Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 AM

(well suppose I shall wait for her to post again ^.^)

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 02-26-2010, 04:34 AM

((Alrighty. ^_- If you wish. :lol: We will wait. :)))

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 02-26-2010, 04:51 AM

Lyra's cheek was still a bit cold she was startled and had just kind of stood there in shock, obviously she hadn't seen that coming. (haha.. sorry couldn't resist)

As she heard Kej's voice ask about her she turned towards him. "My name is Lyra." She replied, her voice once again the soft voice she had before she started panicking when Kej was trapped in the crystal.

Last edited by Shadami; 02-26-2010 at 04:56 AM..

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 AM

Alana smiled as she watched him.

"Would you like something to eat Kej?"

She reached into her pack and pulled out some food and water placing it close to him.

"It will at least give you some strength. So tell me how long have you guys been trapped here?"

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 05:19 AM

((:lol: How cute. :heart:))

Kej's gaze softened, and he smiled over to Lyra. Touching his forehead in formal greeting, he bowed his head - though he knew she couldn't see it. "You saved my life, Lady Lyra," he said quietly. "For that, you have my eternal gratitude."
The elf glanced to the food and water that Alana set beside him, whispering his thanks. Picking up the canteen, he opened it and took a sip. Kej closed his eyes to do so, enjoying the feel of the cool water. When he had his fill, the dark-haired elf let the container rest in his lap, and he relaxed against the cavern's rough wall.
"What year is it?" he asked, his deep voice low.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-26-2010, 05:35 AM

Lyra smiled, "It was nothing really, I just figured out where the weakness in the crystal was with shara's help and pushed." She pulled out her notebook once again and fingered around for the bookmark to flip to the correct spot. She needed to jot down the differences in the crystal and explain the comparisons between the elves voices and the crystals that they had been trapped in. Once she finished she would investigate Kej's crystal more thoroughly she decided.

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 05:37 AM

(what year is it????? I dont even know and cant post)

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 05:43 AM

((Whoops. Forgot to mention that, I guess. :XD Do you want it to be current time, future-ish . .. past? I think current or past would be interesting, though I am not very picky. ^_^))

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 05:59 AM

(current works for me.)

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 AM

((Alright. 2010 it is. :D I like the idea. ^_-))

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 06:45 AM

"It is now 2010. What year where you buried?"

She was still taking notes and once again pulled out her tape measurer.

"Hold still for me."

She began to measure him as she did the girl. She measured his head and arms and legs and full height. She finished it up quickly and then put the measuring tape up and sat down going back to her notes.

"And also Kej What race are you?"

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 AM

The questions started, leaving Kej a bit dazed.
"2010?" the elf shook his head, blinking slowly. "We've been down there since the early 1900's. We didn't care to mark down the date." Smiling grimly, Kej glanced at Alana as she started measuring him, his pale eyes flickering about as she took down the measurements. He obediently sat still while waiting for the end result, and closed his eyes when she was almost finished. Her voice made him rouse once more.
"What am I?" The surprise in the dark-haired elf's voice was blatant. "We are Elves." The last time humans had spoken to them, they had been brutal enemies. Had they really disappeared so completely that they were forgotten?
"Shara and I are elves," Kej repeated, blinking in surprise. "Our city went into hibernation to escape the attacks from . . . from the humans." His deep voice was still low, it usually was never anything but. "It seems that our idea worked only too well."
Raising a slightly metallic hand, he took up a small piece of bread. Slowly taking a bite, he narrowed his white eyes. One hundred years wasn't long for an elf. But for humans . . . it was an entire generation. Was it true that his race had been forgotten? In such a short amount of time?

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 AM

She looked up when he mentioned the date.

"Wow that long."

She wrote it down along with the race part and the bit of history.

"Times have changed. We do not want to harm elves in fact we now think they are nothing but mythological creatures. We always thought they were just storys. I remember there being a story about a war with elves but once again I thought it was just a tale. This is wonderful. I can't wait to see what people are going to say about this. How far down do you think the city is?"

