ShizukaYuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 AM

all character names are property of Natsuki Takaya and the fruits basket team
some characters are owned by right by natsuki takaya some characters are of my own making.

plot may resemble bits and pieces of the fruits basket mongabut for most off it shouldnt be that accurate..its fanfiction

(sorry this is my first fanfic posting to public view)

i'm not hoping for critique per say just if it's cohesive.... like does it make sense in a flowing sort of way. i've never been good at keeping a story in focus with a clear plot!

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was shameful, he should be happy for them. they had been married for several years now. the curse had been broken for years now. but why was it so hard for him to see them together? he wasn't in love with Tohru, he'd come to accept and understand that Kyou was meant for her and that he in fact loved Tohru more as an elder sister than as a lover. He knew she started the breaking of the curse. it all started happening when she came into all their lives. Everytime he saw her he remembered those times in Shigure's home. It made him smile and yet, he wasn't happy.

After so long living with the curse, always having to push the girls away when they merely wanted affection from him. but he couldn't give it. he couldn't risk anybody knowing about his other form. now he was out of high schoo and almost finished university. He only actually saw Tohru and Kyou on holidays and breaks from school. they chose to attend a different school. Hatsuharu was the only Souma at this school. he was thankful, high school seemd all about family. now the curse was broken he could focus on school on other people on himself, on who he was. "but who am i?"

"how should i know?"

the reply to what he'd thought was an unspoken question surprised him and he jumped looking at the person sitting next to him.

"oh, i'm sorry i did not realize i spoke aloud" he blushed slightly.

the girl who had responded giggled and poked his cheek. It made him blush more. "oh i know who you are! you're Yuki right? you're at the top of the class! YOU!!" she suddenly shouted and pointed at him " you kill the curve for the rest of us!!"

yuki's eyes went wide but he smiled " i'm sorry...?"

she huffed blowing her bangs from her face. "you owe me a soda"

"what?? why?"

"because you just do! so why are sitting on this bench all by yourself for anyway?"

he shrugged " i was just thinking about how my life is turning out. i didn't have much time to focus solely on myself growing up and now i find.... i seem to have all the time in the world, i'm just not certain where i should start"

"You can start by buying me a soda!" she stood hauling him to his feet and dragging him down the path toward the vending machines "i hope you have cash on you because if not you're going to have to buy me dinner too!"

It took all his will power to not shove her away. he wondered why he had such a hard time remembering the curse was broken. he forced himself to relax to enjoy this girls company. she was lively, he liked that! but who was she. Oh god he hadn't asked her name. how self centered could he be! he needed to ask before it was too late.... was it already too late?

"I didn't... i mean... who are you...i mean what's your name?"

"my name? " she giggled stopping at the vending machines " it's Sukira. i'm in your chemistry class. i sit in the back so you'd never see me with you all the way up front"

"oh, it's easier for me to focus on my studies than ... other things"

"what other things?"

"people...mostly."

"you're kinda weird you know that?"

he chuckled "yea..i guess i am"

he didn't feel weird. he felt awkward. but he would rather her think he was strange then think he was dull and not worth getting to know. sukira, it was a different name but he liked it. he remembered liking it when their professor called on her during class. but he was too self focused on taking notes and what he was doing to turn around and see who had offered an answer.

truth was she should be the one killing the class curve,. he was remembering the more he thought about it. she always volunteered in class, she raised her hand she wasn't afraid to offer an explanation or answer. even if she was wrong she was willing to learn. he had to right every time he never raised his hand unless he was 100% sure he was going to say the right answer.

she was still talking to him. he smiled but was curious that she could just keep talking, he hadn't said anything for a while and she was still talking! suddenly out of no where he burst into laughter. It was funny, she was completely oblivious to the fact that he had tuned out!

"hey! my grades are not that funny!!" she pouted and held out her hand " now you owe me two soda's!"

he shook his head handing her enough money for a soda " no i don't, and i'm sorry, i don't mean to laugh at your grades i was just thinking that you remind me of somebody and it made me laugh."

"i see...i think" she purchased and sipped at her soda "so you gonna buy me dinner?" she winked at him.

his laughter had died but there was stil a few traces of it left in his speech and he couldn't stop smiling "okay you're a little more forward then she was but i'm not complaining yet..... i bought you your soda i think you should buy Me diner"

"but you are the guy. guy's buy girls dinner! that's' how it goes!"

"says who?!"

"says everybody!! you realy need to get your head out of those books Yuki! come on!" and off she went grabbing his arm and pulling him with her.

he didn't put up a fight. This was nice and just what he needed. He'd only spent the past 15 minutes with her. b ut he was looking forward to getting to know her. this was exactly what he needed indeed! someone to help him get out of his shell! someone other then hatsuharu....who'd been spying on him all day. but he wasn't ready to tell her that haru was still following them. she didn't need to know about haru until...haru decided to show himself! for now he wanted sukira for himself he'd explain him and his cousins odd relationship later...god knows it will come up eventually.

this was turning out to be a pretty good day. he smiled to himself again. a very good day indeed.

~*~*~*~

the story isn't finished i hope to finish it or at least continue it at a later time but please let me kmnow what you think?

(i'm also out of time and can not go back and fix all my horrible capitalizations or lack there of but i hope to do that too. XD )