Assistant Administrator

Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Whoa Ck - how did I not know you drew? I really love your style O.O
Haha - I dunno. xD Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I've never actually been to a convention so I have no idea what to suggest. Sorry CK <3
It's okay, Seiki. xD You're more than welcome to just come in here and hang out and chat. :3

Quote:
As for art that goes at a convention - I don't keep up with anime these days so I don't know any new animes
I know, me either. D: I know that something called "Tiger and Bunny" is super popular right now, but I have the feeling it's one of those shows you actually have to watch before you draw for.

Your suggestions were great, btw - thanks. :3

Quote:
Speaking of the Legend of Korra, I'm still on the third episode >>
I haven't watched any of it yet. >_> I should, since people are starting to spoiler on Tumblr, but I kind of wanted to watch the entire first season in one go. >_<;

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
Would you want to do a couple or a group picture? It'd take longer to draw but it might appeal to a wider variety of people.

Also, I think doing stickers of characters is a good idea. That way the buyer can put it on their phone or something to that effect so they can take it with them wherever they go.
I wonder if anywhere local prints stickers... :x I had my current stickers printed in Australia. xD; I'm sure somewhere around here must though. I have about a week to get artwork together and find someplace that prints...

Couples and groups is a good idea. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
Your chibi style is cute! Do you think those would make good stickers? :O
And I like fireprincess' idea of a group picture. And of trending fandoms right now (Korra, maybe Sherlock though it's been a while, etc.) ??
I have no idea if they would or not. Hahha. xD The Link one is a sticker and a magnet and sells at acceptable "paid for the cost of printing" amounts. It's all in the layout and the size it's printed at, I think.

Actually, Sherlock isn't a bad idea. :) I know that someone specifically asked me last convention if we (Omi and me) had anything Sherlock.

Quote:
Can we use live action shows? Because Doctor Who. Just saying.
Also a good idea. xD Haven't watched anything, but I could probably manage a cute Dalek and some Weeping Angels. xD

Quote:
The avengers is trending right now too - a lot of people I watch on DA are drawing the avengers characters in anime style XD
xD Yeah, several of my friends are huge into Marvel comics and movies. And there's a girl I follow because she draws a lot of new Star Trek and Sherlock stuff. She's turned her attention to Avengers too. xD It'd be nice to have an excuse to draw it. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
But in the end, it's up to what you want to do, CK. These are a bunch of things that are popular right now, but you don't have to make stuff for these series if you don't feel good about them.
Yeah - I know. xD I generally don't draw something unless I'm either familiar enough with the fandom to think I have the characters right (and I like the designs) or I'm a big fan of the series myself. xD

Like, I've never played through a game of Legend of Zelda. I've played a little bit and watched a few hours of a few different games, but it's not the same as having first-hand knowledge. But I've been a "fan" of the characters for... decades, I guess. Nearly decades, anyway. I could swear one of the first games I ever bought for my Nintendo was Legend of Zelda. I can't prove it, though, as we gave that system away to a cousin, iirc.

Quote:
OMG I hate when shows are cancelled and don't get a proper ending.
One of the first times that ever happened to me was the show "Models Inc". The way the series ended still pisses me off. xD

(SPOILERS: One of the subplots had a model who was played by the lady who played Trinity from the Matrix. Anyway - she had a married lover and she thought that he was going to run away with her and ditch his wife. So she happily goes off with him, where he drugs her. She wakes up in a Mexican whorehouse with the sudden realization of what happened to her.

I think another of the characters was played by the blonde girl from Hey Dude and her cliffhanger ending was a priest got her pregnant and they were trying to decide what to do about the child. But her situation was less, "OMG" than Trinity lady's character.
)

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowberry View Post
Good luck CK! c: Very nice sketches you have !Suggestions? I dunno. >3< My sis is obsessed with Nana? I think that has a pretty strong following. I haven't watched anime in ages. *sad face*
Thank you. :hug: :3

Nana is one of those series I keep looking at because the art is so pretty. >_>

PS: I am being lazy and will tally up a list of suggestions tomorrow. I'm supposed to be taking a bath right now but... meh!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 AM

*stalks CK's thread* >> << >>

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 AM

Ck~ Oh! You just reminded me. Speaking of pretty art. Pet Shop of Horrors. I was reading the manga online and then stopped. I need to find/re-read/finish it. The art is ...gorgeous! *o* I don't know if it's popular, though.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM

:3 I need some burgerkitty swag. So cute, Ck.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 AM

Ummm - lmao - what a crazy show that is CK! XD

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 AM

Maria, I have so many shows that I've felt the series finale was terrible because they got cancelled and had to come up with a last minute conclusion to the series. Some of my favorites that got cancelled are Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, and more recently, GCB.

CK, cool. Hanging works for me! and I know what you mean about wanting to watch the series all the way through. I'm terrible at waiting for the next week's episode to come on, but that's why I try to watch as many shows as possible. It keeps me distracted from wanting the next episode immediately after the first one has premiered.

If you do do any Doctor Who stuff, I would love to see it!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
*stalks CK's thread* >> << >>
:o

Quote:
Ck~ Oh! You just reminded me. Speaking of pretty art. Pet Shop of Horrors. I was reading the manga online and then stopped. I need to find/re-read/finish it. The art is ...gorgeous! *o* I don't know if it's popular, though.
I loooved Pet Shop of Horrors! Count D is visually very similar to one of my characters (pretty, femmy Asian guy with purple eyes and hair) and has some of the same personality traits. So I took to D immediately. xD I haven't read the newer series, though.

