Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 AM

"So.. you'll show me?... Thanks!" She takes Sedna's hand. "Can Amaranth come too?"

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 01-24-2010, 03:37 AM

Kaden gave Sedna a I'm-so-not-doing-this-alone look before she replied, a smirk on his face as she held her hand to the girl. He knew the woman was nearly a hermit, and this cheeky man couldn't help but make her uncomfortable. N'Teira nudged his back and snuffed at him, showing her displeasure at his provoking others. Kaden just waved her off, smirking a bit. "I'll fly over there to let the others know this one is staying with us right away." He said, tightening the leather throng in his hair.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 AM

Sedna nodded to the question though her face looked rather serious and cold as it often could. Such an innocent child…only five years difference technically but it felt like decades. She then turned to look forward as she closed her hand around Feng’s dark one and began to gently lead her forward. “Amaranth will stay with you… always if not eating, including in your room.” She replied in her quiet tones. She was rather annoyed with this being her duty but she knew Kaden wouldn’t let her walk away even with that look.

She glanced at Kaden, her eyes briefly narrowing at his smirk. Wait.. He was going to leave? She suppressed a sigh but nodded, not one to push an argument. It could not be helped… and someone had to do it. She walked forward now to lead her to the room, saying only to Kaden “Very well then….”

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 AM

"Great!" 'so... food now?' "I think so... Sedna is going to help me learn to take care of you." She turns back to Sedna, "Right?"

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 AM

Sheryn started herding the baby dragons and their new riders out to the feeding grounds, and the rest of the people started filing out as well, to the feast waiting for them. Lumelith poked her head back in. ~Oh, good, you are coming. The Lord Holder of Southern was starting to look for you.~ "It's not my fault his son didn't Impress."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 AM

Sedna glanced at Feng, frowning a bit. She was going to help? This was not what she was here for.. Not at all. The older woman said nothing, however and simply nodded as she gazed outwards as if into space. She spoke quietly, speaking in a distant voice. “Yes… I will teach you what I can now… I will show you your room first and then shall show you where you will find the cut up meat to feed your dragon before it is old enough to hunt….”

The white haired woman then continued towards the rooms, soon arriving at one that would be assigned to Feng. She waved a hand towards it, saying “here is your room… you can look at it first if you like..” With that she released her hand to let her look if she wanted to.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 AM

"That's fine. Amaranth is hungry. I'd be happy staying in the halls, but i guess i need to know where i'm supposed to sleep. I know now and can find my way back later. I can tell this isn't your ideal job, so If you just show me where to go, i'll figure it out from there. Thanks for this much though. Besides i like to explore."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 04:09 AM

“It is my job…what I want doesn’t matter…” Sedna replied simply, but there was a slightly darker note to it as if she had more on her mind then just this job. She quickly became passive once more however and managed a slight smile, as if to reassure the child. She then turned to gently take her hand, hearing her dragon whisper if he was a job she liked, resulting in Sedna briefly brightening and glancing up at its regal blue head. “I love you of course…” She murmured in reassurance to the blue scaled creature before walking forward and gently leading Feng towards where the cut up meat was stored. “I… apologize if I was rude…” She then said simply, her voice growing quiet quickly.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 AM

"It's fine... I mean it though... I'm used to being alone. I'll learn a bit better if I'm simply told where things are and when i need to be there. I'll figure the rest out on my own." She looks to her dragon, "Well, not entirely alone anymore."

Drakina

Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 AM

"Sheryn! I let you take my son under the impression that he would Impress! What happened?" the Lord Holder shouted, walking over to her. He was a short, portly man dressed in simple clothing, but that could have been because of the heat.

"I don't say who Impresses and who doesn't, the hatchlings do. If you would like to wait for another clutch to be laid, he can try again," she said, leaning against a tree. Lumelith settled down nearby. ~He's done this every time. Why does he want his son to be a rider so badly?~

"I say you rigged this. He was at the end of the line, away from all of them!" the man yelled.

"The 'line' you refer to is a semi-circle around the eggs. No one is farther than anyone else."

"That urchin fell practically into the nest! She stole the dragon from my son!" he continued, still shouting.

~Would you like me to chase him away?~
-No, lumelith, that would be bad form.- "I'm sorry, but that dragon would have Impressed upon her anyway, even if she had been up in the crowds. The hatchling would have climbed up to her. It's happened before," Sheryn explained, trying to rein her temper in. "Now, If you don't help celebrate for those that did Impress, I suggest you leave, before you upset too many dragons."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 04:22 AM

Yes… a dragon rider is never alone…” Sedna agreed quietly and nodded, her eyes still staring blankly forward in thought. She was thinking, as usual, and didn’t seem fully there. She could feel the loneliness of the girl but she saw nothing she could do. She was not good with comforting simply because she never get close. She glanced at her dragon a moment and gave him a smile, watching as he suddenly pressed forward. He licked Feng’s cheek then took to the air to fly in the limited space above them, never content to sit still. He And Sedna were so opposite… no one could understand why they were a pair.

