xXastraXx
If you come here... You'll find ...

Old 08-22-2014, 10:29 PM

-----Astra's Arts-----

Hey there, it's been awhile since I've been on this site! OAO It seems whenever I just start to settle here life picks up and I'm gone again, so once more I find myself trying to get back into the swing of things! Since I'm not entirely sure where to post, but I want to talk to people, I figured here's a good place to start...

So I hope we can discuss artsy things and hopefully get along!

-----Some things to note-----

~While I might draw some things on a whim, I'm too busy to accept specific requests or comissions~

~I am also not currently accepting art trades~

-----Let's get this show on the road!-----

The above is some simple loose doodles I did for a joke on tumblr. The characters depicted are Tormod and Muarim of Fire Emblem. They're super cute. I'd like to order 15 of them.

Ja'far is a character from the series called Magi. I really like his childhood design, but, to do a unique spin, when I made a blog as him, I made did a female equivalent... Aaand one of the chapters from the manga was very sad, so naturally I drew a thing for it.

Since I run a fem Ja'far blog, there's no premade icons for it, so here are a couple of the many I've doodled... Consistent art style? What's that can you eat it?

Aaand I suppose that's all I'll post for now. oAo I don't wanna spam too much!

'Nuff said!

Kay Lynn
Classes are kickin' my butt

Old 08-23-2014, 02:36 AM

Your art OwO

*clears throat*
I mean, you are very talented :3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Doh. I wanted to ask for a commission.

xXastraXx

Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 PM

@UnmuzzledDragon

Eeeep. >/////w//////< Thankies.

I just saw your art thread too, through your link-- your art is adorable! I especially love your coloring style.

@Dystopia

It's just that I'm currently busy packing and such for back to school, so if I were to do a comission, it'd be something along the top two images, rather than the really complete drawing that comes third. Those I can do pretty quickly, but it'd take me awhile to do a more complete piece given my time constraints... Orz, I'm sure you know how it goes with school.

If you'd still like something, even though it'd be simpler, I could definitely fit some poses and facial expressions into my schedule, but if you don't, then I understand. oAo

---------- Post added 08-23-2014 at 06:32 PM ----------

Awhile back I had a dream that combined Magi with the Legend of Zelda... And it was really intense and awesome, so when I woke up I sat down and scribbled some designs of how Ja'far looked in the dream.

Last edited by xXastraXx; 08-23-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Kay Lynn
Classes are kickin' my butt

Old 08-23-2014, 11:55 PM

You're very welcome~ :3

Aw thank you so much ;w;

*oggles at new pictures*

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 08-24-2014, 07:15 AM

I like your art style, some of it is really cute!

xXastraXx

Old 08-24-2014, 05:46 PM

I started a drawing of a naga Ja'far, buuut once the coloring turned into a bit of a train wreck, I never ended up going back to it... I should someday. I like the concept~

---------- Post added 08-24-2014 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermahgerd Berks View Post
I like your art style, some of it is really cute!
Thank you! I know I have a lot of things I need to work on, but it sure is fun to draw cutesy things! Once I go back to school I won't be able to draw so much for myself, so I've been doodling a lot of random things! XD

It's nice to meet you!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM

c: Sure. Something like that would be fine- And I can commission you for a larger piece when you're less busy and have more time.

xXastraXx

Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
c: Sure. Something like that would be fine- And I can commission you for a larger piece when you're less busy and have more time.
That'd be fine by me! I can do something along the lines of the pictures in this post if you want. A couple of expressions and a more serious picture I mean?

The amount that I can handle really depends on the complexity of what you want. If you want just one character, that'd be ideal? But I can do a picture of two people if you like. Ahh, I'm rambling. Sorry about that. I just don't want you to worry.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-28-2014, 06:17 PM

Haha. Don't worry about it. Are you comfortable with animals at all?