white blanket or something from Rebecca's view if she looked at his car.

He slipped in after unlocking, and turned on the engine along with the windshield wipers. Sasha raised her head to look at him then toward the office where she could see Rebecca going towards her car. She turned back towards Aiden and nudged his shoulder before lowering her head back down on top of her paws. "Yeah, she's the one." was all he said to her before pulling out and driving off.

----- Enter The Blood Countess, October 1st & 2nd-----

(( Outfit: Pants, Corset, Accessories 1 and 2, Shoes. And here is her umbrella. First post, the day/night of the party, the second is the current day. ))

It was just like any other day in Farefield, the sun as usual was pretty much covered up so those we were adverse to the Sun's rays could wonder about. Or atleast in this particular females case, skip about place to place with a creepy smile the whole way. Lilith was her name, a name not used often on parent's little girls. And she was a Vampire, and not just any Vampire. There was some very emotional deep music floating through the woods somewhere. Those who were the usually troublemakers, the same ones who stay around graveyards, were the only ones to hear it if they happen to be nearby. The music seem to be coming from a ruined down Church that seemed to be made out of stone, save for the windows. Which meant this church was either really old or someone built it because they liked the old type medieval/gothic churches. The church had missing walls, and part of the roof was missing, even a piece of the tower that stood tall int he back of the church was missing part of it's front wall. There seems to be no door, which meant it was either broken or torn done, but either way it was no longer there. And as night fall it seemed there was no change, as the same music was still playing but fog seemed to have gather around the Church now. And there was a ominous red glow emanating from all the openings.

Lilith was twirling around in the front room of the Ancient Church as if she was dancing with someone else, and she made it look so convincing. "Oh you know this dance well!" Her soft voice seemed to project and bounce off the walls. Then suddenly she just stopped, and patted down her silky spaghetti strapped dress. She closed her eyes, and form a o with her soft pink lips. She could feel the bones beneath her skin shifting and changing size. She did this all the time, and the pain from.. she could pretty much ignore now. But it must have sounded really painfully because there was cracking as if bones were breaking. As her form seemed to get smaller, she started to grow raven colored feathers. One moment she was a what looked like a human the next moment she was a slightly large Crow. She took to the air, and out of the Church towards the majority of the population. She perched in a tree next to some chatty kathys. They were talking about a party. And she knew where it was going to be. If Crows could smile, she would have a large Cheshire type grin right now. She dropped down and flew right int he path of the two girls and stared at them.

They stopped abruptly and looked at her much the way a deer in headlights would look and crossed the street because they weren't about to walk by a Crow, there was no telling what it would do.

Not knowing why she did Lilith took off towards the cemetery by her humble abode to see fellow Vampires, for the lack of a better term, raising from the dead. She dived for the ground, and the moment she touched it she turned back into her old human like self. Though she was naked, clothes don't seem to... stay in tact during shifting. Lilith looked at all of them, they were so new and looking for guidance. She cracked a grin before laughing. She stopped laughing just as fast as she let it out. Her normal soft voice turned into one alittle more deep with an undertone or some type of inhuman sound. "There is a party today at that... excuse of a Vampire's house. I would like for you all to crash that delicious party. Tonight." She told them as she swung out her right arm in a sweeping motion to indicate all of them. And of course as always, in any group supernatural or not there was those who didn't follow what they were told very well.

"Why? Who put you in charge?... Y'know what why am I even here.. anyone else agree with me?" A guy in the back spoke up.

Lilith started whining her voice changed back to her normal soft girly voice. She was looking down at herself. "Why am I naked?" She looked up to the one who was complaining to her. "Who are you? He sounds so mean..!" Her head lowered and her eyes narrowed. Her loose dark purple hair framed her face on either side and her crimson eyes started to glow. In the blink of an eye she was in front of the one who spoke up and her right hand was through his chest. It completely went through and was cover in a somewhat thick substance. "Anymore questions?" The two toned voice asked. She retracted her blood covered arm and watched as the limp body fell to the grow. All trace of him would be gone soon, she was wasn't worried about the body. She turned to the rest of the group and raise her hand near mouth to lick it. "Go."

------- Oct. 2nd

Lilith awoke to rain coming in through the broken roof, she left the corner she had found herself in and stepped close where the rain was pouring down through the roof. She looked behind her and could bloody foot steps coming from the somewhat dark corner. She looked back in front of her and stepped through the curtain of water to wash away all traces of what had happened last night. Once all the blood dried and fresh was gone, she went into the back room of the Church and picked up a towel of the table to dry herself before picking up some red and black pants, slipping on some knee high stockings follow by her black knew boots that had red on the bottom. The last to cover her was a red and black corset that accentuated her curves and cleavage. She slipped on two wrist gloves that had a gem, then place a dragon cuff on her right ear. She pranced around and posed as if she was in front of a mirror. "You look so pretty!" She swooned. Lilith picked up a a pair of shades and a black umbrella that had intricate silver designs on it and went out into the rain.

She later arrive at the Deadman's Diner, she sometimes would come here to scope out the people of Farefield. She donned her shades before, opening the door, and the bell at the top rang to let the establishment know they had another customer. She closed her umbrella, and looked around. Her eyes stopped off to the side where there were two men. She was staring longer then anyone should stare and on top of the it was very intense. There was a smell coming from one of them, it was quite the same as a Werewolf but it was close, the other smelled of apple blossoms. She broke off the stare and walked off to the opposite side of the diner and took a seat. It didn't take long for a female to show up and ask what she wanted. Lilith looked up at the woman and smiled dainty-like. "Could have a slice of apple pie with extra whip cream?" The lady nodded and walked away after scribbling something down.

Oh happy days!!