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Lyra thought about everything that Kej was saying her mind piecing things together. "What if the humans you were fighting thought they had won and than felt guilty and tried to pretend you had never existed in the first place. " She said this outloud without thinking about it as her mind was piecing thoughts together, it was more of a too herself afterthought so her voice was not very loud. Her soft voice seemed to dwindle in the air with such an upfront thought, but her mind wasn't finished. "Elves were fairy tales to me, read to me when i was younger about how knowledgeable you are about nature and the forest...but." they're inside of the ground.

Finishing a portion of her notes she marked her place and stood back up to investigate the other crystal. She had to clear her head to concentrate on Kej's voice compared to it, she really thought that there was some kind of comparison. The slightly rough flaw in the smooth surface, could that be about Kej's so called weakness. Shara believed him to be weak, or had said so when he had collapsed on me. She smiled, he had a low voice it was deeper than Shara's, obviously male and female's voices were different similar to how it is with humans. Could she find that in the crystal though. Her hand slid over the edges of the crystal where it had been pushed open and she let out the tiniest of gasps. It was thicker! She felt her way to the other crystal to double check. No wonder it was harder to get him out.

Esmme

Old 02-27-2010, 03:04 AM

"The city must be about a mile lower," Kej said, lifting a weak arm to point toward a strangely rock-like wall. Shara came over and batted his arm down, glaring at him. When the male raised an eyebrow to question her actions, Shara frowned in protest. She didn't want her city invaded by humans. Not when they were the last elves left to protect it.
"But it is impossible for you to reach," the woman said, her white eyes narrowed. She reached up to finger one of the fangs that hung from her pointed ear, smiling slightly. “Only elves may enter our homeland.”
The look on Kej’s face spoke differently, but he swiftly allowed his sharp features to melt into a stoic expression. Inclining his head, he said nothing, but took on the air of agreement. Both elves were silent for a few moments, and Shara moved to sit beside her companion. She whispered something too low for the normal range of hearing to pick up.
“They’ll defile the sacred city,” the woman hissed, “we can’t let them find it. Not ever.”
The two of them were looking at the bread that Kej held, and it looked as though she was asking for a piece – to which the male broke of a small chunk and handed it to her. A completely normal exchange – unless you were one of them.
“You are too critical of them, Shar.” Kej’s lips barely moved as he breathed his words, but Shara caught them without trouble.
“And you are too trusting.”
His white eyes moved to Alana, and he smiled slightly, continuing the earlier conversation. Apparently they’d had this discussion before, and Kej was tired of having it. “The doorway appears to be sealed,” the elf said smoothly, blinking. “I am uncertain as to whether we can show you an alternate route into the city.”
Shara popped her piece of food into her mouth, chewing happily. Licking her fingers, the woman chuckled in agreement. Both elves seemed to be back to their normal state of observation.
Kej looked from Alana to Lyra, letting his pale eyes linger on the blind woman for a moment. “How do you write?” he asked after watching her for a second, following her pen strokes with his glowing gaze. “Are you not blind?”
Tilting his head, the dark-haired elf watched as she inspected the crystal prizons, and Kej slowly stood. Swaying slightly, the tall man moved toward her, gently falling to his knees beside the blind girl. Slowly waving his hand before her eyes, he frowned. Taking a breath, he paused, and then asked what was on his mind.
"Is it hard?"

Talitha001

Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Alana watched the two converse. This female elf seemed to be rather stubborn and unavailable for compromise. The male on the other hand seemed to be the submissive and nicer one. She wondered if there was a way to convince them that they were not going to harm there city. She sighed and took down a few more notes.

"Well we can at least help you get back into your city. Then perhaps you could record a few pictures of it for us. We wouldnt even have to enter it."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Lyra had her journal open again and she turned to him with a slight smile. "It is, but I learned to do this when i was young, i needed to be able to write when I wasn't near a computer or a braille writer." Her hair had fallen in her eyes but she didn't notice. Her fingers slid across the page as she marked her place and traced over the letters with her fingers. "When I go home my sister will type them out for me so that I can re-read what I've written." She fell silent for a moment, trying to figure out how to explain it. "The paper itself is special. I can press hard and leave a distinct indent, but when I write..." She traced the last word she had written. "It's almost smooth, it presses into the paper slightly and I can tell if I am at least writing in a straight line."