I dunno if it has to be "popular", exactly, as long as I like it enough to draw it. >_> <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
:3 I need some burgerkitty swag. So cute, Ck.
haha. xD TY! :heart:

Quote:
Ummm - lmao - what a crazy show that is CK! XD
It was GREAT. xD Melodrama up the wazoo!

Quote:
CK, cool. Hanging works for me! and I know what you mean about wanting to watch the series all the way through. I'm terrible at waiting for the next week's episode to come on, but that's why I try to watch as many shows as possible. It keeps me distracted from wanting the next episode immediately after the first one has premiered.
I get into routines and when they're interrupted, it's really, really hard for me to get back into them. :x That includes watching shows. I stopped watching shows I really liked because I had my routine interrupted and when I tried to start watching them again, I just couldn't get back into the same "mood" to enjoy them. >_>; That's how I ended up not finishing "Chuck", for example. So it's better for me if I can just have a whole season to watch in one go. xD;

Quote:
If you do do any Doctor Who stuff, I would love to see it!
Absolutely. xD I'll even ping you specifically, if I remember. xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 AM

8D *sets up camp* :ninja:

Oooo definitely do Doctor Who!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 01:45 PM

hello kitty is very popular.
blue/green/purple hello kittie items arre very hard to find.
a lot of us hello kitty lovers don't collect pink/red and that is the majority available.

oh, also, you know the shaved ice cones Seito-san has in her threadie?
maybe a snow cone kittie/puppie?
i would so buy everything from you, CK!
my fridge would be even more cluttered.
although, mine is full of wolves and hummingbirds,
these kitties/puppies would look lovely there.

GOOD LUCK AT THE CONVENTION, CK!!!!!
:heart:

Last edited by hummy; 05-24-2012 at 01:47 PM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 05-24-2012, 03:41 PM

Pedobear! That is what I draw when I am bored in the aircraft on a training flight. XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM

ah, no drrawing while sim flying!
be careful.

Seiki Nova

Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 PM

I can't say that I have the same troubles with hopping back in to shows that I've had to stop for whatever reasons, but that makes sense. I think most people would love to sit and watch an entire season of shows in one go than to have to wait for a new episode weekly anyways.

And sweet. If I don't get a ping, I'll just pop in in another few weeks and ask you about it haha.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Ck~ Finished it in one sitting overnight! ;o; Loooved it! :heart: There is a newer series? I'd definitely check it out.

Bartuc: I spy a stranger! :poke:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 01:23 PM

hiya, Snowie!

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Morning hummy! c:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM

how are you and your sweet puppie doing?

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 05-25-2012, 01:44 PM

I'm good, getting ready for work.

Puppy is sleeping. :3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 03:40 PM

aw, sleeping puppies are so cute.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 05-25-2012, 05:13 PM

I feel like I am a one-night stand who just got pinged for a second night everytime I see ping mails. XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM

lol, second night pinger.
:love:

Seiki Nova

Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 PM

No one ever pings me : (

Granted, I'm never online so I don't get to chat with people much but I appreciate a good ping every now and then.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 PM

hummy's gonna take care of that!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-26-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
8D *sets up camp* :ninja:

Oooo definitely do Doctor Who!
Ohoo... I have attracted a ninja camp. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

hello kitty is very popular.
blue/green/purple hello kittie items arre very hard to find.
a lot of us hello kitty lovers don't collect pink/red and that is the majority available.

oh, also, you know the shaved ice cones Seito-san has in her threadie?
maybe a snow cone kittie/puppie?
i would so buy everything from you, CK!
my fridge would be even more cluttered.
although, mine is full of wolves and hummingbirds,
these kitties/puppies would look lovely there.

GOOD LUCK AT THE CONVENTION, CK!!!!!
:heart:
Oh, Hello Kitty wouldn't be bad at all. And I'd be happy to do multiple colors. :3

And more foodimals would be fun. xD I need to figure out what I'm going to do versus what I hope to do. I'm making a list tonight of To Do so I can figure out what is reasonable to expect to be able to accomplish.

I just need to earn enough tokens for a set of EIs. >_<; I'm not posting as much as I need to, but at least I have my Must Have or Will Cry ones purchased. xD

TY for the good luck, btw. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc View Post
Pedobear! That is what I draw when I am bored in the aircraft on a training flight. XD
OMG.

I WILL.

I HAVE TO NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
ah, no drrawing while sim flying!
be careful.
Barty's not a pilot, so don't worry. :)

Quote:
And sweet. If I don't get a ping, I'll just pop in in another few weeks and ask you about it haha.
Yes - please do. xD If I stay in a drawing mode even if I don't get it done in time for this convention, hopefully I'll have it done for the next one. :3 That's part of why I keep making threads like this - to get a better idea of what people find fun to look at that I might not think about because I'm all focused on whatever has hit me recently. xD

Quote:
Ck~ Finished it in one sitting overnight! ;o; Loooved it! :heart: There is a newer series? I'd definitely check it out.
I'll let you know what I think of it if I find it before you do. xD And if you read it before me, let me know. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartuc View Post
I feel like I am a one-night stand who just got pinged for a second night everytime I see ping mails. XD
Quote:
No one ever pings me : (

Granted, I'm never online so I don't get to chat with people much but I appreciate a good ping every now and then.
:rofl:

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 AM

wow CK shows herself! It has been a very long time since I saw you how have you been?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 AM

I know. D: I am becoming more and more hermit-like as I try to juggle a lot of activities, then decide, ":talk2hand: I'm playing (game here)!"

I've been all right. :) You?