As she pulled Feng along they would near Sheryn and the shouting man, causing Sedna to frown. He reminded her of someone too… someone not so pleasant. She tossed one pigtail with a soft hymph but said nothing, simply wordlessly beginning to lead Feng away.

((wheeee time for a boom maybe XD))

KageShio

Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 AM

Kaden had told the women of the Hold that the extra bed for an impressed was not needed for she would be staying at the Weyr with them. They muttered about privilege and who it could be, some hoping it was their child, some not. He winked to a few swooning teens before he took off and made his way back to the Weyr in top time. N'Teira landed on one of the large balconies, the argument between Sheryn and the Lord Holder reaching their ears. ~That doesn't sound good.~ N'Teira said as Kaden dismounted. "I know, I'm going to go save her from that jerk." He muttered as he stalked off, following the sound of the raised voices.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:27 AM

"Why are they shouting?" Feng starts to veer toward the fight, her curiosity getting the best of her. 'Mom's up there' "I wonder why?" 'Dunno... lets take a look' "Sure. This way" She leads Amaranth along the walls in the shadows to get a better view and to hear better.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 04:32 AM

“Because some believe might is right…” She murmured with an annoyed tone, starting to turn away when Feng slipped free. Sighing sedna glanced to her dragon with a ‘what next’ expression before walking slowly after her. She would not reach her in time to stop her, not at her walking pace, but she accepted this. She suspected she was about to watch an explosion in a sense…. People…

Drakina

Old 01-24-2010, 04:33 AM

"Well, if you don't get rid of her, I'll..." He turned as he heard people approach. "YOU! You stole that dragon from my son, and now you're just walking about like you own the place? I'll have you hanged, I will!" he shouted, starting to advance on the girl.

"Oh, no you don't!" Sheryn shouted, grabbing the Lord Holder's hand before he got too far away. "You will leave that child and her dragon alone, or I will personally see that Lumelith eats you some day when you happen to be taking a ride, like I know you love to do. All that time alone in your little boat, no one would know if you went missing." Lumelith growled and stood up. "She already wants to get you out, don't give me reason to let her eat you."

The man paled, then puffed up his chest. "You can't do that, I'm a Lord Holder. You do that and every other Hold in the area will rise up and destroy you," he said. His eyes darted around. "I'm serious."

"So am I," Sheryn growled, her eyes narrowing. "Get out. If your son really wants to Impress, he can stay. But you are not welcome here."

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:38 AM

Feng looked up at the furious lord puffed up her chest and shouted, "You puffed up pidgeon! You even try to touch me and you'll pay dearly for it! You pompous chit of a lord! Shells! If your son is anything like you I feel bad for any dragon that does impress on him. Learn some manners!" And with that she walks away. Amaranth snorts in his direction and follows. When she gets around the corner she leans against the wall and lets out a breath.

KageShio

Old 01-24-2010, 04:41 AM

Kaden's eyes widened as he saw the Lord yell and move towards Feng. He ran forwards, standing between them as Sheryn grabbed him. He narrowed his emerald eyes and his lip curled in a snarl, he really hated that man, that pompous bastard! His eyes darted from the Lord to Sheryn, the tension between the two so thick you could nearly see it in the air. He could feel the air vibrate with the low growls of the Queen, and then the girl spoke. He turned to look at her with wide eyes as she told off the Lord Holder. Kaden had to bite his tongue to stop from laughing. Had this child really just yelled at the Lord and gotten away? ~She really is like you, Kaden.~ N'Teira joked as she glanced in from the balcony.

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:43 AM

'You alright?' "Fine Lords like him should have something damaging shoved up thier asses." 'Why would someone do that?' "People are strange. some people end up putting other things up there for fun... I'll get more into that when you're older. Other wise it's something you generally don't do... unless they hurt you... but not all the time when they hurt you... you'll understand someday"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 04:45 AM

Sedna watched the argument with some annoyance, her eyebrow raising slightly at the Lord. She was not impressed to say the least, but seeing sheryn she could not help but feel a sense of pride in the leader. She had taken the girl under her wing already it seemed. Simply for the choice of the holy dragons, amazing how all seemed to trust this.