(sorry about taking so long to re-post, I went away for the weekend and left my computer at home, aka, no internet access oops. )

Esmme

Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 PM

"Computer . . ." the word sounded odd in Kej's voice. It was apparent that he had never heard the word before. He was about to ask about it when he heard Alana's words.
"We wouldnt even have to enter it."
He caught Shara's gaze with his own, and nodded slightly. Shara, on the other hand, grumbled something under her breath. The male turned his attention back to the blind girl beside him. "Why did you come with these people?" he asked quietly. "Is it not dangerous?"

Shara continued to mumble under her breath for many seconds before looking up at Alana. "You wouldn't be able to get past the wall," she finally stated. The metallic-skinned woman almost sounded unsure, but she didn't admit it. "How can humans help us get home?" She snorted. "We're lucky you found us. I highly doubt you will find the correct entrance to the-"
She was cut off by an excited shout farther back in the cavern, and she hissed a curse under her breath. They'd found the right path to the city.

Talitha001

Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Alana frowned at the shouts. This was so strange. These two were not accepting anything nice she had to say and it was rather frustrating. The thing is they were treating this blind girl much better. Alana decided to just let it go for now and went to see what was going on with her clipboard so she could write it down. She figured things would be ok if she left Lyra alone for a bit.

"I will be back."

She walked away slowly making notes as she went.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 PM

She made a mental note to explain modern technology when she explained things that focused on them and than continued answering Kej's questions. "I've always liked being outside, and the new discoveries you can find when you go through sand and earth. " She nodded with a little smile on her face. "Stones are fascinating because you can feel so many things in them for example." her smile faded slightly as she contemplated the next part of his question, 'was it dangerous.' How do i answer that one. Lyra's last answer came much slower than the others had. "It's dangerous in the sense that they're new places that I haven't learned to move around on my own, but it is dangerous even for people who can see, you never know when something might fall. " She paused for a moment before continuing. "But it's not so dangerous that I can't do it. i think that me being blind helps in some ways. "

Esmme

Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 AM

Watching Alana go, Shara frowned after her. When she caught Kej's gaze, she shrugged. Alright, maybe he's right. Maybe I'm being to harsh on them. She shook her head. But they're humans! Gah.
The woman stood, stretching her arms above her head. Stepping over to where the other workers had found the "door" to the elven city, she sighed, her white eyes filled with longing and wonder. "This is it," she whispered to herself, moving to run a finger over one of the symbols etched into the stone wall. Whispering a few more things to herself, the elf then moved along the wall until she found what seemed to be a stairway - or the beginnings of one. It was still blocked with dirt and stone, but the dark-haired elf pointed to it slowly.
"Here," she said loud enough for some of the workers to hear her. "This is the entryway to the city." Have I chosen wrong? Or right?

Kej kept his gaze on Alana as she walked off, glaring gently over at his sister. She was always saying the wrong thing, making enemies when they least needed to do so. The elf looked back to Lyra as she spoke once more.
"Incredible," he said, meaning it wholeheartedly. In his city, the blind were taken care of . . . harshly. The first signs of blindness they showed were the first marker - and then they were killed. There was no room for the weak in the city of the elves. The dark-haired male stated as much in a quiet voice. "My kin consider your condition a weakness. They would kill you if they knew of it." Kej cleared his throat, realizing that his words could have been considered a threat - or an insult of some sort. "But it was the elder's duty," he said quickly, his deep voice low. "None of the other people had anything to do with it."
His white glowing eyes moved to her hands. He loved to watch them as they flit about, feeling and working as Lyra's eyes. He slowly reached forward with a barely metallic hand to touch the back of her wrist, curious as to how warm she really was. As it was before, he was cold, and she was warm. It was such a strange contrast - the surface dwellers had the sun to keep them warm, and the elves lived beneath the heat of the day. It showed in their differing temperatures for sure.
"Please do not be offended," Kej murmered, knowing that some people might take his actions as forward - perhaps even appalling. Gently reaching forward, he pressed a hand to the tender part of her throat as though to feel her pulse. It was far quicker than an elf's, thus their different temperatures. Holding his hand there for a few seconds, Kej closed his eyes. It's like the beat of an entirely different drum.

