CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-02-2015, 07:15 AM

If I were out more in public, I'd totally incorporate it a little more into my daily wear. I think it's a style movement that has a niche for just about everyone to look good. Or actually everyone, provided they dress to properly flatter themselves and their unique qualities.

zyne
they/them

Old 01-02-2015, 07:17 AM

whoa that's such a good outfit. i love the whole steampunk movement in general.
did you make the clothing yourself or did you buy it? *-*

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 07:37 AM

I could go for a bit steampunk jewellery.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 07:49 AM

★ Group Contest Entry! ★
Users in this entry: Xogizmoox, Nephila, SuperZombiePotatoe, sjacklene, Maha-Aamir, fireprincess
Entry theme: How the Grinch stole Christmas
Commentary:

picture referencesX

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Image(s):

fireprincess (The Grinch), Maha-Aamir (Max the dog), sjacklene (Martha May Whovier), Xogizmoox (Whoville citizen), Nephila (The Christmas Tree), SuperZombiePotatoe (Cindy Lou Who)

Narcotic Dolly
LYRIONESS

Old 01-02-2015, 08:58 AM

An impressive array of Meneshan culture! Props to everyone. This really bought the nations to life for me.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-02-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyne View Post
whoa that's such a good outfit. i love the whole steampunk movement in general.
did you make the clothing yourself or did you buy it? *-*
Thanks! Bought all of it. xD Sheepskin ("sheepskin"?) boots were purchased in Australia. Striped pants were bought second-hand... Brown silk shirt the same. Corset bought at Corset Story. I can say I "made" the necklace by taking a cheap old pocket watch and putting it on a ribbon, but that's hardly rocket science. xD

My best friend sews and I'm sad I'm on the other side of the world from her 'cause she can't teach me very well from there.

Updating front page!

I ought to be back before the event closes, but I just want to say in advance do not worry if the front page isn't updated with your entry before the event closes. I'll see it - I promise. xD

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Whimzica

Old 01-02-2015, 02:21 PM

Island Contest Finale Entry
Username: Whimzica
Island Represented: Tapio
Commentary: Kappas are a mischievous little folk, often leading unwary travelers into swamps and deep water. However, they are exceedingly clever as well, and a great prize for a pirate to own. They can warn of danger ahead, and they know much of healing. Once they have given you an oath, they are honor-bound to keep it, making a very reliable companion. They take great skill to catch, but the payout is worth it!
Image:

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 08:27 AM ----------

Bonus Round!
Username: Whimzica
Question One All of them!
Question Two No, I'm usually not a group person.
Question Three: Merkhet & Tapio, although I really liked them all. It really gave us some great inside looks into all the islands' history and culture.
Question Four: Yes! Gave a good amount of time to design, especially if we couldnt be on one day, we didnt miss the deadline.
Question Five: I wish we coulda done entries for all islands, not just 1/2 in each round (maybe just 1 point for a second entry in the round?). :p

Last edited by Whimzica; 01-02-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Xo~GREMLIN~oX
~GIZZIE,S CHARITY CASE AVI~

Old 01-02-2015, 07:52 PM

★ Group Contest Entry! ★
Users in this entry:
Phobos and Deimos , xo~GREMLIN~ox , Utopia , and GummyBearKisses
Entry theme:
HELPING THOSE IN NEED ESPECIALLY AT THE HOLIDAY SEASON (salvation army bell ringer / toys for tots sorta but mene style)
Commentary:
[Need to explain something else about your entry?]Phobos and Deimos represents The new users first stop ... Xo~GREMLIN~oX represents Gizzie pocket full of sunshine ... Utopia represents Utopia charity ... GummyBearKisses represents "a newbie" ... Our avis are all dressed plain and simple because we give all our things away its a charity no need to have a blingy avi , when newbies join we look in our "gift pile" and give ... Gummy is modeling what a newbie may receive from us (one possible outfit) ... the charity avis are dressed in our charity themes Phobos along with the crow run new users first stop they are bird themed ... Utopia along with roachi run utopia charity and they are tropical paridice themed ... and Xo~GREMLIN~oX along with Gizzie are all gremlins themed ... each charity is like the mene islands different themes all into one
Image(s):
[Group avatars here.]

OUR GROUP
Phobos and Deimos , xo~GREMLIN~ox and Utopia (charity avis)

The New User's FIRST STOP, ~GIZZIE,S POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE CHARITY~ ,♥ Utopia Charity ♥

GummyBearKisses (newbie volunteer)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 01-02-2015, 08:05 PM

Username: bloodstainedwings
Island Represented: tapio
Commentary: Tapio sells meddlesome creatures that are common on their island, but rare on other islands and sell for a good amount. They only need to sell every once and a while to thin the herd, and its better than killing them for the same purpose. Today, I am selling a monkey that wont let go, a kappa that stole a child recently and a dragon and has been burning our crops.
Image:

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 03:11 PM ----------

Bonus Round!
Username: bloodstainedwings
Question One all of them!!!
Question Two yup!
Question Three: the ninja one!
Question Four: i love it! i thought it was a lot more challenging, driven, creative and interesting. it really pushed the limits and expanded upon free choice and timing.
Question Five: i seriously wish we could use the dac.... its hard when you dont own every item ever.

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 08:27 PM

Ck:
Here is a little extra bit for our entry :) Maha edited them all together just for fun

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 11:02 PM

Well, didn't manage to enter very many of the categories or contests this event. My baby boy was born on Dec. 28th. Been waaaaay too busy since then to even get on here. Might try to enter the last category now though.. If I have the time.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Wow, congratulations on your little boy, Velvet!

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 01-02-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Well, didn't manage to enter very many of the categories or contests this event. My baby boy was born on Dec. 28th. Been waaaaay too busy since then to even get on here. Might try to enter the last category now though.. If I have the time.
What! Congrats!! :D :D :D Do you have any of the event shop items yet? ;)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-03-2015, 01:18 AM

Wow! Congratulations on the new baby, Velvet!

You have a little over an hour left. D:

Updating the front page!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 01:22 AM

Username: Velvet
Island Represented: Tapio
Commentary: This Tapi warrior is trading weapons with the pirates. Finely crafted Tapi weapons that a pirate would find useful.
Image:

---------- Post added 01-03-2015 at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Wow, congratulations on your little boy, Velvet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
What! Congrats!! :D :D :D Do you have any of the event shop items yet? ;)
Thank you both. <3

Esmme, yeah, I managed to scrap up enough for one of each of the EIs. :) Luckily I had a few event tokens (the stamps this event) left over from the last event. That helped a whole lot.

---------- Post added 01-03-2015 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Wow! Congratulations on the new baby, Velvet!

You have a little over an hour left. D:

Updating the front page!
Thank you!

Got my entry finished in time. :)

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 02:27 AM

Code:
Username: fireprincess
Island Represented: Diane
Commentary: she is a dragon guard warrior
Image:

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 02:28 AM

Sneaking in at the last minute! Nice!

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 01-03-2015, 02:32 AM

Bonus Round!
Username: fireprincess
Question One All of them
Question Two yes :)
Question Three: Milos was definitely my favorite! I also liked Gwydion
Question Four: I loved it! There was a theme for everyone this time
Question Five: I really loved that there was something for everyone. It was also a refreshing change that it wasn't a color based contest. I enjoyed learning about the different islands!

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 09:33 PM ----------

Lol thanks Chex :)