Watching Feng she shook her head, both impressed by her valor and annoyed at the stupidity. What an interesting sight. Seeing Kaden she raised her gaze to his, her eyes briefly narrowing. He’d left her with the child and ran off…even if he came to defend the girl now. “And so Kaden reappears….” She murmured, much as to herself as him.

Drakina

Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 AM

The Lord blinked at the outburst, turning to face Sheryn again. "Weyrwoman, get your riders under control," he said, his voice sounding weaker than it had a moment ago.

"They are. She had every right to yell at you, in my mind. Now get out of here before you piss someone who's better at fighting off, like you did last time, Alright?" Sheryn said, forcefully pulling the Lord to the exit. "And don't come back until you know some better manners," she snarled, throwing out. "I mean the thing about Lumelith!"

The Lord stumbled a few steps, then righted himself. "This is unlawful! I'll have you all reprimanded, or get a new Weyrwoman in here!" He puffed up again.

Lumelith roared, standing on her hind legs and spreading her huge wings. "I'd like to see you try! I'm fairer that several other Weyrwomen I know!" Seryn shouted, her voice able to be heard through the roar. "Get the hell out of my Weyr!"

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 04:57 AM

Feng peeked around the corner as the much larger dragon roared. Turning to her dragon she asked, "So, you'll roar like that someday, right?" 'Maybe. I don't know.' "Cool." she looked off into the distance for a moment then turned back to Amaranth, "Oh yeah! Food! I almst forgot!" She came back around the corner and asked, "Sedna? You were about to tell me where the food for Amaranth would be? Uh... Sorry I kind of wandered off. Where was it?"

KageShio

Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 AM

Kaden didn't wince as the Queen bellowed out a roar, and followed the Lord with a venomous green gaze. ~Is everything alright?~ N'Teira asked in a panicked voice. He moved forward with a prowling movement, a hand reaching to the dagger at his back. He probably wouldn't need it, and he really didn't want to have the Lord Holder at blade, but he was willing to defend Sheryn and the Wyer.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 AM

Hearing her name she turned from Kaden towards Feng slightly, tilting her head towards the girl. Oh yes.. .Food. She had almost forgotten in all the drama really. She frowned to herself but nodded, looking over the group as she saw how near to a fight it seemed to be….

“Den will show you….” She whispered to the young girl, directing the blue dragon to do so with a nod of her head. She stepped forward to walk to the front, her eyes narrowing at the Lord Holder. She would normally not interfere but this was interfering with her now. “Dear lord” she said in her most passive, emotionless tone. “It is a pity that your son’s dragon has not been born among the hatching, I know this must hurt you but don’t you think it hurts him too? Why don’t you go comfort your son.” She suggested, hoping that the lord would take the graceful exit she gave him.

Poseidon, meanwhile, was hoping next to Feng, folding his large blue wings against his back. To get her to follow him the dragon gently nipped her hair, skipping forward a few steps before looking over his shoulder at her. His eyes seem to glitter, inviting her to follow him as he skipped contently. He seemed unaffected by the fight, sure his mistress would not have sent him to lead the child unless she had good reason.

Drakina

Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 AM

"You disrespectf-" The Lord holder stopped as several other dragons roared, turning to at him. Several of the bronzes took to the air, quickly followed by the other colors. "I-I-I-I'll get a new Weyrwoman, I will. Just you wait and see!" He shouted, then turned and ran as fast as his pudgy little legs could carry him. Several of the hatchlings were making loud noised of protest, and the other guests had gone silent to watch.

"If you can do that, then you have my applause! But then your fat legs wouldn't be able to hide you quickly enough, because these people would hunt you down, even if the Weyrwoman told them not to!" Sheryn screamed, her voice carrying well through the air. She turned away, walking over to Lumelith, still fuming. "Get a new Weyrwoman, I'd like to see him try," she growled. "Kaden, don't bother. And Sedna, his son already left. He doesn't want to be a rider, the Holder is trying to force him to be one."
~If he does something to this Weyr, I will hunt him down, with or without your permission.~
Sheryn smiled. "It would be with my permission, dearest. Now try to calm yourself, all the other dragons are getting riled up because of you."
~You started it.~
"He did."

Bikari
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2010, 05:34 AM

"Alright." she follows his skipping steps looking back to what was happening with the adults. "That's one of the problems with adults. They never let what they consider to be children be around for the good stuff... unless they find the child inconsequential. That was one of the few fun things about being on the streets. I heard more about what was happening where and with who." 'Like?' "Oh... What official was sleeping around behind thier mate's back... Who was a figurehead to whom... that sort of thing. I was particular to the information that could potentially get me some money someday." 'How is sleeping a bad thing? The feel of it says you mean something more than sleeping.' "that's another thing i think i should wait till you are older to explain"