Talitha001

Old 03-02-2010, 03:10 AM

Alana watched the others for a moment and noticed how excited they were. This was entertaining as hell. She couldnt beilive this. They must have found the city this was wonderful. She noticed they had uncovered what seemed to be an arch with the images of two elves on either side. This was wonderful. She went up to the arch and studied it closely.

It was made of an interesting material. She would guess some sort of wood but not deteriorated. She looked at the carvings. They were very detailed and not at all messed up or chiped. This was great. She noticed the details of the eyes and even the eyebrows. This would be a great dig. She studied the clothing they wore. They were very intricatly dressed. They must be some sort of royalty.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 AM

Lyra held her hand still over the page letting Kej touch her, she was probably just as curious of him as he was of her. He mouth twitched as he called her blindness a weakness, but for the most part it was true, she had worked very hard to get to where she was today. "You're very cold." She said at last. "Why is that?"

What she really wanted to do was stop recording and just see what he was like. She didn't know what an elf looked like. They were just fairy tales from when she was young, their descriptions only be skimmed over. Lyra was fascinated with details and the one thing she remembered about elves was that they had pointed ears. As she thought about it she voiced her question out loud. "Do elves really have pointed ears?" with her free hand she reached up and brushed her own soft round ear and got a questioning look on her face.

(when would you like me to introduce Nakeit? Should he be in the entrance they found in another crystal, on the stairs, or in the city itself? )

Esmme

Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 AM

Shara stepped aside as more of the arch was uncovered, and she grit her teeth when they finally broke through. On the other side was a slender pathway that seemed to weave through many stalagtites and other cave formations delicately, leading to a stairway far across the cavern. It seemed as though everything from there on out was clear of debris, though it was obviously very old - though not weak. If anything, the place looked timeless with it's strange crystal and wood-like structure, stone and tree seeming to mix without fault. Light from the fresh opening brightened the entire area, the crystals acting as torches of a sort.
Elves needed no light - not to see. Blinking slowly, Shara stepped ahead of everyone, her eyes wide. It had been a full century since she had last seen her homeland. Were there others that dwelled there now? Perhaps something that they'd missed, or someone who had remained behind?
Eagerly slipping onto the graceful path through the cave, she glanced to the floor of the cavern many feet below her. "Do not fall," the elf stated simply, her metallic skin gleaming in the lighting. Her focus was once more on the stairway ahead.

Kej glanced over to where they had opened the portal to the city, and frowned slightly before returning his attention to Lyra. "We are like an absence of heat," the elf said slowly, "cold-blooded, as the human's said. We can't stand warmth for too long." In contrast to what he said, his pale hand lingered on her throat, slowly moving up to her cheek for a moment before dropping into his lap.
When she asked about elves having pointed ears, he couldn't help but smile. "Yes," he said quietly, "We do." Kej brushed his navy hair behind one of his ears before grabbing Lyra's hand, bringing it up to his head. His ears were slightly longer than a humans, and pointed as the stories said, though not quite as large as some would say. There was a noticable difference between elven and human features, but it wasn't as dramatic as some of the fairy tales said.
Letting Lyra "see" the difference, he smiled slightly. It was strange talking with a blind woman. He'd never done it before.

((I think it would be cool to introduce Nakeit when they reached the city itself - perhaps he was left as a crystalized guardian, and is woken by the presence of life? :P Ah, and "Lady Alana," would you like me to introduce another male character for you? :P I almost feel bad to dump you off with the rest of the group alone. :lol:))

Talitha001

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM

(sure if you wish that would be nice >< feeling so alone atm lol)

Alana watched as the elf girl headed toward the city. For now she was content with taking her time to thoroughly record everything. She wanted it to be a perfect find and she wanted everything done in a timely order and fashion. She finished with the arch and walked slowly heading where the elf had went. She had with her a flashlight helmet and she put it on and turned it on so she could see. She walked slowly making notes as she went.