hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 03:30 PM

so i was involved in an automobile accident a few weeks ago
i cannot seem to shake the panic it has left me with.....about everything
i cannot seem to make any decision about anything.
yesterday a car made a wonkie move toward me
and i burst out into tears,
had a hard time breathing
and scurried my way back home.

so how do you handle/deal with panic

i am not doing very well at all
breathing deeply and crying.....for me sucks!

Last edited by hummy; 09-25-2016 at 03:33 PM..

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-25-2016, 04:52 PM

I understand! I was in an accident around December and for a long time if I was in a car with someone else (I kind of refused to drive for a while) and their car slightly did anything, I started to have a panic attack. Or if it was raining. Still, if the weather is bad and it's raining, I refuse to drive. You can't really get over something like that. It's really scary. And it's okay to still be cautious, but at least you're okay now! It'll just be a while before you can be comfortable again, you may never be how you once were, but you'll get close. Hopefully.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 05:54 PM

i am having to force myself to leave the house
and i don't want to say 'i'm going here' for myself
but if someone else wants to go i am okay with that

i'm glad you are doing better after your accident
i don't know how people seem so normal after one
i am totally a basket case, i try to hide it, of course
but i seem to notice so many bad/weird/uncautious drivers
and i almost hyperventalate each and every time, it is pathetic!

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-25-2016, 06:41 PM

It's not pathetic! Everyone reacts to situations differently. Today, it was raining and my dad wanted to go to lunch because he was in town. It took me a while to get myself to drive.

You just adjust in your own way. If you want to take a while to get better and stay indoors because it will help, do it. Or, if you want to face the storm and just go out, do it. I wrecked during Christmas, but I had to keep going to work. My friend drove me, and I had a little panic attack every day. They eventually stopped. I just got used to it? I don't know, it's hard to explain. I guess I just realized that going out is inevitable if I want to live and have a life, so I faced it? I'm always panicking on the inside though. Different scenarios going off in my head.

I hope this is making sense? I'm terrible at text explanations? ahahaah //handgesturesarelife

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 AM

i am trying but it is really difficult
like even to where i have chest pains
this is the second time in/at an intersection
i have been involved in a traffic accident *panicks*
first time i was hit broadside by a car racing
i even checked before i proceeded into the intersection
no cars were even in sight and them BAAAALAAAAAM!!!!!
it totalled the car and i wouldn't drive for a long time either
so i totally get you not wanting to drive in the rain
i hope you had a nice lunch with your dad =3

ThineRiddler
Hamiltrash

Old 09-26-2016, 02:25 AM

Oh wow, that's really scary. I just hydroplaned in a really busy city. If I would've planed the other way, I would've flown over an overpass and more than likely died.
But, you've been in two! It makes sense that you would be really scared. Especially when you know you did nothing wrong and then still getting hit. It makes you not trust yourself. It's okay to be scared.
It was. We have Taco Mayo. My favorite place. ;a;

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThineRiddler View Post
Oh wow, that's really scary. I just hydroplaned in a really busy city. If I would've planed the other way, I would've flown over an overpass and more than likely died.
But, you've been in two! It makes sense that you would be really scared. Especially when you know you did nothing wrong and then still getting hit. It makes you not trust yourself. It's okay to be scared.
It was. We have Taco Mayo. My favorite place. ;a;

oh my goodness, how scared were you *panicks for you*
i'm very happy you ddin't got the other way!

FREE LOCOS TACO AT TACO BELL TODAY!

Setsunaela
Glitter Fae

Old 02-12-2017, 11:13 AM

I totaled my car in an accident where I was driving about a year and a half ago, and it was terrifying. I didn't want to drive for months afterward. It was so scary. I'm honestly glad I was in my newer car at the time, if I'd been driving my old car I probably wouldn't have come out in such good shape as I did. I still have nightmares about it sometimes, where I remember the panic, and my ears ringing, and the smell from the airbags. I also start to freak out if I'm driving and anything just sort of.. feels wrong? Or if I'm a passenger and someone drives weird around us.